- » South American Fish
South American Fish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of south american fish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for south american fish recipes.
How To Make Baja Fish Tacos
Are you looking for the recipe of a great party treat? These baja fish tacos are just perfect for any type of party or gathering. Grill the fish after marinating in spices and let your guests help themselves to assemble the tacos with their choice of... - 129.816
Being a very popular dish in coastal region of South America, Ceviche is quite simple to make. Serve it as a seafood appetizer or as a side salad dish. Take down the recipe!! - 112.189
Sancocho De Cabeza De Pescado
1. In a large mixing bowl, add fish head, and fish chunks.
2. Drop lime and garlic. Rub to coat well. Set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. Chop tomatoes, and reserve the juice.
4. Place a large pot on medium high flame and heat... - 103.77
Latino Style Tuna Salad
Impress your guests with an elegant and appetizing tuna salad. Watch this excellent video that shares an awesome salad recipe. Take a look at this amazing video and enjoy a satisfying healthy meal with your family and friends. - 84.7691
Ron Don With Fish
If the weather's fine, enjoy this classic meal at the beach, in the park, or just in your backyard. With Ron Don, this will make your taste-buds tingle in this delicious fish dish. Start the week off on the right foot with this super-healthy fish dish! - 70.5761
Salt Cod, Chickpea, And Potato Soup
1) In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil, over medium heat.
2) To the hot oil, add the garlic.
3) Saute it, stirring often, for a while.
4) Stir in the onion, and saute it, until tender.
5) Then, add the potato, and saute for a minute.
6)... - 47.5918
Sea Fish Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With half the pastry, line a pie plate of 8 inches.
3) With the butter, cream, milk and cornstarch, make a sauce.
4) Remove sauce from the heat and add the egg which has been beaten... - 47.276
Baked Eggplant With Shrimp Or Tuna Fish
Baked Eggplant With Shrimp Or Tuna Fish has a lovely taste. Baked Eggplant With Shrimp Or Tuna Fish gets its taste from eggplant cooked with bread, cheese and seafood. Baked Eggplant With Shrimp Or Tuna Fish is recipe for special occasions. - 46.9098
1) Make out 1- x 1/4-inch strips from the fish.
2) Place inside a glass or earthenware bowl, but not metal.
3) Pour in 3/4 cup lime juice to cover the fish.
4) Place inside the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours by covering with a... - 46.3382
Quick Seafood Gumbo
1) Use non-stick vegetable spray in a skillet.
2) Add the onions, pepper and celery and saute till clear.
3) Add defatted beef broth, water, tomatoes and okra and simmer till done.
4) Add crab meat and shrimp and season with red pepper and salt.
5)... - 45.6303
Fresh Fish Cakes
Cover the fish with milk or milk and water (the amount will depend on the size of your fillets).
Add a little seasoning and poach until only just cooked.
Peel and boil the potatoes (or do the reverse).
Dry over a low heat for a few minutes, mash then beat in... - 45.0159
Fillet fish (or have it done at the fish market), reserving all trimmings.
Wrap fish fillets and refrigerate.
Place trimmings in an 8-quart kettle; add water, clam juice, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil over high heat; then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1... - 44.7452
1) In a non-metal dish, place the cubed fish.
2) In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, Tabasco sauce, pepper and garlic.
3) Over the fish cubes, pour this mixture.
4) Refrigerate, covered, for 24 hours.
5) After 24 hours, add all other ingredients... - 44.2316
Basic Fish Chowder
In a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook salt pork, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp.
Spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 5 minutes).
Stir in potatoes, clam... - 44.0101
Pickled Fish With Chile Peppers
1) In a bowl, fish is marinated with lemon juice and covered.
2) The marinated fish is chilled in the refrigerator for many hours. The fish needs to be turned a couple of times.
3) Around 20 minutes before cooking, the fish is taken... - 43.7022
Fish Chowder For 4
Fish Chowder has a great taste. Fish Chowder gets its taste from fish mixed with milk and pork. Fish Chowder is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 43.3575
Chinese Blackened Fish
Combine marinade ingredients in a glass baking dish.
Add fish, turning to coat both sides.
Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 4 hours.
Combine blackened seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
Lift fillets from marinade, drain briefly, and pat... - 43.357
Sok And Green Tomatoes In Cornmeal
1) Rinse and pat dry sole.
2) Preheat oven to warm.
3) Take a deep flat dish or pie pan and beat eggs. Now add tarragon to eggs.
4) Take another dish and mix cornmeal, peppercorns and cheese.
5) In a cast iron skillet, heat 1... - 43.1855
Halibut Mixed Grill
1) Light coals in the grill about 30 minutes before cooking.
2) Clean halibut and dry it. Cut it into two fillets.
3) Clean the tomatoes, peppers and chilies. Apply oil on them and grill them on coal until they care blackened.
4)... - 43.1183
Fish And Shellfish
Fillet the pompano.
Save the bones and the cleaned heads.
Parboil the fillets 8 to 10 minutes in a small amount of water.
Remove the fillets, and simmer the bones and cleaned heads in the same water.
Strain and set aside the water for use as stock in the... - 42.9818
Clarita's South American Fish
Make court bouillon by bringing to a boil 2 1/2 pints water, and 1/2 bottle dry white wine.
Chop and add 2 carrots and 4 sticks of celery.
Add 6 sprigs parsley, tied together, 1 bay leaf, 1 onion studded with clove and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Continue to boil 10... - 42.1305
Fish With Sour Cream
If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
Pat fish dry with paper towels; arrange in ungreased oblong baking dish, 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inches.
Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in margarine until mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes.
Spoon mushroom... - 41.1609
1) Marinate fish in a bowl, soaked in lime juice. Cover and keep aside in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
2) In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients except avocado. Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
3) Combine... - 40.687
South American Mackerel
Slash the mackerel in several places on both sides.
This will help the flavourings to penetrate the flesh.
Mix the onion, garlic, chilli, pimientos, passata and olives together and spoon on to the centres of six large squares of oiled foil, shiny sides... - 40.672
Build a campfire and allow it to burn down to glowing coals.
In shallow bowl, combine seasoning ingredients.
Place cast-iron skillet on cooking grate over campfire.
When drop of water flicked onto skillet dances across it, skillet is hot.
Dredge... - 39.7145
1. Rinse the fish steaks and pat them dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Mix together the paprika, thyme, cayenne peppers, black and white peppers, salt and allspice in a shallow dish.
3. Place the butter and oil in a small saucepan and heat, stirring... - 39.2279
Blackened Fish Fillets
This is best with a firm fish such as salmon, swordfish, monk fish, etc. but almost any fish can be used.
1. Mix dry ingredients on large plate.
2. Melt butter in heavy skillet. Pour into a 9 x 12 pan.
3. Dip each fillet in melted butter (in the 9 x 12 pan)... - 39.1008
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
In nonmetal bowl cover fish with lime juice.
Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight or till fish is opaque, turning occasionally.
Add onion, peppers, oil, salt, oregano, and pepper to fish.
Toss gently to combine;... - 38.9704
Fast Fish Chowder
1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and onion, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut the fish into... - 37.6177
Brazilian Lime Fish Stew
“This is one of my favourite fish dishes - a wonderful combination of Brazilian ingredients where the flavours work perfectly together. The lime added at the end gives it a wonderful zesty finish and really lifts the dish. You can use any type of fish but... - 35.8273
Broiled Sea Bass With Candied Tomatoes And Seared Escarole
Preheat the broiler.
Brush the fish with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a broiling pan and broil until golden brown and just cooked through the center, approximately 4 minutes per side.
Cooking time will vary depending... - 35.0869
Chilean Fish Casserole El
1. Slice the mackerel fillets crosswise into 1-inch strips. Put the flour on a plate or a sheet of wax paper, and coat the strips completely. Shake off any excess flour.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 1 1/2-quart flameproof casserole over moderately... - 34.9276
Tossed Salad has a great taste. Tossed Salad gets its taste from fish mixed with vegetable. Tossed Salad is cherished by many food chains all over the world. - 34.2676
Broiled Green Trout Amandine
Salt and pepper the fish well, insert a piece of butter or margarine inside it, and be sure the broiler pan is heavily greased under the fish to prevent sticking.
Dot the fish with butter or lay a couple of slices of bacon over it.
Broil under a low flame so... - 31.3378
Place scallops in simmering water, cover, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain and put in shallow bowl, cover with lime juice, and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, combine scallops with remaining ingredients and mix well. - 30.6546
Speckled Trout Amandine
The trout may be deliciously fried if it is first soaked in a small quantity of milk.
Slice 2 cloves garlic and add to the milk about 1/2 hour before adding the fish.
Flavor the milk with salt, pepper, and a small onion, scraped.
After soaking, the fish... - 28.3038
Blackened Fish With Salsa Verde
1. Sprinkle fish on both sides with seasoning.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the fillets and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer to plates.... - 26.2866
Fried Tenderloin Of Trout
Wash the fish, salt and pepper the pieces, and roll them in corn meal or fish fry meal.
Fill a frying pan half to capacity with cooking oil or lard.
Let the oil get hot but not smoking.
Fry the fish until brown and serve immediately with Tartar Sauce. - 25.3944