- » Soft Puri
Soft Puri Recipes
Enjoy our collection of soft puri recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for soft puri recipes.
Cut 2 tablespoons shortening into 2 cups sifted all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add 1/2 cup shredded process cheese.
Stir in enough water (1/2 to 2/3 CUP) to make soft dough.
Knead on floured surface about 10 minutes.
Let rest 10 minutes.
Roll very... - 26.8626
Cut shortening into flour and salt.
Stir in water to make soft dough.
Turn out on floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
Let rest 10 minutes.
Roll very thin on lightly floured surface to a 16xl0-inch rectangle.
Cut in 2 1/2-inch... - 30.4366
Wheat Flour Masala Puri
Sift the flour and salt into a deep bowl and make a well in the centre.
Mix in the onion seeds, the red and green chillies, coriander and bicarbonate of soda.
Gradually pour in sufficient water and, using your fingertips, mix to form a soft dough.
Wipe the... - 43.1445
Maharashtrian Masala Puri
Breakfast and snacks in India are no less spicy and flavorful refreshingly tasty. Check out chef Madhura showing how to make Masala Puri with puris or whole wheat deep fried small flatbreads with masala mix or spicy mixture. Great evening snack! - 115.843
Baked Palak Methi Puri
These baked palak methi puris are nutritious and healthy and nutritious flat breads that can be served as a meal with a side. Prepared with a batter of millet flour, wheat flour and flavored with ginger and green chilis and fenugreek leaves, the baked palak... - 39.5483
1. Sieve flour. Mix oil. Add water and salt and prepare a medium stiff dough. Knead well. Set aside for at least half an hour.
2. Knead dough again till soft.
3. Divide into even sized balls.
4. Roll out to 0.2 cm. (1/16") thickness and 5-10 cm. (3" - 4") in... - 35.7209
Soak the dhal for an hour or two.
Then boil in four cups of water with the green chilli.
When soft, drain and place on the fire again to dry completely.
Add the ground spices to the dhal and grind it.
Divide it into ten portions.
Mix half a teaspoon of salt... - 42.7994
Puff Puris (pooris) - Indian Bread
If you're looking for the recipe of the Indian fried puri, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make puff puris. They can be served with chhole curry or any other curry. They look so yummy and tempting. So don't forget to check out the video. - 94.9167
1. Sieve flour, rub in the fat.
2. Add salt and water and prepare a soft dough. Set aside for half an hour.
3. Knead well.
4. Divide into even sized balls.
5. Press the centre of each and put in prepared gram mixture. Close the opening well.
6. Flatten and... - 46.1769
1)Clean and wash the dal.
2)In a deep saucepan, add dal and water, turmeric and salt. Cover and cook it on medium heat for 30 minutes.
3)In a bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix water and make soft dough.
4)Divide the dough into 8... - 49.2278
Sabudana puri is a popular and delicious vegan, fried snack made of Sago. It is eaten by Indian women who fast during the festival of Navratri,which marks the onset of autumn and is celebrated in different ways all over India. It is a festival of worship,... - 48.8887
Pooris can be made in 2-3 different types. - 40.8765
Sift the flour into a deep bowl.
Make a well in the centre and add the salt, oil and bicarbonate of soda.
Stir in the measured water and, using your fingertips, gather in all the flour to form a soft pliable dough.
Heat the oil in a karahi or deep... - 39.4546
Khasta Kachori And Chaat - Dal Puri Or Daal Poori
Anyone fond of Indian snacks, should surely try this recipe. It's so appetizing and your family and guests will love it. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well and patiently. This is a famous Indian snack. Don't forget to watch the video for the recipe of... - 102.84
Tea Time Puris
Pakwaan is a common indian snack made with refined flour kneaded with ghee and deep fried. In india pakwaan are often served with evening tea or as snacks. - 26.646
Deep fried pancakes made with all purpose flour. - 24.3396
Place whole-wheat and white flour in a bowl.
Pour the oil over it.
Slowly add up to 1/2 cup water and mix until all the flour adheres and you can knead it.
(You will probably need a little less than 1/2 cup water.) Knead it well for 7 to 8 minutes.
Form into... - 39.6168
Sieve both the flours together, into the shallow plate.
With the water, knead the dough.
The method is the same as for a normal chappati (see introductory section).
Keep the dough aside for a few hours before you use it.
Into the pan or karhai, pour the... - 34.1724
These delicious Indian fenugreek flatbreads are a wonderful and tasty treat! - 30.3993
Fried Wheat Poori
Circles of Delight …an amazing video to prepare crisp and golden Indian bread with wheat. This involves simple steps of mixing the basic dough and kneading well – there is no big secret to it – yet it makes for extremely tasty and mouth-watering... - 131.321
Sweet Potato Basundi
Scald milk and reduce to two-thirds.
Add grated sweet potato, sugar, cardamom, nutmeg and almond powders and cook over a slow fire until thick and creamy, stirring from time to time.
Pour into a bowl.
Sprinkle nuts and chill.
Serve with soft puris. - 34.4812
1. Peel the potatoes, boil and mash.
2. Sieve the flour, add mashed potatoes, salt and enough water to form a soft dough.
3. Keep aside for half an hour.
4. Roll out puris of 6" diameter.
5. Fry them in hot fat like puris and serve hot. - 25.929
1. Grill or burn the eggplant on the gas until soft. Peel, wash and mash.
2. Add 1 chopped tomato and blend in a mixer until soft.
3. Place the mixture in a serving bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. - 33.5731
Fried Indian Whole Wheat Flour Bread
1. In a large work bowl, sift flours and salt.
2. Add the oil and water to the flour and use your hand to bind the flour and form dough.
3. Transfer to a work surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and pliable.
4. Return to... - 42.5621
This is a religious sweet dish normally an offering to lord Ganesh. - 40.8858
Crispy Gujia/indian Festival Snack
* Mix maida, semolina, 3 tablespoon of oil/ghee and little bit of water to knead into a soft dough. Cover it and keep it aside for 15-20mins
* Now heat pan in a low flame and add dry fruits, khoya, sugar and mix them well until... - 42.9123
1. Prepare soft dough first and keep aside.
2. Grind chana dal coarsely, adding very little water in a mixer. Add jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, garam masala and salt and let the mixer run for 3-5 minute as it will add some air to batter... - 35.5634
Stuffed Mutton Rolls
Beat the escalops or fillets thin and flat, and cut in squares.
Chop the trimmed-off edges of the meat with an equal quantity of bacon and uncooked ham, add a little of the soft bread, the egg, the chopped garlic, shallots and parsley, and season with salt... - 24.1304
Poach the fish in Court Bouillon for 15 minutes.
Skin and bone it, mash up the fish carefully, mixing with the bread previously soaked in milk and pressed out again.
Add the puree of potatoes, season, bind with yolk of egg, a whole egg, and then a white of... - 28.6304
Poach the eggs in water to which a little vinegarâ€”but no salt â€”has been added.
As soon as they are done, put them in cold water.
Fry the chopped onion and shallot in oil in a small pan.
Do not let them brown; as soon as they are soft add the... - 35.9933
1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
2. Slice onions and green chillies.
3. Heat fat. Saute onions, green chillies and potatoes. Add turmeric and continue frying for a few minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and enough water to cook potatoes.
5. When... - 38.7295
Papeta Nu Salnu
Boil potatoes with turmeric powder and salt till done.
Heat fat in a large frying pan and add mustard seeds.
When they start spluttering, add curry leaves and onions.
Saute till onions are soft.
Add chillies, potatoes and one cup water.
Adjust... - 41.273
Stir Fried Mushrooms
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onions and the fennel seeds for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
Add the peas, garlic, turmeric, green chillies, chilli powder and salt and stir-fry over a medium heat for another 3 minutes.
Add the freshly chopped... - 36.0649
make smooth dough using the wheat flour and salt with few drops of oil.make small puris taking lemon size ball of the dough and rolling it out.
Pressure cook dal till soft and make paste out of it by grinding.Heat a heavy bottom pan add in the dal,jaggery... - 34.6741
Ragda Patties Chowpatty Style
1. Soak the white peas overnight. Or if you are in hurry, soak them for 4 hours in hot water. Wash and add some salt and water. Pressure cook till soft.
2. Dip bread slices in water for just a moment and squeeze them to remove excess water. Mix them with... - 47.956
Maharashtrian Puran Poli
Scrumptious, mouthwatering and irresistibly delicious Maharashtrian Festive sweet. It just melts in your mouth! - 115.201
Tasty Puran Poli
Scrumptious, mouthwatering and irresistibly delicious Maharashtrian Festive sweet - Puran Poli. It just melts in your mouth! - 127.362
1. In a small bowl add tamarind with 1 cup water and keep it soaked for 5 minutes. Extract the pulp.
2. In a frying pan dry roast coconut and grind to smooth paste.
3. Add onion, ginger, garlic and chillies. Grind coarsely.
4. In a pan boil drumsticks... - 43.9223
Kombdi Vade / Chicken Malvani
Kombdi Vade or Chicken Malvani is a non-vegetarian dish, which is quite popular in Maharashtra. The dish consists of the traditional Malvani chicken curry (including chicken pieces with bones), vade (like a puri, which is a fluffy, fried bread of wheat and... - 46.5264