- » South Indian Snack
South Indian Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of south indian snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for south indian snack recipes.
How many of you crave for a spicy and crunchy snacks, particularly when it is raining or snowing outside? These lentil fritters are ultimate snacking items to enjoy these special moments with a fuming cup of coffee. Watch the video to learn the easy procedure... - 133.703
Potato Stuffed Bread Bonda
Indulge if you may in this deep fried delight. Aloo = Potato, stuffed bread Bonda = Dumpling, deep fried in this case. The sound of Bonda or Vada would easily make any Indian salivate especially on a rainy day. These delightful spheres make a delicious... - 104.789
Chunky Vegetable Egg Fry
1. Break the egg in a small bowl and whisk well.
2. Take a microwave safe bowl and coat it with oil, pour the egg mixture into it, cover and microwave it for 1 minute.
3. Finely chop the vegetables, grate the potato.
4. In a hot pan,... - 99.0305
Paruppu Vadai/ Masal' Vada - South Indian Style Lentil Fritters
1. Soak the chana dal in water for 2 hours.
2. In a blender, add the soaked chana dal, red chilies, salt and little water for grinding. Grind them coarsely and not into a paste.
3. In a bowl, remove the batter from the blender, add in... - 95.5347
Muruku ( Snack) Making Made Easier
Murukku is probably the most popular and favorite festive snack made in every South Indian home a week before Diwali. While there are many versions of this crispy crunchy snack, the sweet-savory golden brown ones are traditional. The video shows an easy way... - 91.8554
Adirasam ( Sweet ) Making Made Easier
Are you cooking a full South Indian meal for your family the first time? This traditional south Indian sweet is made for festive occasions especially Janmashtimi and Diwali and is an ideal sweet preparation for beginners, requiring almost no secret... - 82.7664
Sojjiappam ( Sweet) Making Made Easier
Sooji Appam is sweet and crispy and liked by children and elders alike. Watch this video to learn how to make this classic south Indian sweets which is great for kids lunch boxes, as a tea time snack as well as an offering to Gods on festive days. - 80.0896
Tengul Making Made Easier
If you are looking for a nice crispy salty snack to munch on while you sip on your evening cup of coffee or tea, try these. Watch the video to learn an easy way to make tengul. It is very similar to murukku. This is delicious hot and crunchy on a rainy day. - 76.9058
Appe (south Indian Snack)
Appe are crisp round savoury balls that are a popular South Indian snack. Made in an appe pan, this is one wonderful twist you can give to your regular idli batter. These make for great snacks, a South Indian specialty. - 50.2308
Idli Sambar With Chutney
1. Soak Urad Dal (skin removed black gram) and rice separately in the morning and grind it together to make a paste at night.
2. Mix it thoroughly, adding salt and water.
3. This mixture should be of a thick pouring consistency.
4. Keep the mixture in... - 49.064
Moong Dal Ldlis
1. Wash and soak moong dal for whole night.
2. Grind the dal and other spices to fine paste except Eno.
3. Keep it for 5 minutes.
4. Then add Eno and mix gently.
5. Steam them in mini idli stand for 8 to 10 minutes
6. Check by putting tooth pick in the idlis... - 45.6915
1. Soak chana dal in hot water for about 20 minutes or till it is nicely soaked.
2. In a rnixie, grind red chillies, green chillies, ginger and salt into a smooth paste.
3. Add the soaked chana dal and grind it coarsely using very less water. Some of the dal... - 42.9157
Spinach idli is the modification of idli which is improved in colour as well as nutritive value. - 35.0628
Togari Nucchin Unde - 3 Rd Method
Soak all dal together in water for 4 hours or until soft and drain excess water
Grind coarsely with the remaining ingredients (not fine paste and do not add water)
Shape the mixture into small balls, oval shape or oblong
Arange them in idli stand or cooker... - 33.5661
Idli Finger Chips
Put oil in a pan when it is hot put choped idiles and deep fry till it becomes crispy.
Then put a tissue in a plate and keep fried idlies and ready to eat with tea,coffe - 22.434
1. In a skillet over medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of oil and fry onion, green chilies, curry leaves, garlic and ginger.
2. Add the spinach leaves and stir well. Cook for a few minutes and remove from flame.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the spinach... - 0
Healthy Baked Masala Vada
A classic south Indian snack, masala vada is an all time favorite. It is protein rich due to the goodness of chana dal and is very easy to make. A baked version makes it much healthier without compromising on the taste. - 0
Quick Potato Bajji
Who doesn't like a hot potato bajji with coconut chutney for a evening snack? It is such a refreshing item to have with your evening tea or coffee and energizes you in an instant. This recipe comes with a slight change than the regular bajji. However, this is... - 0
Homemade Onion And Tomato Uttapam
Uttapam is a popular south Indian dish, though now common all over the country, made in the form of a thick pancake. Uttapam is commonly made with rice and urad dal. The recipe given here is a variation of the original dish, wherein semolina is used to make... - 0
The Leftover Idly Snack
This is a savory and very tasty snack. It is a lot like upma but made with left over Idly. It is very filling and a very good use of the breakfast item. - 0
South Indian Style Gobhi Manchurian
It is a yummy preparation of Chinese Manchurian with a touch of South Indian tempering. This is one of the most popular snack items to be had with a cup of evening coffee. - 0
Kerala Style - Uzhunnu Vada
Uzhunnu Vada, though a traditional South Indian snack and a common dish in a South Indian breakfast menu, today it is a favorite all over India. Uzhunnu, in Malayalam means Urad dal. In different regions of Indian, vada is prepared, but they may be known by... - 0
Crunchy,tasty and melt in your mouth murukku's are a hit in many south indian households as a tea time snack. They have a nice savory taste and a crunchy feel to it. - 0
Homemade Masala Vade
These indian fritters are made for special occasions in the indian household. There are different types of vada's and this is one of them.Tasty and crunchy !! - 0
Ground Nut Jaggery Laddu
1.Roast the ground nuts and coarsely grind it and set aside.
2.Pound the jaggery and put it in a thick bottomed vessel and add water.
3.Heat the thick bottomed vessel with jaggery and water and keep stirring it continuously until it comes to a one... - 0
Crispy Delicacy Karjikayi
This is a crispy sweet that can be stored for few days. It has a filling of coconut, raisins and nuts and sugar. This sweet can be made at any time, but festivals are the times it is made the most to be served to guests, friends and family. - 0
Fried Idli - Quick Fix From Left Over
1. On a chopping board, place the idlis and using a sharp knife slice them vertically and set them aside.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat, add oil, dry red chillies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Temper it for a few... - 0
Chakri Or Murukku - Rice Spirals
1. Take a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients such as rice flour, sesame seeds, carom seeds, white chili powder, salt and sugar.
2. Once the dry ingredients are mixed well, add the sour cream and knead the dough and keep it aside.
3. Take the chakri... - 0
Oats Paniyaram/savory Oats Pan-pops (low Fat)
1. In a bowl add in the chana dal and fennel seeds. Soak for 3 hours.
2. In a blending jar add in the soaked dal and oats. Add in water and blend to make fine paste.
3. Take out the batter in a bowl; add in the salt, curry leaves,... - 0
Onion Crackers, Masala Biscuit - Low Fat
Today's low fat snack recipe is a savory tea time favorite,my hubby always request them,and how I wish I could store them In an airtight container but they never last long enough at my place.Onion biscuits ,masala biscuit ,onion crackers also popular in... - 0
Ravva Idli / Sooji Idli - South Indian Breakfast / Snack
Idlis are traditionally made from naturally fermented batter. This ravva Idli in contrast is a quick version which can be made under 30 mins. Because of the flavorful seasoning that goes inside the batter, they taste absolutely delicious. Serve them with the... - 0
Mysore Bajji or Mysore Bonda is a popular South Indian recipe that can be had as breakfast or even as a quick snack. Simple ingredients and very little effort are required to make this utterly delicious snack - 0
A mouthwatering deep fried snack made of rice flour. You can serve it with tea or coffee. - 0
Spicy Tava Idlis By Tarla Dalal
A spicy recipe made by using leftover idlis, it is a great combination made with onions, tomatoes and masalas. Definitely worth a try! - 0
South Indian Snack Recipes By Category
South Indian Snack Course: