- » Southern Green Bean Casserole
Southern Green Bean Casserole Recipes
Enjoy our collection of southern green bean casserole recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for southern green bean casserole recipes.
Green Bean Casserole With Fried Leeks
Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms and thyme; saute 5 minutes.
Add shallots; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
Add Madeira, and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Add whipping cream, and cook 2... - 44.3695
Favorite Green Bean Casserole
Pierce the packages of beans and place side-by-side on paper plates in microwave oven.
Microwave at MEDIUM 6 to 8 minutes to thaw.
Turn each package over and rotate once.
Drain, if necessary.
Combine beans, cheese spread, soup, and water chestnuts in a 1 1/2... - 33.1381
Green Bean Casserole
Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well.
Add next 4 ingredients.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole; top with breadcrumbs.
Bake casserole at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. - 32.3635
Green Bean Casserole
Combine soup and cream cheese in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts.
Remove from heat; stir in green beans, water chestnuts, garlic, onion, pepper, and cheese.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased l 3/4... - 35.789
Ultimate Green Bean Casserole
In large bowl, combine soup, green beans, water chestnuts and pepper; mix well.
Place mixture in 2-quart baking dish sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
Cover and bake at 350°F 25 minutes.
Sprinkle casserole with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until... - 34.7008
Easy Green Bean Casserole
1) In a 1-quart casserole follow package microwave directions to cook green beans.
2) Drain the beans and keep aside.
3) In the 1-quart casserole add mushroom soup, sour cream, and pimiento. Mix together.
4) Add beans and mix.
5) Cook on 100% power... - 34.5903
Green Bean Casserole
Place beans in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Cook bacon and onion in medium skillet until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in flour and pepper until blended.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; gradually add to skillet mixture.
Cook, stirring constantly,... - 37.4873
Creamy Green Bean Almond And Water Chestnut Casserole
1) Take the first six ingredients and mix well.
2) Put the next four ingredients and mix all the ingredients well.
3) Pour the mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole.
4) Top the mixture with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
5)... - 41.4333
Quick Green Bean Casserole
Combine soup, sour cream, and garlic; add green beans and stir well.
Put in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Combine cracker crumbs, cheese, and butter; sprinkle on casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
Top with French-fried onion rings or... - 33.9278
Southern Sausage Casserole
Brown sausage in heavy skillet; add all vegetables except beans.
Brown vegetables lightly; drain off excess fat.
Season wii:h 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Combine tomato paste and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture.
Add beans; mix well.
Cover; simmer for 10... - 43.8982
Green Beans And Sour Cream
Saute onion and parsley in butter until tender.
Add flour, salt, pepper, lemon rind, and sour cream; mix well.
Stir in beans.
Spoon into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Top with cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. - 36.4187
Double Bean Casserole
Combine soups; pour half of soup into a greased 2-quart casserole.
Layer bean sprouts, water chestnuts, and green beans over soup.
Add remaining soup.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Top with onion rings; return to oven for 5 minutes. - 31.2936
Green Beans With Sour Cream And Swiss Cheese
Cook beans according to package directions; drain.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet; add breadcrumbs, stirring until toasted.
Remove from skillet and set aside.
Melt 2 remaining tablespoons butter in skillet; stir in flour, salt, pepper, and... - 43.4815
Spicy Mexican Bean Casserole
Combine first 6 ingredients, mixing well; set aside.
Saute 1/4 cup chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large saucepan until tender.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes;... - 39.2572
Hot Green Bean Salad
Place beans in a shallow dish.
Combine sugar, vinegar, and oil in a small mixing bowl, and pour over green beans.
Cover and chill 1 hour.
Add onion, water chestnuts, and sliced pimiento, toss gently.
Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart... - 36.9452
Lima Bean Casserole
Cook beans in boiling water 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well.
Saute onion and green pepper in butter in a small skillet until tender.
Add soup and onion mixture to beans.
Pour into a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350Â°... - 31.3598
Savory Bean Casserole
Cover beans with water.
Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes.
Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
Add bay leaf, garlic cloves, and salt; simmer until tender; drain.
Combine pimientos, green pepper; onions, oil, mashed garlic, and vinegar and mix with drained... - 41.7765
Pinto Bean Casserole
Brown beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic.
Blend in tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt.
In greased 2-quart casserole, layer part of meat sauce, beans, half of cheese, and remainder of meat sauce.
Top with other half cheese.
Bake 350 degrees for 15-20... - 39.1932
Confetti Bean Casserole
1.Preheat theoven at 350 degrees.
2.In a medium sized bowl, put sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt and mix them all well.
3.In a separate bowl, mix milk and butter and put the mixture on the dry mixture of flour.
4.Mix the ingredients... - 48.5988
Quick Dill Green Beans
Mix all ingredients in 12-oz casserole [24-oz casserole].
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high (550 watts) 2 min; stir.
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 min [3 to 5 min]. - 31.2562
Green Bean Surprise
Cook green beans according to package directions, omitting salt, drain.
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings.
Saute onion in drippings until tender, remove onion, and set aside.
Add flour and sugar... - 39.9756
Green Beans In Sour Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Discard the strings from green beans and chop the beans in pieces of 11/2 inch.
3. Rinse the beans to remove the impurities.
4. In a pan, put beans with salted water and cook for 20-25 minutes.
5.... - 46.3885
Green Beans Au Gratin
1. Chop off the strings from beans and cut it into pieces of ½ inch.
2. Rinse the beans so that the all impurities are removed.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a saucepan, heat butter on low flame and add flour, salt and... - 45.6106
French Quarter Green Beans
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 375°.
2) Take a pan and cook the green beans according to the instructions given in the package. Drain it properly.
3) Take a Dutch oven and melt the margarine in it before adding the cream cheese... - 49.2497
Spicy Mexican Bean Casserole
1) In a mixing bowl, mix first 6 ingredients and keep aside.
2) In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute 1/4 cup chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic until tender.
3) Add tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder and bring to a boil.
4) Lower... - 44.0198
Glorified Lima Beans
Saute onions and peppers in butter and add to cheese sauce.
Pour over limas in casserole; top with buttered bread crumbs (or use plain bread crumbs with strips of bacon on top).
Bake 30 minutes in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 minutes.
Some prefer this... - 26.6371
Molasses Baked Beans
Combine pork and beans, onion, green pepper, catsup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, and garlic powder, stir well.
Spoon into a lightly greased shallow 2-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 350Â° for 55 minutes.
Sprinkle top with bacon, bake... - 34.0953
Cook vegetables according to package directions.
Drain and place in a 1-quart casserole.
Top with Mayonnaise Dressing. - 23.8211
Melt butter in saucepan; stir in flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and onion.
Add sour cream gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add green beans.
Pour bean mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Place casserole... - 37.1439
Butter Beans With Pecans
Mix all, using juice from butter beans.
Pour into greased casserole or baking dish.
Cover with bread crumbs and dot generously with butter.
Bake in a moderate (350-degree) oven until thoroughly heated and browned.
About 30 minutes. - 28.0781
Hot Bean Salad
Combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup cracker crumbs.
Toss lightly and spoon into a greased 1-quart casserole.
Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. - 31.1638
Snap Beans With Bacon
Arrange bacon in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
Cover with paper towel.
Microwave at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove bacon and set aside.
Add onion, beans, and water to drippings.
Stir to combine.
Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes.
Microwave at MEDIUM 10 to... - 32.9981
Hawaiian-style Baked Beans
Combine all ingredients, stir well.
Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole, bake at 375Â° for 45 minutes. - 27.6175
Sort and wash lima beans, place in a large saucepan with 3 cups water.
Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes.
Remove beans from heat, cover and let beans soak 1 hour.
Place beans over medium heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender, adding more water... - 39.2582
Cook green beans according to package directions, omitting seasonings.
Add turkey, cheese, soup, and nutmeg, stir well.
Spoon mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Place biscuit mix in a medium bowl.
Combine egg, butter, and milk, add to... - 38.9722
Preheat oven to 350°.
Drain cooked vegetables.
Combine vegetables, water chestnuts, soup, soup mix, and sour cream.
Pour into casserole dish.
Saute Rice Krispies in butter.
Top vegetables with Rice Krispies and bake, uncovered, 25 minutes. - 38.1396
Microwave Black Bean Soup
1) In a 2-quart ovenproof casserole, mix thoroughly the onion, bell pepper, tomato, oil, and garlic.
2) Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
3) To a plate, transfer the soft vegetables and keep aside.
4) In 1-cup... - 46.9127
Prepare the rice mix according to package directions.
Combine prepared rice, chicken, beans, soup, mayonnaise, minced onion, sliced pimiento, and pepper; spoon into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
Cover and bake at 350Â° for 25 to 30 minutes or... - 35.8008
Green Vegetable Medley
1) Preheat the oven to 325°.
2) Take a colander and place frozen peas in it.
3) Remove frost from the peas by pouring hot water over them and keep aside.
4) Take a saucepan and combine lima beans, green beans, and 1 cup salted water in... - 46.6498
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Minestrone Casserole
1 In a 3 to 4-quart slow cooker mix all the ingredients except green beans,macaroni and cheese.
2 Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
3 About 20 minutes before serving, stir in the green beans and macaroni. Increase heat setting to High. Cover... - 36.9834
Preheat oven to 325°.
Lightly grease casserole dish.
Saute onion and meat until meat is browned.
Add undrained beans, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Cut 6 tortillas in strips; line bottom of dish.
Cover with meat mixture,... - 45.2097
Mexican Beef Casserole
1) Trim the beef if any visible fat is there.
2) Cut the chilli in half lengthwise and discard the seeds and stalk.
3) Chop the chili finely.
4) In a pan add the chopped chili with the tomatoes, tomato puree, beef and stock.
5) Let the... - 43.7696
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside 1/2 cup of crisp chow mein noodles.
Mix all other ingredients (except rice) in a large buttered 2-quart casserole or long baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining chow mein noodles on top... - 38.5706
Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease casserole dish.
Melt butter and stir in flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and onion; gradually add sour cream.
Cook, stirring until thickened.
Mix in beans, put in casserole, and sprinkle with cheese.
Heat until cheese melts and browns... - 39.9095
Texas Style Beans
1) In a 2-quart casserole or bean pot, add the beans and cover with water. Soak overnight.
2) Do not drain the beans the next day.
3) To the beans, add the onion, salt pork, garlic, salt and pepper.
4) Mix well, cover and gently simmer for about 2... - 40.5754
Polynesian Beans And Franks
1. In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine first 4 ingredients
2. Cover the mixture with a heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave at high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stir in the remaining ingredients
3, In a microwave, heat all the mixture at HIGH for 8 to 10... - 37.0667
Favorite Baked Beans
Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble, reserving drippings.
Set bacon aside.
Saute onion and green pepper in drippings, drain.
Combine onion mixture, crumbled bacon, beans, catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a greased 1-quart... - 30.4281
Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet until onion is tender.
Add zucchini, green pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper, cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add tomatoes and beans, cover and heat thoroughly.
Spoon vegetable mixture over hot... - 31.9201
South Texas Layered Dip
Spread refried beans on bottom of casserole dish.
Mix sour cream and taco seasoning; spread on top of beans.
Spread with picante; mix avocados with lemon or lime juice and spread over picante; layer tomatoes, onions, cheese, and olives.
Cover, chill, and... - 36.4715
Pineapple Chicken Salad Pie
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a large bowl, mix beans, frankfurters, pineapple, chopped onion, sugar, catsup and mustard.
3.Take a 2 quart casserole and with a spatula, put the mixture in it.
4.Put the casserole in the oven and... - 42.4951
Beefy Vegetable Soup
Combine beef, celery, and onion in a 4 1/2-quart casserole.
Cover and micro wave at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes or until beef is browned, Stirring once.
Drain off pan drippings, reserving 3 tablespoons in dish.
Add remaining ingredients.
Cover and microwave at... - 30.5919
Jalapeno Hot Rice
1.Chop off the beans stems and trim the beans in 1-11/2 inch pieces.
2.Take a 2 quart casserole and put bacon it it.
3.Cover the dish with paper towels and put it in microwave for 2 minutes at HIGH.
4.If not done, increase the microwave... - 38.0497
Preheat oven to 350°.
Stew chicken; dice.
Use the broth from stewing to cook rice.
Toast almonds in butter and salt under broiler.
Mix beans, soup, mayonnaise, chestnuts, pi-miento, mushrooms, onion, and almonds with chicken and rice.
Place in casserole and... - 37.6224
Homemade Corn Pudding
1) Take a glass casserole and melt butter in it for 30 seconds.
2) Add flour to this and form a smooth paste.
3) Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4) Cover and cook for 9 minutes, stirring once.
5) Cover and set aside for 2 minutes.
6) Add dash... - 40.7402
Ground Pork Chow Mein
Mix pork, water, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, browning sauce and garlic powder in 15-oz casserole [1-qt casserole].
Cover tightly and microwave on high (550 watts), stirring every 2 min, until mixture thickens and boils and pork is no longer pink, 3 to 5 min... - 35.193
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole or baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the corn, beans, cheese, celery, and onion.
4. In another small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce with a... - 43.8323
Fiesta Beef Medley
1. Heat a large skillet and sautÃ© the beef to render fat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the beef and sautÃ© together until the beef it browned and the onions and garlic are soft.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and stir in the soy sauce, pepper, beans... - 40.7399
Beefy Vegetable Soup
1. In a 4 1/2-quart casserole add beef, celery, and onion.
2. Cover and microwave at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes stirring once until beef is brown.
3. Drain the pan drippings reserving only 3 tablespoons.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and... - 45.9495
1 2 3 Chicken Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, arrange layers of chicken and vegetables.
3) In a bowl, blend the soup, milk, onion, and poultry seasoning together.
4) Mix thoroughly and pour over the chicken and... - 43.8944
Vermont Turkey Pie
1. Thaw the biscuits or prepare the dough using your favorite recipe.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
4. Combine the turkey and vegetables in the casserole and keep aside.
5. Make the... - 45.4759