- » Southern Lunch
Southern Lunch Recipes
Enjoy our collection of southern lunch recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for southern lunch recipes.
Elegant Crab Lunch
Place 1 slice of tomato and one-fourth of crabmeat on each half of English muffin.
Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over crabmeat; top with bacon and egg - 24.8252
Southern Cornmeal Muffins
Southern cornmeal muffins are great to serve at the snack time and kids love them. They are not too sweet or savoury. Southern cornmeal muffins are a nice variation to the regular sweet muffins. - 39.7417
Bacon N Egg Lunch In A Skillet
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings.
Add potatoes and onion.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
Beat eggs with... - 31.5011
Authentic Southern Style Chess Pie
Chess pie can be described as anything but mouth-wateringly marvelous. In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make this Southern style pie. This sugary dessert is a doddle to make if you master a few techniques. Stream the video recipe to get learning more... - 108.418
Lemon Rice By Tarla Dalal
A hassle-free lunch-box option, lemon rice is a favorite with young and old alike in southern India! Lemon adds the tanginess, while the tempering imparts the aroma to this simple rice delicacy. - 0
Use the leftover wings, legs, any of the white meat available, gizzard, liver, gravy, and some of the stuffing.
Do not mince or chop meat.
Cover meat in a large pan with the gravy and dressing.
Add 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 1/2 cup chowchow pickle with a... - 25.3083
Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana
I can eat this dish any day of the week. It's quicker and easier than you can imagine. It's a good idea to make enough for more than one meal. Eat the cutlets with lemon one night. Follow the chicken parmagiana recipe (see video) the next night and cube... - 112.921
Thuvaram Paruppu Saadham
This is a traditional recipe made in Tirunelveli/Tuticorin region of Southern Tamil Nadu. It is high in protein and makes for a good filling lunch. - 0
Irish Cream Of Potato Soup
Chop celery, onions and carrot; add water and simmer 30 minutes.
Strain through sieve (large tea strainer will work).
Stir bouillon cubes into strained vegetable-water.
While hot, pour over potatoes, stirring until dissolved.
Rub through strainer to make sure... - 42.4452
This is one of the classic dishes made in Southern part of Tamil Nadu, especially Tirunelveli & Tuticorin. It is like a kuzhambu, which is served over rice for lunch. The dish is very rich with lots of coconut milk and is high in cholesterol, so a word of... - 0
Orange Walnut Salad
Orange walnut salad is a fruity and nutty salad. Prepared with a bit of a crunch to it, the orange walnut salad is tossed with veggies like spinach and lettuce. Crispy fresh and served with a sweet and sour dressing, the orange walnut salad is great for... - 29.1639
Simple Chicken And Almonds
1. Season the chicken well.
2. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium high flame
3. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and sauté until it is evenly browned on all sides.
4. Add the onion, chili peppers and almonds. Stir fry... - 38.0368
Turkey Tomato Cups
1) Sprinkle lemon juice on avocado and toss it.
2) Mix the next 6 ingredients well.
3) Cut each tomato into 4 wedges with the stem side up. Do not cut through base.
4) Spread the wedges and fill turkey stuffing into it.
5) Serve the turkey... - 40.5539
Chicken With Tomatoes And Peanut Sauce
1. Season the chicken well.
2. Toss the chicken in the sesame seeds
5. In a skillet, heat oil over medium high flame
3. When the oil is hot, add the sesame dredged chicken and sauté until it is evenly browned on all sides.
4. Add the... - 41.6501
1)In a large skillet, fry bacons until crisp.
2)Into the same skillet, add chopped green peppers and chopped onion and cook in bacon drippings ove medium heat.
3)Now add, tomatoes and sliced okra and cook until dry.
4)Take the skillet off... - 38.265
Cheesy Squash Bake
1)Wash and clean the squash. Trim off the ends.
2)Cook in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
3)Slice the squash thinly and season with salt.
4)In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until they turn yellow and thick.
5) Stir in... - 47.6697
Swiss Oven Omelette
1)In a large skillet, cook bacon until they turn transparent.
2)Drain on paper towels.
3)In the same skillet, saute onion in bacon drippings.
4)In a bowl, mix onion, eggs, salt, pepper and milk. Blend well.
5)Take a 1 ½ quart casserole... - 41.1257
In skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned, drain off all fat.
Stir cornstarch and salt into beef mixture.
Stir in ketchup, cook until mixture is slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and cool well.
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly grease... - 42.3525
1) Trim off the leaves and stalks of cauliflower and separate into small branches.
2) Rinse in cold water.
3) Take a casserole and cook this for 8 minutes with 3 tablespoons of water.
4) Into another casserole, mix olive oil and onion.
5) Uncover and... - 44.2018
Savory French Onion Soup
1)In a large saucepan, take some oil and butter. To this add onions and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occassionally.
2)Add brown sugar, salt, pepper and molasses.
3)Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
4)Now slowly add in the flour and cook... - 47.1826
1) In a saucepan or chafing diah, add in the condensed cream of mushroom soup along with the soup can milk.
2) Heat the soup till it thaws down.
3) Next, stir in the shredded cheese, chopped lobster, paprika and cayenne.
4) Heat the mixture until all... - 40.59
Sun World Pecan Chicken Salad
1. In a mixing bowl put all the ingredients together and mix it well.
2. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves as a wholesome lunch with all you need to eat on one plate and also great for serving as a dinner. - 37.3769
Pickled Refrigerator Onion Rings
1) Take a small saucepan and combine water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and cloves in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and strain mixture. Discard the spices.
4) Pour... - 39.8925
1) Wash the cucumber and squash. Cut them into half lengthwise. Slice them thinly.
2) Mix the cucumber with squash and other seven ingredients.
3) Toss them well.
4) Keep the lettuce leaf in each bread half and put the sandwich... - 52.1426
Old Time Fried Okra
1)Wash and cut okra into ½ inch slices after removeing the tips and stem ends.
2)In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper and cornmeal.
3)Crack an egg and mix it with cut okra slices.
4)Dust and dip okra in the flour to completely... - 41.6592
A simple dish that is ideal for travel. It does not spoil easily and tastes great after a few hours of making. And to speak of tamarind nutrition, it has iron, magnesium, and potassium in reasonable amounts. - 0
A very classic southern Tamil Nadu (Tirunelveli/Tuticorin) vegetarian dish. It is a specialty which is made at homes during occasions. So, you won't find this in any restaurant. - 0