- » Simple Flan
Simple Flan Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple flan recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple flan recipes.
Parmesan Flan With Tomatoes And Basil
Would you like to make an elegant parmesan flan with tomatoes and basil for meal. See this video that shares a recipe to make this beautiful and appetizing dish effortlessly. Enjoy this flavorful dish for first course or main course at a light supper with... - 120.541
Flan is a great dessert to serve during the Holidays. Watch this video for a very simple method to make it. The chef has her own style of making flan and assures to get a wonderful dessert. So if you are planning some desserts for the Holidays. Try flan too. - 112.139
Summer Berry Flan
Summer if the perfect time for berry tarts and flans! There is nothing more perfect than a slice of cold, colorful fresh berry flan while sitting out on the porch on a sunny and breezy day. This recipe may seem to be labor intensive and you could end up with... - 109.27
Creamy Low-fat Pumpkin Flan
This Pumpkin Flan is so delicious, it is hard to believe that it is low-fat. Chef John makes this great variation of the classic caramel custard, using canned pumpkin. Though the recipe would be great any time of year, it is ideal for the holiday season. It... - 104.691
Almond Flavored Flan With Berry Salsa
Looking for a unique dessert recipe that is sure to leave everyone's taste buds pleased and is also easy to make? Then watch this video and learn to make the perfect flan, with a very yummy sauce! Watch to know more! - 86.2919
Fruit Flan Pudding
1 Preheat the oven to 425F.
2 In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
3 Gently rub in the ghee with fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
4 Mix in cold water and knead in to a stiff dough.
5 Turn on to... - 49.1874
Fit And Fabulous Flan
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Heat an 8-inch skillet and add ¼ cup sugar. Stir on medium heat till sugar melts and turns golden brown.
3. Take six custard cups of 6 ounce each and transfer the melted sugar into them quickly just coating the... - 47.7611
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Prick bottom and sides of pie shells.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven; cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
In a large skillet cook and stir bacon until crisp.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
Add... - 46.757
Flan D Antilles
1.Sieve flour with salt on a platform or pastry board.
2.Fold in sugar, butter, vanilla essence and egg yolks and mix well using fingers.
3.Knead the mixture softly until smooth.
4.Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5.Roll the pastry out and bake... - 46.6858
1) Heat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
2) In a bowl, sift flour and salt.
3) Mix in the butter and margarine and using fingertips rub in to the mix till appearance is like breadcrumbs.
4) Add enough cold water to form a firm... - 46.4027
Cheese And Prawn Shrimp Flan
1) Dust flour over the working table.
2) Roll out the dough.
3) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
4) Blind bake the pastry case in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and stir in the flour... - 46.1361
Hot Dog Flan
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the sausages until golden brown.
3) Using a perforated ladle remove the sausages from the pan.
4) In the same pan, sautÃ© in the onion and bacon for 3 to 5... - 45.9456
Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
Rub in fat until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then mix to a soft dropping consistency with the beaten eggs, Worcestershire sauce and water.
Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon, then turn mixture into an 8-inch... - 45.8872
Barbecued Game Flan
1) Grease a 7 inch flan case or loose bottomed cake tin.
2) In a bowl add the egg and butter and beat.
3) Add to the potatoes and mix well
4) Use the mix to line the tin, sticking it well onto the sides aswell.
5) Brush the inside with... - 45.5081
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, add sugar and whisk thoroughly
2. Now, work the flour up to a easy to roll dough with your hands; chill it to the required consistency if need be
3. Roll this dough out into twelve 3” rounds and line twelve... - 45.5041
1) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring.
3) Set on a baking sheet.
4) Blind bake the pastry in hot oven 400°F for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and firm.
5)... - 45.4996
Raspberry Almond Flan
1) Preheat oven at 190°C, 375°F/Gas 5.
2) In a bowl, place the flour. Add butter to rub with the flour.
3) Add 50 g (2 oz) sugar to combine with the flour and bind with beaten egg.
4) Knead the flour properly to a smooth dough.
5) In another... - 45.3186
Sieve flour and seasonings into a mixing bowl.
Rub butter into flour with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Mix egg yolk, lemon juice and water together.
Add to flour and mix with a round bladed knife to form a stiff dough.
Cover... - 45.1961
Cabbage Flan is a very high protein diet. The eggs give the Cabbage Flan a unique taste. - 44.8553
Chocolate Cheesecake Flan
Line a 23cm (9in) flan tin with plastic food wrap, leaving some plastic wrap hanging over sides to make it easy to remove cheesecake when set.
Melt chocolate in double saucepan over simmering water.
Spread two-thirds of the melted chocolate over base and... - 44.7677
Put the frozen chestnuts in a deep casserole and pour over the milk.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Put the celery, bacon and shallots in a small casserole and cover.
Leave the chestnuts to stand for 5 minutes and microwave the bacon, celery and... - 43.4649
Finnan Haddie Flan
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until soft.
Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the juices run.
Add the tomatoes and Cook for 1 minute.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Allow to cool.
Put... - 43.3479
Sardine Flan Florentine
Butterfly the sardines: cut the head almost through from the backbone and pull.
As the head comes off, the gut will come with it.
Slit the fish along the belly and lift out the backbone, cutting the tail off with kitchen scissors.
Rub off scales with kitchen... - 43.2426
1) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6.
2) Lightly grease an 8 inch (20 cm) flan tin or shallow plate.
3) In a bowl, combine potatoes and flour.
4) Place the mixture to shape into the greased pan.
5) Place the pan inside oven to... - 42.8276
Smoked Salmon Flan
1.Ready the flan ring and preheat the oven.
2.Place the pastry on the flan ring.
3.Pierce it well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4.Combine cream, egg, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
5.Spread salmon on the pastry and top it with alayer... - 41.8445
Vanilla Caramel Flan
Preheat oven to 325°.
Combine 1/3 cup sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
Immediately pour into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray, tipping quickly until... - 41.6858
I made this Spaghetti Flan last weekend when I had some guests at home. Believe me, they loved it and wanted a second and third serving! I am sure they would have eaten more if there was any left. Try this wonderful Spaghetti Flan recipe for yourself! - 41.5351
Carmelize 1/2 cup sugar in a skillet by heating the sugar, stirring with a wood spoon, until it turns a deep brown.
Pour into a 1 -1/2 qt. souffle dish or flan mold, tilt the mold to coat the entire bottom and put a little up the sides of the mold.
In a large... - 40.9203
In 8-inch skillet caramelize the 1/3 cup sugar by heating and stirring it over medium heat until it is melted and golden brown in color.
Quickly pour into an 8-inch round baking dish, tilting the dish so that the caramelized mixture spreads over the entire... - 40.7661
Surprise Sausage Flan
On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough to fit a 9-inch (23-cm) flan tin with a removable bottom.
Place dough in tin without stretching.
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
To make filling, heat oil in a small skillet.
Add onion and fry until soft.
Add... - 40.7175
1) Using foil line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan, letting it extend about 2 inches above each end of pan.
2) Over a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into an 18-by-14-inch rectangle.
3) Gently fold the pastry in half.
4) Carefully lift... - 40.714
Preheat oven to 350°.
Caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in a small heavy skillet.
Pour into mold and turn the mold around quickly, tilting it from side to side until the mold is coated on the bottom and halfway up the sides.
Beat eggs lightly; slowly add 1... - 40.5031
A popular Latin American Flan.Here is an authentic tried and tested recipe to delicious baked Flan that you would find in most of the American restaurants.Serve with whipped cream. - 40.2766
Brandied Caramel Flan
Place 3/4 cup sugar in a large, heavy skillet.
Cook, over medium heat, until sugar melts and forms a light-brown syrup; stir to blend.
Immediately pour syrup into a heated 8-1/4- inch round, shallow baking dish; holding dish with pot holders, quickly rotate,... - 40.1008
Flan is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this Flan recipefor every party! - 39.2264
To caramelize sugar, in a heavy skillet cook 1/3 cup sugar over medium-high heat until the sugar begins to melt, shaking skillet occasionally.
Do not stir.
Once the sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes or until all of the sugar is... - 39.1274
This Flan is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare baked side dish; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 38.7433
Swiss Spinach Flan
Cook the spinach and chop finely, adding the butter, seasoning and nutmeg.
Line a very deep flan ring or tin with the thinly rolled pastry.
Put the spinach at the bottom of this.
Beat together eggs, and cream, top of the milk or evaporated milk; season... - 38.3456
Hazelnut Flan And Raspberries
1. In a food processor grind the hazelnuts adding honey & lemon juice.
2. Into an 8" /20cm quiche or flan dish press the mixture and chill.
3. Thereafter whip the cream.
4. Into the pie shell pat down the raspberries, sprinkle with the... - 38.1348
Combine the egg yolks and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well.
Beat in the evaporated milk and condensed milk.
Beat in the lemon zest and vanilla.
Chill, covered, until serving time.
Place the sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Cook until melted and... - 37.9985
In 1-cup glass measure, thoroughly combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the water.
Cook at HIGH for 1 3/4 minutes or till sugar is caramelized.
Quickly pour syrup into bottom of a 1 1/2 -quart microwave ring mold or four 6-ounce custard cups. (For custard cups,... - 37.5839
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Pour caramelized sugar into a well-buttered 9" layer cake pan.
Beat egg yolks lightly with sugar, salt, and vanilla; gradually mix in hot milk.
Pour into pan, set in a large, shallow pan, and pour in hot water to a depth of... - 37.3639
In a small saucepan cook the 1/4 cup sugar over medium high heat till sugar begins to melt; shake pan occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and cook till sugar is melted and golden brown (about 5 minutes more), stirring occasionally.
Quickly pour caramelized sugar... - 37.094
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place sugar in small saucepan.
On medium heat begin to dissolve sugar, stirring frequently.
Continue to cook for about 4-7 minutes and until sugar turns into caramel or amber color.
Warning: Sugar will get very hot.
Divide the... - 35.7249
Savory Pumpkin Flan
1. Brush each sheet of pastry with oil and fold in half Layer pastry, one folded piece on top of the other to give eight layers. Place an 18cm/7in flan dish upside down on layered pastry and cut around dish, making a circle 3cm / 1 1/4in larger. Lift all... - 34.6495
Preheat oven to 450Ã‚Â°.
Simmer milk slowly for 5-6 minutes with orange or lemon peel, cinnamon stick, and 1 cup sugar.
In the meantime, prepare caramel by melting 2/3 cup sugar in a small pan.
Watch constantly and move pan so that sugar will take on an... - 34.5441
Sultry Summer Flan
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In small nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons sugar over medium-high heat. When sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook sugar, stirring and shaking pan occasionally. When sugar has caramelized (turned medium... - 34.3931
French Flan Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Whisk the egg yolk, lemon juice and 30ml/2 tbsp of the water together in a bowl. Sprinkle over the dry ingredients. Stir in with a fork to... - 33.7467
Flan Sol Y Sombra
Blend eggs, honey, and salt.
Add remaining ingredients except nutmeg.
Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish; pour in mixture and sprinkle nutmeg over top.
Set dish in a pan of warm water and bake in preheated very slow oven (250°F.) for 2 hours, or... - 33.3766
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place a 9-inch square pan in a pan of hot water.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored and fluffy.
Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla and milk.
Beat until thoroughly mixed.
In small saucepan, heat 1 cup... - 33.1559
1 Caramelize the sugar in a heavy skillet. Transfer while hot to the bottom of a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole or mold, or to 4 to 6 individual baking dishes.
2 Sprinkle the pecans on top of the caramelized sugar.
3 Blend remaining ingredients together in an... - 32.5559
Caramelize sugar in small skillet until light brown syrup forms.
Spread on sides and bottom of 6 custard cups immediately.
Scald milk in large saucepan; stir in eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla gradually.
Pour into custard cups.
Set cups in pan of... - 32.5281
Select a pan of at least 1 quart capacity which will fit inside pressure cooker.
Spread sugar over bottom of pan.
Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
Remove from heat.
Beat eggs in a bowl; beat in milk,... - 32.1668
Biscuit Crust Or Flan Crust
Beat butter and sugar in a bowl.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add to butter mixture.
Add enough cold water to make a stiff dough.
Divide into two portions and roll each portion into a circle 11 to 11 1/2 inches in diameter, on a lightly... - 32.0479
1 Caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and browned. Pour immediately into the bottoms of 6 buttered custard cups.
2 Beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add the remaining cup of sugar, beating... - 31.7629
Flan A La Salade
1 Dissolve gelatin in the boiling water. Remove 3/4 cup gelatin mixture and let stand at room temperature. Pour remaining gelatin into a blender container. Add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, and lemonade concentrate. Cover and blend just until smooth.... - 29.7753
Brown Sugar Flan
Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the bottom of a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
With an electric mixer, beat together the remaining ingredients until they are well blended and the consistency is smooth. Pour into the loaf pan. Cover and seal... - 29.7421
Cream the butter or margarine, sugar and golden syrup.
Add the cornflakes.
Form into a flan shape.
Either set in a cool place for a short time or brown for 10 minutes in a very moderate oven, 325°F.
Fill with fruit and decorate with cream if liked. - 24.5991
Method Make pastry dough and chill.
Roll out, line flan ring; flute or scallop edges.
Spread bottom of dough first with jam, then marmalade.
Set oven at moderately hot (375Â°F).
Cream butter in a bowl, add sugar and grated lemon rind; beat until light and... - 22.9046
Simple Flan Recipes By Category