- » Simple Homemade Sauce
Simple Homemade Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple homemade sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple homemade sauce recipes.
Homemade Chimichurri Sauce
Bring in the flavors of Argentina to your dinner table with the spicy hot Chimichurri sauce. Bright and fresh, this thick herb condiment is just ideal for marinating and goes well with so many things like grilled chicken or steak. Plus, it’s quite... - 125.631
Roasted Pepper And Pecan Sauce
When you are looking for a zesty sauce recipe, you look no further than this. This yummy roasted pepper and pecan sauce is something that pairs well with almost all vegetarian and non-vegetarian food and is quite simple to make. Just follow the instructions... - 108.617
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
1. In blender, add tomato ketchup, red wine vinegar, water, and brown sugar.
2. Put Worcestershire sauce, and blend for 30 seconds on low.
3. Drop mustard powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and pepper sauce in it. Blend until nice and smooth.
4.... - 104.802
Sauce For Vegetable Terrine
Cook onions in olive oil until softened.
Add all ingredients, except cream.
Simmer 30 minutes.
Then, process in food processor with steel blade until pureed.
Return to heat and simmer until sauce has the consistency of relish.
Reduce cream to one-half over... - 47.7527
1. Chop the bell pepper up lengthwise, throw the seems and membrane away and retain the rest
2. Place the halves with their skin sides up on a baking sheet lined with foil and pflatten them with the hand
3. Broil them in the broiler for about fifteen... - 46.1132
Stuffed Turkey With Holiday Sauce
In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
Cook celery and onion in drippings until tender.
Toss lightly with stuffing mix, crumbs, broth, and egg.
Fill cavity of turkey loosely with stuffing.
Truss;... - 45.2279
Amberjack With Provencal Sauce
Saute first 4 ingredients in margarine in a skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
Stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Cook, uncovered, over low heat 30 minutes or until thickened.
Remove and discard bay leaf.
Stir in 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/4... - 44.0495
1) In a bowl, soak morilles in milk to cover for 1 hour.
2) Strain and squeeze the mushrooms and reserve milk, including residue, in a separate bowl.
3) Cautiously, pour off half the liquid, including residue and set aside.
4) Chop the mushrooms... - 43.9996
Artichokes With Romesco Sauce
To Make Sauce: In a food processor with the metal blade, process garlic and jalapeno until minced.
Add bread, tomatoes, vinegar, sherry, and nuts and process until ground.
With motor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube.
Remove sauce to bowl.
To Cook... - 43.7292
Mackerel With Ravigote Sauce
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Grease liberally with oil 4 large sheets of aluminum foil in which to wrap the fish.
Thoroughly wash and pat the mackerel dry.
Mix the salt with the pepper, lemon juice, parsley and oil.
Spread the mixture on the insides of the... - 43.6802
Shish Kabobs With Shallot Sauce
Combine marinade ingredients in bowl.
Divide kabob ingredients and thread onto skewers.
Arrange skewers in shallow dish.
Pour the marinade over the kabobs and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
When ready to grill, drain and discard... - 42.2093
Plums With Jubilee Sauce
Marinate plums in half of kirsch for 10 minutes.
Drain and reserve marinade; thread plum halves on short wooden skewers.
Heat butter with sugar in frying pan.
Stir constantly and cook 1 minute.
Add cherry juice, cherries and orange juice; mix well.
Add... - 41.9614
Seafood Pinwheels With Havarti Sauce
Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
Gently rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels.
Season with salt and white pepper; sprinkle with lemon juice.
Cut seasoned fillets into 20 strips, 5 to 6 inches long and 1 to 1-1/2 inches wide.
Roll up each strip like a pinwheel;... - 41.8027
Fruit Sparkle Sauce
1. Drain canned fruit cocktail; reserve syrup.
2. In a saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch and salt.
3. Stir in water, reserved syrup and orange juice concentrate.
4. Stir constantly and cook until sauce boils and thickens.
5. Stir... - 41.751
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the food processor or blender, combine the bread crumbs and garlicand puree together.
3) To the puree, add the fish stock, paprika, cayenne, salt, and egg yolk.
4) Again process to puree until smooth.
5)... - 41.7081
1) Drain anchovy fillets.
2) Chop two fillets and reserve the rest for garnishing.
3) In a blender or food processor, mix chopped anchovies with all remaining ingredients.
4) Blend until smooth done.
5) Spoon into 2-cup container with... - 41.1984
Autumn Fruit In Spiced Sauce
Combine raisins and brandy in a bowl; set aside.
Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts.
Add apple and pear; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Combine sugar and... - 41.0249
Venison In Rich Sauce
Put water in a deep bowl, adding enough vinegar to flavor it.
Add onions, carrots, parsley roots, celery root, laurel leaves, peppercorns and salt.
Put the haunch of venison with bone already cut off into the bowl so it is completely covered by vinegar... - 40.9392
1. In a pan, stew dates in a little water for about 10-15 minutes until done.
2. Beat to a stiff puree.
3. In a bowl, mix rice flour with little milk and stir to mix.
4. Add remaining milk and stir.
5. Boil the mixture and cook stirring for 5... - 39.81
Braised Artichokes With Batter Sauce
Trim stems and remove loose outer leaves from artichokes.
Cut off 1 inch from tops; snip off sharp leaf tips.
Cut length wise into quarters and remove the fuzzy "choke."
Brush cut edges with lemon juice.
Place artichokes in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch baking... - 39.3671
1.Heat butter until melted and cook shallots in it till they are transparent.
2.Put fish broth and wine and cook the mixture until it is diminished to half.
3.Stir in soft butter, parsley and Sauce Veloute.
4.Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper and... - 35.9655
Florentine Sauce For Pasta
Carefully wash spinach and break off tough ends.
Chop spinach leaves, then steam for 2-3 minutes.
Drain well, pressing through sieve or colander to make sure all water is removed; set aside.
In top of a double boiler over boiling water, heat liquid Butter... - 34.1936
Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Saute mushrooms, ham, onion and shallots in butter.
Add hot beef stock, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the brown sauce and red wine.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until the desired consistency is obtained.
Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. - 33.8167
Curried Sauce For Turkey Or Chicken
In a saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic, onion and apple for 5 minutes.
Stir in curry powder and saute for 1 minute more.
Stir in flour and gradually add chicken broth and cream.
Stir over low heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Season to taste and add... - 33.7981
Heat oil in deep frying pan.
When hot, add shallots, garlic, parsley and tarragon; cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
Add wine, bay leaf and season with pepper; cook 6 to 7 minutes over high heat.
Mix in brown sauce; cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add... - 33.7611
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium heat until margarine melts.
Add mushrooms and shallots; saute, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are tender.
Add flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add water and... - 33.7013
Skate Wings In Sauce
Rinse the skate wings under plenty of cold running water and dry carefully.
Prick with a fork and arrange, side by side in a dish.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, concentrated tomato juice, cognac and 1/4... - 33.2445
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic and saute until golden, or about 2 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients except pasta water or chicken stock and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and... - 33.0657
In a 4-cup (1-quart) microwavesafe bowl or saucepan, stir together cherries and juice, cranberry sauce, cornstarch, jelly, and vinegar.
Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 6 to 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, or cook on top of the stove over moderate... - 32.4597
Fruit Sparkle Sauce
Drain fruit cocktail, reserving syrup.
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt; blend in water.
Add syrup and concentrate.
Cook and stir till mixture thickens and boils.
Add fruit; chill.
Stir in pecans. - 32.278
1. Roast the red and green peppers over a charcoal fire, under the broiler, or in a hot oven until well charred, turning often. Put in a paper bag until cool enough to handle. Peel, seed, and dice the peppers.
2. Steam the green beans, broccoli, zucchini, and... - 32.1132
This mop sauce recipe is a homemade sauce recipe. Cooked with cider vinegar and water base, it is spiced with cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce and worcestershire sauce. With lemon to flavor, it is boiled to a finish and is best served warm. - 32.0082
In a small bowl mix together the wasabi powder and 1 teaspoon water.
Let stand for 5 minutes to develop flavor.
Place the ginger and sake in a 2-cup microwavesafe measure.
Cover and heat on high (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds or until mixture comes to a full... - 31.8181
1. Simmer finely minced onion in wine or fish liquor.
2. Add butter and mix thoroughly, season to taste.
3. Stir in parsley and lime juice. - 31.6495
Heat butter in saucepan.
Add parsley, chives, garlic and tarragon; cook 3 minutes over low heat.
Mix in flour and continue cooking 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock and season well with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
Mix and cook sauce 10 to 12 minutes over low... - 31.6465
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil, add the garlic, and saute just until it begins to color (only a minute or two). Add the onions and saute until they become opaque. Add the salt, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
2. Add the tomatoes and... - 31.5521
Ziti With Summer Sauce
1. In a nonreactive large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add zucchini and red pepper and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly softened. Add... - 31.4795
1. In a medium skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over moderate heat. Add garlic, pepper flakes, tomato, and bread crumbs. Saute 3 minutes. Add chili powder and saute an additional 2 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender. Add... - 31.3842
Ten Second Hollandatse Sauce
Let egg yolks and lemon juice stand (separately) at room temperature for at least 2 hours before using.
Heat blender container with hot running water.
Leave 1 tablespoon hot water in the bottom.
Add egg yolks and turn on blender.
Pour in melted... - 31.3635
Spiced Prune Sauce
In 1-quart casserole, combine water, prunes, and spices.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 5 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 5 minutes.
Stir in brown sugar.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 2 minutes. - 31.2265
Sherried Date Sauce
1) Chop the dates lengthwise in quarters.
2) In a plastic bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours.
3) Top sherried date sauce on desserts and ice creams. - 30.5171
Spiced Prune Sauce
In saucepan combine water, prunes, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in brown sugar.
Cook 5 minutes more. - 29.7335
Sauce Alla Siciliana
In skillet cook green pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil till vegetables are tender.
Stir in chopped tomatoes, olives, capers, basil, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper.
Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or till sauce is slightly... - 29.6315
In a food processor with the metal blade, process ginger until minced.
Add 1 1/2 cups peaches and the rhubarb and pulse until coarsely chopped.
Remove to a medium microwavesafe bowl and stir in honey and lime juice.
Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 14... - 29.4543
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat without letting it brown. Remove the pan from the heat, add the flour, and stir together thoroughly.
2. Add the milk and the cream, and beat with a whisk to dissolve the flour partially. Then return... - 29.1029
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add onion and caraway seeds; saute until onion is tender.
Add yogurt and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
Cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). - 28.8185
Mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
Add berries and water to sugar mixture.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick.
Stir in lemon juice.
Store in refrigerator.
Good on ice cream or angel food cake. - 28.3931
Blend together all ingredients.
Add raisins, if desired.
Refrigerate until cold. - 28.1618
Spinach Parmesan Sauce
Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves.
Place in a large Dutch oven.
Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until spinach wilts.
Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in container of an electric blender or food processor; top with... - 27.9997
Heat sour cream.
Blend in salt and dill.
Gently stir in drained diced tomato.
Heat 1 min.
Gently mix in diced avocado. - 27.926
Sauce A L Orange
In saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
Blend in remaining ingredients; stir until smooth.
1 1/2 cups sauce.
Especially good with roast duck. - 27.7687
Aioli Sauce Garlic Mayonnaise
Have you experienced the joy of this Aioli Sauce Garlic Mayonnaise recipe, yet? This compelling Aioli Sauce Garlic Mayonnaise is the Side Dish of choice for a winning meal. Trust me! I am saying that you must try this Aioli Sauce Garlic Mayonnaise. - 27.7454
Put all ingredients into blender container.
Cover and process at GRIND 3 or 4 cycles until dates are chopped.
Pour into small saucepan and slowly bring to a boil and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
Pour over hot Graham Cracker Cake - 27.4249
Serv1ceberry Sauce For Venison
Add sugar to berries and crush with potato masher.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer slowly until mixture thickens slightly. - 27.031
Sauce For Boiled New Potatoes
Heat butter in large skillet.
Add garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook quickly, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley, chives and mung bean sprouts.
Heat through and pour over potatoes. - 26.6981
Pico De Gallo Sauce
In small bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro and salt.
Cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight. - 26.6714
1. In a heatproof bowl, take egg yolks, sugar and Madeira. Whisk it.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water. Continue to whisk it for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes frothy and is thick enough to leave a ribbon trail. ... - 26.3053
Combine all ingredients in processor or blender and mix until well blended. - 26.279
Place steel blade in work 'bowl; add beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
Process till mixture is smooth.
Use for basting pork chops, steaks, or hamburgers during last 5 minutes of barbecuing.
Heat remaining sauce to pass, or add browned... - 26.2632
1. In a small saucepan, combine milk and chicken stock. Bring just to a simmer over medium-low heat. Keep warm. - 26.2475
Banana Split Sauce
Combine strawberries, banana, and pineapple in container of an electric blender or food processor; top with cover, and process until smooth.
Stir in pecans and flavorings. - 26.1946
1. Beat the egg yolks, salt, pepper and lemon juice till light and fluffy.
2. Hold the vessel over a pan of boiling water and heat till the mixture begins to thicken.
3. Gradually add butter and continue to heat.
4. Cool and refrigerate. Can be used as an... - 25.7826
Sauce A L Orange
Brown onion in shortening.
Blend in remaining ingredients; stir until smooth.
Heat.1 1/2.cups sauce.
Especially good with roast duck. - 25.7194
In blender container combine pork and beans in tomato sauce, tomato sauce, water, chili seasoning mix, and Worcestershire sauce.
Cover and blend the mixture till smooth.
Use sauce to baste pork chops, steaks, or hamburgers during last 5 minutes of... - 25.5221
Caramel Coffee Sauce
Melt butter in saucepan.
Add sugar and cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and is caramel color.
Combine remaining ingredients and stir into caramel mixture.
Continue cooking until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, stirring. - 24.5898
Bourbon Burnt Sugar Sauce
In a dry large deep heavy skillet cook the sugar over moderately high heat, stirring constantly with a fork, until it is melted completely and a deep golden caramel.
Remove the skillet from the heat, into the side of the skillet carefully pour 1/2 cup hot... - 24.3489
Come And Get It Sauce For Vegetables
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently; do not allow to boil.
Spoon over vegetable when serving, or place vegetable in a casserole, top with sauce, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and place under broiler until crumbs are brown, 1-2 minutes.
Ideal... - 24.3357
Press raspberries through a fine sieve, extracting as much juice as possible.
Combine raspberry juice with sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
Chill until ready to use. - 22.828
Combine all ingredients except pineapple and peppers.
Cook until mixture thickens, 3 minutes on high, stirring after every 30 seconds.
Add pineapple and peppers and cook 1 minute longer, on high, or just until mixture boils. - 22.6217
Beat egg yolks until thick and add sugar gradually.
Continue to beat until sugar is melted.
Add salt and wine.
Pour into top of a double boiler and set over hot water so water does not touch bottom of top section.
Beat until mixture is light and creamy. - 22.5267
Sherried Date Sauce
Cut dates length wise in quarters.
Combine with remaining ingredients; cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours. - 22.5265
Butter Cheese And White Truffle Sauce
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with a whisk until it is smooth and fluffy. Beat in 1/2 cup of cheese and then the cream, adding the cream about 1 tablespoon at a time and beating well after each addition.
2. Cook the pasta, drain it, and place it in a... - 21.5562
Sauce For Cauliflower
Put sour cream, mustard, ham and bread crumbs together in saucepan.
Stir gently over medium heat until warm.
Stir in mung bean sprouts.
Pour over cauliflower. - 21.4509
Combine ingredients in small saucepan.
Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 21.031
Mix all ingredients.Freshly cooked broccoli or green beans, or use as a superb salad dressing on crisp greens. - 20.2809
1. Pick over and wash the chickpeas and put them in a bowl. Pour in water to cover. Let soak overnight.
2. Add lemon juice and blend in an electric blender or process in a food processor until smooth, adding more water if necessary. Season with salt to taste. - 20.0796
1. Put the yogurt and garlic in a blender and process until the garlic is totally dissolved.
2. Pour into a serving dish or spoon over vegetables. - 19.8244
Heat all ingredients to rolling boil in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently - 19.776
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Welcome to the SimpleCookingChannel. Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my homemade cranberry sauce. - 0
Simple Homemade Sauce Recipes By Category
Simple Homemade Sauce Dish: