- » Soda Bread
Soda Bread Recipes
Soda bread is a type of quick bread which is made by using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) as the rising agent instead of the traditional yeast. The ingredients that are generally used while making the bread is ... More »
Soda Bread With Raisins
Awesome is the word to describe it, easy, delicious. This video prepares an Irish soda bread with caraway and raisins. Though, traditionally raisins and caraway is not used but it certainly adds an extra flavor to the bread. It is best eaten freshly baked and... - 128.665
Eggless White Soda Bread
Potatoes are particularly interesting when served along with a good savory bread. Watch chef Ginny Mc Cormack showing how to make Crusty White Soda Bread using simple and common ingredients in easy steps. Great when had with Irish butter. - 112.17
It is not easy to find a good recipe for a few typical dishes like soda bread. This video recipe shows an age old and time tested soda bread made by Nana, which looks delicious and tastes wonderful too. If you like soda bread you should definitely give it a... - 87.9066
Irish Brown Soda Bread
Looking for an easy way to bake brown soda bread at home? Tired of store bought bread that doesn't quite make the cut? Then you must watch this video and learn to bake fresh, yummy bread at home. Watch to know more! - 78.9909
Grandma Clark's Soda Bread
Grandma Clark'S Soda Bread has a different taste. The baking soda and currants gives the Grandma Clark'S Soda Bread a yummy taste. - 46.1463
Solar Cooked Whole Wheat Soda Bread
Bread made with flour and yogurt is healthy! Its baked in the solar cooker to yield the same result as that of a conventional oven. Watch this video for more! - 44.883
Maureen's Soda Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease a small cookie sheet.
3. In large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
4. With a pastry blender or fork cut in softened butter until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
5. Add... - 44.8213
Soda Bread With Raisins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease a baking sheet.
In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Stir in raisins and candied fruit.
In a mixing bowl, beat buttermilk with oil until blended.
Stir in flour mixture; beat until a soft dough... - 43.7925
Whole Wheat Soda Bread
Sift together flour, sugar, soda and salt.
Place in a large bowl with the whole wheat flour.
Make a well in the centre and add the buttermilk.
You may need to add more than 2 1/2 cups.
Mix enough to make a soft elastic dough.
Knead it lightly... - 43.6558
New England Soda Bread
1 Using oil, grease two 1-1/2-litre (1 1/2-pint) round ovenproof moulds or pudding basins and set aside.
2 Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°c / Gas Mark 2)
3 In a bowl, rub the soaked bread through a fine metal sieve uing the... - 43.1223
Quick Soda Bread
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Sift the salt, 81% flour and baking powder together and then add the sugar as well as he wholemeal flour. Mix properly.
3) Gradually add the milk, a bit at a time, and stir till a light... - 42.7188
Double Raisin Chocolate Cinnamon Soda Bread
Preheat oven to 325°.
Grease a 7-inch cheesecake pan.
In a large bowl, mix together 4 1/2 cups flour, caraway seed, baking powder, salt, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and raisins.
Add butter or margarine and continue mixing until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Add... - 42.7182
Whole Grain Soda Bread
1. Place the wheat berries in a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of boiling water and set aside to soak 1 hour, or until soft.
2. Place the raisins in another small bowl, add hot water to cover and set aside to soak.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°.
4. Lightly spray a... - 42.5782
Whole Wheat Currant Soda Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Grease a small cookie sheet
3. In a large bowl, tip in the all-purpose flour, baking powder, soda and salt and mix well
4. Add the whole wheat flour and currants and mix well with a fork till well... - 42.2947
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Oil 8-inch round baking dish.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium mixing bowl.
Add buttermilk, egg and Crisco® Oil.
Stir with fork until ingredients are moistened.
Stir in raisins.
Pour into... - 42.2158
1. Preheat oven
2. Prepare baking sheet by dusting with flour
3. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with your fingertips. Mound the flour in the center of the table and then nake a well in the centre and pour in... - 42.0477
Soda Bread With Raisins
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add the raisins, caraway seeds, and milk.
Mix the dough... - 41.9648
In a large bowl, mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add buttermilk and stir only enough to moisten dry ingredients.
With floured... - 41.6352
Five Grain Soda Bread
In bowl, combine all-purpose, whole-wheat, rye and graham flours, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in margarine until well mixed.
Stir in raisins (if using), add buttermilk and stir to make soft dough.
Turn out onto lightly floured... - 41.5339
Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is well blended to a coarse grainy texture.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
Thoroughly mix in milk and egg.
Set into lightly greased 2... - 41.4232
Soda Bread Using Buttermilk
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
2) In a mixing bowl, sift the dry ingredients together and rub in the fat.
3) Pour the buttermilk, mix to form a soft dough, then turn over a floured surface, knead and halve the... - 41.1137
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
Work in the butter with your fingertips.
Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk.
Mix to form a spongy dough.
Turn the dough out... - 40.3814
Whole Wheat Soda Bread
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Spray a cookie sheet with no-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Make a well in the center of the mixture.
In a small bowl, lightly... - 40.2658
Cinnamon Soda Bread
Soda Bread is easy t make. Soda Bread gets its taste from flour mixed with oats and walnuts. Soda Bread is cherished by any around the world. - 39.4807
Brown Soda Bread
This soda bread is healthy and tastes really good! The texture is moist and chewy, and it feels like an authentic Irish soda bread. - 39.1331
Lemon Apricot Soda Bread
Combine first 6 ingredients; make a well in center of mixture.
Combine buttermilk, apricots, margarine, egg, and lemon rind.
Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loafpan... - 38.6454
Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk.
Stir the flour in from the side and knead lightly until smooth.
Divide the dough in half and shape into 2 rounds.
Place on a greased baking sheet and mark each round... - 38.2449
Crusty Brown Soda Bread
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/ Gas 5.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, tipping any bran from the flour back into the bowl.
3. Rub the butter into the flour mixture, then add enough buttermilk or milk to... - 37.2402
Orange Wheat Germ Soda Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the wheat germ, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins, and orange rind.
3. Add the oil, buttermilk, and orange juice.
4. Turn into an oiled 1 & 1/2-quart casserole.
5. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a... - 37.1639
Olive Soda Bread
1. Place butter, sugar and egg in a food processor and process until smooth. Add wholemeal flour, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and milk and process to form a soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead in olives. Shape... - 36.9046
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. Stir in the buttermilk and mix until dry ingredients are just moist.
4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 2 minutes. Shape into a... - 35.5422
Wholemeal And Oat Soda Bread
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the milk and water to make a dough which will hold its shape for a few minutes before starting to spread.
Working quickly, form the dough into a round shape, cut a cross over the top, then put it on to a floured... - 34.3793
Honey Wheat Soda Bread
Honey Wheat Soda Bread is so tasty that I can savor an entire loaf up in an instant. It was a friend of mine who sent me this Honey Wheat Soda Bread recipe. Very nutritious! - 33.9952
Bacon And Beer Soda Bread
1. Dry-fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the beer, oil and cooled bacon and work the ingredients together to form a soft dough. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough... - 33.1363
Brown Soda Bread
Sift white flour, salt and soda into a bowl.
Add the whole meal flour.
Make a well in the center of the flour, and pour in all the milk.
Mix to a loose dough, adding more milk if necessary.
Turn onto a floured board, and knead until the side next to the board... - 32.5598
Sunflower Soda Bread
In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, sunflower seed, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Add buttermilk and egg; beat until dough is thoroughly moistened and stretchy, about 2 minutes.
Spoon dough in 2 equal mounds, each on... - 32.5473
Sage Soda Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the sage and add enough buttermilk to make a soft dough.
3. Shape the dough into a round loaf with your hands and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
4. Cut... - 32.4362
Sage Soda Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C/Gas 7. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Stir in the sage and add enough of the buttermilk to make a soft dough.
3. Shape the dough into a round loaf and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
4. Cut a deep cross... - 31.3445
Rub butter into flour.
Add salt and soda, mix well.
Add the buttermilk and stir into soft dough with a wooden spoon.
With floured hands knead lightly into ball and turn out on a lightly floured baking sheet.
Flatten dough into a circle (about 1 1/2 inch... - 30.8071
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. Flour a baking sheet. Sift all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and make a small well in the centre.
2. Add the buttermilk and mix quickly to a soft dough. Turn on to a floured surface and knead lightly.... - 29.5076
Country Herb Soda Bread
Place the flours, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl and mix well together. Rub in the butter. Stir in the onions, celery and herbs. Mix the milk and lemon juice together and stir into the dry ingredients. Knead lightly on a floured surface to a... - 28.4989
Brown Oatmeal Soda Bread
Into a large bowl sift together 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt and stir in the whole-wheat flour and 1 cup of the oats.
Add the buttermilk and the egg and stir the mixture until it forms dough.
Turn t - 27.6217
Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large, warmed bowl.
Add the milk or buttermilk and mix to a smooth dough.
Shape it into a large, deep circle.
Transfer to a well-greased baking sheet, then cut a deep cross in the centre.
Put the baking... - 23.8616
Soda Bread Recipes By Category