- » South American Snack
South American Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of south american snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for south american snack recipes.
Fajita Nachos with Guacamole is a quick and easy snack idea, perfect for a game day or a party. Get the recipe from this video and try out this flavorful and crunchy bite recipe. - 129.83
Pimento Cheese Sandwiches & Bacon,basil & Tomato Sandwiches
If you are not a cook and still wish to host a party, here is a recipe that requires no heat, yet it’s a staple that would be filling and it’s easy to make. Chef Scott is at his sister's place and he is showing Traditional Pimento Cheese Sandwiches recipe... - 119.161
Betty's Very Southern Cornsticks Or Cornbread
For a cornbread that is unsweetened and can be made in a snap, tune into Betty’s cornbread recipe. In this video, Betty shows how to make the delicious cornsticks that makes a fantastic side to any barbecue dish. Hot out of the oven, this wonderful skillet... - 118.18
Duck Breast With Beer-onions And Cheese Sandwich
Do you love trying out different kinds of sandwiches? Here is a video-recipe showing you how to sear duck breasts. The ingredients also include delicious onion rings flavored with beer and melted cheese!!! This is one sandwich to be tried!! - 111.671
Grilled Tasso Ham Stuffed Jalapenos
Stuffed jalapenos are a favorite with all, here is an excellent way to make them. Look at this video that shows an outstanding recipe for bacon wrapped tasso ham stuffed jalapenos. Watch the impressive video to make this incredible recipe to please your... - 111.335
Fresh Salsa And Fried Tortilla
Karen share’s this recipe which she got from her catering chef at her work. When see a bowl of freshly fried tortillas you instantly look for another bowl of salsa. These two are just meant to be together! Home fried tortilla stay crispy which is a good... - 108.217
Betty's Traditional Southern Divinity
1. Place a small saucepan on low heat, add sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water in it. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook for 15 minutes or until the syrup reaches 248 degree F on a candy thermometer. Remove saucepan from heat and set it... - 105.515
Fond of experimenting with flavors? This dish is a must try out for you. Watch the video to learn a simple way of preparing this innovative snack using shark meat. Don't give it a miss. - 100.36
Frito Pie - Copykat.com
If you want to make a quick snack just get the Fritos from the super market and make this yummy recipe. Find out the tricks behind this simple and ever munching snack. - 89.5226
Cheese Onion Empanadas And Tortillas
We always fall short of delicious snack ideas. Watch this interesting video that shares excellent recipe for cheese onion empanadas and tortillas. Take a look to amaze your family and friends with these wonderful snack treat. This recipe is definitely a crowd... - 88.9525
Have you ever tried homemade corn bread? Here is an excellent recipe for corn bread that is super easy and great with a cup of tea or coffee. Watch this interesting video that shows this unique recipe for corn bread. Impress your guests with this delicious... - 86.4851
Empanadas With Lasagna Stuffing
If you have some leftover lasagna then use it as a stuffing to made delicious empanadas. Watch this impressive video that presents an excellent recipe that would definitely be a favorite. Surprise your family and friends with this super delicious treat and... - 85.5333
Homemade Biscuits Southern Style
Want to learn a super tasty homemade biscuits recipe? Watch this chef prepare these amazing Homemade Biscuits Southern Style now. Surprise your family with this delicious recipe today. - 82.06
Pan-fried Crab Cakes
As an appetizer, dressed up or dressed down, crab cakes are a versatile part of Southern food. Start with a base of crabmeat and a binder and find your favorite way to serve them with our crab cake recipes. This could be the perfect snack for any afternoon... - 74.4836
Brazil Nut Cookies
1) Preheat oven to a temperature of 400°F (200°C).
2) Take a bowl, mix the sugar, and butter creaming them until fluffy and light.
3) Add the vanilla and egg, beating them well.
4) Add the orange and lemon rinds along with the orange juice and... - 48.473
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Sieve well and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine lard, anise seed and sugar. Mix well using a whisk.
4. Add eggs and... - 48.2385
Layered Brazil Nut Bars
Blend butter, 1 cup flour, and 1/4 tea spoon salt.
Press firmly into greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (375°F.) for 15 minutes.
Beat sugar into eggs.
Add remaining salt, 1 cup nuts, the coconut, and vanilla.
Spread evenly... - 48.1084
Brazil Nut Sugar Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend butter and sugar will to make it creamy and light.
3. Put eggs and vanilla in the mixture and stir.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
5. Put the flour mixture into the creamed... - 47.95
Brazilian Orange Cake
Cream butter, add sugar, and beat until fluffy.
Add rind and beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
Add orange juice and water alternately with mixed and sifted dry ingredients.
Fold in egg whites.
Spoon into 2 greased paper-lined 9-inch layer-cake pans.
Bake in... - 45.2844
1. In a non-stick skillet sauté the pork for about 8 minutes on a medium flame until meat has evenly browned.
2. Add onion and chilies to the skillet and sauté along with pork for another 5 minutes.
3. Further, add the peppers and spices, blend in,... - 43.7876
Brazilian Meat Turnovers
1) Thaw the pastry.
2) Roll out to a rectangle 8 x 16 inches.
3) Cut into eight 4 inch squares.
4) Preheat oven to 400°.
5) Peel and finely chop the onion.
6) Grind or coarsely process the bacon.
7) Shell and coarsely chop the hard-cooked... - 43.7786
Get ready to be stupefied by the irresistible and addictive taste of Sopapillas. This fried pastry which is fried and served with a sweet accompaniment such as jam or honey. This is a great snack. A little time consuming, so plan ahead for this one! - 43.4221
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Cream together the Spry, white and brown sugars.
Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
Add coconut and oatmeal; mix well.
Chill; then make into balls size of English walnut.
Bake 12 to 15... - 43.3816
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Take a mixing bowl and sift the salt and flour into it.
3. Create a depression in the center and break the egg over it.
4. Add half of the liquid into it and whisk the batter using a wooden spoon... - 42.8452
1. Crumble the compressed yeast and put it, or the dry yeast, in a bowl. Add the honey and, while stirring, pour in the buttermilk. Continue to stir until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Mix in 2 cups of the flour, the baking soda,... - 41.3493
Onion Flavored Hush Puppies
1. In a large mixing bowl or a basin, combine corn meal, baking powder, salt, pepper and onion.
2. In another bowl or measuring jar, combine egg and oil. Whisk well with a wire whisk or fork.
3. Add the beaten egg and oil emulsion into the corn meal... - 41.2656
Vol Au Vent Of Chicken
Dice the celery, one of the onions, 2 cloves of garlic, and the thyme.
Boil these, with the young hen, in water to cover, until the hen is tender.
Boil the chicken slowly; quick boiling will toughen the meat, but slow boiling tenderizes it.
It should take... - 41.0609
Brazil Nut Triple Layer Bars
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. With wooden spoon, thoroughly blend butter with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup flour. With spatula, press mixture evenly into greased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, into eggs, blend brown... - 40.9587
Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
1) Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2) Make a coarse meal mixture by mixing together baking powder, flour, sugar, soda and salt.
3) Pour buttermilk and stir the mixture until the dry ingredients become moist.
4) Place the dough on a lightly... - 40.8359
Put sugar, milk, margarine and cocoa into pan and bring to boil.
Cook 1 minute only; remove from heat.
Add peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla.
Drop by teaspoon on wax paper.
Let stand 1/2 hour until dry.
Yields 4 dozen. - 40.7422
Cheese And Green Chile Dip
1) The oven is pre-heated.
2) Tortilla chips are placed on cookie sheets.
3) They are then placed in the hot oven, to warm.
4) Chopped onions, tomato and green chilies are simmered in a frying pan for about 5 minutes. Ensure the flame... - 40.4973
Sour Cream Rhubarb Squares
Preheat oven to 350°.
In small bowl mix granulated sugar, chopped walnuts, melted butter or margarine, and ground cinnamon till crumbly; set aside.
Cream together brown sugar, shortening, and egg.
Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together thoroughly; add to... - 40.3261
Double Crust Taco Squares
Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
Add taco seasoning mix, preparing according to package directions.
Unroll 1 can of rolls onto a lightly greased baking sheet; press perforations together to make a 13- x... - 40.2998
Brazil Nut Tartlets
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
You'll need 12 tartlet pans, 2-tablespoon capacity each.
Roll out the pastry so that the sheet is the size of a page of typewriting paper and cut it into 12 squares.
If necessary, roll each square a bit larger to fit the... - 39.2004
Brazilian Nut Cookies
Heat oven to 375° (quick mod.).
Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting.
Stir dry ingredients together.
Add other ingredients except nuts; mix vigorously until well blended.
Stir in nuts.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 3" apart on lightly... - 38.0976
Scrape each onion half into the meat until you can't hold the onion any more. (Do not put chopped onions into the meat merely the juice and scraped pulp.)
Cut the garlic cloves into large pieces and count the pieces before you add them to the meat, as they... - 38.0406
1) Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2) In warm water, mix the yeast.
3) Stir it into buttermilk, blend well and set the mixture aside.
4) Mix sugar and flour.
5) Cut in the shorting until the mixture becomes coarse.
6) Pour buttermilk... - 36.282
Brazil Nut Coffee Cake Bars
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Into bowl sift flour with baking powder, 1 cup sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon; add butter, shortening, whole egg, and egg yolk. With mixer at low speed (or with spoon), mix well. Turn into ungreased 15 1/2-by-10... - 36.1303
Cream the butter and cheese together until well blended.
Stir in the flour and chives and mix with a fork until well combined.
Roll the dough into a ball and wrap in cling film.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Roll out to a 5 mm (1/4 inch)... - 35.3517
Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits
Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits has a lovely taste. Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits gets its taste from flour mixed with milk, garnished with sugar and salt. Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits is served with tea all over the world. - 34.703
Chile Cheese Puff
1. Coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Layer green chiles, mushrooms, and onion in casserole; set aside.
2. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor... - 34.5152
Latin American Hot Dogs
Prepare Hot Black Beans, Pickled Cabbage, Fresh Tomato Relish, and Guacamole.
To heat tortillas, sprinkle each one with a few drops of water.
Stack tortillas, wrap in heavy-duty foil, and bake in a 350° oven until tortillas are warm Let guests cook their own... - 33.35
Whipping Cream Biscuits
1) Make the oven ready at 450 degrees.
2) Mix together all the ingredients and form a stiff dough.
3) On a lightly floured surface, place the dough.
4) Knead the dough for some 10 to 12 times.
5) Roll out the dough keeping a 3/8-inch... - 33.1936
Wild Rice And Bean Patties
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Place soya beans, fresh coriander, spring onions, ginger, cumin, ground coriander and turmeric into a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer mixture to a bowl,... - 33.1383
Hot Muffins is easy to make recipe. Hot muffins get its taste from flour mixed with eggs and milk. Hot muffin is inspired by many bakeries around the world. - 33.0435
Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits
Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Add buttermilk, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
(Dough will be sticky.) Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface,... - 31.7052
Spiced Brazil Nut Chips
To prepare the chips, cover shelled Brazil nuts with 2 c water; add the baking soda, and simmer 2 min.
Remove skins while warm, then slice in half lengthwise.
Add the 1 1/2 teasp water to the egg white, then roll the sliced nuts, a few at a time, in this... - 31.6402
Corn Muffins has a fine taste. Corn Muffins gets its taste from cornmeal mixed with flour, milk and eggs. Corn Muffins is inspired by many bakeries around the world. - 31.4167
Cream butter and powdered sugar, adding just enough orange juice until creamy.
Add balance of orange juice, chopped nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs.
Roll into balls, then roll balls in coconut or chopped nuts.
Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate.
Makes about... - 31.3885
Brazil Nut Triple Layer Bars
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend butter to a creamy texture. Add salt and flour and blend well.
3. Take a 7 X 11 X 1.5 inch oblong pan, spread the mixture and using a spatula, press to the bottom.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5.... - 30.9555
Chocolate Brazil Nut Cookies
1. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
2. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, cream butter with salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Add egg; beat well.
3. Blend in vanilla and chocolate. Mix in flour, then nuts, until well blended.
4.... - 30.4934
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until whites are thick and foamy.
Gradually add sugar, beating constantly.
Continue whipping until whites are stiff enough to hold high peaks that curl downward.
Force meringue through a pastry bag fitted with a fancy tip... - 30.198
Corn Cakes is easy to make cake recipe. Corn Cakes get its taste from cornmeal mixed with flour and sugar. Corn Cakes are cherished by many food joints around the world. - 28.7822
Latin American Hot Dog Roast
This menu requires little attention from you after the guests arrive.
You can make the black beans, pickled cabbage, tomato relish, and guacamole ahead of time; shortly before the party begins, arrange sausages, warm tortillas, and embellishments at one end... - 26.4068
Chive Cheese Balls
Divide cream cheese into 30 equal pieces.
Separate biscuits and cut each into thirds.
Wrap a cube of cheese inside each piece of dough, forming a small ball.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until lightly browned. - 23.135
1. In a bowl mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In another bowl whisk together egg and milk. Followed by onion mix well.
3. Mix dry and wet ingredients together, until smooth.
4. In a pan heat the oil at 300... - 0
Southwest Ballistic Burger
1. Preheat your grill to high.
2. Marinade bacon with chipotle adobo sauce and crisp it on grill. Flip occasionally.
3. Divide meat into two equal half and roll it into patties.
4. Pour little butter on grill and place patties on it.... - 0