- » Soft Dumpling Stew
Soft Dumpling Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of soft dumpling stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for soft dumpling stew recipes.
Dumplings For Stew
1. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In cup, combine milk with salad oil; slowly stir into flour mixture just until mixture forms soft dough (stir as little as possible).
2. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto chicken, meat, or vegetables... - 25.5674
Stewed Chicken With Parsley Dumplings
1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
2. In a paper bag, shake the chicken vigorously with the flour to coat the pieces evenly.
3. In a heavy 4- to 5-quart casserole or Dutch oven at least 10 inches in diameter, heat the oil over... - 43.8954
Veal Stew With Dumplings
1. Coat veal cubes lightly with flour. Shake off excess flour.
2. Heat salad oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal and cook, turning often, until browned on all sides. Add onion and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
3. Add soup mix, water and... - 40.3602
Meatball Stew With Spinach Dumplings
1.Mix egg, crumbs, and garlic salt and beef; mix well.
2.Shape meat mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
3.In 12-inch skillet heat oil and brown the meatballs.
4.Add onion; cook for about 5 minutes; drain off the fat.
5.To the skillet, combine cheese soup... - 44.9098
Meatball Stew With Dumplings
Mix ground beef lightly with chopped onion, 4 tablespoons parsley, egg, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and mustard until well blended.
Shape into 36 meatballs.
Brown half at a time in salad oil in a kettle or Dutch oven; remove with a... - 41.6404
Lamb Stew With Dumplings
Coat the lamb cubes with the seasoned flour.
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Add the lamb cubes and brown on all sides.
Add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
Stir in the bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, stock and tomato sauce.
Bring to the boil,... - 43.3485
Beef Stew With Dumplings
Mix together the flour with salt and pepper in a polythene bag.
Add the beef cubes and shake to coat them all with the flour.
Mel: the butter with the oil in a frying pan.
Adc the onion and fry until it is soft but not brown.
Transfer the onion to a casserole... - 45.8364
Brown Stew And Dumplings
1. Ready the vegetables: Using a knife, cut carrot and turnip thinly, or dice them. Cut onion into thin rings.
2. Using a knife trim the meat free of fat. Chop into 1 inch pieces.
3. Heat saucepan or stewpan and melt the drippings.
4.... - 42.4071
Vegetable Stew With Dumplings
Heat oil in a pan and fry onion.
Cook for two to three minutes on medium heat.
Blend together water and cornflour.
Add cornflour and rest of the ingredients to cooked onion.
Cover and let it simmer for five minutes stirring occasionally.
Add more warm water... - 46.5398
Spring Lamb Stew With Mint Dumplings
1. Trim the meat.
2. Take a large heavy kettle or Dutch oven, brown a few pieces of meat at a time in few fat trimmings.
3. Remove meat from the heat and keep it aside.
4. Add onion and sautÃ© until golden. Return meat to kettle and add boiling... - 45.7667
Chicken Stew With Dumplings
1. Arrange chicken in a 13" x 9" x 2" oblong baking dish, with meatier, thicker portions toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at Time Cook (power level 10) for 15 minutes,... - 33.3869
Microwaved Chicken And Dumpling Stew
1. Arrange chicken in a 10-inch round baking dish, with meatier, thicker portions toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at Cook Cycle 1 (power level 10) for 19 minutes. Drain... - 34.6911
Easy Drop Dumplings For Stew
Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
Cut in short- ening until mixture is of cornmeal consistency.
Add milk; mix lightly until soft dough is formed.
Drop from teaspoon into boiling stew.
Cover tightly; cook without removing cover for 12 minutes. - 27.858
Dumplings For Stew
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Combine butter and milk, and add to flour mixture, stirring lightly just until all flour is dampened (add a little more milk, if necessary, to form a soft but not runny dough). Drop small amounts from spoon onto... - 16.2394
Dumplings For Stew
1.In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together
2.Using a pastry blender, cut in butter
3.Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough
4.On a well-floured board, turn out the mixture and roll about 1/2 inch thick
5.Cut into small squares, drop in... - 33.6824
Beef Stew With Parsley Dumplings
Heat the drippings or oil in a large stew pan or casserole and brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, turning the pieces of meat over so that they brown evenly and well.
Add the sugar.
As the pieces of meat are browned, remove them from the pan and keep... - 45.6272
Cider Beef Stew With Dumplings
Trim the beef and cut into 2-5 cm (1 in) cubes.
Toss in seasoned flour.
Melt the fat and fry the meat until well browned then transfer to an ovenproof casserole.
Fry the onion and celery gently for a few minutes in the same fat then stir in 1 x 15 ml spoon (1... - 39.8548
Chicken Stew With Cornmeal Dumplings
1. Wash chicken; drain. Shake pieces, a few at a time, in mixture of flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper in a paper bag to coat well.
2. Brown slowly in salad oil in a large heavy frying pan; remove. Add onion rings, saute until they are soft.
3. Return... - 31.7556
Italian Spinach Dumpling Stew
In large skillet, brown ground beef in oil; drain.
Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, dressing and water; mix well.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer while preparing dumplings, stirring occasionally.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In... - 44.3298
Meat Ball Stew With Dumplings
1. Mix ground beef lightly with chopped onion, 4 tablespoons of the parsley, egg, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and mustard until well-blended; shape into 36 balls.
2. Brown, half at a time, in hot oil in a kettle or Dutch... - 33.8466
Beef Soup With Liver Dumplings
Beef Soup With Liver Dumplings has a grand taste. Beef Soup With Liver Dumplings gets its taste from beef mixed with white bread and eggs, flavored with parsley. Beef Soup With Liver Dumplings is inspired by many food joints all over the world. - 41.6612
Philadelphia Pepper Pot Dumplings
Philadelphia pepper pot dumplings is a flour and milk dumplings reicpe. Prepared with shortening and seasoned to taste, the philadelphia pepper pot dumplings can be used in soups and stews of choice too. - 28.4438
Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Rub butter in lightly with the fingertips.
Beat egg and mix with parsley and milk.
Add egg mixture to flour and mix to a soft dough.
Scoop out dough with a wet tablespoon and drop quickly on top of abubbling stew.
Keep... - 30.1993
Dappled Dumpling Fricassee
Combine chicken, 4 cups water, onion, celery and leaves, carrot, salt, and pepper in large kettle or Dutch oven with tight-fitting cover.
Cover; heat to boiling, then simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Remove from broth; cool slightly; slip... - 42.0224
Chicken With Parsley Dumplings
1)Choose a saucepan,and heat enough water to boil carrots,salt,onion,celery and chicken.
2)Reduce to simmer till chicken is tender.
3)Remove the chicken from broth and keep aside.
4)Strain this broth and add water to make 3 cups.
5)Put the broth back... - 46.4114
1. In a bowl blend together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Then stir in 1/2 cup milk, approximately and drop by spoonful over hot stew or soup.
3. With cover let it simmer 15 minutes without lifting lid.
4. Serve immediately.
To drop... - 34.2704
Mix biscuit mix and salt.
Combine egg and milk, add to dry ingredients all at once, and stir lightly and quickly with a fork to form a soft dough.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on top of just boiling stew or soup.
Simmer, uncovered, over low heat 10 minutes,... - 29.6542
Dappled Dumpling Fricassee
Combine chicken, 4 cups water, onion, celery and leaves, carrot, salt and pepper in large kettle or Dutch oven with tight fitting cover.
Cover; heat to boiling, then simmer 1/2 to 2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Remove from broth; cool slightly; slip off... - 41.5536
Chicken & Dumplings
1. To a large Dutch oven, put in the entire chicken. Cover it with water and add the parsley sprigs, celery, carrot, onion, the 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and bring this mixture to the boil. Simmer this for 2-21/2 hours... - 43.046
Sift dry ingredients; add soup and water to make a soft dough.
Drop by spoonfuls into boiling stew; cover tightly and cook 10 minutes without raising cover - 20.2189
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and sift together.
2. Cut in the shortening or margarine, then add the milk and stir quickly to form a soft dough.
3. About 15 to 20 minutes before the stew is done, drop the dough by spoonfuls on top of the stew. It... - 26.7526
Grandma's Best Dumplings
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
Gradually add the milk until a light soft dough is formed Drop into a stew or fricas in small spoonfuls.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
Do not uncover during the simmering... - 26.4457
Little Dumplings With Bacon
Put about 5 oz.
of flour into a fireproof dish.
Stir in gradually I egg, add a pinch of salt, then a little warm water to make a smooth, soft paste.
Make this paste into little dumplings and poach them, a few at a time, in boiling water.
They are cooked when... - 27.0104
Irish Beef With Dumplings
1) Take dripping in a wok and fry bacon till golden brown.
2) Shift the content to a large saucepan.
3) Fry the meat in the remaining fat in frying pan. Shift the contents to the saucepan.
4) Cover the top of the meat with vegetables. To it add salt,... - 44.6189
Combine chicken, celery, onion, bay leaf, peppercorn, salt, bouillon and water in 4-quart casserole or Dutch oven.
Microwave, covered, 24 minutes on high, stirring once.
Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 cup water.
Stir into chicken... - 36.8582
Philadelphia Pepper Pot
Philadelphia pepper pot is a tripe and veal knuckle recipe prepared with vegetables. Herbed and spiced with cloves, allspiced and red pepper, the philadelphia pepper pot is a mixed stew like recipe and can be served over rice. - 45.049
Best Oxtail Seasoning
1. In a large bowl add in the oxtail and oxtail seasoning. Massage with hands and pour in the soy sauce mix again and set aside.
2. In a food processor add in the scallion, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet pepper, and thyme. Blend for few... - 0
Veal Stew With Tomatoes And Green Peppers
1) Take a heavy 4- or 5-quart saucepan and melt lard in it over medium heat.
2) Add in onions and garlic and sautÃ© them for 8 to 10 minutes until the onions are lightly colored.
3) Take them off from heat and mix in paprika, stirring continuing... - 42.6316
French Canadian Chicken Stew
Wash chicken; put in 8-quart saucepan.
Cover with water; add onion and bring to a boil.
Salt and pepper to taste; simmer until done.
Remove chicken from pan; remove skin and bones.
Return meat to pan.
Add bouillon cubes, poultry seasoning, carrot and... - 41.5588
1.In a a pan, put chicken, onion, celery tops, salt, pepperr and 1 cup of water.
2.Cook for 30 minutes until the chicken is soft.
3.Take the leftover 1/2 cup of water, mix flour into it.
4.Transfer the flour mixture to the pan and cook until the gravy... - 41.9696
Continental Beef Bounty
1 Saute onion slices in shortening until soft in a large frying pan; lift out with a slotted spoon and place in a 12-cup baking dish.
Brown sausages in drippings in pan; combine with onion.
2 Trim any fat from beef; cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
Shake with... - 43.4568
Boiled Salt Beef And Onions
Tie the meat into a neat shape.
Put into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Add peppercorns, cloves and herbs tied together in a small piece of muslin.
Cover pan and simmer for If hours.
Add carrots and onions to pan and simmer for... - 48.0572
Brown Chicken Fricassee
1 Shake chicken pieces, a few at a time, in mixture of flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper in a plastic bag to coat well.
2 Brown chicken slowly in oil in a large skillet or an electric slow cooker with a browning unit; remove and reserve. Add onion... - 33.7402
1. Trim any fat from beef; cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Shake with flour, salt, chili powder, cumin and pepper in a plastic bag.
2. Melt enough fat trimmings in a kettle or Dutch oven to make 2 tablespoons drippings. Add beef, part at a time, and brown; stir... - 37.4909
Brown Chicken Fricassee
Wash chicken; drain.
Shake pieces, a few at a time, in mixture of flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper in a paper bag to coat well.
Brown slowly in salad oil in a large heavy frying pan; remove.
Add onion rings, saute until they are soft.
Return chicken... - 39.7333
Skin the tomatoes, and cut the unpeeled young brinjals into dice.
Slice the peppers after removing the core and seeds,and chop the onions.
Saute the onions very gently in plenty of oil.
When soft add the peppers and after 10 minutes add the brinjals.
Cook... - 27.7798
Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the meat.
Transfer to a casserole.
Saute the vegetables in the butter in the frying pan and add to the meat.
Stir in the stock and season well.
Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Meanwhile make the dumplings by... - 44.5157
Rich Gulab Jamun
Gulab jamuns are dumplings stewed in sugar syrup. This rich Indian sweet dish is prepared during all Indian festivals. It is high in calories and fat content. - 0
Continental Beef Bounty
1. In a frying pan, saute onion slices in shortening till soft; lift with a slotted spoon and add to a twelve cup baking dish, brown the sausages in the drippings and add with the onion
2. Trim the fat from the beef and cube it; add to a paper bag with... - 45.208
1 Trim any fat from the beef; cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
2 In a paper bag,shake the beef cubes with flour, salt, chili powder', cumin, and pepper.
3 In a kettle or a Dutch oven,melt enough fat trimmings to make 2 tablespoons drippings. Add beef cubes,... - 43.7597