- » Spanish Holiday
Spanish Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spanish holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spanish holiday recipes.
Enjoy this light, colorful and super-tasty dish, great for a dinner with friends: the vegetarian paella! - 137.553
A jambalaya is a classic dish with a mixture of rice, meat or seafood and some seasonings to make this cracker of a dish! Ken makes this delicious dish using crab meat. Watch the video for more - 115.668
Pina Colada Cocktail
Are you looking for a cocktail that is easy to blend and a crowd pleaser too. Here is a video that shares the popular Pina Colada Cocktail recipe that is super simple cocktail to win all hearts. Rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice makes this cocktail a... - 100.013
How To Make Sangria
There is absolutely nothing like a cool, refreshing, punch-packed pitcher of sangria to heat up your summer celebrations any day. Apart from adding flavor and depth to any drink, this favorite summer beverage is quite an inexpensive way to add some kick to... - 95.7472
Chilled Organic And Raw Gazpacho Soup
Are you looking for simple way to make Raw Gazpacho Soup ? This recipe is perfect for you. Gazpacho is a very popular soup in Spain, Portugal and Latin American countries. Luci Lock of Mercola.com shows you how to make a simple and quick - raw Gazpacho soup... - 93.1448
Meat, Seafood And Vegetable Paella
Looking to make an interesting classical treat the next time you have guests over for dinner? Then watch this video and learn to make a yummy paella that will pair amazingly with wines. Watch to know more! - 89.4879
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 87.1865
Spanish Rice With Pigeon Peas
Peas and rice are standard combination all over! It never fails to appease anyone's palate! An easy Spanish recipe with clear steps! See the video for more details! - 73.2794
Spanish Raw Brownies
Attention all the raw food lovers, here's a great dessert recipe for you. Watch this video to learn Spanish Carob Brownies recipe. The dessert is easy to make and full of flavor, try it today in your own kitchen - 64.5128
Almond Soup With Picota Cherries
1. Soak the bread in the water for around 15 minutes until the pieces are soggy.
2. Put the softened bread and the water in a food processor with the almonds, garlic and
olive oil and blitz until smooth.
3. Season to taste with sherry... - 57.0186
1. In an ice cube tray, pour vegetable juice and freeze until solid to prepare 10 ice cubes.
2. Cut 2 slices from cucumber; keep aside for garnish.
3. Peel and seed the remaining cucumber; cut into rough pieces.
4. In a blender, process... - 51.422
Turkey And Black Bean Salad
1. Use a large 4-quart casserole or stock pot.
2. Drain the soaked beans and combine them with the onion, garlic, cinnamon, thyme, chili pepper, bay leaf and salt in the casserole.
3. Place on stove, over high flame.
4. Pour water to cover the beans... - 51.165
Gazpacho With Croutons
1. Separate 1 tablespoon each of tomato, green pepper and cucumber, and keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except toasted croutons for garnishing.
3. Using an electric blender, blend until... - 49.9048
1. Soak the garbanzos over night.
2. Drain well.
3. In a muslin bag put all the garbanzos. Put the bag in a pot along with 6 ingredients.
4. Add water to cover.
5. Boil and then simmer for 5 hours on low heat.
6. Add chorizo.
7. Take... - 49.3768
1.In a large pot place the first 8 ingredients.
2. Add water and boil.
3. Reduce heat and cover the mixture. Simmer for 3 hours.
4. Mix cabbage. Simmer till the cabbage is tender.
5. Add seasonings.
6. Remove the mixture and slice sausage and beef.
7.... - 49.3558
Authentic Bomba rice, cooked along with a melange of sea food..which gives Paella its personality. Do note that saffron is one key ingredient in preparation of paella..even though its in minimal amounts :) - 48.5918
Sift together first 3 ingredients.
Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork till all flour is moistened.
Shape into ball.
On lightly floured surface, roll 1/8 inch thick.
Cut into... - 48.5839
Spanish Summer Soup
1. Trim both ends of spring onion and chop.
2. Peel cucumber and chop roughly.
3. Cut green pepper into half, deseed and shred roughly.
4. Peel the garlic clove and crush to a puree with a little salt.
5. Trim and discard the crusts from the... - 48.0529
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 5-quart casserole dish, combine water, cinnamon, saffron and flavor packets (from rice mix).
Heat, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is boiling.
Add rice and heat, covered, 10 to 11 minutes.
Add clams and let stand,... - 48.0414
Paella With Salt Cod
1. In a 12-inch paella pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat sautÃ© onions in hot olive oil stirring it often, until it is soft and then sautÃ© the garlic such that it is fragrant.
2. Then add and sautÃ© the tomatoes and saffron stirring... - 47.9787
Sherry Almond Ice Cream
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water until it has softened.
2. Add the hot water and sugar and stir until the gelatin and sugar dissolve completely. Set aside to cool the liquid.
3. When the gelatin liquid thickens, whip the mixture with... - 47.8676
Fiesta Chicken Thighs
1. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In plastic bag, mix together flour, garlic salt, lemon pepper and chili powder and shake in chicken to coat.
3. In large frying pan, heat margarine and oil over medium temperature and cook chicken... - 47.414
Spanish Apple Slices
Sift the flour on to a working surface and make a well in the center.
Add the butter in small pieces with the sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
Mix well together with one hand to form a soft pastry dough.
Chill for 20 minutes.
Peel, core and thinly slice the... - 47.2063
Spanish Coffee Cake
This Spanish Coffee Cake recipe is my mother’s favorite. Whenever we are at home during holidays, my mother definitely prepares this dessert. Truly speaking this cake brings enjoyment to my house. So if you want to bring happiness to your house, use this... - 47.2047
Saint Lucia Saffron Buns
1. In a small saucepan, scald milk with saffron, sugar and salt. Allow to cool till lukewarm.
2. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast into very warm water. Stir till all yeast is dissolved and then add the milk mixture.
3. In a small bowl, beat... - 47.1159
1. In a large frying pan heat oil over a medium heat and cook chicken and pork stirring, for 3 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove from pan and set aside.
3. To the pan add onions, red or green pepper and salami and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes... - 47.1119
1) Skin, deseed and finely chop tomatoes.
2) Remove crust from bread and crumble finely.
3) Skin and crush garlic.
4) Chop pimientos finely
5) Peel and grate onion.
6) Scrape cucumber and grate.
7) In a large bowl take bread crumbs and... - 47.0625
1. In a blender jar with chopping blades, put together garlic, onion, green pepper and 1/2 cup tomato juice; process for 30 seconds until ingredients are very finely chopped.
2. Add cucumber, tomatoes, salt and pepper; process for another 20 seconds... - 46.9478
1) Remove pips of 19 oz. tomatoes by rubbing them through a nylon strainer.
2) Make a paste with a mixture of bread, garlic, salt, lemon juice, water and oil after pounding them in a pestle and mortar.
3) In a large basin, place the... - 46.6664
Spanish Eggplant Bake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use 2 teaspoons of salt to sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices.
3) Between several thicknesses of paper towels, place the eggplant slices and weight down with a plate. Allow to stand for 1... - 46.5169
Heat oil on medium heat in skillet.
Add rice, onion, and bell pepper and brown.
Do not let rice burn! Blend tomatoes and spices in blender.
It should measure 1 cup liquid.
Add hot water and blend again.
Add liquid mixture to rice and stir.
Return to boil for... - 46.3352
Crockery Barbecued Beef
1) Cut of the excess fat from meat.
2) Slice the meat to fit into a 4-quart crockery cooker.
3) In a bowl stir together cola, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, bouillon granules, mustard, chilli powder and red pepper.
4) Put the... - 46.2704
Spanish Seafood Cocktail Gazpacho Style
1) Peel grapefruit and separate the sections.
2) Cut each section into bite-sized pieces.
3) Take a large pot and fill with water.
4) In a steamer basket add the shrimp and steam till pink.
5) Strain the shrimp in a colander. Immediately... - 46.2148
Spanish Peanut Cookies
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a large bowl add brown sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well.
3) Beat for 1 to 2 minutes at medium speed till creamy. Scrape the bowl regularly.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating and... - 46.1111
Chicken Pecan Roll Ups
1) In a non-stick pan, melt margarine and saute pecans, onion and cumin until onion is tender and pecans are lightly toasted.
2) Take the pan away from heat.
3) Stir in chicken, cream cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pecan mixture.
4) Return... - 45.9854
Tex Mex Oieese Ball
1) In a blender, mix together cheddar and cream cheese, margarine, onion powder, garlic powder.
2) Process the cheese mixture until creamy.
3) Remove the cheese mixture in a bowl by scrapping the sides of the blender with spatula.
4) Fold the chillies... - 45.3524
Limas With Chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. From the peppers, scrape seeds and hot membranes.
3. Cut cheese into 4 strips.
4. Place a strip inside each pepper.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine next 7 ingredients.
6. Slowly stir in bean liquid until... - 45.234
Softly Scrambled Eggs With Asparagus And Cured Ham
1) Remove the woody ends of asparagus and slice the spears into 1-inch lengths.
2) Mince the sliced ham into 2 x 1/4-inch pieces.
3) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté asparagus for about 2 minutes in it... - 45.1177
Puchero - Spanish Meat And Bean Stew
1. In a dish, combine beans and water to cover and soak overnight or quick-soak.
2. Do not drain.
3. In a large pan, melt butter.
4. Brown ham and pork in butter for 10 minutes.
5. Add hot water, lemon juice, and pepper.
6. Simmer 1... - 44.789
Chorizo Red Pepper And Manchego Tarts
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C
3. In a small skillet, heat olive oil on a medium flame.
4. Sauté the red pepper onion, garlic and rosemary for 20 to 25 minutes until the... - 44.599
Coffee Cream Flan
1) In a bowl combine the crushed biscuits and butter together.
2) Then press into the bottom and sides of a 8 inch fluted flan ring placed on a baking sheet; refrigerate until the crust is firm.
3) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and... - 43.9627
Treat your friends to this delicious Spanish stew, the Fabada Asturiana. You would have no trouble at all in cooking it. Friends would be impressed at your culinary skill. So do not procrastinate, try this Fabada Asturiana recipe. - 43.0175
Vegetarian spanish Rice
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 2-quart casserole dish, heat onion, green pepper and butter 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, stirring once.
Add enough water to reserved liquid to equal 2 cups.
Add to dish with tomatoes, rice, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, 4 to 5... - 42.9583
Sherried Chicken Bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Marinate chicken in sherry for 3 minutes.
3. In a small zip lock poly bag, blend dry chicken coating mix with thyme and paprika.
4. Coat the chicken in the mixture.
1. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish,... - 42.801
Colorful Fiesta Chicken
1. In small bowl, mix together flour, salt, paprika, turmeric and pepper and dredge the chicken one piece at a time, dredging to coat.
2. In 12-inch frypan, heat oil to medium temperature and cook chicken fuming for about 15 minutes or until brown on... - 42.7916
Quick And Easy Quesadillas
1) Arrange 4 tortillas on a baking pan.
2) In a bowl mix together 1/4 of Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, peppers and onion.
3) Top each tortilla with the cheese mixture leaving ½ inch of edges.
4) Place the remaining tortillas over the... - 42.7381
1) In a large non-pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion and peppers for 7 minutes.
2) Stir the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring constantly.
3) In a bowl, place the eggs, water and season to... - 42.7086
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
1) Take a casserole and heat oil in it.
2) Add onions, rice and green pepper. Cook until brown, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in water, tomatoes, pepper, salt and bay leaf.
4) Cover and bake for about 1 hour.... - 42.5827
Rum Glazed Boniatos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease shallow baking dish.
Bring boniatos to a boil in water to cover in large saucepan.
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender; drain and cover with cold water.
Let stand until cool enough to handle.
Peel boniatos and... - 42.2947
In a serving bowl or pitcher, combine cucumber, onion, avocado, oregano, oil, and vinegar.
Pour in tomato juice.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add ice cubes to individual servings, if you wish.
Pass lime wedges to squeeze over. - 42.2662
New Beet Salad
1. Wash the beets, drain them and slice them.
2. Take a bowl and add beet slices along with crushed garlic, vinegar, 4 tbsp of salad oil, salt and pepper blend it by stirring.
3. Marinate the beets in refrigerator until the time of... - 42.0509
Spanish French Toast
1) Take a large bowl (large enough to hold the bread) and beat together milk, eggs, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in it.
2) In this batter, dip the bread so that it is coated well.
3) In a small bowl, mix together remaining teaspoon of... - 41.8867
Gazpacho Pasta Salad
Tangy lime brightens the flavor of this colorful medley of fresh veggies. - 41.7856
Gazpacho With Condensed Tomato Soup
1. Take a small saucepan, add olive oil into it and sautÃ© garlic.
2. Take a large bowl add water, soup, vinegar into it and stir in sautÃ©ed garlic.
3. Freeze the mixture for 4 hours and transfer to chilled bowls before serving.
4.... - 41.0156
Spanish Quince Paste
1. Wash and cut the quinces.
2. Line 3-4 shallow tins with butter or grease proof paper.
3. In a large heavy bottom saucepan, combine the quince quarters and water.
4. Place the pan on a low flame and simmer the fruit until it is soft... - 40.9114
Fry chopped ingredients in butter for just 2 to 3 minutes, and remove from fire.
Grease individual bowls.
Place a tablespoon of onion mixture.
Sprinkle some cheese and salt.
Gently break one egg into each bowl.
Bake in a moderate oven of 350° till egg... - 40.8992
Are you a beginner? Do try this shellfish paella recipe and you will win the heart of everyone. When I was a novice in cooking technique I tried this recipe and impressed my friend. No one believes that I was a novice. You too can try and impress your friend. - 40.6885
Spanish Chick Pea Soup
Soak peas overnight in water; do not drain.
Cook garlic, onions, and green pepper in oil in heavy kettle for about 5 minutes; do not brown.
Add soaked undrained chick-peas and ham broth; simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, until chickpeas are just tender.
Add... - 40.2556
1. In a large frying pan place the fish with wine and stock.
2. Poach the fish for 5 minutes to let the flesh get opaque.
3. Take the fish away from the pan and keep it aside. Let it be warm.
3. In another pan, boil the cooking liquid uncovered to... - 40.1881
1) In a large bowl add lots of ice cubes.
2) Mix sliced or chopped lemons and oranges.
3) Add cored and sliced apples.
4) Pour brandy over it and add the red wine, lemonade or soda water.
5) Mix together and pour with the fruit into jugs.
6)... - 40.1785
Coat chicken with mixture of flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and a dash pepper.
In heavy skillet, brown chicken in hot oil about 20 minutes.
Place in large kettle.
Add next 11 ingredients; cover; simmer 30 minutes.
Add artichoke hearts, shrimp, and clams;... - 39.9346
This shrimp gazpacho recipe is my favorite. My friends really enjoy this soup whenever I cook it. Whenever there is a gathering of my friends at my home, most of the time they ask me to cook this delicious soup. You should try this shrimp gazpacho recipe. - 39.2166
Paella - With Seafood And Rice
This is a great dish and takes very little preparation time.
Take garlic and mince it. Take shrimp and devein it leaving the shells on. Take 15 ounces of tomatoes and peel them. Chop up the tomatoes.
Take a pan and put water in it. Let the water boil on high... - 38.9576
Iced Tomato Starter
1) Mix well milk, tomato soup, tomato juice, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings and allow chilling.
2) Garnish with parsley or chives and serve. - 38.576
An easy Spanish stew, the Cocido is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing stew. It is all about the genuine Spanish flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Cocido recipe. - 38.1852
Baked Spanish Onions
1. Peel and cook onions in boiling salted water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain well. Cut into two crosswise.
3. Arrange on buttered baking dish, cut sides up.
4. Chop garlic fine. Blend garlic with butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Gradually beat in lime juice.
5.... - 37.9187
Spanish Peanut Brittle
Using a large kettle, boil first 4 ingredients together until mixture reaches thread stage (238Â° on a candy thermometer).
Then add butter and peanuts.
Stir, cook until golden brown (300Â° on candy thermometer).
Remove from heat and add baking soda.
This... - 37.709
Ham And Mushroom Flan
1. Prepare the flan case by arranging the sliced egg over the bottom of the pastry case, keeping a few slices for garnish.
2. Then arrange diced ham on top of egg.
3. Prepare the mushroom sauce in a saucepan as per packet directions with1/2 pint milk... - 37.2603
1. Melt the fat. Add finely choped onion, celery and capsicum. Fry till browned.
2. Blanch tomatoes and make a puree.
3. Add tomato puree to the fried vegetables. Add seasoning and simmer slowly until vegetables are tender.
4. Add a small amount of water to... - 36.7888
1. In a pitcher, mix together light corn syrup, lemon juice, and yellow food coloring.
2. Add sparkling water and stir to mix.
3. Into 4 tall glasses, pour equal quantity of corn syrup mixture.
4. Add crushed ice or ice cubes.
5. Gradually... - 36.5536
In large bowl, combine tomato juice, beef broth, soup, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, celery, green onions, parsley, garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
Chill at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
Top with desired amount of sour cream and cilantro. - 36.4218
Fresh Fruit Gazpacho
1. In a medium serving bowl, put together all ingredients and mix well.
2. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
3. Stir and serve. - 36.3978
This Tortilla Espanola recipe is my favorite. My friends really enjoy this Spanish dish whenever I cook it. Whenever there is a gathering of my friends at my home, most of the time they ask me to cook this delicious Spanish dish. You should try this tortilla... - 36.0484
Holiday Candied Fruit Bread
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together into mixing bowl.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
Stir in fruit.
Add eggs and rum; mix well.
Spread batter into greased loaf pan.
Bake in 325 F oven 60 minutes or until done.
Cool... - 34.6533
1) Stone the plums and cut into quarters.
2) In a preserving pan, combine the plums with 500ml cold water and bring to a boil.
3) Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes until the plums are soft, pulpy and dark red.
4) Sieve the pulpy... - 33.4228
Spanish Ground Beef
An easy dish, the Spanish Ground Beef is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing dish. It is all about the genuine Spanish flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Spanish Ground Beef recipe. - 33.3367
Spanish Anise Biscuits
1. Reserve 2 tablespoons of sugar. In a medium bowl, stir together remaining sugar, flour, aniseed, and salt; make a well in center. In a cup, combine egg, oil, and ice water; pour into well in flour mixture. With a fork, stir until a smooth dough forms.... - 30.5917
Combine all ingredients in blender container; process about 30 seconds.
Serve over ice cubes. - 30.2707
Deviled Ham Dip
My friend’s daughter Maria likes this Deviled Ham Dip recipe. Though she is 16 years old, but she has mastered the cooking technique of this dip. Whenever there is a gathering of my family and my friends, she definitely cooks this dip. Our children also... - 28.3813
Holiday Fruit Bread
Combine sugar and rum; stir to form smooth icing.
Drizzle over warm cake.
Cool before cutting. - 17.6483
Spanish Holiday Recipes By Category
Spanish Holiday Occasion: