- » Southern Caramel
Southern Caramel Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Southern Caramel recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Southern Caramel recipes.
Southern Baked Ham
Blend the two sugars together and set aside.
Blend mustard and honey.
Baste ham with honey-mustard mix and coat heavily with the blended sugars.
Bake slowly at 325 degrees for approximately 1/2 hours (18 to 20 minutes per pound), until sugar has melted to a... - 26.8302
Southern Style Orange Flan
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 In a heavy skillet, sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar evenly.
3 Place the skillet over low heat.
4 Caramelize the sugar, stirring often until the sugar melts and is light golden brown in color.
5 Among... - 43.8226
Melt caramels with evaporated milk in pan over water, stirring occasionally.
Add butter, sugar and pecans.
Spread 2 teaspoons on each cookie.
Keep filling over water while spreading. - 26.7344
Mix caramels, butter, and water in a large, deep glass mixing bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Stir well and continue to microwave at HIGH about 1 minute.
Stir well to combine caramels, water, and butter into a smooth mixture.
Add noodles and... - 36.2538
Caramel Icing For Banana Cake
Cook sugar and cream together until it forms soft ball when dropped in cold water, remove from stove, add butter, and beat well before spreading on cake.
This cake keeps moist for several days. - 19.1487
Simple Caramel Frosting
Combine all ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Cook until a candy thermometer .reaches soft ball stage (236Â°).
Cool mixture slightly.
Beat until mixture reaches spreading consistency; frost top and... - 22.5685
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add sugar and milk.
Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until candy thermometer registers 234Â° (soft ball stage).
Remove from heat, and add vanilla (do not stir); cool 10 minutes.
Beat on... - 21.2182
Caramel Corn Candy
Combine popped corn and peanuts in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; quickly stir in soda and flavorings.
Pour... - 36.9416
Caramel Icing For Layer Cake With Toasted Pecans
Put brown and maple sugar, milk, and soda in saucepan.
When syrup begins to boil add the butter.
Beat a long time, until thick enough to spread.
Flavor with vanilla.
Sprinkle toasted pecans over top of each layer. - 27.1696
Combine butter, milk, and brown sugar in a 4-cup glass measure.
Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until boiling.
Stir in powdered sugar.
Pour over cooled Banana Nut Bread as a glaze. - 25.518
Biggs's Caramel Ice Cream
Add to the beaten eggs the sugar, salt, and first quart of cream.
When custard has thickened, add the caramelized sugar while very hot.
Strain and cool.
Add vanilla to taste, and then add the extra quart of cream just half-whipped.
Freeze in hand freezer 1... - 29.1932
Caramel Roll Ups
Prepare hot roll mix and let rise according to package directions.
Knead on a lightly floured board for 5 minutes.
Roll out into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle.
Spread sour cream over the dough and sprinkle with brown sugar and raisins.
Roll from long side as for... - 33.0355
Pears In Caramel Sauce
Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup pear syrup in a small saucepan; simmer until smooth and blended.
Place pear halves in syrup.
Heat, basting with syrup. - 27.3868
Caramel Biscuit Ring
Pour caramel topping in bottom of a 9-inch round glass or microwave plastic cake pan.
Sprinkle nuts over topping.
Place butter in a custard cup.
Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to melt.
Dip biscuits in melted butter to coat all sides.
Arrange biscuits in a ring... - 36.863
Caramel Pecan Coffee Cake
Combine the brown sugar, pecans, butter and corn syrup and mix well.
Spread in bottom of a greased 8-inch square pan.
Cream the sugar, shortening and egg thoroughly in a bowl and add flour alternately with milk, stirring just until all flour is... - 33.1118
Place 1 cup sugar and water in an 8-inch glass baking dish.
Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 8 minutes.
Stir often until sugar turns light brown.
Rotate pan until bottom is completely covered with caramel.
Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl until well... - 38.7614
Raisin Pudding Cake With Caramel Sauce
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a mixer bowl.
Add milk, raisins, and nuts.
Mix lightly to combine ingredients.
Spread batter into a lightly greased 2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave water in a 2-cup glass measure at HIGH 2... - 48.5158
Southern Delight Christmas Pudding
Grease two small basins or one large basin; peel, core and chop the apple; prepare the dried fruit.
Sift together the plain flour, self-raising flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Add the breadcrumbs, dried fruit, sugar, suet, candied peel and grated lemon... - 39.8321
To make the bland cornbread come back to life, you can make this easy southern dressing containing mushrooms, leeks and broth. The best thing is that this delicious dressing is low calorie and very popular in America. For food lovers, this unusual dressing... - 110.162
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
A fine casserole for the holiday season. This video shows how to prepare sweet potato casserole with a crunchy pecan topping. Baked to perfection, this creamy dish will surely turn out to be a tradition every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Try it...yummmmy. - 112.104
Southern Seafood Gumbo
Combine 1/2 cup oil and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is caramel colored (15 to 20 minutes).
Stir in celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook an additional 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fry okra... - 40.4931
Easy Pecan Pie - How To Make Southern Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie...a humble and enriching dessert. A video to prepare that perfect pecan pie for the holiday season. This video certainly makes this recipe look so easy and quick. The combination of light and dark cork syrup brings out the right amount of sweetness... - 128.473
Sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar evenly in a heavy skillet; place over low heat.
Caramelize sugar by stirring often until sugar melts and is a light golden brown.
Divide syrup evenly among six 6-ounce custard cups, tipping each cup quickly to evenly coat the... - 36.6119
Caramelized Onions With Greens
How do you like your greens? In this video, Katherine shows us how she best enjoys her greens! A simple way to cook them, but a little time taking. A well flavored dish with caramelized onions and garlic! A great recipe video to watch and learn. - 114.216
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly grease pan.
Melt caramels in double boiler with 16 cup evaporated milk, stirring occasionally.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend together dry cake mix, margarine, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
Pour 1/2 of cake mixture into prepared... - 38.4925
Blender Caramel Sauce
Put all ingredients into blender container.
Cover and process at mix until sugar is dissolved. - 24.4848
Cream shortening; add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy.
Beat in syrup.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Beat for 3 minutes.
Beat eggs until foamy; add remaining sugar and beat until... - 38.4729
Spread popcorn in large buttered roasting pan.
In heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, syrup, margarine and salt.
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
Continue cooking, without stirring, for 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and... - 37.3485
1) Take a glass bowl and pour sugar, butter, honey, and chocolate pieces.
2) Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Whisk and cook for another 3 minutes on power, stirring every minute.
4) Sprinkle nuts.
5) Take a buttered mould and pour the mixture in it.... - 37.8582
Caramel Ice Cream Dessert
Preheat oven to 400°.
Mix flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar.
Add nuts and butter; mix well.
Spread mixture on large cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, crumble while hot.
Cool mixture and sprinkle half of crumbs on bottom of pan.
Drizzle 1 jar of caramel... - 41.2923
Caramel Cream Tart
Preheat oven to 350°.
Butter pie pan.
With a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar, vanilla, and almond extract.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition; blend in cream.
Pour caramel topping into pie pan.
Carefully (very slowly) pour... - 41.5944
Creamy Caramel Fudge
Caramelize 1 cup of sugar by heating in a heavy nonferrous pan over low heat, stirring constantly with long handled spoon for 8 to 10 minutes, or until sugar has melted and is straw colored.
When it is light brown, add milk; simmer until sugar... - 33.2475
Unwrap caramels; combine caramels and milk in a heavy saucepan.
Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
Stir in pecans.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto buttered wax paper.
Cool; cover and chill.
Place candy coating in top of a double boiler;... - 31.449
Chocolate Caramel Squares
1)Take a 8 or 9-inch square pan and lightly grease it.
2) Over bottom of greased pan, arrange a single layer of wafer cookies side by side .
3) Keep half of wafer cookies for second layer.
4) In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place... - 34.5764
Combine butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook 2 minutes.
Add milk; return to a boil.
Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
Add powdered sugar to mixture, beating until smooth. - 23.4835
Favorite Caramel Frosting
Favorite Caramel Frosting has a fine taste. Favorite Caramel Frosting gets its grand taste from milk mixed with eggs and butter. Favorite Caramel Frosting is used to prepare lovely cakes. - 28.4273
Caramel Cake Frosting
1. In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in sugar and milk.
3. Cook and stir mixture over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 234°.
4. Take off from heat.
5. Add vanilla but do not stir.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes until... - 36.109
Melt butter, and cook over medium heat until light brown, stirring constantly.
Add brown sugar, and cook until sugar melts.
Remove from heat, add milk, stirring constantly.
Slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, beating at medium speed of an electric... - 27.096
Dark Caramel Beer Sauce
1) In a saucepan add brown sugar and cornstarch and mix.
2) Gently add beer and cook stirring constantly till thick.
3) Mix butter and vanilla extract and stir until melted.
4) Serve warm. - 30.6741
Creamy Caramel Sauce
Sprinkle sugar into a large cast iron skillet.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sugar melts and turns light brown.
Remove from heat; add butter, and stir until blended.
Return mixture to low heat; gradually add half and... - 24.9848
Pumpkin Creme Caramel
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place pumpkin on baking sheet, bake for half an hour and allow to cool. Halve the pumpkin and deseed. Remove the peel and make chunks of the flesh.
3. Pass the pumpkin puree though a food processor to prepare 1 cup... - 46.2373
Baked Caramel Good Stuff
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 300°.
2) Take a large bowl and mix in the first 4 ingredients before keeping it aside.
3) Take a medium sized saucepan and melt butter in it.
4) Add corn syrup, salt and brown sugar in it.
5) Stir... - 46.8343
Crispy Caramel Corn
1. Preheat oven to 125 degrees centigrade.
2. In a greased bowl, toss popcorn, peanuts and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter, add sugar, corn syrup, salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sugar is completely... - 45.7972
Place popcorn in a lightly greased 4-quart casserole, set aside.
Place butter in a 1 1/2-quart dish.
Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until melted.
Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt, cover and microwave at HIGH for 4 minutes.
Remove mixture from... - 37.9193
Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake
Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake is my favorite. Every bite of this Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake leave you stunt with a different taste. The chocolate cake mix with peanuts gives this Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake a divine taste. - 38.2077
Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream
Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream has a cool taste. Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream gets its bracing taste from condensed milk mixed with cream and eggs. Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream is loved by kids across the world. - 36.0238
Blueberry Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Place bread cubes in bottom of lightly greased 8 x 8 X 2-inch baking pan.
Sprinkle with blueberries; set aside.
In large bowl, combine milk, Egg Beaters, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread mixture.
Set pan in larger pan filled with 1-inch depth hot... - 39.0089
Drain peaches, reserving 1 cup syrup, set aside.
Combine flour, salt, commercial sugar-nut mixture from refrigerated rolls, and lemon rind, if desired, in a heavy saucepan.
Stir in ginger ale and reserved peach syrup.
Cook over medium heat, stirring... - 36.4186
Pear Cake With Caramel Drizzle
Combine eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and allspice, add to sugar mixture alternately with pears.
Stir in pecans.
Spoon into a well-greased and floured Bundt... - 41.4665
Caramel Topped Rice Custard
Combine caramels and l/4cup milk in small saucepan.
Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat until caramelsr melt.
Pour equal amounts into 6 buttered, 3/4-cup custard cups.
Spoon 1/3 cup rice into each cup.
Blend remaining ingredients; pour evenly into each... - 40.1923
Pour sugar into heavy skillet that heats uniformly.
Melt over low heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon to prevent scorching; the lumps will melt away.
When sugar becomes a clear brown syrup, remove from heat.
Stir in boiling water slowly so that it... - 25.962
Place 1 cup sugar in a heavy skillet, cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and forms a light brown syrup.
Reduce heat to low, gradually add boiling water in a slow stream, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
Remove from... - 41.2837
Pear, Roquefort, And Caramelized Onion Galette
Cook onion in butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat, 30 to 35 minutes or until onion is caramelized, stirring often.
Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
Unfold piecrust and roll into a 14" circle on a lightly floured surface.
Transfer to a parchment... - 42.6527
White Chocolate, Peanut, And Caramel Candy Cookies
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugars, beating well.
Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
Process oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
Combine oats, flour, and next 3 ingredients; add to butter... - 43.2218
For Caramel-nut Rolls
Prepare dough and filling as for Glazed Cinnamon Rolls.
Cut filled dough rolls into 1-inch slices.
Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup melted butter, and 1/4 cup corn syrup, mix well.
Spread mixture evenly in two greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch pans.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup... - 28.5849
Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and 1 cup whipping cream in a large Dutch oven.
Cook over low heat, stirring gently, until sugar dissolves.
Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
Uncover and cook,... - 32.7386
Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a 1-quart casserole.
Gradually stir in milk.
Microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes until smooth and thickened, stirring with a wire whisk every 2 minutes.
Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored.
Gradually stir... - 40.7052
Caramel Corn Candy
1) Into a large mixing bowl, combine the popped corn and the peanuts
2) Mix together the butter, corn syrup, sugar and salt
3) Place them into a saucepan and bring to a boil
3) Simmer at low heat for about 5 minutes, taking care to stir continuously
4)... - 45.0145
Butter and iine pan with foil.
In a heavy 3 quart saucepan melt margarine over low heat.
Stir in brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, coffee crystals, and orange peel.
Carefully clip candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
Cook over... - 41.6279
Candied Carrot Sticks
1) Cut the carrots in halves and then cut slices along the length to prepare carrot sticks.
2) In a fry pan, melt butter over medium heat and place the carrot sticks into the pan. Properly stir to coat the carrots with butter.
3) Add... - 43.5496
1. Lay on an ovenproof plate or dish cutting the papaya into lengths.
2. Scatter the sugar and cinnamon over and place under the broiler until hot and bubbling.
3. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. - 29.4851
1. In a saucepan mix well combining sugar, corn syrup and orange juice.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
4. With a wooden spoon beat until mixture... - 38.486
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and honey stirring well to mix.
2. Bring mixture to a boil cook without stirring and to soft ball stage (240°).
3. Remove from heat, add flavorings and cool to lukewarm.
4. With an electric mixer beat 2 to... - 39.7107
Easy Holiday Mints
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and knead until smooth.
2. Shape mints in rubber candy molds, place on baking sheets, cover with a paper towel and let it dry.
3. Remove candy from molds and store in an airtight container.
4.... - 33.4672
Original Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
Don’t you just love Cracker Barrel’s fried apples? Guess what you do not have to go down to this country store to buy them cause this copycat recipe video shows you how to make these delicious apples at home. The ingredient list has nothing that you will... - 132.344
Preheat oven to 350°.
Caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in a small heavy skillet.
Pour into mold and turn the mold around quickly, tilting it from side to side until the mold is coated on the bottom and halfway up the sides.
Beat eggs lightly; slowly add 1... - 40.5031
Flan Almendra has a amazing taste. If you like milk mixed with eggs and flavored with vanilla extracts and topped with strawberry then try this Flan Almendra recipe, you will love it. Flan Almendra is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 38.5644
1) In a 9-inch cake pan, sprinkle sugar evenly.
2) Preheat oven at 350°.
3) Place the cake pan over medium heat to caramelize sugar. Gently shake the pan by wearing oven mitts, to melt the sugar to a light golden brown.
4) Allow the... - 42.8907
1) Take a glass bowl and melt butter for 45 seconds on power.
2) Pour milk and beat in eggs, flour, sugar to make a smooth paste.
3) Grease the tart mould with butter and insert the apricot halves in the mould.
4) Pour in the mixture and sprinkle... - 42.9028
Hazelnut Flan And Raspberries
1. In a food processor grind the hazelnuts adding honey & lemon juice.
2. Into an 8" /20cm quiche or flan dish press the mixture and chill.
3. Thereafter whip the cream.
4. Into the pie shell pat down the raspberries, sprinkle with the... - 38.1348
Strawberry Flan Chantilly
For the shortcrust, sieve flour, salt and sugar into a bowl and rub in lard until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Mix to a stiffish dough with the egg yolk and if necessary a few drops of cold water.
Roll out thinly and line an 8-inch (20-cm.) flan... - 41.075
Real Chocolate Icing
Melt chocolate morsels with evaporated milk in pan over water.
Add butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.
Spread on top of Caramel Filling. - 25.7337
Layered Banana Cake
Cream butter, sugar, and bananas together; add eggs one at a time.
Add soda dissolved in buttermilk; then add flour and baking powder sifted together.
Bake in a moderate oven, in layers or loaf pans.
Ice with caramel icing: - 30.7971
Tennessee Jam Cake
Cream butter and sugar; add jam and preserves.
Add the well-beaten egg yolks and beat until smooth.
Add the flour and milk to which soda has been added alternately, and mix well after each addition.
Add the spices and nuts and mix well.
Fold in the egg whites... - 38.2935
Combine caramels and water in a 4-cup glass measure.
Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir well to combine.
Combine the cereals and coconut in a large bowl; pour caramel mixture on top.
Toss until well coated.
Drop by teaspoon-fuls onto waxed paper. - 31.4465
Glazed Sugar Cured Ham With Champagne Sauce
Put the sugar in a casserole and cook to a brown caramel (or caramelize in heavy skillet on top of stove), add the champagne, boil for 5 minutes; add 2 pints of brown gravy, boil for 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper and add butter. - 22.6519
Fudge Surprise Cake
Combine caramels, condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon butter in a 2 1/2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
Stir after 2 minutes.
Combine cake mix, water, eggs, and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
Beat with mixer according to cake package... - 42.4591
Candy Bar Cookies
Cream butter and sugar.
Add vanilla extract, milk and salt.
Mix in flour thoroughly; chill.
Roll dough, one-half at a time, to a 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut in 2-inch squares.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 325° for 12 minutes.
Top with Caramel Filling and... - 38.3016
Brown Mountain Cake
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
Combine water, cocoa, and soda, stirring well; add to flour... - 38.7476
Old South Spice Cake
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition Combine flour, cocoa, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
Dissolve soda in buttermilk.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with... - 36.2663
Pudding From Homemade Mix
Combine Pudding Mix with warm water in the top of a double boiler.
Place over boiling water and stir constantly until thickened.
Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
Remove from heat and slowly blend half of mixture with... - 29.5158
Seafood Gumbo With Bacon And Okra
Cut bacon into 1" pieces.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. (Cover and chill bacon until gumbo is done.)
Whisk flour into drippings, and cook over medium heat,... - 42.8024
Shrimp Crab Boil
Wow your guest with this southern style shrimp crab boil recipe. Check out the video to see how the chef combines almost everything except the kitchen sink in a large kettle by combining veggies with loads of spices to make an absolutely amazing dish. Do not... - 104.265
Delectable Penuche Icing For Applesauce Spice Cake
What better way to dress up your applesauce spice cake than penuche icing. Betty shows how to whomp up a quick and easy icing using a few simple ingredients. Follow the recipe and get going. Perfect for holiday treats! - 104.219
Quick Pear Sundaes
Place a scoop of ice cream in each pear cavity, top with caramel sauce.
Sprinkle with almonds. - 17.2117
Fruit Cake With Rum
You know the Fruit cake that you relish during Christmas?? Here is the video recipe for it!! This fruit cake can be prepared at anytime, but is particularly enjoyed at Christmas time. The recipe calls for several ingredients, that are all easily available. - 130.754
1) Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
2) Add the onion rings and sauté until they turn brown and are caramelized.
3) Stir well after adding vinegar and caraway seeds.
4) Serve in accompaniment to bangers and mash. - 30.8096
Marsh Mallow Topped Sweet Potatoes
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into thick wedges.
2. Combine butter and honey to make a glaze.
3. Grease a 1 quart baking dish with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
5. Arrange the potato slices in the baking dish.
6. Brush with... - 38.1119
Michael Jackson's Thriller
This an original recipe from the mixologist Robert Stahl at Alexandre's Bar in Dallas. The cocktail was created as a part of an Michael Jackson inspired drinks challenge. Why I chose to add this cocktail recipe here is because I think that this drink looks... - 42.9795
Brown Mountain Cake
1. Preheat oven hot to 350°.
2. In a bowl cream butter. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. Alternately add flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
5. Add water,... - 45.4181
Banana Omelette With Apricot Jam
1. Slicing bananas toss in granulated sugar.
2. In a pan melt butter caramelizing bananas.
3. Separating the eggs beat the yolks.
4. Whisk the whites until firm and fold yolks into the whites.
5. Into the centre of the pan push the banana slices... - 35.3129
Apples Breton Style
1. In a frypan melt the butter and lay in the apple rings.
2. Put in the brown sugar and lemon juice and let it cook until lightly browned and the sugar caramelized.
3. Scatter with cinnamon and pour in the rye or bourbon, set light and FLAMBE! - 32.1523
Candied Apple Fritters
1) In a mixing bowl, prepare the batter by sifting the flour and salt.
2) Gradually beat in egg and a cup of water, until smooth.
3) Keep aside to settle in a cool place for at least 1/2 hour.
4) Heat peanut oil to 375°F.
5) Dip the... - 47.3828
Baked Pears In White Wine
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Use a paring knife to peel pears, halve and core .
3. In a medium baking dish or casserole, place pears, cut side down.
4. Pour dry white wine over the pears and sprinkle generously with the sugar.
5.... - 39.0995
Spicy Chicken Wings
1)Heat a skillet on a high flame before adding chicken wings and brown them lightly on both sides.
2)Stir in the garlic, brown sugar, mustard and beer and saute the chicken for another 5-8 minutes until... - 39.2188
Sauteed Chicken With Mushrooms
1) Take the chicken and cut in half lengthwise and cut the breast into two pieces.
2) Remove the wings, legs and protruding bones.
3) Stir-fry sliced carrots and onion in butter for Demi-glace sauce.
4) Add flour to this and heat until browned.
5) Pour... - 47.2004
Wash shrimp shells well; cook in large pot of water.
Boil for an hour or so adding water as needed to make a good shrimp broth.
Use this in place of water.
Saute vegetables in 2-4 tablespoons butter, or shrimp broth until tender; add tomatoes and... - 44.3474
Tin Roof Fudge Tart
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F.
2) In a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch glass pie plate make the pie crust.
3) Place the crust in pie plate and gently press at the bottom and up side.
4) Trim the edges if required.
5)... - 46.9996
Old South Spice Cake
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take 3 9-inch pans, grease and flour them lightly.
1) Take a bowl and cream butter in it. Add sugar and beat nicely.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well upon each addition.
3) Take a mixing bowl and... - 46.6544
Smithfield Ham With Brown Sugar Glaze
Place ham in a large container, cover with water, and let soak 24 hours.
Pour off water.
Scrub ham in warm water with a stiff brush, and rinse well.
Drain ham; place in a large cooking container, and cover with water.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and... - 30.0236
Southern Caramel Recipes By Category