- » Smoked Chowder
Smoked Chowder Recipes
Enjoy our collection of smoked chowder recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for smoked chowder recipes.
This Confetti Chowder tastes fabulous ! Try this smoked sausage links and vegetables soup and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this confetti Chowder are welcome ! - 38.722
Smoked Haddock Chowder
1. Wash and finely slice the white of leek.
2. Wash and finely dice the celery.
3. Peel and finely dice the shallot.
4. Remove any rind from the bacon and cut the bacon into small dice.
5. Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes and cut into small... - 89.275
Smoked Salmon Chowder
In a medium skillet cook the bacon, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
Add the onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the flour, stirring briskly to blend.
Add the potatoes and fish stock.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the salmon, cream, butter, salt,... - 41.4163
Smoked Fish Chowder
1. Combine butter, potatoes, onion and garlic in a large bowl, cover, cook on HIGH for six minutes. Stir once during cooking.
2. Stir in tomatoes and liquid. Add lemon juice, tomato paste, chilli sauce, stock, basil and peppercorns, cover, cook on HIGH for... - 32.2913
Smoked Haddie Chowder
In a medium saucepan, blanch salt pork 5 minutes in boiling water to cover.
Drain; cut blanched salt pork into 1/4-inch cubes.
In a large kettle, brown salt-pork cubes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
Add onion, celery and carrots.
Saute until... - 45.427
Sweetcorn And Smoked Haddock Chowder
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add in the bacon and cook until it begins to brown
2. Add onions and cook ill softened, pour milk and add in potatoes; allow to boil and then simmer for five minutes
3. Add haddock and leave to cook for ten... - 37.8712
Smoked Kippered King Salmon Chowder
1. Saute bacon in a large pot with onions, celery, carrots, green onions and parsley. Add pepper, dill, stock and potatoes; simmer until tender.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter until bubbly. Stir in flour and cook over low heat for 1 -2 minutes. Stir into... - 33.4954
1. In a pan cook onions, celery and potatoes in very little water until just tender (5 to 10 minutes boiling).
2. With scissors snip bacon in small pieces and fry not crisp.
3. Drain off fat, add to vegetables, add milk and bring to a simmer but do not... - 41.6269
Bratwurst Potato Chowder
1. In a large saucepan combine together water and the potatoes from the scalloped potato mix; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and return to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; cover and... - 46.2496
Corn And Potato Chowder
1. Cut corn kernels from the cob using a slicing motion with a kitchen knife. Reserve the cobs, and set kernels aside. In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, render the bacon. (The resulting oil will add flavor to the vegetables as they cook.) Add the... - 30.4722
Haddock And Broccoli Chowder
1. Place the spring onions and potatoes in a large saucepan and add the stock, milk and bay leaf. Bring the soup to the boil, then cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli to the pan. Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks and add to the pan... - 33
Sausage Vegetable Chowder
1. Cut the partially thawed frozen vegetable into bite-size pieces.
2. In a saucepan melt butter or margarine over low heat.
3. Blend in flour, salt, onion powder, dill weed, pepper and all the milk at once.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring... - 45.3917
Authentic & wonderful Clam Chowder recipe with lots of flavours in it.Creamy clam chowder a perfect start for a great meal. - 32.8584
Clam And Mussel Chowder
1. Soak live clams in cold salted water for 3 hours or more but change the water at least twice in the 3 hours.
2. Scrub the shells and remove the beards of the mussels.
3. Dice the bacon and finely chip the onion, garlic, parsley and... - 45.7086
Break claws off lobsters, remove tails and set aside, keeping carcasses at hand to start stock.
Heat oil in a large pot over high heat until it begins to smoke.
Add carcasses and saute until shells turn a deep red, about 4 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, and... - 41.2704
Quick Clam Chowder
1. Put the clams on a baking sheet in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 2-3 minutes, or until they open slightly, then remove them and prise the shells apart. Open the shells over a bowl to catch all the clam juice. Snip off the inedible... - 35.6576
Smoky Corn Chowder
In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender but not brown.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
Add milk all at once.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 1 minute.
Stir in corn, sausage and lima beans.
Reduce heat; simmer 10... - 37.6189
1. Cut sausages into 1-inch thick pieces; brown in butter or margarine in a heavy kettle; remove and set aside. Stir onion into drippings; saute until soft.
2. Stir in mixed vegetables and water; cook. Stir in milk, mustard, salt, pepper and sausages. Bring... - 32.4314
Smoky Corn Chowder
In saucepan cook onion in margarine or butter till tender but not brown.
Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper.
Add the milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
Stir in the corn, sausage, and lima beans.
Simmer 10 minutes. - 37.6
Tomato Seafood Chowder
Cover the well-washed haddock with cold water, bring slowly to boil, then remove and wash again.
Skim off scum from the stock.
Cook onions in a little of the stock until almost soft.
Add potatoes and cook until soft.
Cut tomatoes into eighths, discard seeds;... - 42.276
Seared Cod With Chowder Sauce
1) In a pan, saute the shallot and lardons or bacon in the melted butter for about 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the wine, potato and 50ml water, then cook covered for 10 minutes, stir occasionally until soft.
3) Tip in the clams, cook covered for... - 41.354
Creamy Cod Chowder
1. Skin the fish and put it into a large saucepan with the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Pour over the milk.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked. Do not overcook.
3. Using a... - 35.2855
Sweet Corn Chowder With Pasta Shells
1. Halve the green pepper, then remove the stalk and seeds. Cut the flesh into small dice, cover with boiling water and stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse.
2. Put the potatoes into a saucepan with the sweetcorn, onion, celery, green pepper, bouquet garni... - 40.134
Cheese Bean Chowder
1. In a saucepan mix together the beans, chili powder, milk, un-drained corn, and salt.
2. Cook over medium-low heat till mixture is just thick and bubbly; stirring occasionally
3. Combine the cheese; heat and stir till cheese melts and soup is hot, do... - 36.959
Mussees In Corn Chowder
BRING THE STOCK and wine to a boil in a medium saucepan, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently.
In a large, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium heat, add the flour, and whisk until the flour begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
Whisk in about 1 cup... - 44.0713
Chunky Fish Chowder
1. Fry the bacon in a small skillet over moderate heat until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
2. In a large nonreactive saucepan or casserole, combine the milk and clam juice with 1 cup water. Add the celery, onion, carrot, potatoes,... - 34.4877
Mixed Fish Chowder
1) In a non-stick pan, place the fish, cover with water.
2) Simmer and poach the fish gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
3) Drain the fish and reserving 1 ¼ cups of poaching liquid.
4) Remove the skin and flake the fish.
5) In a fresh pan, saute bacon and... - 46.4001
Bacon Seafood Chowder
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Cut the top off each bread roll, scoop out and discard the centres and place on a baking tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil, butter and fry the bacon... - 47.5357
1. Rinse the haddock with water; remove and discard fins and tail.
2. Cut the fish into large pieces.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. In a saucepan, place the fish pieces and add bay leaf, parsley stalks and the slice of lemon.
5. Add... - 46.7461
New England Clam Chowder
1. Put the clams in a large bowl of cold water and scrub them with a brush. Rinse well. Put the clams in a large heavy pot and cover. Place over high heat and cook until they open, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with tongs; let cool slightly. Reserve 1 cup of the... - 38.185
Irish Seafood Chowder By Good Food Ireland
A classic recipe using the fruits of the Irish Sea by Eugene Callaghan of Kellys Resort Hotel & Spa. The flavours of the fish speak for themselves and only simple vegetables, a splash of white wine, cream and seasoning are all that’s needed to be added... - 0
Cook and stir sausage, green pepper and onion in margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until sausage is brown.
Stir in remaining ingredients; heat just until hot. - 24.4508
Smoky Beef Chowder
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook onion and chopped celery for 2 minutes or till onion is tender and translucent.
2. Stir in flour, salt, basil, smoked beef and all the milk at once; cook and stir till mixture is thick and bubbly.
3.... - 44.0171
New England Clam Chowder
Drain the clams, reserving the juices.
If necessary, add enough water to the clam juice to make 1 cup.
In a medium saucepan, combine the juice mixture, potatoes, onions, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and black pepper.
Bring to a boil, then... - 46.2518
15 Minute Chowder
In a large saucepan combine hash brown potatoes, frozen peas and carrots, bouillon granules, and 1 cup water.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir together evaporated skim milk, cornstarch, and hot pepper sauce.
Add to... - 36.0963
A delicious soup featuring pork roast and an abundance of fresh vegetables. You can switch up your meat choice to customize your dish. Top with bacon, chives or croutons. - 117.721
1. In a large pot or heavy kettle, saute the pork or bacon strips until crisp.
2. Remove to paper towelling.
3. Add onions and butter, and stir until onions soften.
4. Stir in the potato dice.
5. Place the fish pieces in a layer over the potato-onion... - 45.6361
New England Clam Chowder
The New England Clam Chowder has been prepared in the old fashioned manner in your house. If you wish to try a new but not very different style of cooking it, watch this video. - 109.367
The Brooklyn Chowder Surfer, Ben Sargent shares some tips on how to make a proper New England claim chowder - 0
Corn And Chorizo Chowder With Cheddar Corn Muffins
Since the leaves are beginning to fall and the cold wintry nights are beginning to creep in, you are thinking of soup to warm your cold feet and satisfy your growling tummy that seems to be constantly screaming for food! Here is a hearty and nutritious soup... - 117.498
German Sausage Chowder
1. In a saucepan combine water, sausage, potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or till potatoes are nearly tender.
3. Add the cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes or till vegetables... - 45.9925
Smoked Chowder Recipes By Category