- » Somen
Somen are one of the varieties of noodles made of wheat flour and are very thin. These noodles are very popular in Japan and are made by stretching. The texture of these noodles is similar to angel hair pasta and ... More »
1. Place a sauce pan on heat, boil water, and drop somen noodles in it. Leave the oven on high, and cook for 4 minutes stirring continuously.
2. Remove from oven and rinse noodles with very cold water.
3. For sauce, in a bowl, add water, mentsuyu,... - 112.63
Summer Somen Noodles
1. Trim the caps of the okra and remove the firmer skin between the cap and pod.
2. Scrub the okra with salt and boil in hot water for about 30 seconds.
3. Remove the okra and dip into ice water. Remove the excess water with paper... - 106.983
Another Somen salad recipe for summer with mushroom,eggplant, green pepper and garlic tops. - 102.243
Making Bite-size Somen Noodles
Sōmen (素麺) is very thin Japanese noodles made of wheat flour. The noodles are usually served cold in summer with a dashi flavored tasty dipping sauce called Mentsuyu (めんつゆ).
Topping ingredients are optional, so you can skip them, but the easiest... - 99.6313
Chilled Somen Noodles
1. Soak mushrooms in 3 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Reserve liquid.
2. Sprinkle chicken fillet with sake and salt. Preheat skillet over medium heat, add... - 43.8541
Cook the somen or noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, or until they are just tender.
Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Transfer to a bowl and put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce.
Put the dashi into a large... - 41.1129
Somen Coated Shrimp
Thaw shrimp, if frozen; shell and devein shrimp.
Press shrimp between layers of paper toweling to thoroughly dry.
Lightly sprinkle shrimp with salt.
Toss shrimp with cornstarch in a plastic bag, half at a time.
Dip each shrimp in egg white; roll in noodles,... - 33.8335
Somen And Cucumber Soup
1. Cook noodles.
2. Peel and seed cucumber. Cut crosswise into thin slices.
3. Bring bonito stock to a boil. Add salt and soy sauce. While stock is heating, preheat soup bowls, place cooked noodles in bottom of bowl, and distribute cucumber rounds on top. Add... - 26.919
Somen Recipes By Category