- » Smoked Ham Shank
Smoked Ham Shank Recipes
Enjoy our collection of smoked ham shank recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for smoked ham shank recipes.
Place ham in crock pot.
Add seasonings and pour in water.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 12 hours. - 24.7562
Smoked Ham And Lentil Soup
1. Sort the beans, rinse under water and drain. Keep aside.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, add all the soup ingredients.
3. Bring the contents to boil.
4. Decrease heat; cook under cover for 1 hour until lentils are soft and tender, but not... - 47.1615
Hickory Smoked Fresh Ham
Soak 3 handfuls (about 5 oz / 155 g) of hickory chips in water to cover for about 1 hour.
Prepare a fire for indirect-heat cooking in a covered grill .
Position the grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) above the fire.
In a small bowl, stir together the salt,... - 43.8628
Hickory Smoked Ham With Maple Mustard Sauce
Soak wood chunks or chips in water; drain.
If using a canned ham, scrape off any gelatin.
If using another type of fully cooked ham, such as a bone-in shank, trim most of the fat, leaving a 1/8-inch layer. (The thinner the fat layer, the better the glaze will... - 33.5207
Baked Beans With Ham
Cover beans with water, bring to boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
Cover pan and let stand for 1 hour.
Add onion and salt; cook until tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups liquid.
Mix liquid with ketchup and next 4 ingredients.
Put... - 44.5476
Combine all ingredients in crock pot; stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 16 hours (on high setting for 4 to 6 hours). - 31.3479
Hearty Ham & Bean Soup
Combine all the ingredients except carrots in a large heavy saucepot; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until beans are almost tender, about 2 hours.
Stir in carrots; cover and simmer until beans and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour... - 36.8661
Ham And Vegetable Soup
Place ham shanks, carrots, celery, onion and water in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat starts to fall off the bones.
Add potatoes and vegetables; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and... - 39.2169
Beans And Ham Soup
1) The night before preparation, measure the beans and put them in a slow cooker.
2) Add three times as much water as the beans.
3) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW overnight.
4) The next day, drain away the water, if any.
5) To the cooker, add all the... - 45.1734
Strawberry Glazed Ham
Strawberry glazed ham is a fruited ham recipe. Made with strawberry and mustard blend cooked slightly, the strawberry glazed ham is baked in the oven to prepare. Brushed and flavored with the strawberry glaze with a hint of lemon, the strawberry glazed ham... - 34.8071
Easter Special Baked Ham
Baking ham for Easter and would like to make it truly special? Then this simple dish will surely delight you. Betty teaches you to make a delectably make-ahead baked ham recipe served with sweet and savory glaze. Ideal for feeding a crowd, this dish also... - 101.288
Brown Sugar Honey Crusted Ham
Remove skin and excess fat from ham.
Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Brush honey all over ham.
Combine brown sugar and next... - 37.0937
Peach Glazed Virginia Ham
Heat oven to 325°F. Remove skin from ham; trim off any excess fat. Score fat 1/4 inch deep in 1-inch diamonds. Place ham, fat side up, in roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of ham, not touching the bone. Bake 1-1/2 hours until... - 38.2916
Schnitz Un Gnepp
1. Put the dried apples in a medium-size bowl. Pour in the boiling water, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and set the apples aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the ham in an 8-quart stock-pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat.... - 33.5762
Hoppin' John 'n' Ham
1 Soak the peas overnight in water to cover generously (about 6 cups); drain.
2 In a 6-quart pressure cooker,combine peas,ham,onion,salt and pepper. Add 3 cups water,making sure that all the peas are covered.
3 Secure the cover and cook... - 43.2194
Braised Ham Hock Lentil Soup
Those looking for an easy, comforting winter soup, watch Chef John’s version of simple lentil soup braised with smoked ham hock. Its definitely more than just a lentil soup. If you’re new to soup making, this is a great one to start with since it’s... - 103.327
Lentil Soup With Ham
Trim excess fat from ham shank.
In large kettle, combine ham shank and lentils with 5 cups cold water; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet.
Add celery, leek, onion, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Add... - 38.7642
Ham In Puff Pastry
1. Visit the nearest meat shop and ask the butcher to bone part of the ham. Instruct him to leave the end bone just to make carving easier.
2. Wash and rub the ham properly and position in a large kettle.
3. Pre-heat the oven at... - 41.6288
Winter Green Minestrone
In an 8- to 10-quart pan, combine water and ham hocks.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender when pierced (about 2 hours).
Then lift out ham hocks and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Pull meat from bones in... - 46.1506
Sort peas and discard any debris; rinse well and drain.
Set peas aside.
Heat oil in a 6- to 8-quart pan over medium heat.
Add turnips, carrots, bell pepper, and chiles; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add ham hocks, peas, and water.
Increase heat to high... - 41.6072
Honey Baked Ham
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the ham, fat side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Using a small sharp knife, score the fat into diamonds and stud with the cloves. Pour 1 inch of hot water into the pan and bake, uncovered, 1/4 hours for a 12-pound... - 27.7611
Ham Poached With Hay
The day before serving, prepare the ham by sawing off the knuckle end of the shank bone and removing the pelvic bone.
Soak the ham overnight in cold water to cover.
The following day, put the ham in a large pot, cover it completely with fresh cold water, and... - 32.9795
According to the size of the ham, it will need seven to eight hours of slow cooking in unsalted water to cover, without letting the water boil.
Keep the temperature about 180° F. [85° C.].
In general, the cooking time is 20 to 25 minutes to the pound [1/2... - 24.5984
Garbanzo Bean Soup
Heat water and beans to boiling in Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add ham shank, onion, garlic, bouillon, salt, pepper and red pepper to beans.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until beans are almost... - 40.8011
Prepare Chicken Broth.
Heat oil in a large saucepan.
Add parsley and garlic.
Saute over medium heat.
Before garlic changes color, add pancetta.
Saute until lightly browned.
Stir in cabbage.
Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Add remaining vegetables to... - 43.5809
Serbian Beans (pasulj Prebranac)
This is a national dish amongst Serbians. The beans used are a sort of yellow bean that has a buttery texture, but if you can't find them in a Blakan market, never mind. You can use Peruanos available in Mexican markets or a mixture of various beans. - 46.3825
Split Pea Soup
Place the split peas in a 2-quart saucepan with enough water to cover the peas by 2 inches.
Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and rinse the split peas.
In a heavy pot, heat the oil and saute the... - 43.5884
Microwaved Split Pea Soup
In 3 qt glass casserole combine all ingredients.
Microwave (high), covered, 10 minutes.
Reduce to medium (50%) for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Rest, covered, 10 minutes.
Test for doneness.
Adjust seasoning. - 28.5232
Hearty Bean Soup
1. In a 5 quarter slow cooker add parsnips, carrots and onion.
2. Place beans on top.
3. Add water, ham, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
4. Cook covered on high for 6-7 hours until beans are done.
5. Let it cool.
6. Remove the meat... - 49.0728
Split Pea Soup
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Take a 3 qt. glass casserole and combine all ingredients in it.
3) Cover the casserole and Microwave (high) for 10 minutes.
4) Reduce the temperature to medium (50%) for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10... - 41.5568
Chorizo Garbanzo Stew
1. Soak beans in the water overnight in a covered pan; rinse and set aside.
2. In a saucepan combine beans and the water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat.
4. Cover and let it stand for 1 hour; do... - 46.5112
Lamb And Lentil Soup
1. Rinse lentils and set aside for later use.
2. In a large saucepan combine together pork hock, onion lamb shanks, garlic, salt, pepper and water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Remove lamb shanks and pork... - 46.5859
Sauerkraut Soup (kapusniak)
Cook pork sharks in water in a 5 quart kettle 20 minutes.
Skim off foam.
Add onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, and parsley.
Cook about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
Remove meat from broth.
Strain broth; return to kettle.
Remove meat from bones; discard... - 42.274
Tuscan Bean Soup With Spinach
1. Rinse beans. In a 4 1/2- or 5-quart Dutch oven, combine beans and 6 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Or place beans in water in Dutch oven. Cover and let soak in... - 35.7539