- » Simple Wine
Simple Wine Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple wine recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple wine recipes.
The Chef's Kitchen-entertaining With Wine
Holidays are great fun and entertainment with wine forms a crucial part of any holidays. Take a look at this interesting video that is would serve as great guide to holiday entertaining. Sommelier Melissa Monosoff of the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board... - 124.443
Wine And Cheese Party: Easy Entertaining
Want to put together an interesting spread that has some of the most loved ingredients known to mankind? Then you must watch this video. Learn how to amaze your guests the next time they come over. You will definitely love this one! - 82.1794
Veal Scallops With Ginger Wine
1) Cut fat off the scallops and trim into shapes.
2) Dust scallop lightly with the seasoned flour.
3) In a heavy-bottomed pan heat the butter and oil. Saute veal till golden brown.
4) Place into serving dish and keep them warm.
5) Pour... - 45.0162
Orange And Wine Roasted Duck
1 Clean the duck thoroughly.
2 Set oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
3 In a deep saucepan, put the duck and cover with cold water.
4 Add one onion, bay leaves, celery, salt & pepper to the duck.
5 Bring to a boil then lower the... - 44.6266
Ricotta And Salami In Wine Pasta
1) On a work surface, add the the flour, salt and sugar together, then make a depression in the center.
2) Add the egg and wine, and mix the ingredients with a fork to form a rough dough. Then knead, adding more flour or wine to make a pliable and... - 44.2149
Roast Venison With Wine
1) Preheat oven to 500F.
2) Place 6 bacon slices on inside surface of roast and roll up, and tie securely.
3) Put 3 bacon slices across the top.
4) In a shallow roasting pan, over a rack place the roast.
5) Place in the oven and sear for... - 43.9358
Octopus In Wine
To clean the octopus, stretch out the tentacles all in one direction and slash across, above and below the eyes to remove them.
Pop out the beak in the middle of the mouth.
Pull out the entrails from inside the head, saving the ink sac, which looks very... - 43.9194
Wine Picnic Pate
Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in frying pan.
Add chicken livers, mushrooms, salt, and green onions; simmer for 5 minutes.
Add wine, garlic, dillweed, and hot pepper sauce.
Cover and cook slowly for 10 minutes more, or until chicken livers and mushrooms are very... - 43.3112
Brussels Sprouts In Wine And Raisins
Brussels sprouts in wine and raisins is a very simple yet good dish to serve on special occasion. The wined raisins have a different taste altogether which give the dish a very good flavor and taste. Brussels sprouts in wine and raisins great dish to serve ... - 42.083
Kidneys In Wine
Melt 1 1/2 oz. (3T) butter in a pan.
Add the kidneys and brown quickly, then remove from the pan.
Add the onion and carrot to the pan and fry until golden.
Blend in the flour, cook for 1 minute, then add the puree, wine and stock.
Bring to the boil,... - 41.8202
Macaroni-and-cheese With Wine
Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt, then drain and set aside.
Saute onion in butter in a heavy saucepan, add flour, stirring until smooth.
Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually add milk and wine; cook over medium heat,... - 41.5988
Crab In Wine
1) Heat the margarine over moderate heat, till it is bubbly, in a small skillet.
2) Add the pepper, onion and garlic and cook till the onion is translucent.
3) Add the wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for a minute or 2.
4) Add the crab meat... - 41.1843
Clams In Wine
Thaw clams, if frozen.
Thoroughly wash clams in shells.
Cover clams with salted water (1/8 cup salt to 1 gallon cold water); let stand 15 minutes; rinse.
In large kettle or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, wine, green onion, 1/3 cup snipped... - 40.8794
Grape And Berry Wine Mold
This Grape and Berry Wine mold tastes incredible! The Grape and Berry Wine mold is perfect for a weight watcher like me! Enjoy the refreshing taste and feel free to comment on this berry dessert here ! - 40.1416
Poledwica Wieprzowa Duszona Na Winie
Rub meat with salt 1 hour before cooking time and allow to stand at room temperature.
Sear on all sides in butter and transfer to casserole.
Add onion, diced vegetables, parsley, and salt, pepper, herbs and spices to taste.
Cover tightly and simmer without... - 40.1297
Blueberries In Wine
1. Take a small saucepan and combine wine, arrowroot, and sugar in it.
2. Stir the mix to get it dissolved.
3. Cook the mix over low flame with occasional stirring method until the mixture gets tick in its density.
4. Add blueberries in the thick mix... - 39.9273
Berry Duo In Wine
1) In a 1-quart casserole, combine together the wine and sugar.
2) Uncovered, microwave the contents at HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, till the sugar has dissolved.
3) Add the lemon juice, rind, strawberries and blueberries. Stir well.
4) Microwave once... - 39.1535
Cockerel In Wine
Cut the cockerel into convenient pieces, retaining the blood if you can.
Put the blood with the liver into a bowl, and whip it with the cognac.
Brown the diced bacon and the pieces of chicken in 4 table-spoonfuls of butter, then sprinkle a little flour on the... - 38.8442
Caramel Cream With Wine
Caramel Cream With Wine is a wonderful taste. The lemon flavour gives the Caramel Cream With Wine a tangy and refreshing taste. - 38.7856
Asparagus In Wine
Lay asparagus spears in large shallow pan; pour over them enough boiling salted water to cover.
Cook over high heat until water resumes boiling, reduce heat, and simmer until tender-crisp, about 8 minutes.
Drain well and turn into a buttered 1-quart... - 38.3924
Smoked Cheese And Wine Logs
In mixer bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, butter or margarine, wine, chives, and horseradish.
Beat using electric mixer till fluffy.
Cover; chill slightly.
On waxed paper shape mixture into 2 logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Roll logs in... - 38.334
Stick whole cloves into peel of whole oranges.
Prick skin several times with fork.
Drop into bottom of slow-cooking pot.
Pour in wine, sugar, and cinnamon.
Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve hot from the pot.
If desired, cut oranges into wedges as... - 38.2266
Citrus And Wine Poached Mackerel
1. Place red pepper, green onions, ginger and oil in a large deep nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until red pepper is soft. Stir in orange rind, wine, orange and lemon juices and soy sauce. Bring to the boil.
2.... - 37.8453
Cheese And Wine Mold
1) In an electric mixer, add cheese, wine, nutmeg, and pepper.
2) Beat for about 10 minutes, till mix is almost smooth.
3) Add in the butter and beat well.
4) Transfer to a 1 1/2-cup greased mold and pack well.
5) Place a lid and refrigerate... - 37.4603
Spiced Wild Rose Hip Wine
Wash hips well.
Crush with mallet and place in crock.
Pour over 1/2 gal.water.
Boil 1 1/2 lbs.sugar in 1 qt.water for 2 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes, then add lemon and spices.
Add yeast and let ferment 1 week.
Strain through several layers of cheese... - 37.391
Four Spice Wine Savarin
In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over water; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together sugar and 1/2 cup of the butter.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each.
Add milk, vanilla, lemon peel, yeast... - 37.2615
Asparagus In Wine
Snap off and discard tough ends from asparagus; wash asparagus.
In a wide frying pan, bring 1/2 inch salted water to a boil.
Add asparagus, cover, and cook over medium heat until tender-crisp when pierced (5 to 7 minutes).
Drain well and turn into a shallow 3... - 36.667
Dairy Free Cherry Wine Mold
1) Wash and drain the cherries.
2) In a bowl add boiling water and dissolve the cherries in it.
3) Measure cherry juice and wine to make 3/4 cup liquid. Add it into a saucepan.
4) Add water if required.
5) Pour the liquid into dissolved... - 36.3633
Apricot And Wine Liqueur
Combine sugar and wine in a large nonaluminum Dutch oven or stock-pot; stir well.
Cook wine mixture over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly (do not boil).
Add apricots, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean; bring to a boil,... - 36.0292
Wine Spiced Peaches
Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup syrup.
Combine syrup with sugar and cinnamon pieces in saucepan.
Bring to boiling and boil 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Blend in orange juice and wine.
Pour over peaches in bowl.
Chill overnight. - 35.9826
Wine Cranberry Molds
1. Take a sliced pear with lay it down on the bed of lettuce greens on a salad plate.
2. Mix softened cream cheese, milk and blend the mixture until it becomes soft.
3. Coat each pear half with the cream cheese.
4. Halve the grapes and deseed them.... - 35.8186
Wine Basted Roast Goose
Wine Basted Roast Goose the name itself makes me go drool. I tried this recipe last week and it was an instant hit. You donâ€™t require a battalion of ingredients to try this, just a handful and you are all set to prepare the Wine Basted Roast Goose. - 35.6382
Wine Spiced Plums
Boil the first 5 ingredients together for 5 minutes.
Add a few dashes yellow vegetable coloring.
Prick plums in 2 or 3 places and press a clove into blossom end.
Drop into hot syrup.
Stir and allow plums to heat through without cooking.
Pack into sterilized... - 35.4506
Pineapple In Wine
1. Prepare the pineapple by peeling the pineapple
2. Core the pineapple
3. Cut the base in such a way that the pineapple can sit straight
4. Fill the center with the ½ cup wine
5. Set aside overnight in the refrigerator to chill. Half the wine... - 35.4319
Octopus In Wine
Clean the octopus, remove the ink sac and wash well.
Place in a pan and cover with water.
Add the bay leaves and cover.
Simmer until all the water is absorbed.
Drain any remaining liquid.
Remove and discard the skin and cut the octopus into small pieces.
Heat... - 34.7057
Figs With Mavrodaphne Wine
This lovely figs with mavrodaphne wine is a classic dessert recipe made with the sweet red greek mavrodaphne wine. Marinated with mavrodaphne, the figs are served with whipped cream with a glass of the greek wine. Classy and very elegant, I love to serve this... - 34.699
1) Poke the whole cloves into the oranges peels, prick the skin several times with a fork.
2) In a slow cooker, place the orange peels at the bottom, add the wine, sugar and cinnamon.
3) Cook, covered on LOW for about 3-4 hrs. ... - 34.1613
Wine Court Bouillon
Put the vegetables, herbs and water into a large nonreactive pan and season with a pinch of salt.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour in the wine and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Add the peppercorns, then simmer... - 34.1568
Flounder In Wine
If fish fillets are large, cut into 5 serving pieces.
Arrange in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.
Cook and stir leeks and mushrooms in margarine until leeks are tender; stir in wine.
Pour mushroom mixture... - 34.0126
Strawberries In May Wine
Gently wash strawberries under cold water; drain well.
Turn onto paper towels to dry.
In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over 1 cup water, to soften.
Heat, over low heat and stirring constantly, until gelatine is dissolved.
Stir in sugar until... - 33.2473
Prunes In Wine
Soak prunes in enough good port to cover them.
Let stand for 24 hours.
Heat sugar with 1 cup port and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add port from prunes and cook for 3 minutes.
Then add prunes and cook until they reach the boiling point.
Cool prunes in the... - 33.1402
1) In a glass jug, add the ice.
2) Over the ice, add in the lemon juice, sugar and wine.
3) Briskly stir.
4) Without straining pour out into a collins glass.
5) Top with soda water
6) Garnish with a twisted lemon rind. - 32.6388
Hens In Wine
1. Soak rosemary in wine 1 hour.
2. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and parsley. Coat hen quarters with flour mixture.
3. Brown hen quarters in butter in a skillet. Place in a 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Add wine mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F 30... - 32.517
Apricot Wine Cordial
1. In a food processor, process apricots until finely chopped and place them in a non-metal container.
2. Stir in wine, sugar and brandy and allow to stand with cover at room temperature 1 to 4 weeks.
3. Strain wine and pour into gift... - 32.4887
Coffee Wine Cocktail
1) Into a cocktail shaker, add in the ice cubes.
2) Next, add in the egg yolk, sugar, brandy and port into the shaker.
3) Shake well. Strain.
4) Serve the Coffee Wine Cocktail in a sour glass. Garnish the top with grated nutmeg. - 32.2831
Scald do not boil tomatoes.
Strain through cheesecloth.
To each gallon of juice and water, add 31/2 lbs. sugar.
Bring to a good boil.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add 1 slice toastland cake yeast (1 slice for batch).
Spread yeast on toast.
Put in crock and let stand in... - 32.1829
Milkweed Shoots In Wine
Simmer shoots in covered pan in 4 cups water for 10 minutes.
Repeat process; rinse and drain well.
Place in buttered casserole.
Melt margarine, stir in wine and pour over shoots.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cheese and onion.
Bake 400°F.25 minutes. - 32.1304
Cinnamon Cherries In Wine
1 Discard the cherry stalks and, if you prefer, remove the stone's (pits) with a cherry stoner.
2 Place the water, sugar, wine, redcurrant jelly and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
3 Add the cherries and return to the boil.
Reduce the... - 31.8038
Wine Sabayon With Strawberries
Wine Sabayon with Strawberries is an amazingly delicious version. An easy to make recipe, you will simply find this Wine Sabayon with Strawberries recipe both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 31.5052
This Wine Welcomer tastes really yummy ! I love to have this orange juice, lemonade and white wine blend as a refreshment ! Do try this Wine Welcomer and tell me if it really welcomes a great mood in you ! - 31.267
Olympic Wine Torch
Combine apple juice, lemon zest, cloves and cinnamon sticks in 6- to 8-quart kettle or Dutch oven and simmer 15 minutes.
Add lemon juice and wines and bring to simmer .
Heat brandy briefly ignite and ladle slowly into hot wine. - 30.4796
Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water in saucepan; stir in bouillon and wine.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat.
Stir in 1 cup water.
Place pan with wine mixture in bowl of ice and water; stir... - 30.4486
Frogs'legs In Wine
1. Prepare the frogs' legs as described. Rinse, dry on cheesecloth and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. Saute the legs in the butter or margarine 3 minutes, turn them and cook the other side 3 minutes.
3. Add the wine, minced onion, chives and... - 30.442
Artichoke Hearts In Wine
Cut slice off top of each artichoke, then cook in boiling salted water for 25 minutes, or until almost tender; drain.
Pull off all tough outer leaves, and cut off the stem so that only the hearts of the artichokes remain.
Cut hearts in half lengthwise and... - 30.4117
I like to use a flavorful wine.
You can use port or sherry for a sweeter jelly, but I prefer a Zinfandel, Gamay Beaujolais, or perhaps a Chardonnay.
A Fume Blanc is nice as well.
Stir the sugar into the wine and warm, in a stainless steel pan, until the sugar... - 30.0282
Elder Blossom Wine
Boil together water and sugar for 5 minutes; add blossoms and mix well.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add currants, lemon juice and yeast.
Pour into a large crock and let mixture set covered for nine days; stirring three times daily.
Strain liquid, discarding... - 30.0025
Add 1 qt.boiled water which has been cooled to room temperature.
Let stand tightly covered for 24 hours.
Squeeze out juice using several layers of cheese cloth.
Boil 1 cup sugar in 1/2 gal.water for 1 minute.
Mix with juice;... - 29.9223
Buttered Wine Rice
Heat butter in pan, add peeled and finely chopped onion.
Cook gently until onion is tender and lightly golden.
Add washed rice, stir for 3 minutes.
Add 1 cup of hot chicken stock to pan, stir until almost all liquid is absorbed.
Add remaining stock and wine,... - 29.809
Fruited Wine Bowl
This Fruited Wine Bowl is excellent to serve for cocktail parties. A great mix of variety of fruits in dry white wine, this Fruited Wine Bowl is definitely worth your try! - 29.7446
Citrus Mulled Wine
In small saucepan, combine water, sugar, cloves, nutmeg, one of the cinnamon sticks, lemon and orange; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; let cool, then strain. (Recipe can be prepared to this point, covered and... - 29.7389
Strawberries In Rose Wine
1. Halve any strawberries that are larger than a mouthful. Divide between 4 wine glasses, then pour over the wine and cassis.
2. Tuck a mint sprig into each glass. Leave to soak for up to 1 hr, then dust each with icing sugar and serve with crisp biscuits. - 29.3698
Orange Champagne Cocktail
1. Take a pitcher and mix together champagne, ginger ale, and orange juice.
2. Stir gently.
3. Garnish with strawberry slices in glasses and serve chilled. - 29.2963
Wine Fruit Medley
Combine orange juice, port wine, sugar, and lemon juice.
Place cut-up fruits in a bowl.
Pour juice mixture over; toss lightly to mix.
Cover the fruit mixture and chill thoroughly - 29.2752
Melon With Wine
1. From the melon, cut a triangle piece and remove its seeds
2. Fill wile into it and put the triangle back in its place; wrap it in plastic covering and refrigerate for four hours or so
3. Place it in a bowl and keep the triangle cut is on top; take... - 29.2643
Wine Laced Potatoes
Melt butter with oil in large skillet.
Add potatoes, salt, pepper, and chives.
Saute about 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
Stir in wine.
Cover.Cook 5 minutes. - 29.2221
Sheep Sorrel Wine
Combine sorrel, extract and water.
Let stand 5 days and strain.
Add sugar and yeast; add gelatin dissolved in small amount of water.
Let mixture rest for 3 days.
Put into jug and top with fermentation cork.
After action ceases, strain, bottle and cap.
Let age... - 29.009
Parmesan Broccoli In Wine
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine first 3 ingredients and stir to coat; microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and stir to combine; cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
3. Add remaining... - 28.9704
Julglogg Christmas Wine
Pour half the aquavit or gin into a saucepan with the wine. Add the raisins and sugar. Tie the spices and lemon rind in muslin and add to the pan. Cover and bring very slowly to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the remaining aquavit or gin and remove from... - 28.5311
Blend all the ingredients in a liquidiser.
Place the mixture in a saucepan over low heat and simmer gently, stirring constantly till all the liquid dries up.
Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. - 27.3883
Broccoli In Wine (broccoli Alla Romana)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the garlic until it is golden brown.
Add the wine and the prepared broccoli, stalks down.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook, uncovered, until tender.
Remove the broccoli to a warm serving dish and reduce the wine... - 26.8451
Sparkling Wine With Creme De Peche
1.Take a champagne flute.
2.Pour in the crÃ¨me de peche.
3. Now, pour in the sparkling wine.
4. Serve immediately. - 25.8986
Wine Ice is a cool dessert. Wine Ice gets its lovely taste from lemon juice mixed with rose and sugar. Wine Ice is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 25.8714
Rice And Vegetables In Wine
Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion.
Add the rest of the vegetables and stir them over a medium heat until lightly browned.
Add the rice, vegetable stock and white wine, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. - 25.2924
Wine And Chocolate
• melt butter and white chocolate together. Mix wine, brandy and honey saperately.
• Melt gelatin and add to the honey & wine mixture.
• Add this to the melted chocolate & butter. Fold whipped cream.
line your choice of mould with thin... - 24.8741
Pour wine into a large pitcher.
Add carbonated beverage or carbonated water.
Fill 8 wineglasses with fruited ice cubes.
Pour about 2/3 cup wine mixture into each glass. - 23.8645
Lemon Wine Sa Uce
Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; beat in egg yolks and whole egg; stir in wine and water.
Bring slowly to boiling, stirring constantly; remove from heat immediately; stir in lemon rind. - 23.5909
Cranberry Wine Spritzer
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the lime slices in a large pitcher, and stir well to blend.
2. Pour into ice-filled glasses, garnish each glass with a lime slice. - 22.4329
Recipes And Food Pairings Summary
Recipes and food pairings video shows the various recipes cooked by the chef and the best wine pairings for them. The video gives a summary of all the dishes prepared in the series and the relevant wine pairings. - 22.4135
Cheese And Wine Mould
Combine cheese, nutmeg, and pepper in a small bowl.
Heat wine just to boiling and pour over cheese. Beat for 10 minutes with mixer.
Add butter and pour into oiled 2 cup mold. Chill over night. Unmold. Let stand at room temperature for one hour before... - 22.3652
Snails In Wine
1. Boil the wine with the shallot until reduced by one-half. Strain.
2. Add a little wine to each shell, insert a snail and cover the opening with snail butter. Bake in a preheated hot oven (450° F.) ten minutes. - 22.224
Cheese And Wine Mold
Combine cheese, wine, nutmeg, and pepper; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer about 10 minutes or until almost smooth.
Add butter, and beat well.
Spoon into a greased 1 1/2-cup mold; pack well.
Cover and chill overnight.
Unmold onto a serving platter;... - 21.8628
Brussels Sprouts In Wine Butter
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
Reduce heat, and add brussels sprouts, simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in wine, butter, and pepper, simmer 5 minutes.
Drain well. - 21.8053
1. Crush grapes; add sugar, water and yeast.
2. Put in a jar and add 2 tbsp of wheat.
3. Keep for 3 weeks, stirring everyday.
4. Strain, add fullers' earth. Keep for 6 months, then siphon off in bottles. - 21.3155
Melon Balk In Wine
Thaw melon balls to room temperature, and drain.
Sprinkle with sugar, add wine.
Chill, turning melon balls occasionally in the wine.
Serve in compotes or on a bed of lettuce - 21.1208
Black Fig Wine
This Black Fig Wine is as tasty as the conventional grape wines. Just try this alcoholic beverage for your next party. Do you have anything to say about this Black Fig Wine ? - 20.8935
Combine the rosemary with the wine and store, tightly sealed, in a cool, dark corner of the pantry.
Do not refrigerate.
Let stand one week, then strain through a clean filter paper.
Use for basting broiled fish or in any recipe for chicken, veal or lamb... - 19.5729
Garlic Wine Vinegar
1. Crush the garlic and add to the vinegar in a saucepan. Heat until almost boiling and then stand until quite cool.
2. Strain and bottle. - 18.3857
Wine And Cheese Pairing
If you have been waiting to try wine with cheese, here is an interesting video which will encourage you to do the same. Look out for some cheeses from different regions and taste them with some great wines with the host. - 17.8377
Wine Spritzers has a refreshing taste. The lovely combination of white wine and soda gives the Wine Spritzers a terrific taste. Wine Spritzers is enjoyed by many people across the globe. - 17.317
Asparagus With Hot Wine Mayonnaise
Cook asparagus spears according to package directions.
Place warm asparagus in flat serving dish, and top with Hot Wine Mayonnaise. - 15.0528
Wine Pairing With Bison
How-to pair bison with wine. Get 15% off your bison order by copying this link into your browser: www.highplainsbison.com/wine4bison - 13.9059
Simple Wine Recipes By Category