- » Simple Polenta
Simple Polenta Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple polenta recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple polenta recipes.
Polenta Shapes For Children
Cookie cutters are obviously great for cookies, but kids have such a blast baking with them that I wanted to use them to help introduce kids to new foods in a fun way. So I came up with these polenta shapes. The recipe is really easy and it’s perfect... - 104.844
If you are looking for a freeze-now, serve-later fancy dinner recipe, then creamy polenta could be your bet. Rich and hearty, this classic corn dish could be the perfect foil for your fish, meat, chicken or vegetables. A fantastic way to whomp up a comfy... - 84.2201
Polenta For Meats
Polenta is easy to make and can be used to serve meats or other recipes as well. Chef Wes shows how to make polenta with polenta powder, liquid like broth or meat stock and cheese. Good after cooled to serve! - 83.2592
Italian Polenta Cake Parmesan
Italian food lovers here is a unique recipe combining two different basic foods to make one. Check out Debi and Gabriele maing Polenta Pasticciata or Polenta Cake Parmesan - a cake like polenta preparation along with red sauce. Great combination of flavor... - 81.5544
Cheesy Italian Sausage With Polenta
What a better to way to have Baked Sausages on this Hot Summer. Nick comes out with a delicious baked sausage curry , with tomato sauce, polenta round the corner and topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese , yummy. Worth trying for this Hot Season. - 78.82
Packed with flavors and yummy ingredients, polenta frittatas makes for excellent addition to brunch or dinner and are a perfect way to please both kids and adults. Easy and effortless, this polenta frittata recipe could be the best way to use your polenta... - 71.492
Polenta Triangles With Roasted Bell Peppers
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) Cut sweet red peppers into big pieces.
3) To prepare the polenta boil water in a saucepan.
4) Gently add cornmeal in continuous stream stirring.
5) Mix salt to it.
6) Decrease the heat. Stir and cook... - 49.1378
Polenta With Italian Sausage Onions And White Beans
Do you want to whip up some great meal at your next home party? If so, then simply try Polenta With Italian Sausage Onions And White Beans. This is one recipe I am sure everybody would like and would make you the star of the show. Tangy flavor of orange and... - 48.6
In 2-quart measure, combine water, broth, parsley, salt, marjoram and pepper.
Microwave at High for 5 to 8 minutes, or until mixture boils.
Slowly whisk in cornmeal, cheese and margarine, stirring just until margarine melts.
Reduce power to 50%... - 47.3576
Pork Loin Chops In Tomato Mushroom Sauce With Polenta
1) Lightly season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
2) In a large heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over a medium-high heat.
3) Sear the pork chops in the heated oil on both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until... - 47.0897
Were you looking for a tasty and unique dish that you can serve for a dinner party? Then Polentina is definitely the dish for you. Not only is the Polentina easy to prepare, it will definitely be a unique and surprising treat for your guests. Try them! - 46.1608
Quail With Polenta
1) Peel the onions and dice them. Wash the fresh rosemary and with paper towels, pat dry it. Chop just enough to make 1 teaspoon.
2) Place a large heavy-gauge skillet over medium flame and heat the oil. Add in the rosemary, onions,... - 45.8831
Orange Polenta Cakes
In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine orange peel, orange juice, and salt (if used).
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Gradually add polenta, stirring until blended.
Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring with a long-handled spoon, until polenta is thick (about... - 45.7562
Vegetable Stew With Polenta
1. Cook the polenta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Set aside in a warm place till required
3. In a large 4 1 /2- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
4. Add the onions, garlic, bay pepper to the hot oil... - 45.6669
Polenta With Endive
Preheat the broiler.
Bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
When the water is boiling rapidly, pour in the cornmeal in a thin, steady stream, whisking constandy to prevent lumps.
Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent... - 45.2914
Polenta Al Forno
1. Boil water with salt in a heavy bottom pan, add maize flour a little at a time. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to avoid lumps. Cook over low heat stirring for 30-40 minutes, until polenta comes, away cleanly from the side of the pan.
2. Press the... - 44.0717
Pig 's Feet Tails And Ears In Sweet And Sour Sauce With Polenta
Put the parboiled pig's feet, tails and ears into a heavy pot.
Add the carrots, whole onion and bouquet garni and season with salt.
Add water to cover.
Bring the water to a boil and cook, partially covered, over medium heat for 45 minutes.
Remove the ears and... - 43.7246
1. In a small bowl, soak the cornmeal in water and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a nonstick saucepan, combine the stock, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
4. Reduce the heat and gradually but... - 43.6598
Party Polenta Stars
Party polenta starts are cheese polenta stars that can be served as snacks or appetizers. Made with cornmeal and parmesan cheese, it is seasoned and flavored with a dash of tabasco sauce. Shaped into stars, they are skillet cooked to lovely brown color and... - 43.637
Sausage Peppers And Onions With Grilled Polenta
To make polenta, bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
Add polenta and cook at a gentle boil, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes.
If polenta starts to stick and burn to the bottom of the pot, add up to 1/2 cup water.
During the last 5 minutes... - 43.3751
1) In a saucepan add broth and water. Boil the mixture.
2) Add cornmeal in a slow even stream. Whisk the mixture till all the cornmeal is added.
3) Reduce heat to low and stirring frequently.
4) Cook for 20 to 25 minutes till polenta starts to pull... - 42.9252
Festive Turkey Polenta
Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray, add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add ground turkey and garlic, and cook over medium heat until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Wipe pan drippings from... - 42.7749
Salmon With Polenta
In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, thyme, basil and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
In a large heavy saucepan,... - 41.4148
Polenta Encrusted Crab
FOR THE TAPENADE, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet, add the mushrooms and garlic, and saute for 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken stock, reduce the heat, and simmer until the mushrooms are very tender and most of the liquid has been... - 41.271
1. Mix maize flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Heat milk and bring to the boil in a heavy bottom pan. Add maize flour a little at a time. Keep stirring continuously to prevent lump formation and sticking. Cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes.
3. As soon as the... - 41.2449
Polenta With Italian Sausage
Add water to cornmeal and salt in top part of double boiler.
Bring to boil over direct heat, stirring constantly.
Cover and cook over boiling water about 1 1/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Cut sausage into thick slices and brown slowly in skillet.
Add garlic... - 41.1162
Cook sausage and mushrooms in hot oil in a large heavy skillet until lightly browned.
Stir in tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring water and remaining salt to boiling in a saucepan.
Gradually add a mixture of... - 41.1142
Gorgonzola Polenta Cakes
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not brown (about 5 minutes).
Add garlic and stir until opaque.
Remove pan from heat and stir in parsley; set aside.
Prepare Stove-top... - 41.0762
1) Coat an 872 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal and water.
3) In a saucepan, bring the stock and oil to a boil.
4) Whisk the cornmeal in the stock and stir for 3 or 4 minutes or until... - 40.1268
Polenta With Broccoli
Prepare polenta according to package direc- tions.
Cover and keep warm.
In a small bowl stir together broth and cornstarch; set aside.
In a large skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic; cook and stir for... - 39.8537
Mexican Polenta Pie
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Spray a shallow 2 1 /2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, zucchini, edamame, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a Dutch oven.
Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and... - 39.1005
1) Preheat oven to a temperature of 200 degrees.
2) Put 4 cups of water in a large heavy-gauged saucepan placed over high flame and bring to a boil.
3) Place the serving platter in the preheated oven to warm them.
4) Bring the heat under... - 39.0823
Polenta Con Funghi
Bring half the stock to a boil with the salt.
Mix the cornmeal with the rest of the stock until it is absorbed, then slowly add this mixture to the boiling stock, whisking constantly.
Simmer on the lowest heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring often.
When it is... - 38.6452
Tomato Sauced Polenta
In saucepan cook beef with onion and garlic till meat is browned.
Drain off fat.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce,mushrooms, parsley, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, 1/3 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer till thick, about 1 1/4... - 38.1696
Red Pepper Polenta With Gorgonzola
1 In a 2-quart saucepan heat oil over medium heat.Cook garlic and bell pepper in oil for about 2 minutes,stirring occasionally until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
2 Stir in vegetable stock and milk,bring to a boil.Gradually stir in grits and salt,reduce... - 37.6994
Put 1 cup of cold salted water in a bowl and stir in the cornmeal.
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
Stir in the cornmeal and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and set aside to cool.
When it is cool,... - 37.5373
Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
Stir in salt and cornmeal gradually, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens and pulls from side of pan, stirring constantly.
Pour polenta onto platter.
Press indentations... - 36.2724
1. In 1 1/2-quart nonstick saucepan heat oil; add onion, peppers, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
2. Increase heat to high; add 1 1/2 cups water and the salt and bring mixture to a... - 36.029
Bring water and salt to rapid boil.
Gradually pour the corn meal into the boiling water stirring well to keep smooth.
Continue to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often.
Add a little at a time the butter and grated cheese.
Let each bit melt completely... - 35.4282
Sage Chicken With Polenta
Sprinkle the chicken pieces with two teaspoons salt and one-quarter teaspoon black pepper.
Heat the oil or shortening and in it brown lightly the chicken, onion and garlic.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sage and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer... - 34.9061
Herbed Polenta With Fresh Corn
Cook the com on the cob in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels and set aside.
Stir the cornmeal into 250ml (8fl oz) of the water to make a batter.
In a large heavy pan, bring the remaining water and salt to... - 34.5321
1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, whisk milk into masa until smooth. Mix in broth and tomato sauce. Add butter.
2. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling, very thick, and slightly darker, and holds its shape when mounded, 4 to 5 minutes. Add salt and... - 34.527
Layered Meat And Polenta
Heat desired meat sauce; cover and keep warm.
In saucepan bring 2 cups water to a rolling boil.
Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, 3/4 cup cold water, and salt.
Slowly pour cornmeal mixture into boiling water, stirring constantly.
Return just to boiling; reduce... - 34.516
1) In a double boiler set over the simmering water or in a heavy 4-quart kettle over a medium-low heat, combine the corn meal and cold water.
2) Stir in the boiling water and salt and cook for about 45 minutes until thickened.
3) Stir at an 5 minute... - 34.5141
Mash up the chestnut puree with the flavouring liquid; if using orange or lemon juice, grate in some rind too.
Orange liqueurs are excellent additions but you can also use brandies or black rum (especially good with goose).
The sharper eaux-de-vie,... - 34.1986
Place milk, water, cornmeal, and basil in a 3-quart microwave-safe casserole.
Cover with vented plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Microwave on high for 5 more minutes.
Polenta should be thickened and almost all of the water should be... - 33.8175
In a saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil.
Add the cornmeal in a thin, steady stream while whisking briskly.
Stir in the butter and optional crushed red pepper.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
Polenta sputters as it... - 33.4902
In a 3-quart pan, cook bacon over medium heat until lightly browned about 5 minutes, stirring.
Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is soft and bacon is well browned about 5 more minutes.
Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.Add 1 1/2... - 33.4382
Dissolve bouillon in boiling water.
Bring bouillon and salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
Stir cornmeal in slowly to avoid lumping.
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth and rather dry.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Add beef, if... - 33.4049
Heat 6 cups (1.5 L) water and the salt in heavy 4-quart (4 L) Dutch oven or saucepan to boiling.
Begin whisking water vigorously and add cornmeal in very thin but steady stream, taking care not to let lumps form.
Reduce heat to low.
Continue cooking polenta... - 32.9444
BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan.
Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
STIR in fontina cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for an additional 2... - 32.1917
1. In a fairly large, heavy bottomed saucepan bring the water and salt to boil over high heat.
2. Put in the uncooked polenta or corn meal slowly in, making sure that the water keeps boiling, stirring constantly to keep the mixture smooth.
3. Lower the... - 31.77
Stir cornmeal, soy flour, and yeast into 1/2 cup of stock.
Blend into paste.
Heat remainder of stock in top of double boiler, over direct heat.
When boiling, add cornmeal mixture and cheese.
Stir until smooth.
Place over bottom of double boiler, to which hot... - 31.1779
The literal translation for the Italian word Polenta is "mush". Boiled cornmeal for an edible starch is a found in countless cuisines all over the world. Formerly a peasant food, this is finding upscale ways to hit supermarket shelves and restaurant menus... - 31.1738
Bring 5 cups water and salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cradually add polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick, stirring often.
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter and pepper. - 31.0111
Polenta With Leek Gravy
Saute the chopped leeks in the butter until limp.
Add the bread crumbs, mix and add the salami.
Brown lightly and add the water.
Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer, covered, forty-five minutes, adding more water if needed.
Turn the hot polenta onto a plate... - 30.7858
In a 4-quart heavy-clad kettle, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly with a long wooden spoon.
Do not let the meal lump.
Stir polenta slowly but constantly as though you were folding egg whites into a... - 30.5094
1. In a 9- or 10-inch skillet, bring 4 cups water and the salt to a full, rolling boil.
2. Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly with wire whisk such that the mixture gets very thick and smoothen top with spatula.
3. Turn heat very low and cook,... - 30.4228
Add cheese, paprika, sprinkle of cayenne pepper to cooked corn meal mush.
Heat on roast for 2 minutes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Pour mixture into a square cake dish.
Cover with wax paper.
Cut Polenta into slices.
Coat each slice lightly with... - 30.1683
Polenta And Pumpkin
In saucepan combine cornmeal, pumpkin, and salt; stir in milk.
Cook and stir about 15 minutes or till thick.
Stir in butter or margarine.
Turn mixture into a 1-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, in 350° oven about 35 minutes. - 29.9432
Bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil.
Combine corn meal with 1 cup cold water and salt.
Stir into boiling water and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
Pour into a loaf pan and refrigerate until firm.
Shortly before serving, cut the Polenta... - 28.1711
Stove Top Polenta
In a deep 4- to 5-quart pan, bring 2 cups of the broth to a boil over high heat.
Meanwhile, mix polenta with remaining 1 1/2 cups broth.
Stir polenta mixture into boiling broth.
Return mixture to a boil, stirring often.
When spatters of polenta cannot be... - 27.9206
Broiled Polenta With Herbs
1. Oil or butter a 1 1/2- or 2-quart loaf pan and set aside. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil over high heat. Stir polenta into boiling water in a slow steady stream. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring 5 minutes, or until thickened... - 27.4818
Polenta is a warm, golden-yellow flour rather like semolina in appearance made from maize.
It is very much favoured in Northern Italy where it is cooked in water and then eaten with butter and cheese or with tomato or Bolognese sauce.
Polenta is traditional,... - 27.2938
Cook cornmeal in water, seasoned with salt, until thick, about 20 minutes.
Stir often to prevent lumps.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Grease a shallow baking dish well and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Drop the polenta by the spoonful into the dish.
Dot... - 27.0574
Polenta is truly an Italian dish to add to your party menu. This is a simple recipe and you can try it out, no matter what the occasion is. Check out the recipe of Polenta. - 25.9369
1. In a heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil at high flame; pour cornmeal in and allow to come to a boil slowly, stirring all the while
2. Turn the heat down and simmer for half an hour , stirring frequently; when thick, turn the heat off
3.... - 25.113
In 2-quart saucepan bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil.
Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, 1 cup cold water, and salt.
Slowly pour cornmeal mixture into boiling water, stirring constantly.
Return just to boiling; reduce heat to low.
Cook, uncovered, about 5... - 24.2614
Polenta With Herbs
1. Place the water or chicken stock in a medium-sized saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Gradually add the cornmeal and salt.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 40 minutes, or until the cornmeal becomes quite thick. If desired, add... - 23.4802
In a 2-quart microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl, stir together broth, polenta, and butter.
Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 12 to 15 minutes or until polenta is tender and liquid has been absorbed, stirring at 5-minute intervals.
Spoon polenta into... - 23.2057
Polenta is made from finely ground corn, and makes a nourishing and satisfying meal when greens are in short supply.
One pound of meal will serve 6 people.
Use in the proportion of 1 cup meal to about 3 cups water or stock.
Mix meal with sufficient water to... - 22.8809
1. Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Pour polenta into water in a slow steady stream, stirring with a wooden spoon as you pour. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 15... - 22.5738
Quick Polenta With Maple Syrup And Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring milk, water, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir polenta into boiling liquid in a slow steady stream. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring 5 minutes, or until thickened to consistency of hot... - 22.2421
Polenta With Blueberries In Syrup
1. In medium microwavable bowl microwave 3/4 cup water on High (100%) for 3 minutes, until boiling. Stir in polenta and microwave on High for 1 minute, stirring halfway through cooking.
2. In small microwavable mixing bowl combine blueberries and syrup.... - 22.0899
1. Preheat oven to 450Â°F. In 1-quart saucepan bring 3 cups water to a full boil; stir in polenta and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
2. Spray 15 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread polenta evenly in prepared... - 21.2426
Simple Polenta Recipes By Category