- » Simple Leek
Simple Leek Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple leek recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple leek recipes.
Sauteed Leeks And Fiddleheads
If you have access to fresh fiddleheads, here is a simple, easy and delicious dish to make. Dandy the Simple Chef makes sautéed Leeks and fiddleheads, all harvested by himself in his backyards. This recipe can be made with few simple ingredients and has easy... - 107.184
Young Leeks With Hollandaise Sauce
Trim the leeks, slit them and wash thoroughly. Lay them in a dish, add the water, cover and cook on full power for 6—8 minutes, rearranging once, until tender.
Let the dish stand for a few minutes, then drain and arrange the leeks on a heated serving dish... - 28.5028
Saute leeks in margarine in medium skillet until tender.
Add remaining ingredients; stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted. - 21.4057
Mix butter and coriander; spread over bread.
Arrange flaked tuna, quartered olives, sliced orange and leeks on bread. - 26.9856
Polenta With Leek Gravy
Saute the chopped leeks in the butter until limp.
Add the bread crumbs, mix and add the salami.
Brown lightly and add the water.
Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer, covered, forty-five minutes, adding more water if needed.
Turn the hot polenta onto a plate... - 28.5393
You will definitely thank me for sharing this Leek Fondue recipe. The Leek Fondue recipe is truly a good one. Go for it! - 17.9072
Braised Leeks And Bean Curd
Cut the bean curd into 3-cm (1 -in) squares.
Clean the leek and cut into 3-cm (1 - in) pieces.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the bean curd for 1 minute.
Add the leek and stir-fry for another minute.
Add 3 tablespoons of water and the soy sauce to... - 30.9748
Swordfish With Leek Cream
Prepare coals for grilling.
Brush fish with oil.
Place fish on greased grill over hot coals (coals will be glowing).
Grill, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. - 20.3459
Leeks In Pastry
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Thaw pastry and roll out edges.
Fit one sheet of pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
Over moderate heat, saute leeks in half the butter until liquid is absorbed.
Add sour cream and blend.
Pour leek mixture into crust; cut remaining butter... - 31.1934
Chicken Breasts With Leeks And Pine Nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 300°. In a skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden brown, 2 minutes. Transfer to a small plate.
2. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them... - 26.7575
Leeks With Blue Cheese And Hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
2. In a bowl toss the leeks with oil, add it to a large roasting pan containing stock and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the prepared leeks, dot with butter, cheese, nuts... - 36.7431
Light Leek Sauce
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine wine and fish bones. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter to prepare sauce.
3. Add the leeks, mix well and cover and cook on a medium... - 44.5949
Cut and discard the roots and tough leaves from the leeks.
Cut the leeks lengthwise in half and rinse under cold water to remove the dirt.
Then cut the leeks crosswise into 1/4"-thick slices (you should have 2 cups).
Lightly spray an unheated medium saucepan... - 37.6225
Leek And Mushroom Soup
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add leeks and mustard seeds and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft and golden.
2. Add mushrooms and thyme to pan and cook for 5 minutes longer. Add stock and pasta, bring to the boil,... - 30.7103
Leek And Chicken Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Rub whole chicken with half of lemon.
3) Take a casserole or Dutch oven with a tight cover; cover it after putting chicken with water and cook over low heat and bring to a boil.
4) In the... - 40.6299
Leek And Mackerel Penne Bake
1) Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack
2) Heat a frying pan and melt the butter. Stir fry the leeks till the become very soft. This will take 10 to 15 minutes.
3) After the leeks have cooked, add in the crème fraiche, capers and... - 36.2792
Leek And Cress Soup
Fry the bacon in a saucepan until it is crisp and has rendered most of its fat.
Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper towels.
Crumble the bacon and keep hot.
Add the butter to the saucepan.
When it has melted add the... - 44.1087
Because they are grown in loose, sandy soil, leeks often have grit lodged between their tightly packed leaves. To clean a leek, trim off the roots and the tough, dark tops of the leaves. Peel away the outer layer from the stalk and discard. Halve or quarter... - 44.2726
Cream Of Leek
– In a stove-top casserole, heat oil and saute leeks for 3 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes longer.
– Add flour and stir, Season with salt, pepper, basil, tarragon and savory. Pour stock into mixture and cook for 40 minutes.
– Run mixture... - 34.4981
Leek And Artichoke Soup
1.Take a pan; put artichokes in it and put water suffient to cover artichokes.
2.Allow the ingredients to boil, and once done, put the lid on and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
3.Strain; take off the peel.
4.Wash the pan and heat... - 41.3727
Leek And Artichoke Soup
1) In a saucepan, sautÃ© leeks and celery for 3 minutes.
2) Stir in artichokes, stock, bay leaf and season to taste.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 40 minutes or until artichokes are cooked.
4) Take the pan away from heat and allow... - 44.3221
Dried Apricot Ham And Leek Stuffed Chicken Breasts
To Prepare Chicken: Cut off all fat from chicken.
Cut a pocket horizontally into each breast by holding the knife parallel to the counter and cutting back as far as possible without cutting in half.
Leave a small edge uncut on 3 sides.
Place in shallow glass... - 42.2643
Potato And Leek Soup
This potato and leek soup recipe is a simple soup recipe that canbe prepared with a handful of ingredients. Cooked with chicken stock and cream, and flavored with worcestershire saue, the potao and leek soup can be cooked in the microwave and served as... - 43.0041
Slice the leeks very finely and arrange in a salad bowl.
Put the dressing ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
Pour over the leeks, add the capers and toss well.
Chill for 1 hour before serving. - 35.0157
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the leeks and onion and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
Stir in the stock, potatoes, parsley, celery and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the... - 39.5055
1. Combine potatoes, leeks, water, salt, pepper in 6-quart Low Pressure Cooker/Fryer; clamp on cover; bring up pressure on setting #9 (high heat); reduce to setting #2 (low heat); cook 20 minutes; turn off; reduce pressure.
2. Beat mixture with electric mixer... - 31.1032
Trying hard to appease your craving for a wonderful dish? Specially made to appease your taste-buds, this Vichyssoise uses some of the best liked combintaions of ingredients. Follow this easy and simple recipe to make Vichyssoise on your own. - 47.0953
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Take a 2 1/2 qt. glass casserole, place butter, leeks and onion in it.
3) Microwave (high) the ingredients for 3 minutes.
4) Add potatoes and broth.
5) Again Microwave (high) 12-15 minutes, stirring... - 38.3468
In a stockpot, melt butter; saute" leeks and onion until tender, but not golden.
Add potatoes and chicken stock; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into large container and stir in cream.
Cover... - 38.286
Add On Vichyssoise
Prepare leeks, then coarsely chop.
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Add leeks and onion; cook, stirring often, until leeks are very soft and slightly tinged with brown (about 30 minutes).
Add potatoes, broth, and cucumber.
Bring to a boil... - 42.1696
You ask why I am excited about sharing this vichyssoise recipe with you? simply because I think that this is the best recipe in the world. The vichyssoise is made with leeks and potatoes which can be easily found at any grocery store. This soup makes a... - 47.8266
1. Slice only the white portion of the leeks thinly
2. In a two litre casserole, melt butter/margarine for half a minute, add leek and onion to it and microwave for another three minutes till
3. Add celery, stock cubes potatoes and water, cover and... - 42.3822
In a 3-quart casserole, combine the leeks, onions, and margarine or butter.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the margarine or butter is melted.
Stir and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the potatoes and 2... - 42.2686
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 2-quart casserole dish, heat butter and leeks 3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, 3 to 4 minutes at HIGH.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Heat, covered, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes.
With... - 41.819
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© leeks for 5 minutes or until golden browned.
2) Stir in the potatoes, celery, stock and seasoning to taste.
3) Allow the leek mixture to boil.
4) Place the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes or until the... - 46.6032
1. Chop 1 inch from the top white end of leeks and slice away the roots.
2. Cut it lengthwise through the centre and then wash thoroughly in cold water.
3. Finely shred the leeks.
4. Peel onion and chop.
5. Peel potato and dice.
6. In a... - 45.8293
1) Mix glutamate powder or yeast with 1/4 pint water.
2) In a saucepan or in a pressure cooker, over low heat, heat butter and sauté leeks, potatoes and garlic in it for a few minutes.
3) Pour in water and salt and simmer, covered for 30 minutes in... - 48.1255
1. Remove the tops from leeks; slice leeks to make about 2/3 cup.
2. In a saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter or margarine till vegetables are tender but not brown.
3. Stir in the sliced potatoes, chicken broth or White Stock, and salt bring the... - 46.715
Creamy Vichyssoise Soup
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the green tops and discarding their green tops.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry the leeks and onions over medium low heat with constant stirring for 5 minute such that soft.
3. Add the stock,... - 47.5027
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise Soup
1. With a knife, peel and dice potatoes. Keep aside.
2. In a 2–litre microwaveable casserole, mix butter and leeks.
3. In the microwave, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the broth, salt and pepper.
5. In the... - 47.2413
Black Forest Potato Soup
1) In a large saucepan, place together leeks and onions with butter.
2) Cover with buttered wax and put the lid on.
3) Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are very soft.
4) Remove and discard paper, stir in the flour, and cook about 4... - 46.0987
Brussels Sprout, Leek & Mushroom Dressing
This simple yet delicious dressing is made from brussels sprouts, leeks and mushrooms and some crispy seasoned bread cubes. When these are combined you have a delicious accompaniment for roast turkey. - 119.653
Roasted Leeks In Dijon Vinaigrette
Tender, sweet and a little crisp around the edges, roasted leeks are a favorite in the The Natural Princess kitchen. When paired with a simple Dijon vinaigrette they are the perfect side dish for any main course. - 0
Potato And Leek Soup
Simple ingredients but yet filled with flavor that will make you go back for more. - 0
Simple Leek Recipes By Category