- » Simple Pesto
Simple Pesto Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple pesto recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple pesto recipes.
Gluten Free Pesto Quinoa With Tomatoes And Mozzarella
Compact appetizers are an intuitive idea to include or pack nutritious ingredients including vegetables and flavors. Check out this recipe to make Pesto Quinoa with Tomatoes and Mozzarella Dressing using a few seasonings along with healthy pesto and quinoa. - 118.166
Pesto And Pasta Shrek
Having a lot of children over a family gathering, how about trying this pasta recipe that meets the needs of en event like that. Watch Tamra Davis sharing a farm visiting experience and make the pesto and pasta combo meal with distinct serving ideas for... - 113.135
Making a pasta, but don't know what sauce to use in it? Don't worry, check out the video of this tasty Pesto Sauce prepared cy chef Hendrik especially for you. A delicious sauce that goes well with your pasta. - 106.752
Creamy Pesto With Walnut
Pesto the easy way. A very simple way of making the favorite Pesto : a must-do whenever basil leaves are available fresh. The video illustrates how simple it is to get this done at home and eaten as a great dip with crackers. - 106.442
Are you on a look out for a quick pesto recipe, which is not just tasty but is also healthy? Then take a look at this raw pesto recipe. Watch the video to see how the chef combines nuts with basil and spinach to make an exotic pesto. Also, do not miss out... - 101.926
Did you know that a dash of pesto could transform the blandest of all dishes into a sizzling treat? And the good thing is that they are delightfully easy to make too. Sarah tosses in basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to blend a sumptuous... - 96.7716
Basil And Mixed Nuts Pesto
For those looking for an easy and healthy way to perk up otherwise regular food, this recipe of basil and mixed nuts pesto does full justice and is an absolute versatile one. Peekaboo mom mixes it in with soups or in a sauce meant to toss cooked pasta in. It... - 91.1325
Bacon Tomato Sliders With Pesto Mayo
If you are one of those who like the hottest slider sandwich trends, then this bacon tomato sliders recipe is worth a try. Watch the video to see how the chef combines bacon with tomatoes and pesto to make a great appetizer. Very simple to make and looks... - 84.345
Minestrone With Pesto
This Minestrone with Pesto is another addition to the list of hearty soups. A nice soup to warm you up on a chilly winter night! Watch and learn the details from this video. - 82.3629
If you're looking for the recipe of pesto, then do check this out. Pesto is a kind of sauce which is used for making pasta. It's really easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator. Don't forget to check out the video. - 80.7031
Basil And Walnut Pesto
Think you cannot make a creamy vegan pesto? Then watch this video and change the way you think of vegan food forever! You don't always have to follow the traditional recipe to make a yummy, smooth pesto that tastes good and goes well with almost everything.... - 74.2117
Classic Italian Pesto
A spicy dip to have with your main dish or some snack perks up your dish to another level! Make this version of the pesto showcased by Dennis! - 64.7419
Potato Salad With Pesto Mayonnaise
Do you want a great in taste Potato Salad With Pesto Mayonnaise recipe? I have a weakness for potatoes, thus I prepare this recipe often. This salad is a winner as a Side Dish! Roll up your sleeves and try this yummy Potato Salad With Pesto Mayonnaise recipe. - 50.761
Onion And Pesto Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Coat a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
3) In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the onions for 10 minutes, or until soft
4) Remove the pan from heat and cool.
5) In a food processor,... - 49.0728
Pesto Mushrooms is a yummy vegan dish that will be an instant success no matter where or when it is served. Try this wonderful Pesto Mushrooms recipe! - 48.8013
Garden Pesto Pie
Preheat the oven to 375°.
In a medium bowl combine the salt and the flour and cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in the ice water until a dough forms.
Roll the dough out and press it evenly into a 9-inch tart pan... - 44.8966
Pesto Party Squares
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place the crackers in a zip lock plastic bag and seal.
3. Use a rolling pin to finely crush the crackers.
4. In a mixing bowl, stir the cracker crumbs with butter.
5. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch x... - 44.7796
Ricotta And Pesto Mousse
Put the ricotta in a bowl with the pesto, and beat until smooth.
Beat in the creme fraiche and half of the mi-cuit tomatoes.
Put the vegetable stock into a small saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatine.
Heat gently, until the gelatine dissolves.
Set aside to... - 44.7056
Mussels With Pesto
1) Take a saucepan large enough to hold a steamer, and mix the water and Dubonnet.
2) Arrange the steamer with the basil leaves and place the mussels above it.
3) Cover with lid and allow liquid to come to a boil, or until steam mussels until opened.... - 44.4032
1) Trim off visible pork fat and set the steaks aside.
2) Halve and place the potatoes on the steaming rack in the wok.
3) Pour in enough water up to the level of the rack without touching the potatoes and bring to a boil.
4) Cover the... - 44.3019
Pesto Veggie Stacks
For the pesto, place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
While processing, gradually add 1/2 cup oil in a steady stream until combined.
Set pesto aside.
Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow... - 44.183
1) Sprinkle some salt over the zucchini and keep aside.
2) Position knife blade in a processor bowl and add basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and garlic.
3) Blend till smooth.
4) Add Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons butter.
5) Blend for... - 44.0805
1) Clean mushrooms and snap off the stems and retain for use later.
2) On a rimmed 10 x 15-inch baking sheet,arrange mushroom caps, hollow side up.
3) Stuff each cap with feta cheese and put aside.
4) In food processor using a metal... - 44.0585
Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F.
To Make Dough: In a food processor with the metal blade, process garlic until minced.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and basil.
Pulse until well combined and basil leaves are coarsely... - 43.8925
Vichyssoise With Pesto
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat, and let cool.
Remove and discard bay leaf.
Place half of potato mixture in container of an... - 43.5385
Pesto Pizzette has a fine taste. Pesto Pizzette gets its taste from mushroom and cheese toppings. Pesto Pizzette is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 43.2315
Rolled Lasagne With Pesto
Cook noodles according to directions on package.
Drain and set aside.
When cool enough to handle, carefully separate noodles.
In a medium size bowl, beat egg, then blend in ricotta and jack cheese, oregano, parsley, and garlic.
Spread ricotta mixture evenly... - 43.0652
1. Cook sphagetti as per the package directions. Drain and keep it aside.
2. Add butter to the cooked sphagetti.
2. In a bowl combine basil, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Blend them well and sset aside.
3. Combine sphagetti and olive... - 42.7427
Carrot Sticks With Dill Pesto
1) With a sharp knife, cut the carrots into 3 inch long sticks. Keep aside.
2) In a food processor, blend the garlic and lemon rind until minced fine.
3) To this, add the parsley and dill.
4) Blend until the mixture is minced fine.... - 42.6959
Windy City Pesto And Ricotta Torta
1. Tomato Pesto: In small bowl, soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes or until softened. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid.
2. In blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, olive oil, garlic, and chicken broth. Process until... - 41.6288
Pound the garlic and the basil together in a mortar.
Pound in the grated cheese, turning always in the same direction, together with a drop or two of oil to make the mixture stick together.
Pound in the nuts and a little more oil.
Stir in the remaining oil, a... - 41.3175
Place steel blade in work bowl; add cheese, nuts, garlic, and salt.
Process with on/off turns till very finely chopped, Add basil and parsley.
Process till a paste forms; scrape bowl as needed.
With machine running, slowly add oil through feed tube; process... - 40.6105
1. In a food processor jar with the shredding blade attached, add the cheese.
2. Shred the cheese finely by pulsing for 10-15 seconds in short bursts.
3. Remove Disc from Bowl.
4. Attach Knife Blade in jar.
5. Add parsley and garlic to cheese in... - 39.7702
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Cut four large squares of foil and coat one side with nonstick spray.
3. In the blender bowl, place the basil and the garlic and pulse till well chopped. As the machine is running, add the oil to the bowl... - 39.6995
Minestrone With Pesto
To make pesto : Place basil leaves, garlic cloves and oil in a blender and process until mixture is very finely chopped.
Pour mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze until ready to use.
Make the minestrone : Melt the butter in a large frying pan over... - 39.3368
1. In a food processor, blend all the ingredients till smooth, also stop the machine once in process to scrape down the unnecessary waste
2. Serve has a topping on chicken, fish or rice
Pesto is wonderful, always have some on hand to... - 38.4346
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the oil.
2) In the hot oil, saute the garlic for 1 minute. Do not brown.
3) To this, add the basil and parsley.
4) Over the popcorn, sprinkle this mix.
5) To this, add grated cheese and mix well.
6) A perfect... - 37.8582
This two cheese basil pesto is a lovely and flavorful way to add life to your pasta. Made with garlic for taste along with pine nuts, the pesto is prepared with olive oil and a medley of parmesan and romano cheese. Seasoned and served or stored for later use,... - 37.7362
Bean-vegetable Casserole With Pesto
I do not know from where exactly I got this Bean-Vegetable Casserole With Pesto recipe. However, from wherever I got this Bean-Vegetable Casserole With Pesto recipe I was just delighted after trying this. Prepare it! - 37.4127
Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil in small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat.
Add pine nuts; saute, stirring and shaking pan constantly until nuts are light brown, 30 to 45 seconds.
Transfer nuts immediately to paper towel-lined plate to... - 37.1835
Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth.
Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup milk and wine.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Add pesto, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
Cook pasta according... - 37.1176
Pizza With Pesto And Smoked Salmon
Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
Lay pie crust in center of baking sheet.
Fold in 1/2 inch of crust edge.
Stand up double edge and crimp decoratively, forming upright rim.
Blend cheese and pesto in small bowl.
Spread cheese mixture over crust.
Sprinkle with pine... - 36.687
A great pasta sauce from Italy, based on basil and grated cheese. - 36.6677
1) In a food processor or blender combine basil, garlic, pine nuts ,and oil. Run the machine and blend the ingredients to a smooth soft paste.
2) Pour the sauce in a clean bowl and add cheese and butter. Also, add seasonings as per taste.
3)... - 36.5536
Potato Salad With Pesto Mayonnaise
Cut potatoes into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks.
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 12 to 14 minutes or just until tender.
Drain and let cool.
In large bowl, combine mayonnaise with Pesto.
Add potatoes and olives; toss to coat.
Season with salt... - 36.298
Asparagus And Pesto Carbonara
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the asparagus and pine nuts, then cook for 2 mins until the nuts are golden. Add 3 tbsp water,... - 36.289
Pesto can be used in a various ways – over scrambled eggs or even with potatoes, shrimp or steak. - 36.1096
Toast the pumpkin seeds and let cool.
Heat the canola oil in a skillet and when almost smoking, turn the poblanos in the hot oil for 45 seconds until blistered but not blackened.
Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let steam for 10 minutes.
Peel... - 36.0856
Pesto Tuna Melts
Set oven control to broil.
Place bread on ungreased cookie sheet.
Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat until golden brown; turn and broil until golden brown.
Spread bread slices with pesto.
Top with tomato, tuna and cheese slices.
Broil about 1 minute or... - 35.6095
Preheat the oven to 400Â°.
Working gendy but quickly, unfold the puff pastry sheet.
If you don't handle it too much and your counter is dry, you can ignore the recommendations on the back of the box and dispense with the floured board and the rolling... - 35.056
Pesto Packed Pork Chops
1. For filling, in a small mixing bowl stir together feta cheese, 2 tablespoons of the pesto, and the pine nuts. Set aside. For glaze, in a small saucepan melt jelly over low heat. Stir in the remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons pesto and the balsamic vinegar; heat... - 34.873
In food processor, process all ingredients at once until no large pieces remain.
Serve at room temperature over hot pasta of your choice.
It can also be used on pasta salad served at room temperature. - 34.7112
Wash, then spin dry basil leaves.
In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil.
Cook pine nuts and garlic 30 seconds or until lightly browned.
While stirring, continue cooking until basil leaves are limp.
Remove from heat.
Add remaining... - 34.6862
1. To make pesto, place basil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender and process to finely chop. With machine running, slowly pour in oil and process until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with black pepper.
2. Cook pasta in... - 34.4718
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 7 ingredients.
Process until finely chopped.
Add turkey broth and lemon juice; process 10 minutes or until smooth.
Stir in salt and pepper. - 34.4614
Pumpkin Agnolotti With Rocket Pesto
1. To make agnoiotti, mix pumpkin, cheeses, spices and egg white in a bowl. Place a few wrappers on a clean, dry surface, cover the rest with a clean damp tea towel. Place 1 tablespoon of pumpkin mixture in the center of each wrapper, leaving a 1 cm/ 1/2 in... - 34.3512
Its a classical Italian rice preparation. - 34.3163
1. Combine the almonds, basil, parsley, garlic, and olive oil in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth.
2. Transfer the puree to a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and salt... - 33.4322
Hot cooked pasta with green pasto and topped with purple pasto is a treat to the eyes. And before even you finish admiring its looks you will find others attacking this Hazelnut Pesto. It is great! - 33.3821
Pesto Swordfish Kabobs
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add basil and garlic.
Process until finely chopped; transfer to a small bowl.
Stir in Italian dressing, and set aside.
Cut swordfish steaks into 1-inch pieces; sprinkle with pepper.
Thread steak pieces on 4... - 32.3165
In the container of an electric blender or food processor place olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, pignoli, basil and parsley.
Cover and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed.
Pour into a bowl.
Stir in Parmesan cheese. - 32.1741
In a food processor, pulse basil, garlic and toasted pine nuts for about a minute, scraping down with a rubber spatula.
Next, add the grated parmesan cheese and sea salt. Slowly blend in the olive oil, a little at a time.
Season with fresh cracked pepper... - 31.9094
Combine 2 cups water and barley in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
Combine parsley and remaining ingredients in container of an electric blender or food processor; top with cover,... - 31.8328
Food Processor Method:
Put the garlic cloves in processor and mince at high speed.
Add basil and process until basil is finely chopped. With processor running, add olive oil through feeder tube in a steady stream. Process until well blended. Add salt and pine... - 31.6662
Pesto From Italy
1) Make a smooth paste by pounding all ingredients together in a pestle and mortar.
2) Smoothen the paste more by rubbing it through a wire strainer or using a liquidizer.
3) Use it in variety of ways; as a dip when served cold or as a sauce... - 31.6553
Clean the basel and procee it as shown.
Make Puree of basel
Mix nuts, garlic and cheese
Add extra virgin oil - 31.6106
Pesto Beef Swirls
In blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except steak to a coarse paste; spread over top of steak.
Cut steak across grain into eight 1 -inch-wide strips.
Roll up each strip from short edge; secure with wooden toothpick.
Grill over medium heat for 7... - 31.5198
Layered Brie And Pesto
Use a blender or food processor to combine fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, pine nuts, and garlic.
Cover and process with several on/off turns until a paste forms. Stop machine several times to scrape down sides. With machine running, slowly add... - 31.3595
Combine the basil, garlic and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor or halve the recipe and use a blender and chop.
Leave the motor running and add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
Shut the motor off, add the cheeses, a big pinch of salt and a... - 30.9231
Tagliatelle With Watercress Pesto
Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
Whizz the rest of the ingredients (except the mozzarella) in a food processor.
Drain the tagliatelle and toss the pesto through the pasta with the mozzarella. - 30.8737
1.In a blender, blend together, basil leaves, olive oil and garlic cloves for about 2 minutes. If necessary, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2.Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend together in bouts.
3. Take resealable plastic... - 30.6962
1. Combine the oil and garlic in a small heavy skillet and let sizzle over low heat for about 1 minute, until softened but not browned. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
2. Rinse the basil leaves and drain them well. Pat dry on paper towels. In a... - 30.5044
In a food processor, place the basil leaves, Italian parsley, and garlic.
Cover and process until finely chopped.
Add the oil, cover, and process until the mixture is pureed.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pesto can be refrigerated up to several weeks or frozen... - 30.4857
Lightly sprinkle zucchini with salt; set aside to drain.
Position knife blade in processor bowl; add basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and garlic.
Process until smooth.
Add Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons butter; process 10 seconds or until... - 30.2796
Basil-Parsley Pesto can be tried as a stuffing for mushroom caps. I also try this Basil-Parsley Pesto as a spread on fresh tomato. This Basil-Parsley Pesto is quite a deal and you can experiment with dishes of your choice. - 30.0394
In a blender or the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine basil, oil, garlic, Parmesan and nuts.
Process until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the container.
If mixture does not move during processing, slowly drizzle... - 29.8213
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into a glass jar or container and chill, covered.
Pesto freezes well. - 29.4417
Marisa Zorgniottps Base For Pesto
Rinse the basil well in cold water and remove the tough stems.
Place the leaves in a blender until it is full but not over crowded.
Add the oil and salt and blend, pushing it down carefully with a rubber spatula, until thoroughly homogenized.
Pour... - 29.2483
Insert metal blade.
Grate cheese and set aside.
Mince garlic (if used); leave in work bowl.
Return cheese to work bowl and add basil.
With motor running, pour 1/2 cup oil through feed tube and continue processing until incorporated.
Use at once or, to store... - 28.825
In work bowl of food processor or blender, chop basil leaves very fine; add garlic and process a few more seconds until well blended.
Add nuts and cheese and process 1 minute.
Add oil in a thin stream, continuing to process until all ingredients are... - 28.6991
Quick Pesto Appetizers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet.
Spread each slice with pesto.
Put one slice of tomato on each bread slice.
Top with grated cheese Bake until cheese is melted and appetizer is heated through.
Enjoy - 28.5315
Agnolotti With Anchovy Pesto
Place garlic, pine nuts, anchovies and basil in food processor. Blend for 30 seconds.
Add oil and cheese; blend to incorporate.
Pour sauce over hot pasta and season with pepper. Mix and serve. - 28.279
Sausage Pesto Casserole
1. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package in 3-quart saucepan; set aside.
2. Spray same saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook sausage in saucepan about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
3. Stir pesto sauce,... - 27.7117
This pesto recipe is a fresh and peppy recipe that can be easily prepared at home. Made with fresh basil and parsley, the pesto also contains pine nuts, olive oil and cheese. Used as a sauce for spaghetti or plain pasta, this pesto is savory and very... - 27.6774
Combine basil leaves and garlic in processor and mix until finely chopped.
Gradually add olive oil through feed tube.
Add Parmesan and nuts and process until smooth. - 27.6564
No Oil Pesto
No Oil Pesto looks nice in addition to tasting great! No Oil Pesto easily finds way to the top of my favorite list. I'm quite sure that it will do the same for you too. - 27.2788
In food processor or blender, mince garlic and pine nuts.
Add basil, Parmesan cheese and oil; blend until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. - 26.7335
1. Place all ingredients in a blender with little water except oil. Blend to a smooth paste.
2. Work in oil, a drop at a time and continue stirring until mixture is like soft butter.
3. Put pesto into an airtight jar. Can be stored in the refrigerator for few... - 26.6083
Pesto Provolone Melt
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Rub one side of each bread slice in the pan to coat with oil.
Turn slices over and toast dry side, about 30 seconds.
Remove bread to plate (leave skillet on) and spread each dry side with 1/2 tablespoon... - 26.4737
Wash the basil and shake dry.
Combine the basil and olive oil in a food processor container and pulse.
Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic and pine nuts, processing slowly after each addition to combine. - 26.263
In food processor or blender, combine basil, cheese, oil, garlic, nuts and salt; process for few seconds, it should not be too smooth, scraping down sides once or twice. Add 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 25 mL) hot water to thin sauce to cake batter consistency. Makes... - 25.7116
Pesto is an irresistible mouth-watering side dish recipe. Try this easy to prepare Pesto, you will love to serve to your loved ones. - 25.2949
Wine Broth With Pesto
Mix together in a small bowl the butter cheese, garlic, basil, and parsley.
Heatbrothand wine until steaming.
Ladle into small bowls or cups and add a dollop of pesto sauce to each. - 25.0917
– Cook ravioli in boiling salted water. Rinse under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
– In a skillet, melt butter and cook garlic until soft but not browned. Add basil, pine nuts and season with salt and pepper. Add ravioli. Sprinkle with... - 24.7555
Place the basil, garlic, nuts and oil in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes, until creamy.
Then blend in the grated cheese.
Season to taste. - 24.1627
1 In blender at medium speed or in food processor with knife blade attached, blend all ingredients until smooth. - 23.2233
1. Place garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and chop until fine. Add basil, pine nuts, pecans, or walnuts, and process until fully blended.
2. Add Parmesan cheese and very, very slowly add olive oil, gradually increasing the... - 22.0856
Pesto Broiled Flounder
Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil, lightly brush foil with small amount of butter.
Arrange fillets in prepared pan.
Brush fish with remaining butter; sprinkle lightly with lemon juice, and spread with pesto.
Broil 5 inches from heat for 10 minutes... - 21.2265
Mix all ingredients together with a wire whip or food blender.
Use on any green salad.
This would also be good on many cooked vegetables that are to be served cold, such as carrots or zucchini. - 20.8284
Pesto is a mandatory side dish for many Italian recipes. Mashed basil with cheese makes easy pesto. Have your share of pasta with a bowl of Pesto. - 20.5847
Simple Pesto Recipes By Category