- » Southern Cucumber Onion Salad
Southern Cucumber Onion Salad Recipes
Enjoy our collection of southern cucumber onion salad recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for southern cucumber onion salad recipes.
Peel and slice the cucumbers.
Dice the onions and peppers or slice thin.
Mix the vegetables together.
Combine salt, sugar and vinegar and pour over the vegetables.
Let stand for 1 hour.
Pour in freezer containers and seal, then freeze. - 37.4051
Cucumber Salad Mousse
Cucumber salad mousse is a creamy vegetable mousse. Made with gelatin and sour cream dilled and flavored with mayo, the cucumber salad mousse is chilled to set. Served on lettuce leaves with garnishing slices of cucumber, its is refreshing and delicious. - 44.2703
Cucumber Pineapple Salad
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool slightly.
Beat cream cheese until smooth.
Gradually add gelatin mixture; beat well.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
Stir in next 6... - 36.2055
Break cauliflower into flowerets.
Slice onion, radishes, and cucumber.
Combine sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper; pour over vegetables.
Allow salad to marinate about 1 hour, if possible, before serving. - 33.2063
Tomato And Cucumber Salad
1. Chop onion finely.
2.Into a pan add onions and cover with cold water.
3. Bring to the boil, then drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Peel tomatoes and cut each into 4 slices.
5. Combine parsley and onion and sprinkle over tomatoes.
6. Cover and... - 46.116
Cucumbers In Sour Cream Dressing
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine sour cream, soup, onion, pickle, pepper, cucumbers and radishes.
2) Blend all the ingredients nicely and refrigerate.
3) Line a salad bowl with lettuce and spoon out the chilled salad on it. Garnish with... - 39.7959
Creamy Cucumber Mold
1)In boiling water dissolve gelatin and add salt into it.
2)In the gelatin mixture mix mayonnaise and sour cream.
3)Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white is reached.
4)Mix cucumber, pimiento, and onion into gelatin.
5)Apply oil to... - 46.1177
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Sprinkle gelatin over water in a medium saucepan, let stand 5 minutes.
Heat mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves.
Add dressing, onion, and dillweed to gelatin mixture, stirring well.
Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg... - 36.1984
Peel cucumbers, if desired, and thinly slice.
Sprinkle with salt, and let stand 15 minutes.
Drain cucumbers, if necessary.
Combine remaining ingredients, add to cucumbers, tossing gently.
Chill at least 1 hour. - 27.841
Cucumber Pineapple Salad
1) Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and let it cool a bit.
2) In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
3) Fold in gelatin slowly and beat.
4) Now, add sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Chill the mixture until the... - 47.1254
Combine vegetables in a large bowl, and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan, and heat until sugar dissolves.
Pour mixture over vegetables.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Use a slotted spoon to serve. - 35.7019
Thai Cucumber Salad
1) Cut cucumber in thin slices and sprinkle half part of sugar on them. Set it aside for 3-4 minutes.
2) In a plate, arrange cucumber slices by wringing with hands.
3) Add hot, red pepper, vinegar and remaining sugar and combine all... - 41.4851
Refreshing Macaroni Salad
1) As per the direction on the package, cook the macaroni. Drain it and allow to cool.
2) Except parsley, add all the remaining ingredients and stir mixture gently.Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
Serve chilled. If prefered, garnish... - 39.7745
Oriental Shrimp And Cucumber Salad
1) In a large non-aluminium mixing bowl, combine together the oil, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, dill and gingerroot. Mix well.
2) Add the cucumber, shrimp and onion. Toss to coat.
3) With plastic wrap, cover the bowl and refrigerate... - 41.0171
Molded Gazpacho Rice Salad
Combine chilled rice, cucumber, tomato, green onions, green pepper, garlic, olive oil, tarragon vinegar, and white pepper, tossing gently.
Spoon into lightly oiled individual 1/2-cup molds, and chill until ready to serve.
Unmold onto individual lettuce-lined... - 31.3064
Mixed Vegetable Salad
Combine zucchini, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, and green onions, set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients, mix well.
Pour over vegetables, toss gently.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight. - 33.0849
Molded Garden Salad With Vegetables
Prepare gelatin according to package directions, omitting 1 cup cold water.
Add lemon juice, stirring well, chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
Fold in cucumber, radishes, celery, cauliflower, and green onions, spoon into a lightly oiled 5-cup... - 31.2674
Herbed Garden Salad
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, and radishes in a large salad bowl, sprinkle with seasonings.
Combine oil and vinegar in a small jar, cover tightly, and shake vigorously until well blended.
Pour over salad, toss gently.
Sprinkle onion rings... - 33.9848
Sour Cream Potato Salad
Toss potatoes, cucumbers, onion, celery seed, salt, and pepper together.
Add the diced whites of the hard-boiled eggs.
Mash the 3 yolks of the eggs and combine - 26.654
Simple Cucumber Cooler
Chop cucumbers; pat with paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
Combine cucumber, 1/4 cup diced onion, cottage cheese, and mayonnaise, mixing well.
Serve salad on lettuce leaves on individual salad plates.
Garnish salad with chopped green onions, if... - 26.4891
1) Grate the onion and cucumber.
2) Drain the vegetables well.
3) Using paper towels, pat them dry.
4) Mix together the rest of the ingredients.
5) Stir until the ingredients have blended.
6) Add the grated onion and cucumber.
7) Stir the... - 39.3335
Smoked Fish Potato Salad
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seeds, and pepper; add to fish mixture, tossing gently.
Cover salad, and chill.
Serve on lettuce leaves, and garnish with tomato wedges, if... - 29.5135
1) Squeeze moistuire from cucumber and onion with the help of paper towel.
2) Whisk cream cheese and mix vegetables, salad dressing, and salt.
3) Squeeze lemon juice and toss lightly.
4) Serve the spread with fresh salad. - 36.9407
Party Cucumber Spread
Party Cucumber Spread is served with salads. Party Cucumber Spread gets its desired taste from cheese flavored with lemon juice and white pepper. - 28.8763
Aruba Cucumber Lamb
Season meat with salt and pepper.
In a large kettle brown meat cubes well on all sides in salad oil.
Remove meat and set aside.
Discard from kettle any oil in excess of 3 tablespoons.
Add to kettle onions, celery, green pepper, and fresh hot chilies (if you... - 42.3001
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Rinse with cold water, and drain again.
Combine spaghetti and next 4 ingredients; toss gently.
Cover and chill overnight.
Add tomatoes and cucumber, tossing gently before serving. - 25.8537
Chicken Salad With A Twist
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cool.
Combine next 6 ingredients; stir until blended.
Add to macaroni, stirring well.
Stir in chicken, cucumber, celery, olives, and onion.
Chill at least 2 hours.
Serve salad in a lettuce-lined bowl,... - 31.5685
Cook cauliflower, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 10 minutes; drain well.
Add next 11 ingredients; toss gently.
Cover and refrigerate several hours.
Spoon salad into serving container, and sprinkle with bacon. - 29.4371
Garden Macaroni Salad
Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt; drain well.
Combine macaroni and next 6 ingredients, tossing well.
Combine mayonnaise, salt, and basil; toss with macaroni mixture.
Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
Garnish with radishes and... - 29.1573
Select vegetables that are small enough to fit food chute.
Remove stem end of tomatoes.
Position slicing blade in processor bowl.
Halve larger tomatoes before slicing, if necessary.
Place tomato in food chute.
Slice, applying medium pressure with food... - 38.534
Cheesy Luncheon Salad
Combine 1/4 cup dressing and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine rice, remaining 1/4 cup dressing, and next 5 ingredients.
Cover and chill.
Serve salad on lettuce; garnish with... - 30.9586
Four Bean Salad
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
Combine next 8 ingredients in a jar.
Cover tightly, and shake vigorously; pour marinade over vegetables, tossing gently.
Cover vegetables, and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve in a... - 29.7631
Place the first 5 ingredients in small amounts in blender container.
Cover and run at high speed until finely chopped.
Empty into a heavy kettle.
Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a rapid boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25... - 37.8162
Chicken Salad With Grapes
Combine chicken, cucumber, and celery in a bowl.
Combine oil and vinegar, pour over chicken mixture.
Cover and chill 1 hour.
Add grapes, oranges, almonds, green onions, and mayonnaise to chicken mixture, mix well.
Chill at least 2 hours.
Serve in... - 35.7778
Greens And Tuna Salad
Greens and tuna salad is a fish salad prepared with vegetables and eggs. Dressed with lemon juice and olive oil, the greens and tuna salad used hard cooked eggs and is quite tangy and crispy fresh. - 33.3943
Open-face Tofu-veggie Sandwiches
Combine cucumber and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing, set aside.
Combine tofu, eggs, celery, green pepper, green onion, pimiento, yogurt, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing, salt, and pepper, toss well.
Top each muffin half with a lettuce... - 32.958
Paprika-green Bean Salad
Wash beans, trim ends, and remove strings.
Cut into 1-inch pieces.
Cook beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain well.
Cut onion into thin slices, cut slices in half, and separate layers.
Add onion and... - 30.04
Avocado And Shrimp Salad
1) In a bowl, place together shrimps, eggs celery, green onions, parsley,
cucumber, peppers mayonnaise, mustard lemon juice and season to taste.
2) Lightly fold the shrimps mixture to combine properly.
3) Peel the avocados and cut into half... - 45.5748
Cold Potato Salad With Tart Dressing
1. Wash potatoes and scrub them well to remove grit.
2. Place potatoes in a large kettle with boiling water, enough to cover the potatoes.
3. Cover and boil them for 25 to 30 minutes until tender. A fork should go through with ease
4.... - 51.5433
Bring water to a boil, add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain well; rinse with cold water.
Peel and devein shrimp.
Combine shrimp, artichoke hearts, celery, cucumber, green onions, green pepper, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and... - 41.9513
Smoked Fish Potato Salad
1. In a large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients. Keep the bowl aside.
2. Mix vinegar, pepper, celery seeds, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. Add this to the fish mixture.
3. Toss slowly. Cover the salad bowl and chill.
4. Serve... - 42.0667
Toss vermicelli, onion, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, and zucchini.
Sprinkle with bottle of Salad Supreme.
Add Italian dressing.
Seal tightly and marinate overnight. - 34.639
1) Cook the spaghetti as per package directions and drain well.
2) Rinse with cold water. Drain.
3) Combine the spaghetti and next 4 ingredients and gently toss.
4) Place a lid over and refrigerate overnight.
5) Add in the tomatoes and... - 38.503
Classic Chef's Salad
1) Arrange the greens, ham, Swiss cheese, turkey, cucumber, radish, hard-cooked eggs and French dressing in separate serving dishes.
2) You may also serve anchovies, artichoke hearts, small sardines, olives, red onion rings and cauliflower florets in... - 38.4608
Chicken Salad With A Twist
1. In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cool.
2. In a bowl , combine mayonnaise, Italian salad dressing, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper; stir until blended.
3. Add to macaroni, mix well.
4. Mix in chicken,... - 42.6163
Vegetable Avocado Salad With Paprika Dressing
1. In a pan with onions pour over boiling water, let it stand for 5 minutes and drain.
2. Cover with vinegar, season with salt and pepper and chill for3-4 hours.
3. Making the Paprika Mayonnaise Dressing :
4. In a bowl whisk together... - 47.454
Bistro Pasta Spinach Salad
For dressing, in small bowl, cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water; let stand 20 minutes.
In food processor, process tomatoes, water, tomato juice, soup, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
In large bowl, combine pasta, spinach,... - 36.854
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
2.Serve garnished with chopped parsley or mint and crisp lettuce leaves on the side to scoop it up with. - 36.619
Vegetable Corned Beef Salad
1) In boiling water, dissolve the lemon-flavored gelatin and ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir in the vinegar and about ½ cup of cold water.
2) Into the bottom of a slightly oiled 1 ½ quart mold, spoon some 3 tablespoons of gelatin mixture. Chill till the... - 46.8288
Fresh Greens And Tuna Salad
1) In a large bowl mix first 8 ingredients.
2) Take 3 hard-cooked eggs and cut into wedges.
3) Mix the wedges to the salad greens and tuna.
4) Strain remaining egg through sieve.
5) Mix thoroughly with remaining ingredients
6) Gently pour dressing over... - 46.3214
Grapefruit Combo Salad
1) Mix together the first 6 ingredients and keep aside.
2) Make a mixture of sugar, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Use a wire whisk to mix them lightly.
3) Spoon the juice mixture over fruit, tossing gently.
4) Chill covered... - 47.376
Chilled Creamy Cauliflower Salad
1. In a saucepan cook cauliflower in a small amount of boiling water, covered for 10 minutes and drain well.
2. Toss gently adding the next 11 ingredients.
3. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
4. Spoon salad into serving container, sprinkle... - 42.509
Garden Macaroni Salad
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and drain well.
2. In a bowl, toss well combining macaroni and next 6 ingredients.
3. Combine salt and basil with mayonnaise and toss with macaroni mixture.
4. With cover let it chill at... - 41.119
1. Gently cook the fish; do not over-cook.
2. Flake it.
3. In a bowl, take diced cucumber, chopped celery or chicory, chopped onion, chopped eggs and mayonnaise.
4. Add it to the fish.
5. Serve Fish Salad on a bed of lettuce, garnished with... - 39.8006
Heat salad dressing in a small saucepan.
Add carrots, green onions, and green pepper; cook just until tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in cucumber and tomato.
Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix just until... - 37.7397
Spring Time Salad
Wash and dry greens (of your choice) and tear into bite-size pieces.
Add grapefruit sec tions, onions, radishes, and cucumber.
Toss and serve with a Roquefort dressing, before serving. - 31.7413
Garden Greek Salad
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and olives in a large bowl, set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients except cheese in a jar.
Cover tightly, and shake.
Pour over vegetables; toss.
Chill several hours.
To serve, toss and sprinkle with cheese. - 34.7206
1)In a large bowl, mix boullion granules with water and stir to dissolve.
2)Now, add tomato juice, lemon juice, grated onion, cucumber, minced green pepper, chopped celery, minced garlic and chopped parsely.
3)Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 24... - 38.0243
Four Bean Salad
1 In a large bowl, add the first 8 ingredients.
2 Toss gently.
3 In a jar, add the next 8 ingredients.
4 Cover tightly, shaking vigorously.
5 Pour the marinade over vegetables, tossing gently.
6 Cover and place in the refrigerator.
7 ... - 45.2687
Put wheat in pan and cover with cold water; rinse, then drain, and squeeze all excess water out of wheat.
Mix oil, lemon juice, and salt, in bowl.
Add tomatoes cucumbers, onions, pepper, and parsley; mix and refrigerate overnight.
Can add ham, tuna, or boiled... - 35.8638
1) Into a large salad bowl, combine the cheese cucumber, onion and olives
2) Add the salt and pepper to taste
3) Drizzle in the oil just before serving
4) Garnish with lemon quarters and serve - 38.7194
Mediterranean Spring Salad
Mediterranean spring salad is a mixed vegetable salad prepared with added feta cheese. Herbed and dressed with oil and lemon juice, the mediterranean spring salad can be garnished with anchovy fillets. - 42.6251
Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors before serving.
keep 2 or 3 days in refrigerator. - 26.5735
1) Select small vegetables to fit food chute.
2) Remove stem end of tomatoes. Half the tomatoes and put in in food chute.
3) In a food processor, slice all the vegetables on medium pressure. Drain.
4) Slice the cucumber and place it upright in food... - 44.1649
Mediterranean Spring Salad
1.In a pan, boil salted water and put potatoes in it allowing them to cook for 25 minutes.
2.Once the potatoes are soft and cooked, strain and allow the to cool by keeping aside.
3.Remove the potato skin and make thn slices of potatoes.
4.In a shallow... - 48.0598
Gazpacho Salad Mold
Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup tomato juice.
Heat remaining juice in medium saucepan.
Add softened gelatin; stir until dissolved.
Add all other ingredients except greens and sour cream.
Pour into 1 quart mold or individual molds.
Chill overnight, or until... - 44.0975
1. In a medium size saucepan add water and 1/4 cup of the dressing. Boil.
2. Add rice and stir well. Cover the saucepan and remove it from heat.
3. Stand the saucepan for 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining rice, 1/4 cup of the dressing and rest of the 5... - 43.4742
Brown Rice Lentil And Mushroom Salad
1 Cook the lentils in plenty of boiling water for about 30-40 minutes or until they're just soft.
2 In another saucepan, melt the butter.
3 Stir in the rice to coat well.
4 Pour in the boiling water and stir once.
5 Cover and simmer gently... - 47.4762
Doenjang Jjigae (korean Soybean Paste Stew)
Want a very traditional Korean tofu dish then you got to try Maangchi's Tofu stew with mixed greens salad. Tofu cooked in a stew containing anchovies and shrimp is delicious. When served with Korean mixed green salad, it makes a perfect meal. Just follow... - 97.3411
Mint Lamb Kebabs
1) To make the sauce, place the yogurt in a bowl.
2) Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
3) Cut the cucumber flesh into dices.
4) Chop the mint.
5) Trim the excess fat from lamb.
6) Preheat the... - 46.4664
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F, Gas Mark 2.
2) Place the herrings with their skin sides on a working surface.
3) Put sliced onion on the middle of each fish.
4) Make rolls out of the fish and support with wooden toothpicks.
5) Take an... - 43.6757
1) In a small saucepan, heat salad dressing.
2) Mix carrots, green onions, and green pepper and cook just until tender.
3) Turn off the heat and add cucumber and tomato.
4) In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
5) Take an 8-inch... - 46.7974
Chicken Buffet Molds
1) Take ½ a cup of cold water and soften the gelatin.
2) Dissolve it over the hot water.
3) Take a bowl and add all the ingredients except the whipped cream. Mix well.
4) Fold the whipped cream into the mixture.
5) Pour it into the molds.
6)... - 44.0822
Shrimps In Marinade
1 In simmering salted water, cook the shrimps for 3 or 4 minutes.
2 Drain throughly and cool.
3 Peel the shrimps and clean.
4 In a crockpot or a dish, arrange in alternte layers with sliced onions, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and hot pepper... - 43.5735