- » Southern Cream Biscuits
Southern Cream Biscuits Recipes
Enjoy our collection of southern cream biscuits recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for southern cream biscuits recipes.
Southern Gal Biscuits
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
In a small bowl, beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll to... - 33.2138
Southern Drop Biscuits
Sift dry ingredients together twice and place in a bowl.
Cut in the shortening until well mixed.
Add the buttermilk and stir well.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
Place a pat of butter on each biscuit.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. - 35.7539
Old Southern Beaten Biscuits
In a small mixing bowl thoroughly stir together the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar.
Cut in the lard till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in center of dry mixture.
Add 3/4 cup of the ice water all at once; stir... - 37.4542
Southern Style Cheesy Buttermilk Biscuits
Light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth. This video prepares a great batch of buttermilk biscuits with cheddar cheese. Rich buttermilk biscuits baking in the oven will bring back warm memories of Southern style living. Serve them fresh from the oven and your... - 121.168
Southern Butter Biscuits
Southern Butter Biscuits is a delicious treat you'll love to gorge on. Prepare the recipe effortlessly in minutes, and let us know your remarks after thorougly enjoying the recipe. - 37.5618
Soft-as-a-cloud Sour Cream Biscuits
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, soda, and salt, stir well.
Combine sour cream and half-and-half, add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 4 or 5... - 31.1558
Southern Shortcake is a delicious biscuit topped with cream and strawberries. Try this Mexican dessert and your joy will know no bounds once you bite into it. So what do you think about this Southern Shortcake ? - 44.8131
Whipping Cream Biscuits
Whipping Cream Biscuits has a great taste. Whipping Cream Biscuits gets its taste from cream mixed with flour. Whipping Cream Biscuits is liked by many people around the world. - 25.6215
Whipping Cream Biscuits
1) Make the oven ready at 450 degrees.
2) Mix together all the ingredients and form a stiff dough.
3) On a lightly floured surface, place the dough.
4) Knead the dough for some 10 to 12 times.
5) Roll out the dough keeping a 3/8-inch... - 33.1936
Cranberry Tea Biscuits
Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl and cut in shortening.
Mash the cranberry sauce in a bowl.
Add the egg and sour cream and mix well.
Add to flour mixture and mix well.
Roll out on floured board to a rectangle and cut in small squares.
Sprinkle... - 41.4936
Beat egg, add cream and yeast, and stir in enough flour to make stiff dough.
Make into biscuits and let rise for 5 hours.
You'll feel like ascending yourself when you have sampled one of these delicacies. - 16.6545
Velvet Cream Biscuits
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add whipping cream, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead lightly 10 to 12 times.
Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch... - 32.098
Caramel Biscuit Ring
Pour caramel topping in bottom of a 9-inch round glass or microwave plastic cake pan.
Sprinkle nuts over topping.
Place butter in a custard cup.
Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to melt.
Dip biscuits in melted butter to coat all sides.
Arrange biscuits in a ring... - 36.863
Biscuits A La Onion
Brown the onions in the margarine in a saucepan and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Prepare the biscuit mix according to package directions and press into a greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
Top with onions.
Mix the egg, sour cream and remaining salt and pour... - 33.3325
Quail Southern Style
Wash drawn and cleaned quails, and split each down the back into two pieces.
Dust with the flour which has been combined with the salt and pepper.
Heat the fat in a covered skillet and brown the quails in it on all sides.
Pour on the cream.
Cover and cook... - 27.4543
Southern Fried Apples- Just Like Grandma's
I LOOOVE southern fried apples. They are a must-have side dish with some buttermilk biscuits, grits, hash browns, and sausage, honey that's some good eaten!! Or even as a side dish with dinner or thrown over some ice cream for dessert. This versatile,... - 0
Cinnamon Tea Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate sift together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar; set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer on high speed, cream 1/4-cup sugar, the margarine, and butter.
4. Add egg... - 45.2357
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add lemon peel, lemon extract, and ginger.
Add flour and mix well.
Stir In nuts.
Shape dough into balls the size of small walnuts.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 325° for 15 to 17 minutes, or... - 35.8962
Place the flour in a 2-quart bowl.
Add the baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar and toss lightly.
Cut in the shortening with pastry blender until mixture is consistency of peas.
Make a well in center and pour in half the milk.
Add the egg... - 38.9478
Golden Buttermilk Biscuits
Sift dry ingredients together twice and place in a mixing bowl.
Cut in the shortening until well mixed.
Add the buttermilk and stir well.
Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet and place a pat of butter on each biscuit.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10... - 33.3404
1) Preheat the oven by setting it to 350°F/ 180°C .
2) Take a large bowl and add the flour, baking salt, baking powder and salt to it. Mix well.
3) Add the paprika, sour cream and cheese to it and stir them in by mixing well.
4) Take... - 44.319
Annie Leigh Harden's Cheese Biscuits
Cream butter and grated cheese; add salt and flour to make soft dough.
Chill and use as desired.
This dough may be rolled thin and cut with various small shaped cutters to be served on tea plates.
Some of the cutters available are hearts, bells, leaves,... - 29.1393
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3) Using knife cut in shortening in the flour mixture, until the mixture is coarse.
4) Slowly stream in the milk and knead gently for half a... - 39.8007
Chicken In A Biscuit
1) Divide the dinner roll dough into two rectangles and cut each rectangle into 4 x 5 inch rectangles.
2) Press the perforations firmly to seal.
3) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
4)Take a bowl and beat milk and creame cheese to make a... - 43.8781
Rise And Shine Biscuits
Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; add biscuit mix, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 10 to 12 times.
Shape dough into 6 (1-inch-thick) biscuits.
Place 1... - 25.4681
1) Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2) In warm water, mix the yeast.
3) Stir it into buttermilk, blend well and set the mixture aside.
4) Mix sugar and flour.
5) Cut in the shorting until the mixture becomes coarse.
6) Pour buttermilk... - 36.282
Texas Size Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt; cut in shortening.
Add milk and egg; stir until moist.
Knead 8 or 10 times on lightly floured surface.
Roll dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
Cut with biscuit cutter.
Place on... - 40.2277
Dessert Cream Waffles
Beat the egg yolks in a bowl.
Add the cream and vanilla and mix well.
Stir in the biscuit mix and sugar until smooth.
Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into the cream mixture.
Bake in heated waffle iron and serve immediately. - 28.801
Cream Cheese Pancakes With Syrup
Place the eggs, milk and biscuit mix in a bowl and beat with a rotary beater until smooth.
Spoon 3 tablespoons at a time, into a lightly greased 6-inch skillet and tilt the skillet to coat bottom.
Cook until bubbles cover the surface, then turn and brown on... - 34.4685
Sour Cream And Cheddar Muffins
Combine all ingredients, mixing well; spoon into greased miniature muffin pans, filling one-half full.
Bake at 450Â° for 10 to 12 minutes - 17.9338
Peppermint Wafer Dessert
1) Soften gelatin and keep aside.
2) In a double boiler add candy and half cream.
3) Cook until the candy melts.
4) Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
5) Chill and beat in the remaining cream.
6) Take a pan and line the bottom with... - 40.8109
Nilla Wafers Dessert
Line bottom and sides of pie pan with wafers.
Slice bananas and place on top of wafers; reserve a few slices for decoration.
Mix pineapple with milk and lemon juice.
Pour mixture on top of wafers and bananas.
Top with whipped cream.
Decorate with banana... - 41.8856
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
Separate biscuit dough, roll out each on a lightly floured surface to a 3-inch circle.
Place one piece of cream cheese in center of circle, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Pinch edges together to... - 43.201
Italian Cream Cheese Cups
Press the cream cheese through a strainer into a basin.
Add the sugar and egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy.
Flavour to taste with liqueur.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold lightly but thoroughly into the cream.
Pile into individual glasses... - 36.9273
A gloriously rich trifle of the eighteenth century, when it was a favourite pudding at Cambridge University.
Split the sponge cakes, spread half with raspberry jam and half with orange marmalade.
Arrange alternately in a glass trifle dish.
Add some... - 43.0533
Nutty Banana Bread
Cream the sugar and shortening in a bowl.
Add the eggs, bananas, biscuit mix and nuts and beat until well mixed.
Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
Bake in 350-degree oven for 1 hour.
Remove from pan and cool on rack before slicing. - 32.274
Corned Beef Roll Ups
Mix the soup mix and water in a 9-inch square baking pan and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Mix the biscuit mix and cream in a bowl.
Turn out on a lightly floured board and knead 8 times.
Roll out to 12 x 8-inch rectangle.
Spread corned beef hash over... - 35.5506
Oven Buttered Corn Sticks
Melt the butter in a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch baking pan.
Combine the biscuit mix and corn in a bowl and stir until mixed.
Knead 15 times on a lightly floured board.
Roll out to 6 x 10-inch rectangle and cut into 1 x 3-inch strips.
Roll in butter in the pan, then... - 26.8025
Prepare canapes from thinly-sliced bread.
Mix cream cheese with cream and soften to desired consistency with mayonnaise.
Add cayenne pepper and spread thinly on canapes.
Mix onion and lime juice with caviar.
In the center of each canape place a small biscuit... - 36.7379
Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
Cream butter; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add buttermilk, and beat well.
Combine flour and soda; gradually stir into creamed mixture.
Stir in vanilla.
Chill dough several hours or... - 33.4093
Honey Almond Cranberry Bread
Rinse and drain the cranberries and place in a bowl.
Add the biscuit mix, allspice, orange rind and almonds and mix.
Add the eggs, honey, milk and orange juice and beat until well blended.
Spoon into 2 greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
Bake in... - 38.0901
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Divide the soda, putting half into the sour milk and the other half into the molasses.
Add the flour to butter mixture, then the spices and molasses.
Fold the beaten eggs into batter.
Pour into a deep, greased... - 36.724
Jiffy Chicken Or Turkey Pie
Saute onion in butter; blend in flour and stir until frothy.
Add soup; heat until thickened.
Add chicken and seasonings.
Pour into a greased shallow 3-quart casserole.
Arrange biscuits on top.
Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until bi - 33.7388
Chicken A La King
Microwave butter in a 4-cup glass measure at HIGH 45 seconds.
Add green pepper and mushrooms.
Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring once.
Add soup, pimiento, sugar, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
Stir in chicken.
Microwave at... - 37.8995
Layered Vegetable Torte
Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions up to the first rising.
Cook broccoli in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
Drain well; pat dry with a paper towel.
Combine broccoli and 2 eggs, mixing well.
Add next 5 ingredients, stirring well; set... - 39.7878
1. Onto a plate add digestive biscuits and top with whipped cream or cream cheese or both.
2. Scatter with grated chocolate and decorate with a fresh mint leaf. - 28.1547
Apple Dumpling Dessert
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
Separate biscuits into 10 individual ones.
Place on bottom of buttered baking dish.
Arrange apple slices over top.
In small saucepan combine all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil,... - 43.7792
1 Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit.
2 As per the directions on the can, prepare and bake the biscuits.
3 In a large skillet, cook wine over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
4 Lower the heat to medium.... - 44.8685
1. In medium saucepan combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
2. Place pan over a low flame and heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted to form a thick syrup.
3. Add biscuits into the pan. .
4. Simmer, for 10 minutes.
5. Then... - 43.0758
Skillet Style Peach Cobbler
Combine peaches, butter, and lemon juice in a 10-inch skillet.
Cover and cook over medium heat until simmering.
Combine biscuit mix and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add milk to make soft dough.
Spoon dough into simmering fruit - 34.7052
1 2 3 Chicken Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, arrange layers of chicken and vegetables.
3) In a bowl, blend the soup, milk, onion, and poultry seasoning together.
4) Mix thoroughly and pour over the chicken and... - 43.8944
Quick Sherry Trifle
1. Into a glass bowl break the biscuit.
2. Pour over the sherry and put in the jam, top with the whipped cream and decorate with nuts.
3. Let it sit over dinner. - 32.4942
Cook green beans according to package directions, omitting seasonings.
Add turkey, cheese, soup, and nutmeg, stir well.
Spoon mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Place biscuit mix in a medium bowl.
Combine egg, butter, and milk, add to... - 38.9722
Raspberry Cheesecakes For Two
1) In a bowl, beat together cheese and half of the sugar until smooth.
2) Stir in the raspberries.
3) In a bowl, whip the cream until it holds the shape.
4) Lightly fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture until evenly... - 43.202
Minute Turkey Shortcake
1) In a saucepan, blend in the condensed cream of chicken soup and 1/4 cup milk.
2) Next, add in the cooked turkey, peas and chopped pimientos.
3) Heat the pan while stirring intermittently.
4) Pour the Minute Turkey Shortcake over 4 split... - 32.1189
Combine first 5 ingredients, set aside.
Combine biscuit mix and onions in a small bowl.
Combine 2 beaten eggs and milk, pour into biscuit mix.
Stir only until mixture is moistened.
Spoon half of batter into a greased 9-inch pieplate.
Spoon on cheese... - 42.9972
Sweet Raisin Roll Ups
Combine raisins, pecans, sour cream, honey, 2 tablespoons butter, lemon rind, and cinnamon, mix well.
Separate biscuit dough, roll out each biscuit on a lightly floured surface to a 7-x 4-inch oval.
Spread 1 rounded tablespoonful filling on each.
Roll dough,... - 38.7175
1) In a saucepan, combine the soup and milk, blend well.
2) Stir in the tuna, peas and pimiento, stir frequently and cook until thoroughly heated.
3) Spoon over hot biscuits or toast and serve the Tuna Shortcake immediately. - 31.2952
Hot Cherry Dumplings
Combine cherries and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir into cherry mixture.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear.
Add food coloring, if desired.
Combine 1/4 cup sugar and biscuit mi - 32.264
Amaretti Pears Rose
1. Peel the pears carefully
2. Core them and reserve the top section that contains the stem
3. Roughly crush the Amaretti de Saronno biscuits
4. Use the crumbs of the Amaretti de Saronno biscuits to fill the pear cavities to the top.
5.... - 38.892
Apple Pecan Cobbler
1) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, add pie filling and pecans and mix well.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes. Between the cooking processes, stir the mix after 2 minutes.
3) In a bowl, add biscuit mix and brown sugar and mix well.
4) Add in the... - 41.9648
Vermont Turkey Pie
1. Thaw the biscuits or prepare the dough using your favorite recipe.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
4. Combine the turkey and vegetables in the casserole and keep aside.
5. Make the... - 45.4759
Raspberry And Rose Charlotte
1. Prepare a 15 cm (6 inch) round spring-form or loose-bottom cake or charlotte tin by greasing it and then line it with tin foil
2. Lightly oil the sides and the bottom of the pan.
3. In a shallow heatproof bowl, set out the raspberry... - 46.7402
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
Add biscuit mix, egg, and 1 tablespoon sugar, stir well.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth (about 1 minute).
Place dough on a large greased cookie sheet, roll into a... - 42.3054
1. Let 1/2 cup water boil with sugar and 6 slices of fresh ginger until it has reduced to about 1/4 cup and slightly thickened.
2. Strain and let it cool.
3. Combine this syrup (or use ginger wine) with the lemon zest.
4. Let them cool... - 44.9447
Crab And Shrimps Dixie Style
1 In a skillet add butter and cook onion until golden.
2 Stir in the flour and seasonings.
3 Add the lemon rind, milk, and cream, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
4 Stir in the shellfish and heat.
5 Season and serve over... - 38.9127
Spiced Spinach Quiche
Pierce packages of spinach several times with a fork.
Place on a paper plate.
Microwave each at HIGH 2 minutes.
Combine butter and chopped onion in a 2-cup glass bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
Combine eggs, biscuit mix, half-and-half, basil, salt,... - 42.1114
1) In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
2) Fill each greased miniature muffin pan to one-half.
3) Place in oven and bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Top with cream and serve. - 31.9996
Turkey Green Pepper Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
2) In a saucepan, sauté the onion and green peppers in margarine and add salt and flour
3) To this, combine milk and soup and cook until it’s thick
4) After the mixture is cool, add turkey and lemon... - 45.3068
Farm Style Lamb Stew
1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter and brown the lamb in it, add frozen mushrooms to it and saute for a couple of minutes
2. Remove the frozen vegetables from the cooking bag, add meat mixture, frozen onions, onion-sauce mix and water and heat it all to... - 40.3966
Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
Measure flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into small bowl.
Mix with pastry blender.
Add shortening; cut in with pastry blender.
When like fine crumbs, add milk; mix lightly with fork until it comes together (it will be a sticky... - 41.282
Peel and core apples and slice into large skillet.
Add water and sugar, cover, and cook over medium heat until apples are almost tender.
Make biscuit dough with remaining ingredients.
Pat out into round the size of skillet.
Place dough on top of apples,... - 38.3971
1. In an 8-inch (1 ½ quart) microwave proof baking dish, combine the reserved syrup, flour, lemon juice and extract and blend well.
2. Add the peach or fruit and cinnamon and mix until well coated. Keep the dish aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl,... - 48.4205
Old Fashioned Teacakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a bowl cream butter.
3. Add 2 cups sugar and beat well.
4. Add egg breaking one at a time and beat well after each addition.
5. Add buttermilk and beat.
6. Fold in flour and soda and mix it to the creamed... - 40.2294
Mocha Alaska Dessert
1) In a bowl, add both the crumbs, pecans, butter, and cocoa.
2) Mix well.
3) Add the mix and press down evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan.
4) Place in oven at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
5) In a bowl, add softened ice cream and crushed... - 46.8264
1.Preheat the oven at 450 degrees.
2.In a large bowl, mix flour with baking powder, salt and sugar and also add pieces of margarine to it and stir till a loose and rough mixture is formed.
3.Put the currants in the bowl and mix them... - 43.9492
Four Cheese Spread
1. Grease a 4-cup mold with grease proof paper or a damp cheese cloth. Set aside for later.
2. In a medium jar of a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients. Pulse for 30 seconds till well blended to a smooth... - 45.7316
Layered Vegetable Torte
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Follow package directions to prepare hot roll mix up to the first rising.
3. In a pan cook broccoli in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain out broccoli from water and dry with paper towel.
5. In a... - 46.748