- » South Indian Dal
South Indian Dal Recipes
Enjoy our collection of south indian dal recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for south indian dal recipes.
Tiffin Sambar (mung Dal) - South Indian Lentils
The mung dal sambar is often served for breakfast along with idlis , topped with ghee if you like ....yummmm .This sambar strikes perfect combination with dosas,idli,pongal and hence also is known as tifffen sambar. Have a look how to prepare this. - 110.815
Lemon Dal- Indian Food
Yummy Lemon Dal is a simple South Indian lentil dish that tastes great with rice and roti. Lemon Dal is what you may want to make if you or you kids are craving - 96.9047
Moong Dal Ldlis
1. Wash and soak moong dal for whole night.
2. Grind the dal and other spices to fine paste except Eno.
3. Keep it for 5 minutes.
4. Then add Eno and mix gently.
5. Steam them in mini idli stand for 8 to 10 minutes
6. Check by putting tooth pick in the idlis... - 45.8992
You May Also Like!
South Indian Sambhar
One of the most favorite South Indian cusine of mine, Sambhar. Goodness of dal and vegetables in one of the simple yet healthy dish! - 108.441
South Indian Pappu Charu
It is a simple recipe which is a must in every South Indian household. It has a nice tangy flavor to it and can be prepared with various vegetables in order to make it a more healthy dish. - 46.8264
Traditional South Indian Dishes - Sambar
Make simple instant sambar that goes well with most South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli, Vada and Dosa. It is also a traditional accompaniment in a complete south indian meal to steamed rice.
Sambar is a vegetable stew or chowder based on a broth made... - 118.584
Paruppu Vadai/ Masal' Vada - South Indian Style Lentil Fritters
1. Soak the chana dal in water for 2 hours.
2. In a blender, add the soaked chana dal, red chilies, salt and little water for grinding. Grind them coarsely and not into a paste.
3. In a bowl, remove the batter from the blender, add in... - 97.4741
Sambhar / Indian Curry
Learn how to make this delicious and healthy South Indian curry using Lentils (urad/arhar/toor dal) and vegetables. This curry soup is best enjoyed with Dosa (dosai), Idlis or rice. You can store it in fridge for upto 5 days or freeze it for upto 3 months. - 98.411
Crispy Paper Dosa By Tarla Dalal
Crispy paper dosa is a super-star whose fame has carried it from south india to the most famous restaurants all over the world! as the name suggests, this dosa is golden brown, crispy and so thin that a huge dosa can be made with just a ladle or two of... - 132.698
Innovative Idli For Breakfast
Idli is a delicious breakfast recipe of India, but what if while taking a bite you are pleasantly surprised. Yes, stuffed idli is something which will surprise everyone in your family on breakfast table. - 32.0545
Nalgari ( Sambhar ) Making Made Easier
If you are a sambhar lover, try this variation of the popular south Indian lentil curry, with the goodness of root vegetables, that gives the dish more substance. Watch the video to learn how to make this spicy, nutritious curry that goes so well with rice,... - 97.9494
Medu Vada & Mysore Bonda - Urad Daal Vada
1. Wash and soak the rice and dal in water for a couple of hours.
2. After a couple of hours, drain (saving very little water as needed for the grinding process), in a grinder (juicer) grind the rice and dal to a thick and fine consistency... - 107.093