- » Slow Simmered Chicken
Slow Simmered Chicken Recipes
Enjoy our collection of slow simmered chicken recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for slow simmered chicken recipes.
Soy Simmered Chicken
1 Combine water, soy sauce, sherry, corn syrup and seasoned salt in an electric slow cooker.
2 Arrange chicken, skin-side down, in a slow cooker. Brush generously with part of the sauce; cover cooker.
3 Cook on low (190° to 200°) 10 hours, or on high (290°... - 21.1794
Potatoes Simmered In Chicken Broth
Saute onion, celery, carrots, and garlic in hot butter in a large skillet until tender.
Add chicken stock, potatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and broth is... - 38.3649
Cavatelli With Simmered Vegetable Sauce
Heat 1/4 cup of the chicken broth in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add garlic and onions.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add liquid if necessary during this process.
Add tomatoes, the remaining 1/4 cup broth, tomato paste, sugar, oregano,... - 45.045
Slow Cooker Jambalaya With Chicken And Sausage
Here is an absolutely simple and easy recipe that Bob McDiarmid shares in this video. Watch this video that presents a slow cooker jambalaya recipe that is just perfect for weeknight dinner. This nutritious and tasty dish serves as a great satisfying meal! - 107.931
Slow-cooked Chicken With 40 Garlic Cloves
Discover how sweet garlic can be as Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson puts this hearty, family-friendly dish together. It's an ideal meal for the cold weather that will make your kitchen smell amazing as it cooks throughout the day. - 118.052
Slow Cooker Coq Au Vin
1 Brown chicken pieces in butter or margarine in a large skillet; warm brandy in a small saucepan; pour over chicken and flame; place in slow cooker.
2 Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in pan drippings; remove to slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
3 Stir in... - 33.3924
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Soup
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
3. In a 3 1 /2- to 4-quart slow cooker, tip the chicken, sweet potatoes, onion, tomatoes, broth, cumin and oregano.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours
5. To... - 46.0138
Classic American Chicken Cacciatore - Slow Cooked
Cacciatore is a comforting recipe for most Americans and that is also the case with the chef in the video. Watch him prepare his childhood favorite dish, the slow cooker style. The meat used is chicken while all other ingredients remain the same. Does it... - 134.301
Slow Cooked Tomato Soup
Add onions and tomatoes to melted butter and simmer until tender.
Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and simmer until ready to serve. - 24.4501
Provencal Inspired Ham And Bean Stew For The Slow Cooker
1. In slow cooker, add mixed beans, ham, onion, carrot, garlic, celery, and potato.
2. Throw salt, pepper, bay leaves, and herbs de provence.
3. Add plum tomatoes and chicken stock in it.
4. With spatula, crush the tomatoes a little and give everything... - 0
Slow Cooker Sausage And Vegetable Risotto
1. Turn a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker to high. In a saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. In a skillet, cook the sausage with the water over moderately high heat, breaking it up with a spoon until the water has evaporated and the sausage is browned, 10 minutes.... - 30.653
Slow Cooked Cream Of Potato Soup
If you are looking for a yummy soup recipe, then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to cook the perfect cream of potato soup that is sure to please everyone's tastebuds. This recipe is simple yet impressive enough to pleasantly surprise... - 127.882
Slow-cooked Burgundy Beef
Burgundy Beef is a succulent and tender meat preparation that is perfect for your formal dinners. I am sure your family will love the filling and delicious Burgundy Beef. - 41.4633
Slow Baked White Beans With Sage
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) In a large bowl, soak beans in cold water and keep aside for at least 8 hours or a whole night after covering it with a plate. Else follow the quick-soak method to soak the beans.
3) On the... - 35.5574
A yummy chicken masala recipe for all you chicken lovers. A simple easy to make recipe that is just right for a lazy day at home. Serve with rice or breads and enjoy a complete meal with family. - 40.0203
Carolina Chicken Stew
1 Arrange half the chicken parts in the bottom of an electric slow cooker; sprinkle with onion and green pepper slices and parsley.
2 Layer remaining chicken parts in cooker; season with salt, Worcestershire sauce and red-pepper seasoning; top with thawed... - 30.2332
Chicken In Saffron Cream
Melt the butter in a skillet.
When hot and foaming, brown the pieces of chicken, 5 minutes on each side.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour off the fat.
Add the tomato.
Add the saffron to the cream and pour over the chicken.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir... - 37.509
Chicken With Mushrooms
In large skillet, melt the butter.
When hot, add the chicken and brown quickly on both sides; remove.
Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes; remove.
Add flour to drippings.
Stir in stock, cream, and tarragon.
Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
Return chicken... - 39.5436
Country Captain Chicken
1. Season chicken with salt and cayenne. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, turning once or twice, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan. Reduce heat... - 31.2493
Spanish Chicken is an exotic and tasty chicken preparation. This delicious dish is perfect to serve at your parties. Try this Spanish Chicken recipe, trust me, you will love it! - 41.5021
Sunday Chicken Tarragon
1) Wash and pat dry the roasting chicken.
2) Rub the interior and exterior surface with little olive oil.
3) Season with salt, pepper and tarragon.
4) In a large ovenproof casserole, place the chicken.
5) Add carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery... - 46.1847
1. In a slow cooker add the first five ingredients and mix.
2. Place chicken on top.
3. Pour orange juice gently over chicken.
4. Sprinkle orange peel over it.
5. Cover and simmer for 5-6 hours.
6. Drain out the chicken.
7. Cut out bite sized pieces... - 49.074
In slow-cooking pot, cover chicken with water.
Add celery, carrot, onion, and salt.
Tie parsley, bay leaf, cloves, and thyme in small square of cheesecloth.
Add to pot.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Melt 4 tbs.butter in medium saucepan.
Stir in... - 44.5225
Chicken In Peanut Sauce
Chicken In Peanut Sauce is a delicious dish that guarantees a sumptuous meal. This dish will be loved by your guest and family alike. Trust me, you will love this Chicken In Peanut Sauce recipe! - 44.1883
Hearty Cream Of Chicken Soup
1) In a slow cooker, place all the ingredients except for the flour.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
3) Before it is time to serve, take out the chicken parts from the soup. Let the chicken cool.
4) Skin and bone the meat and... - 44.6492
Marie's Easy Chicken And Mushrooms
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the chicken.
2) In the slow cooker, place the chicken.
3) Stir in the mushroom soup.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
5) Remove the chicken and simmer the mushroom gravy until thickened.
6) Serve the... - 31.6418
Oriental Chicken Wings
Chicken wings with an oriental touch. I tried this Oriental Chicken Wings recipe last week and was greatly impressed with the final brew. When serving this make sure that you transfer it to a slow cooker and let guests serve themselves from it. This oriental... - 37.6401
Place rice, celery, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, and chicken broth into cooker.
Close cover and put pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached and control jiggles gently, remove cooker from flame.
Allow pressure to reduce normally.
Return open... - 34.9502
1 Rub chicken inside and out with brandy or cognac, then with salt and pepper.
2 Combine bread cubes, celery, chopped apple, raisins, butter or margarine, parsley and thyme in a bowl.
3 Stuff chicken with dressing, packing lightly. Skewer neck skin to back;... - 34.5548
Au Porto Chicken
1 Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Skewer neck skin to back and tie legs.
2 Saute onion, garlic and carrots until soft in oil in a large skillet or 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker with a browning unit. Stir in... - 32.1614
Mandarin Chicken With Almonds
1) In a small bowl, mix together salt and paprika.
2) Smear the chicken with the salt mixture.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the chicken on all the sides for about 10 minutes.
4) In the slow cooker, place the chicken with... - 44.922
Classic Chicken Cacciatore
1) Over moderate-high heat, place a large skillet and saute the chicken pieces in oil till they are thoroughly browned on all sides.
2) Transfer the pieces to a slow cooker.
3) To the still hot skillet, add the garlic, onion, tomato sauce, parsley, 1... - 44.5587
Chicken Breasts Flambee
Have a chicken breast for each person.
Salt and pepper them.
Brown in the butter over quick heat in roomy skillet.
Place skillet, covered with heavy lid in moderate oven for 25 minutes.
Remove and arrange chicken on serving dish, which you will cover and put... - 39.8338
1) In a slow cooker, place the chicken.
2) In a bowl, mix together, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, ginger and garlic.
3) Spoon the sherry mixture over the chicken.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
5) Take the chicken out of the... - 40.2061
1) Brush the chicken with the butter and put it in slow cooker.
2) In a bowl, mix together garlic salt, tarragon, parsley and pepper.
3) Dredge the tarragon mixture over the chicken.
4) Sprinkle vinegar on the top.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 8... - 43.0315
1)Chop the chicken into convenient pieces.
2)In a paper bag, mix flour, salt, pepper and thyme. Put in the chicken pieces and shake well to coat.
3)In a heavy skillet, melt the butter. Add in the floured chicken pieces and brown on all... - 45.8587
Sherried Ginger Chicken Soup
1) In a saucepan, combine chicken and water.
2) Bring to a boil, add the scallions, ginger, sherry and salt.
3) Simmer for 2 ½ hours or until chicken is very tender.
4) Remove the chicken and cut the meat in small pieces, strain the soup.
5)... - 35.3404
Chicken And Corn Soup
Put chicken, corn, onion, salt, saffron, pepper, and water into cooker.
Close cover and set pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached, cook for 15 minutes.
Cool cooker at once under running water.
Remove chicken breasts and take meat from... - 40.2433
Chicken Cacciatore Surfers
1 Skin, bone and halve chicken breasts; slice each half to make 2 thin cutlets.
2 Combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time and coat well; shake off excess flour.
3 Saute chicken in vegetable oil in a large frying pan,... - 36.3963
Peanut Chicken Soup
1. In a plastic or paper bag, combine together flour and paprika.
2. Put the chicken pieces into the flour mixture and shake well to coat it evenly.
3. In saucepan, heat oil and brown the chicken pieces slowly over medium heat for about 15 minutes,... - 48.7266
Chicken And Dumplings
1.Start by cleaning and singeing the chicken
2.Also cut the chicken into serving portions
3.In a pot, place the chicken and season it, also cover the chicken with water
4.Now cover the pot and simmer gently
5.If the chicken is an old... - 38.8135
1) In a bowl, mix together chicken and olives
2) Place the tortilla on the working table.
3) Spoon the 1/8 of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
4) Roll the tortillas and arrange the flap side down in the slow cooker.
5) In another... - 46.2657
Lemon Barbecued Chicken
1)On a chopping board, slice and split the chicken in half.
2)Wash and clean the chicken and pat it dry with some kitchen paper,
3)On a heavy skillet or a pan, melt the butter.
4)Place the chicken in the skillet and brown it on both the... - 46.3016
Chicken Peas And Ham
1) In a slow cooker, soak peas in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the peas, reserving the liquid.
5) Return the peas to the slow cooker, along with ham, marjoram, bay... - 42.9735
Chicken And Bean Sprout Soup
1) In a saucepan, place chicken with onions, water and salt.
2) Bring the chicken mixture to boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
3) Remove the chicken, strain broth and add ginger.
4) Cut the chicken into thin... - 47.3944
Chicken With Spanish Garden Vegetables
Mix flour, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper; coat chicken with flour mixture.
Heat oil in Dutch oven or 12-inch skillet until hot.
Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
Drain fat from Dutch oven.
Add water, onion, garlic and... - 42.5574
Roman Forum Chicken
1 Roll chicken pieces in flour, salt and pepper on wax paper; then brown in hot oil in a large heavy skillet or an electric slow cooker with a browning unit.
2 Mix garlic, parsley, poultry seasoning, red- pepper seasoning and wine; pour over browned chicken;... - 29.678
Chicken In Orange Sauce With Cashews
1) In the slow cooker, place the chicken.
2) In a bowl, mix together orange juice, onions, salt and peppercorn.
3) Spoon the onion mixture over the chicken.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
5) Take the chicken out of the cooker and pour the... - 38.8225
Chicken Soup With Tortilla Strips
Rinse chicken; discard fat.
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine chicken, water, and onions.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer until meat pulls away easily from bones (about 1 hour).
Lift out chicken and let cool.
When cool... - 34.5711
Hearty Heroes And Hoboes
1 Combine chicken breasts, water, onion, celery tops, 1 teaspoon salt and peppercorns in large saucepan. Simmer, covered, 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then skin chicken and take meat from bones. Dice... - 26.9439
Mango Chicken Curry
This delicious mango chicken curry is an Indian-inspired dish is real quickly. A must try for all you chicken lovers. This dish has a high protein content and is both healthy and nutritious. Nutritional Analysis: 1pound chicken mixtur equals 343 calories, 16... - 51.9486
Cassoulet With Chicken
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the beans, reserving the liquid.
5) In a non-stick pan, heat bacon fat and brown chicken... - 44.6286
Le Coq Au Vin Antoine
1. Joint the chickens separating the breasts and leg portions from the bony portions which can be kept for another purpose.
2. Season the flour and dredge the chicken pieces in it.
3. In a large kettle or casserole, melt the butter... - 41.0025
Brunswick stew is a traditional dish from American south. It is mostly made with beef, pork, chicken or rabbit. this dish originated in Germany. Brunswick stew can be served with rice. This stew makes a delicious meal speicaly in winters. - 48.0238
It is fast, easy, and most of all delicious! serving by cooking the broth, onions, potatoes, and chorizo. - 32.1254
1. In a saucepan add water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, rosemary, bay leaf and chicken; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about an hour or till chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from broth and skim off the fat from the broth.
4. When... - 46.0208
Indmax Soup By Chef Shekhar
1. heat oil in a pan.
2. saute celery & onions.
3. add chicken & saute it for a while.
4. add coriander & cumin powder.
5. add chopped tomatoes & cook it for 2 minutes.
6. add vegetable juice,tomato puree & chicken stock.
7. simmer the soup till the chicken... - 50.2738
Cut off and discard wing tips; divide each wing in half by cutting through joint with a sharp knife.
Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper.
Place in slow-cooking pot.
Pour bouillon over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until tender.
Drain;... - 45.2662
Thai Noodle Soup
Break noodles into pieces.
Cook noodles according to package directions; discard flavor packet.
Drain and set aside.
Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine chicken broth and chicken in large saucepan or Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cook 2... - 38.1809
White Chili Speciality
1. In medium-sized saucepan put soaked beans, cover with water, bring to boil, simmer 20 minutes and discard water.
2. In skillet in 1-2 tbsp. oil brown chicken, if desired.
3. In slow cooker combine pre-cooked and drained beans, chicken and all... - 38.377
Supremes Of Guinea Hen Au Vin Blanc
1. Separate guinea hen, keeping breasts intact. Keep aside the legs for later use.
2. Arrange giblets, back and neck in water and cover with celery tops, onions and carrots. Simmer for about an hour.
3. Using seasoned flour containing... - 40.0708
Chicken Lemon Soup
Combine stock, salt, pepper, parsley and rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat and simmer.
Slowly sprinkle lemon juice into eggs and add 1/2 cup of the warm stock.
In a slow steady stream, add egg mixture to soup, stirri - 30.5071
Lemon Chicken With Walnuts
In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
Add walnuts; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove with slotted spoon; reserve.
Lightly coat chicken breasts in flour.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive... - 40.909
Apple Cider Braised Smoked Chicken Sausage Cabbage And Potato Stew
Fall and winter call for hearty comforting and nourishing meals of soups and stews. This really is a great cold weather meal but is also delicious anytime of the year as the ingredients are easy to find no matter what the season. In fact this is great for... - 135.035
Spicy Thai Chicken Soup
If you are a fan of spicy food or Thai food, this chicken soup is definitely meant for you. It is probably the most common soup found in a Thai restaurant. Chef John shows us how to make this favorite, using basic ingredients that are easily available in your... - 131.557
Curried Turkey Salad With Grapes And Almonds
1) In a stockpot, place the turkey breast in 5 quarts of water, along with the carrots, onion and celery to poach the turkey breast.
2) Prepare a bouquet garni by tying the bay leaves, peppercorns, parsley and thyme in a square of cotton cheesecloth... - 47.6901
1. Take a pan and add 1 cup (240 milliliter) coconut milk and cook until it renders the oil.
2. Add 50 grams massaman curry paste to the coconut oil.
3. Sauté for couple of minutes and then add 4 pieces of dark meat chicken.
4. Coat the chicken pieces... - 107.092
1. Clean and joint the chicken. Sprinkle over with a little salt and set aside.
2. Grind together to a fine paste red chillies, peppercorns, cloves, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and cardamom. For less pungency, remove seeds from few chillies. Fry chopped onion.... - 38.3206
Vegetable And Chicken Pot Pie
PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
Spray 10-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
MELT margarine in large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink in centers.
Sprinkle with salt.
Add green beans,... - 44.2012
This is a Caribbean Patee Fusion Recipe. Adding some Caribbean flavours into traditional recipes. Here we have chili made with ground chicken, spices, vegetables and mushrooms, and the three types of beans. We add Cumin, and scotch bonnet along with coriander... - 0
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
2) Add in the flour. Pour in the chicken stock and add the seasoning. Bring the broth to a boil.
3) Put in the chicken and slow cook for 5 minutes.
4)Remove from heat. Fill the chicken into the patty shells... - 31.7178
White Chicken Chili With Bacon
1. Warm the olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Add in the shallots and carrots; cook for 5 minutes, until shallots start to become translucent.
3. Add in the bacon and cook for 7 minutes, stirring to prevent burning or sticking.... - 109.412
Healthy Poached Chicken
Poaching is one of the healthiest ways to cooking chicken. Chef Keith Snows shows how you can make the most of the goodness of chicken by poaching it with a slew of herbs and spices. A great accompaniment with casseroles, quesadillas and salads. - 90.6176
Chicken In The Pot With Wine
1. Place chicken halves, green onion and ginger in an oven-proof casserole dish. Pour in soup stock and bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and remove scum. Add wine, salt, sugar and soy sauce.
2. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1-11/4... - 30.7835
Chicken Broth Or Stock
1) In a slow cooker, place together chickens, water, onion, celery, peppercorn and salt.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours.
3) Strain the broth.
4) Use the broth as required. - 30.4941
Chicken Mushroom Stew
1. With a sharp knife, cut chicken into 1-in. cubes.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil and brown meat in it.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker.
4. Into the skillet add mushrooms, onion, zucchini, green pepper and garlic in remaining... - 48.7528
Indian Chicken Korma
Indian Chicken Korma is one of the most popular curries all over India. It is cooked in a different manner in different parts of the country. This video shows a Southern version of this delicacy. Take a look and try it out. The coconut adds magic to this dish. - 124.65
1. Preheat the oven at 250°.
2. Take a large skillet and heat about 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Pour in salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the chicken. Sauté chicken until nicely browned.
4. Slow the flame and cook the chicken until... - 47.3423
Chicken Via Veneto
1. Prepare 1 large skillet or divide the ingredients equally between two skillets.
2. Add butter and brown the chicken well. Remove when done.
3. Brown ham in the skillet.
4. Add tomatoes, onions, basil and soup - slowing stirring.
5. Add chicken in... - 41.9141
Chicken And Apple Toss Over Polenta
1. Combine the raisins and vinegar in a bowl and set aside. Finely dice the onion. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch dice.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring now and then, until it is golden and smells... - 39.68
Quick And Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
1. Shred the chicken and take out the bones. Set aside.
2. In a pan pour in water and add in the bones of chicken, let it boil on medium – high heat.
3. In a sauté pan heat the tortillas on low heat.
4. Dice 3 ½ tortillas to big chunks and... - 0
Easy Meat Filling
In saucepan combine chicken, pork, and 1 cup water.
Cover and simmer about 40 minutes or till tender.
Remove meat; cool slightly.
Discard skin and bones.
Grind chicken and pork together; blend in egg, parmesan, and nutmeg.
Use to stuff desired pasta - 25.9456
Heat water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
Add chile pepper, onion, and bell peppers.
Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add garlic,... - 47.8155
Celery And Almonds
Celery And Almonds is a tasty vegetable dish. I serve this often for parties because they fit into any menu easily. Try this Celery And Almonds recipe at home.I am sure you will love it! - 29.9544
Wash and chop spinach coarsely.
If frozen spinach is used, thaw completely and drain.
Put chicken stock into cooker with chopped spinach.
Close cover and set pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached, cook for 1 minute.
Reduce pressure instantly... - 39.1258
Pumpkin Soup is a well flavored soup that is perfect for your dinner parties. This sumptuous soup was praised by all my guests at a party I hosted last week. Try this Pumpkin Soup recipe at home and you will understand why! - 38.2834
Petite Marmite With French Bread
Put first 9 ingredients in a large soup kettle.
Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 4 1/2 hours.
Take out chicken pieces, meat and bones.
Remove meat from bones and return meat to soup.
Add herb seasoning and... - 42.8953
Simmer sorrel and broth 10 minutes.
Whisk 1/2 cup hot broth into beaten eggs and return to rest of soup.
Reheat without boiling.
Adjust seasonings to taste, add sherry, sprinkle with parsley and serve with herb croutons. - 27.5027
Very Green Asparagus
Rinse asparagus thoroughly; break, do not cut, tough ends.
Lay in heavy, deep skillet.
Cover with bouillon and lemon juice and bring to simmer.
Add butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Simmer slowly for 10-12 minutes.
Add wine during last 5 minutes for... - 32.5574
Gingered Peas With Water Chestnuts
Break up peas; place in saucepan with butter.
Add water chestnut liquid, stock base, ginger and nutmeg.
Simmer, covered, over low heat until peas are bubbling hot.
Blend cornstarch and water; stir into peas.
Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until liquid... - 34.5205
Asparagus Egg Drop Soup
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, 8 minutes. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, 3 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and... - 24.4637
Tomato Garlic Vegetable Soup
In large kettle or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, cauliflower, green beans, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer tor 10 minutes.
Add great northern beans and zucchini;... - 39.1565
Green Vegetable Chowder
Trim tops from leeks; cut off and discard dark green layer.
Cut in half lengthwise; wash thoroughly to remove sand from between layers.
Cut into 1-inch crosswise slices.
In a large saucepan, combine sliced leeks, potatoes, chicken broth or bouillon, butter or... - 41.9285
Spuds N Cabbage Soup
a wonderful creamy irish rendition of potato soup, quick to become traditional in your home as well - 47.2542
Cabbage, Apples, And Potatoes Casserole
1) Place a large skillet over moderate heat and melt the butter.
2) Simmer the onions in the butter till they are golden brown in color.
3) In a slow cooker, make alternate layers of cabbage and apple.
4) Add the sugar, salt, vinegar and pepper.
5)... - 42.5133
Wrap the round and rib of beef and the marrow bone in a cheesecloth.
Place in saucepan with the cold beef broth.
Bring to a rolling boil and skim.
Add the chicken giblets, the leeks split in two (the green and the white) or the whole onions, the carrots,... - 42.117
Its a classical Italian rice preparation. - 37.5971