- » Simple Fennel
Simple Fennel Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple fennel recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple fennel recipes.
Fennel is a lovely vegetable that is not very popular inspite of its unique flavor. Chef in the video makes an attempt to familiarize you with this humble vegetable that can do wonders to a recipe it is added to or simply bowl over your taste buds if eaten on... - 123.457
Summer Fennel Salad
The nutty almonds and citronette complement the slight licorice hint of the fennel. This is one of those salads in which the sum is greater than its parts. It's so simple, yet all the flavors marry perfectly together. This cold salad makes a wonderful side to... - 101.446
Fennel And Swiss Luiche
To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Goat a 9" pie plate with no-stick spray.
In a large bowl or food processor, combine the flour, salt, and sugar.
Blend with a pastry blender or process briefly to mix.
Add the oil and butter or margarine and stir... - 50.4048
Veloute Of Fennel
The Veloute Of Fennel is a mouth watering vegetarian soup which often takes the limelight of any spread. This filling soup packs in to it a set of unique and irresistible flavors that your vegan and non vegan friends will love. You just shouldnâ€™t miss... - 46.933
Fennel Red Snapper
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Wash and dry fish thoroughly.
3. In a bowl, make a mixture by combining together butter, lemon juice, fennel seeds, garlic, tarragon and salt.
4. Spread the butter evenly over fish fillets.
5. Roll them up and... - 46.2013
Teriyaki Steak With Fennel Slaw
1. Combining the soy, vinegar and honey.
2. Add the steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
3. Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander and chill until serving.
5. In a griddle sear the... - 45.8763
Veloute Of Fennel
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add the fennel, cover, and slowly braise, stirring occasionally, until the fennel is completely softened and lightly browned, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer the fennel to a food... - 45.6074
Cut off the tops of the fennel and remove any outer stalks that may be discolored.
Wash well and cut each head into wedges.
Poach them in the chicken broth in a large pan with a tight-fitting lid for twenty minutes.
When tender, lift out the fennel with a... - 45.1936
Dogfish With Fennel Ratatouille
Put the onion, bacon and oil into a dish and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Mix together the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
Pour into the dish on top of the onions.
Add the white wine.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5... - 45.0236
1 Set up a steamer ready for use, with the water heating in the lower compartment.
2 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3 Rinse the fennel well.
4 Dry them and slice lengthwise into wide, fairly thick slices.
5 Put the fennel in the steamer and... - 44.7334
Are you looking for a great Fennel Parmigiana recipe? If you like this recipe of Fennel Parmigiana, please share on Facebook. - 43.9419
Bream With Fennel And White Wine
Make two deep incisions along the back of the fish.
Insert the fennel sprigs in the incisions.
Place the thyme sprigs and butter inside the fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a rack in a roasting tin.
Pour over the wine and olive oil... - 43.6269
Fennel Onion Casserole Loaf
Combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
Combine cottage cheese, milk, and margarine in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until margarine melts, stirring occasionally.
Cool to 120° to... - 43.5
Aromatic Mullet With Fennel
Clean and dry fillets.
Make 2 or 3 shallow incisions on both sides of each fillet.
Place fillets in a shallow ceramic or glass dish.
Mix marinade ingredients together.
Pour marinade over fish and leave in a cool place for 3 hours.
Do not refrigerate.
Place... - 43.4435
Fennel Marinated Salmon
1. Chop the fennel tops to form 4 tablespoons of finely chopped greens.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the chopped fennel, 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) of the oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper together to make a uniform dressing.
3. Wash the fish and... - 43.2885
Finocchio Fennel With Ginger And Pineapple
1) Remove all green stalks, wilted outer leaves and base of finocchio.
2) In a sauce pan, heat butter and mix in apple juice and the finocchio.
3) Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes on reducing heat.
4) In the meantime, mix lemon juice... - 42.9205
Fennel And Honey Creme Brulee
Dry-roast the fennel seeds in a hot pan until they are fragrant.
Pour the cream and milk into a saucepan and add the roasted fennel seeds.
Slowly heat to just below the boiling point.
Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
Stand a 1-litre gratin... - 41.8491
Rosemary Fennel Breadsticks
In large bowl, combine yeast, salt, fennel seeds, rosemary, pepper, and 2 cups flour.
With spoon, stir in 1 1/3 cups very warm water (120° to 130°F.); beat vigorously with spoon 1 minute.
Stir in olive oil.
Gradually stir in 2 1/4 cups flour.
Turn dough... - 41.7857
Monkf Ish With Fennel
Remove the central cartilage and rinse the fish under plenty of cold running water.
Pat dry on kitchen paper.
Cut into thick pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Drain the fish with a slotted spatula and transfer... - 41.3942
Heat beer, water, and butter to 120°F (48°C).
In large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups (500 ml) flour, yeast, salt, fennel seed, and warmed mixture.
Mix with doughmaker at recommended speed for 3 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) flour and... - 41.3862
Soused Mackerel With Fennel
Put the tomato juice in a small casserole.
Stir in the fennel, white wine, thyme and bayleaf.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Rinse the mackerel thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry on kitchen paper.
Sprinkle salt and pepper in the base... - 41.3409
Stewed Fennel With Ham
1) Remove a thin piece from the root of each fennel bulb and then cut off the tops of stems, saving the feathery fronds.
2) Torn the feathery fronds into small pieces.
3) Slice the ham into fine cubes.
4) Take a dish and place the fennel... - 40.3135
1. Cook the fennel in boiling salted water for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion; chop the cooked chicken and the chicken livers.
3. Melt half the butter in a pan, add the onion and livers and cook thoroughly, stirring continuously. Add... - 39.2505
Fennel Marinated Roast Pork
With a sharp knife, pierce the meat six or eight times, forcing generous pinches of chopped fennel into these slits in sufficient quantity so that, when the roast is carved, the cross section will present a pattern of green spots.
Place the meat in a large... - 38.3147
Put 2 tablespoons of stock in a large, heavy-bottom pot.
Add the leeks, onions, and fennel and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted.
Do not let the vegetables brown.
Add more stock, if necessary.
Add the... - 38.2024
Wash fennel and cut into thin slices from top to bottom.
Melt the butter in a pan, add the fennel, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and keep it warm.
Add the remaining ingredients to the... - 37.7897
Tabbouleh With Fennel
1. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour over enough cold water to cover. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the wheat through a sieve, pressing out any excess water using a spoon.
3. Halve the fennel bulbs and carefully cut into very fine slices... - 37.7884
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Trim off the top leaves and tough outer stalks of the fennel.
Trim the base.
Slice the fennel from top to bottom into quarter inch slices.
Drop the slices into boiling salted water and simmer until tender, five minutes or... - 37.203
1. Prepare hearts or cut stalks in 1-inch pieces.
2. In a saucepan, bring water or broth to a boil.
3. Add fennel and salt and boil for 10 to 15 minutes until tender crisp.
4. Drain liquid and empty fennel into serving dish.
5. Season... - 36.9341
Fennel And Tomato Gratin
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan, then add the fennel, cover and stew over a low heat for 15 mins. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 10-20 mins until the fennel is soft (the timing depends on how thick the fennel is). Add tomatoes and simmer,... - 36.8982
Classic Fennel Vichyssoise
In a large saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons of the stock or broth, the leeks, onions and fennel.
Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are wilted, stirring often. (If necessary, add more of the stock or broth during cooking to prevent... - 36.7024
Fennel And Fig Antipasto
Trim the stalks and "hair" from the fennel bulb.
(They can be saved for salads.) Quarter the bulb; cut out and discard the core.
Chop the fennel into bite-size pieces.
In a flat vegetable dish, combine the fennel with the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Toss... - 36.5396
Fennel Shrimp Chowder
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Cut off and discard upper stalks of fennel, reserving some feathery leaves for garnish. Remove wilted outer layer of stalks and cut off a thin slice from base. Finely chop fennel bulb. Break off and discard... - 36.2048
Belon Oyster Ceviche Luith Beluga Caviar On Pickled Fennel Roots
Open the oysters, using an oyster knife.
Remove the little muscle (where the oyster is actually attached to the shell).
Wash the oysters with cold running water; pat dry.
Cook fennel for 30 seconds in boiling salted water; drain.
Chill in ice water;... - 36.1833
Fennel Braised With Bacon
1) Prepare the fennel, cut into 8 longitudinal pieces, trimming a little at the base.
2) In a pan , saute the bacon and onion in butter for 2 min ; stir in the fennel and blend well into the butter.
3) Pour in the stock, season well with salt and... - 36.0224
Wholemeal Macaroni Cheese With Fennel
1. Cook the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water for 7-10 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
2. Heat the milk, onion and bay leaf in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow the milk to infuse for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the... - 35.7221
Slice white part of fennel into Winch rings.
Wash and pat dry.
Save some 'green leaves to garnish the platter.
Mix flour, egg, milk, and seasonings in a bowl.
This will be a smooth batter.
Heat oil in medium skillet.
While oil is heating, dip pieces of fennel... - 35.4556
Florence fennel is a baked recipe made with fennel roots and cheese. Prepared with the savory taste of mornay sauce, the florence fennel is topped withbreadcrumbs and baked to a brown top. - 35.1048
1.Start by washing and scraping the fennel
2.Also cut the bulb and stalks into 1 inch pieces
3.In a pot, cover with boiling water, add salt and cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes
4.Once cooked completely, remove and drain it
5.Serve... - 35.1005
1. In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter; add fennel and onions, stirring for 1 minute. Cover and cook slowly about 30 minutes, until tender crisp, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine ginger, coriander, cumin, cayenne,... - 34.9027
Trim fennel bulbs and cut into 1/2- to 1/4-inch slices.
Cover fennel with salted water in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat to simmer.
Continue cooking, uncovered, until fennel slices are fork tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Drain and... - 34.0158
Fennel And Anchovy Antipasto
Finely slice the fennel and place in a bowl of iced water.
Peel and segment the grapefruit, removing the outer pith and seeds.
Drain the fennel and pat dry.
Arrange the fennel, grapefruit segments and capers in a serving dish.
Drape over the anchovy fillets... - 33.8055
Gratin Of Fennel
1. Cut off root end and tough stalks from each fennel bulb. Cut each bulb lengthwise in half; then slice into 1/4 inch-thick strips.
2. In 3-quart bowl, combine fennel and water; cover with large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 10 to 12 minutes, stirring... - 33.5071
French Fried Fennel
Slice white part of fennel into 1/4 inch rings.
Wash; pat dry.
Save some green leaves for garnish.
Mix flour, egg, milk, and seasonings in bowl; batter will be smooth.
Heat oil in medium skillet.
While oil is heating, dip pieces of fennel into... - 33.257
Halibut With Fennel
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375°.
2) Take a shallow baking dish,grease with enough butter and add shallots over the bottom and put the halibut steak on top.
3) Scatter the fennel strips evenly over the fish and add the... - 32.5409
Cut off green leafy part of fennel, and remove outer white leaves.
Cut off bottom thick part to make the separating of the leaves easier Wash well, cut in half, and boil gently in stock with the white part of the leek cut into pieces.
(Half milk and water can... - 32.5067
Stir-fried Liver And Fennel
1. Cut the liver into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide strips.
2. Heat the oil and add the fennel and garlic. Stir and cook for a few minutes over a medium to high heat.
3. As soon as the fennel begins to colour slightly, add the liver and stir continuously.
4. After 1... - 29.531
Smelt And Fennel In Prosciutto
1. Using a small, sharp knife, slit open smelt bellies, discard innards, rinse fish, and pat dry.
2. Rinse fennel. Trim and discard stalks and bruised spots. Rinse, drain, and chop feathery leaves. Using a sheer, cut fennel into 1/16-inch-thick pieces.
3. Lay... - 29.497
Bulgur With Fennel And Peas
If you like great ideas and cooking, Bulgur With Fennel And Peas is one you can try your hand at. Bulgur With Fennel And Peas is very easy to make. Happy Cooking! - 28.3373
Clean fennel thoroughly; cut into quarters.
Cook in 1 tablespoon water and 2 tablespoons wine 5 minutes; stir often. (Add more wine if necessary.)
Add tomatoes, rest of wine, and seasonings; cover.
Simmer 30 minutes or until fennel is tender; gently stir... - 28.036
1. Trim off the bases and stems of the fennel. Wash, halve them and cut into strips. Place in a shallow dish.
2. Prepare the marinade: peel and slice the lemons. Remove the stalks of the tarragon. In a bowl, place the oil, vinegar, capers, tarragon leaves,... - 27.4323
Fennel Boulangere is my family favorite recipe. This Fennel Boulangere is easy to prepare when compared with others. Make sure you don't miss this one! - 26.3805
Mustard Flavored Fennel
I am sure this Mustard Flavored Fennel will sound good to you. In the same way this Mustard Flavored Fennel tastes good too. Enjoy this great recipe! - 25.6587
Escalopes With Fennel
Heat the butter in the pan until foaming.
Put in the meat and sprinkle with salt, pepper and the chopped onions.
Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
Sprinkle with the fennel and add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Serve the escalopes and spoon the juices left - 24.9659
Cumin And Fennel Crusted Lamb Chops
1. Spray the broiler rack with olive oil nonstick spray; preheat the broiler.
2. Combine the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, oregano, salt, and pepper in a cup. Press the spice mixture onto both sides of the lamb; place on the broiler rack. Broil the lamb 5 inches... - 24.5948
Boiled Fennel With Parmesan
Place the fennel in a large saucepan and add the butter, cheese and seasoning.
Cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes. - 23.1135
Spicy Steamed Clams With Fennel
In a heavy saucepan cook the garlic, the pepper flakes, and the oregano in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 minute, add the onion and the fennel, and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, until the fennel is softened.
Add the tom - 21.1556
In bowl, whisk together vermouth, lemon juice, oil, fennel seeds and pepper.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL). - 20.1696
Simple Fennel Recipes By Category