- » Small Pastry
Small Pastry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of small pastry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for small pastry recipes.
Plain Pie Pastry Or Short Crust Pastry
1. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until mixture is like cookie crumbs.
3. Sprinkle with ice water, tossing dry mixture with a fork, until about three quarters of the water has been used.
4.... - 22.3312
Plain Pastry(using Cake And Pastry Flour:)
Measure and sift flour and salt into bowl.
Cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles oatmeal, with some pieces slightly larger.
Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Sprinkle over surface of the flour mixture, and mix lightly... - 39.5354
Homemade Paper Thin Spring Roll Wrappers Or Pastry - Samosa Pastry
1. In a small bowl take a mix of water and oil and keep aside, which can be used later for greasing the pan before preparing the pastry sheets.
2. In a mixing bowl take flour, corn starch and salt and mix them together.
3. To this dry mixture,... - 0
YUM and extremely scrumptious, who doen't love this Pastry? One of the most popular desserts for all seasons, this Pastry is a lot satisfying for your taste-buds and is also fun to make! - 27.6396
Apples In Cornmeal Pastry
1. Peel apples and cut crosswise in half. Remove cores. In a small bowl, mix sugar, walnuts, apricots, golden raisins, pine nuts, and butter. Stuff centers of apples with mixture. Set aside, covered.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove one disk of dough from... - 29.1884
Cut margarine into flour, salt and cinnamon until particles are size of small peas.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons water can be added if... - 16.423
Try out this simple, yet extremely scrumptious Cheese Pastry. Perfect to lead the dessert menu in any party. - 28.756
Hot Water Pastry
Sift flour and salt into bowl; make well in center.
Drop in egg yolk; cover with some of flour.
Put lard and water into small pan; heat slowly until lard melts.
Increase heat; bring to boiling point.
Pour all liquid into flour; mix vigorously with wooden... - 26.3628
Salmon In Pastry
Place butter, flour, and milk in a small pan.
Bring to a boil on conventional burner, whisking constantly.
Cook for 2 minutes.
Drain salmon; remove skin and bones.
Stir salmon and remaining ingredients into sauce.
Roll out pastry to a 10inch square and place... - 34.8694
Ham And Mushroom Pastry Slice
This Ham and Mushroom Pastry Slice makes a sumptuous meal ! Garnish this Ham and Mushroom Pastry Slice with your favorite toppings and pour an irresistible savory sauce over it ! Tell me what you liked it best with ! - 38.0237
Baked Vol Au Vent Pastry Cases
Vol-au-vent pastry cases can be easily made at home and filled with a filling of your choice. Simply watch this video to get an idea on how to make these puffy pastry cases and bake them just at the right temperature for the correct duration. While this video... - 95.3834
Pat-a-pie Oil Pastry
Into 8 or 9 inch pie plate, sift together flour, sugar, and salt.
With fork, whip together salad oil and milk; pour over flour mixture.
Mix with fork till all flour is dampened.
Reserve about 1/3 of dough for top crust.
Press remaining dough evenly against... - 29.9339
Mock Puff Pastry
Roll standard pastry into an oblong 1/8 inch thick.
Dot surface with 2 1/2 tablespoons butter.
Roll up as for jelly roll.
Roll out again into an oblong and fold inside to make 3 layers.
Fold in ends the same way, making in all 9 layers.
Wrap in polythene... - 25.8231
Tomato Filled Cheese Choux Pastry Ring
Tomato Filled Cheese Choux Pastry Ring is an amazingly tasty pastry that you will definitely fall in love with! My husband and children finish the whole batch in minutes! Of course, their excuse is that the Tomato Filled Cheese Choux Pastry Ring is... - 42.8827
Set aside fruit filling and icing for another use.
Unroll turnover dough and cut each square into four squares or triangles.
Wrap one of the suggested fillings in each piece oF dough.
Pinch edges to seal.
Bake for 7 minutes at 400Â° F.
Serve hot with Hot... - 20.3323
Short Crust Pastry With Butter
1. Sieve flour and salt together.
2. Cut butter or margarine with a knife.
3. Rub into flour with fingertips.
4. Gradually add enough ice-cold water to make a dough of a rolling consistency.
5. Lightly flour the pastry board and rolling pin. Roll the pastry... - 22.6394
Cut shortening into flour, cheese and salt until particles are size of small peas.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons water can be added if... - 20.9495
Flaky Pastry With Shortening
Combine flour and salt.
Cut in about 1/2 cup of the shortening, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add remaining shortening in several pieces and cut in until mixture is the size of large peas.
Sprinkle with water, a... - 25.5574
Walnut Pastry Crust
Combine the flour, butter, egg, milk, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel chopping blade.
With an on-off motion, process until the butter is the size of small peas.
Add the sugar, salt, and walnuts and process just until the dough... - 41.5271
Yummy Pecan Pastry is an amazing treat! I served it yesterday after a light dinner and my husband loved it. Try this Pecan Pastry and you will understand why. - 31.7386
Lemon Marsala Pastry
1. In a medium bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles corn-meal. Make a well in center.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, and Marsala. Beat with a fork to blend. Pour mixture into well in flour and stir with a fork,... - 23.2608
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Using fingers, work butter into flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Make a well in center. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and water to blend. Pour into well. Using a fork,... - 23.7304
Viennese Apple Pastry
Sift flour and salt into mixing bowl.
Cut in butter until:mixture is the size of small peas.
Sprinkle water, a little at a time, over mixture while stirring.with fork until dough is just moist enough to hold together.
Form into a square Flatten to 1/2... - 38.0851
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
This simple short crust pastry is a delicious mix of flour and butter. Try it out and you will be amazed at the speed at which it gets done! - 31.9031
Danish Pastry Wreath
Beat butter and 1/4 cup flour until smooth.
Fasten a sheet of waxed paper to a smooth surface with a little water.
Spread butter/flour mixture on waxed paper to form an 8 x 12-inch rectangle.
Transfer waxed paper to a cookie sheet and refrigerate.
Warm the... - 38.9369
Quick Puff Pastry Hearts
The way to your loved one's heart is through their stomach, so tempt him/her with these delicious puff pastry hearts! - 135.455
Baked Brie Wria Pastry
In large mixer bowl combine flour, butter and cream cheese.
Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a dough (2 to 3 minutes).
Divide dough in half; wrap in waxed paper.
Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes.
Heat oven to... - 35.3892
Sift flour on to a piece of greaseproof paper. Put water, butter, salt and sugar, if using, into a medium-size saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil (butter must be melted before water boils). Immediately remove from heat, tip in flour all at once and stir... - 25.6329
Microwave Beef In Puff Pastry
– Thaw puff pastry shells. With rolling pin, flatten and shape each into a rectangle, sprinkle a small amount of flour on pastry shell to avoid it sticking to rolling pin.
– Put 1 oz (30 g) pate de foie in the middle of each pastry shell; place filets... - 28.9502
Baked Almond Apples In Pastry
For pastry: Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, lemon peel and salt in medium bowl.
Mix in butter, using fingertips, until mixture is consistency of fine meal.
Add water and gather ingredients into a ball.
Turn out onto counter and do a fraisage (push dough out along... - 42.797
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a... - 86.319
In a large bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of a small pea. (Up to this point, the pastry can be prepared in a food processor fitted with a steel... - 34.1668
Apricot Pastry Pretzels
In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1 egg yolk, sugar and butter to make a dough.
Press dough into a ball and wrap in foil or plastic wrap.
Refrigerate 30 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out pastry dough to a 20x14-inch (50x35-cm) rectangle.
Roll out... - 38.7822
Saucy Mushrooms In Cheese-pastry Shells
Simple yet delicious this Saucy Mushrooms In Cheese-Pastry Shells is more than just a snack; the exciting combination of flavors is sure to leave your mouth watering. Use this quick and easy to make recipe to try your own homemade Saucy Mushrooms In... - 34.9299
Truffle Consomme With Puff Pastry
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a saucepan, add consomme, truffles and sherry. Bring to a simmer on low flame.
3) Pour the consumme into 4 oven-safe bowls.
4) Take the ouff pastry sheet and roll out to get a 1/8-inch thick sheet. Cut 4... - 36.4637
Sour Cream Pastry
Cut margarine into flour and salt until particles are size of small peas; stir in sour cream.
Gather pastry into a ball. - 16.8559
Chicken In Puff Pastry
This is a perfect summer garden party appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time and all of your friends will be asking for the recipe! See more photos at www.Food-Travels.com ! - 49.7792
1. In small mixing bowl combine flour and salt; with pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissors-fashion, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yogurt and mix thoroughly. Form dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at... - 30.4656
Basic Puff Pastry
Place 1 1/4 cups butter in large mixing bowl filled with ice water.
Knead with hands until but ler has consistency of soft dough and is free from lumps. (You will have to remove your hands from the icy water several times during kneading process.)
Place... - 36.0336
Choux Or Eclair Pastry
Boil together in a saucepan 3/4 of a glass of water, or of water and milk mixed, a pinch of salt, 2 oz.
of butter and 1 tablespoon-ful of sugar.
As soon as boiling point is reached, sift in 5 oz.
of flour, stirring continually with a wooden spoon.
The mixture... - 24.2382
Press-in Butter Pastry
Mix flour and sugar together.
Add butter and crumble it into the flour with your fingers until mixture is mealy in texture and there are no large particles.
Stir in the egg yolks with a fork until well blended, then work dough with your hands until it holds a... - 29.5428
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a clean bowl.
2. Cut the butter and lard into small pieces and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fats into the flour until it forms the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. Break the egg into a small jug and beat... - 73.9545
Cheese Pastry Turnovers
Cream butter and cheese.
Work in flour and milk.
Roll as for pastry, then cut in rounds.
Put small spoonful red currant jelly on one half circle and fold over.
Press edges together and bake until lightly brown.
About 12 minutes at 350 degrees. - 27.475
Spanish Style Chicken Pies With Laurel Leaf Pastry
Prepare Basic Tender Butter Pastry substituting sweet pickle juice for 2 tablespoons iced water.
Add oregano to liquid, if desired.
Chill pastry until needed.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Saute chicken until well-browned.
Remove... - 42.5461
Mix the milk, water, butter, salt and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add the flour in one go and stir in with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, stirring each one well in.
Preheat the oven to... - 35.193
Chocolate Choux Pastry
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), gas mark 5.
Mix the milk, water, butter, salt and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
Add the flour and cocoa in one go, stirring in with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a... - 36.9057
Ham In Puff Pastry
1. Visit the nearest meat shop and ask the butcher to bone part of the ham. Instruct him to leave the end bone just to make carving easier.
2. Wash and rub the ham properly and position in a large kettle.
3. Pre-heat the oven at... - 41.3144
Pastry Appetizer Variations
CHEESE-ONION PASTRIES: Center a 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/8 inch cheese slice on crust and top with a small pickled or cocktail onion.
CHEESE-OLIVE PASTRIES: Prepare same as Cheese Onion Pastries and substitute a stuffed olive for onion.
GINGER HAM PASTRIES: Spoon 1/2... - 17.1221
Sour Cream Pastry
Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Add the butter and cut it into small pieces with a knife.
Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk with the sour... - 32.0942
Plain Pastry are the reason behind the success of my brothers pastry shops yummy pies. This brilliant Plain Pastry recipe is sure to serve you well. Try it! - 40.3092
Nectarine Puff Pastry Tarts
1. Lightly butter a large baking sheet and sprinkle very lightly with water.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle, measuring about 40 x 25cm/15 x 10in and cut into six smaller rectangles.
3. Transfer the pastry to the... - 35.0933
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
Cut the fats in small pieces then rub into the flour with the tips of the fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add enough water to mix to a firm dough.
Roll out thinly on a floured board and use as... - 21.3921
Savory Pie Pastry
You can either use the same method as for Sweet Pie Pastry, adding the water with the egg, or use the following method.
Sift the flour into a large bowl and form a well in the center.
Place the butter or margarine, 1 egg and salt in the well.
Work all the... - 35.0633
Orange Flavored Pastry
Mix flour, orange peel and salt; cut in shortening until particles are size of small peas.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl. - 17.9018
Slim Pastry Cream
1) In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup skim milk.
3) In an airtight jar, shake 1/4 cup skim milk and cornstarch together, or whisk together... - 37.7483
Sugar Crust Pastry
Sugar Crust Pastry is easy to make recipe. Sugar Crust Pastry gets its taste from eggs mixed with flour and flavored with vanilla, topped with sugar icing. Sugar Crust Pastry is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 26.7848
Creamy Wasabi Pastry Puffs
If you love your Japanese food, then you are simply going to love this unique dish. Wasabi cream rolled into a puff pastry makes for delectable bite. In case, you are in a mood of experimenting with Asian cuisine, you can try preparing some of these wasabi... - 94.7291
Soda Water Pastry
Grate butter into flour, mixed with salt and cream of tartar.
Mix with sufficient soda water to make a soft dough.
Dough can be used immediately, or wrapped and kept in the 'fridge.
It will keep for a week.
OR Cut 1 lb.
butter into 1 lb.
flour, sifted with a... - 31.5032
Cut shortening into flour and salt until particles are size of small peas.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons water can be added if... - 26.3757
Stir flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt together; cut in shortening till pieces are size of small peas.
Gently stir with fork till moistened.
Form into a ball.
Flatten on lightly floured surface.
Roll 1/8 inch thick.
Fit pastry into 8-inch pie plate;... - 28.6528
Pastry Wrapped Olives
Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well.
Shape dough in a strip and cut in 25 small pieces.
Put an olive in center of each and cover completely with dough, rolling in hands.
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with poppy seed.
Put on ungreased cookie sheets... - 24.0942
Stars Sweet Pastry Dough
Stars Sweet Pastry Dough! This brilliant recipe is the secret behind my addictive pie and tart preparation. After all without good pastry dough, one cant prepare delicious pastry. So here is the Stars Sweet Pastry Dough recipe!You don€™t want ot loose out... - 35.901
Rich Pie Pastry
Sift flour with salt into a bowl.
Cut butter into flour until in small pieces and well coated.
Then rub in with the fingertips until mixture looks like crumbs.
Make a well in the center and add sugar, if using, egg yolk, and 3 tablespoons water and stir to... - 30.0804
Rich Pie Pastry
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and add the butter.
Cut it into small pieces with a knife, and then lightly work it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
Add the egg and water mixture and mix it in, adding a... - 24.644
Short Crust Pastry
Short Crust Pastry is a crust used for tart or pie. The all purpose flour with salt, lard and butter make the Short crust pastry a perfect base of pie. - 31.4509
1. Cut margarine into flour and salt until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle water in, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons water can be added if necessary).
2.... - 28.0295
Jelly Pocket Pastry
Want to give a surprise treat to your kids, this recipe is a must-try for you. In this video, the chef delicately handle the pastry sheet to fill with any type of jelly and place it in the oven. Once ready, it is going to be the best snack time you have ever... - 107.643
Stir together flour and salt; cut in shortening or lard till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork.
Push to side of bowl.
Repeat till all is moistened.
For single-crust... - 30.8101
Pastry Chef Tarts
PREHEAT oven to 425°.
Combine pie crust mix with egg.
Add just enough water to form dough.
Form 2 to 3 tablespoons dough into a round.
Press each round onto bottom and sides of each 3- to 4-inch tart pan.
Pierce pastry several times with fork.
Place on... - 37.0136
1. Into a large mixing bowl or basin, sift the flour with a pinch of salt and cayenne..
2. Cut the butter or margarine into small cubes and cut into the flour, with two palette knives or rub into the flour with your fingertips, until the mixture gets a... - 39.1181
Rich Pie Pastry
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut the lard into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture... - 36.8778
Sweet Short Crust Pastry
1. Sieve flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut butter into small cubes, add sugar to the flour, and mix with your finger until the mixture resemble crumbs.
3. Add egg yolk and mix well. Sprinkle little water if needed.
4. When mixture no longer sticks to your... - 34.6684
Rich Pie Pastry
Place flour and salt in processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
Cut shortening and butter in 1/2-inch chunks and distribute over flour.
Process until fat particles look like small peas (8 seconds).
Measure water into a cup, turn motor on again, and add water... - 31.4179
Take one sheet of phyllo dough and spread it flat; coat with butter-flavored non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
Fold the dough in half and spray it again.
Fold it again; the sheet is now one-quarter of its original size.
Using scissors, cut it into four... - 24.8363
Pastry Shop Cheese Slices
Soften yeast in water.
Combine sugar, butter and flour in large mixer bowl, blending at low speed of mixer until mixture is the size of small peas.
Add yeast, egg and vanilla extract.
Mix at low speed until a dough forms.
Knead on lightly floured surface... - 34.0909
Low Cholesterol Margarine Pastry
Mix the flour and salt together.
In a food processor with on/off turns of the motor, or using a pastry cutter, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
If using a processor, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Pour the water into a small... - 36.1402
Puff Pastry Apple Tartlets With Contempo Caramel Sauce
To Prepare Pastry: Preheat oven to 375°F.
If puff pastry is folded in thirds, to eliminate the creases, fold it in half and on a lightly floured board, roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 2 apple shapes about 6 inches wide and 5 inches long.
Cut out 4 leaves... - 43.7178
Roquefort Tart With Walnut Pastry
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and 2.5ml/1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Add some black pepper and the sugar. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the ground walnuts and stir well. Add the lemon juice and chilled... - 38.5542
If you stay away from digging into your favorite pie for the fear of adding extra inches to your waistline, here is a recipe that can do wonders for your craving. This recipe tells you how to make healthy, low fat pie crust from the scratch. Just replace the... - 112.809
Sift the flour with the salt on to a sheet of greaseproof paper or into a bowl.
Measure the boiling water into a small saucepan and add the butter cut into pieces.
Once the butter has melted, increase the heat and bring rapidly to the boil.
Take the pan off... - 41.4588
Lamb In Pastry
Have the bone of the joint cut short and trim off any excess fat.
Rub the joint with the butter and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Place it in the meat tin and roast it at 425Â°F, Gas Mark 7 for 75 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and leave to cool.
Sift... - 41.4052
Lamb In Pastry
Make six small incisions all over the lamb, and insert the garlic halves.
Rub the joint all over with the salt and pepper and rosemary.
Put the lamb in a roasting pan and dot with the butter pieces.
Put into the oven preheated to moderate (180°C/350°F or... - 33.5678
Savory Puff Pastry
Rinse eight to ten 4-inch (10-cm) tartlet pans in cold water.
Preheal oven to 400°F (205°C).
On a floured surface, roll out pastry dough 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick.
Cut out circles to fit tartlet pans.
Place dough in pans without stretching.
Pierce bottoms of... - 40.4765
In small mixing bowl stir together flour and salt.
With pastry blender, cut in shortening until it has the appearance of cornmeal.
Cut in butter until particles form the size of peas.
Sprinkle mixture with cold water.
Blend lightly with fingers until dough... - 35.9418
Mock Puff Pastry
Sift flour with salt into a small bowl.
Cut in shortening with two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
Gradually stir in water until mixture follows fork around bowl.
On a pastry cloth or floured board, roll chilled dough... - 30.0711
Gruyere And Tomato Tarts Pastry
Pastry Sift flour and salt into bowl; rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
Add egg yolks and lemon juice and mix until combined.
Turn on to lightly floured surface; knead lightly.
Roll out pastry to line six 10cm (4in) flan tins.
Trim... - 42.3466
Puff Pastry Tarts With Squash And Feta
Put a baking sheet in the oven and heat to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
Roll out the pastry and put on a large sheet of parchment paper or cut out 4 individual square tarts.
Peel, seed and cut the squash into 1/2 cm thick slices.
Prick the pastry a few times... - 29.2469
Sirloin Steaks On Pastry
Thaw the pastry, divide in half and roll out each half to a round about 1/8 inch thick.
Place on two baking sheets.
Brush with egg yolk and bake in a moderately hot oven (400° F) for 20 minutes.
Cook the prepared vegetables in a little salted water.
Drain... - 39.224
Homemade Pastry Mix
1. In a large mixing bowl, put together salt and flour; mix well.
2. Add lard to the flour; using a pastry blender or fork, cut lard until crumbs are broken down to the size of small peas.
3. Use the dough for pie shell or cover and... - 22.8445
1. Combine the lard and margarine. Cream the fat until it is a soft and well blended.
Divide into four equal portions and set aside.
2. Into a mixing bowl, sieve flour and salt.
3. Add one quarter of fat to the flour and rub in using... - 30.0848
Short Crust Pastry
1. Sieve flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl, holding the sieve high above the bowl or sieve in a large plate or flat surface, then put into the bowl. This is important for making successful Short Crust Pastry.
2. Cut butter into small pieces, add to the... - 27.2879
1. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl
2. Use a pastry knife to cut in small cubes of the shortening into the flour, or use your fingers to rub the ingredients together until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. In the same manner, cut in the butter... - 39.5071
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb In Puff Pastry
Ask the butcher to bone and butterfly the leg of lamb making sure that the meat is as little cut about as possible, it should form a large, flat slab of meat.
Preheat the oven to 160Â°C (325Â°F).
In the work bowl place the kidneys which have been cut into... - 39.6669
Salmon In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry into a large oval, measuring 35cm/14in in length. Cut into a curved fish shape and place on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
2. Use the trimmings to make narrow strips. Brush... - 43.7952
Blend 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons finely snipped parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon chervil, crushed, in a bowl.
Cut in 1/2 cup lard or vegetable shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until pieces... - 18.3333
Sift together flour and salt; cut in shortening with pastry-blender or blending fork till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle water, a tablespoon at a time, over part of mixture.
Gently toss with fork; push to one side of bowl.
Sprinkle next... - 29.0987
Mock Puff Pastry For Tarts
1. Sift together the flour and salt. Add the shortening and rub or chop it thoroughly into the flour.
2. Mix the eggs and milk. Add to the dry mixture and mix well, adding a little more milk if necessary to make a fairly stiff dough.
3. On a floured pastry... - 32.7175
Put the water, margarine or butter and seasoning into a saucepan.
Heat gently until margarine or butter has melted.
Stir in the flour.
Return the pan to a low heat and cook very gently, but thoroughly, stirring all the time, until mixture is dry enough to... - 32.0574
Cream Cheese Pastry
Sift together flour and salt.
With pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter or margarine and cheese.
When well blended, wrap in waxed paper, and chill until firm.
Roll to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut according to desired use.
Bake at 450 Ã‚Â°F. 12... - 28.2123