- » Simple Chutney
Simple Chutney Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple chutney recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple chutney recipes.
Pineapple And Squash Chutney
Chutneys are so flavorful and tasty and compliment any dish almost. What recipe do you apply for your chutney? Here is our recipe, it is bit long and takes lots of efforts but it worth it. Watch the video for the full details. - 119.105
Spicy Coriander Condiment
When looking for a versatile, tongue-tickling chutney that pairs well with almost all sides and snacks. Extremely simple to make and good to eat, this is one great way to replace the preservative-laden ketchup bottle from your table. Just follow the recipe... - 113.609
Mini Pumpkin With Cranberry Chutney
Halloween season is back and you see lot of those mini pumpkins, want to try out something different with those? Then take a look at this simple and easy mini pumpkin recipe. Watch the video to see how the chef scrapes the pumpkin seeds out and fill it with... - 111.476
Apple, Date And Ginger Chutney
1. Core, peel, cut the apples in half and slice thinly.
2. Peel the ginger, and grate it coarsely.
3. In a large pot, pour the apple cider vinegar with sliced apples and garlic.
4. Stir the apple well and allow to simmer and cook it for... - 105.454
Be it as an appetizer, snack or accompaniment, mango salsa makes for a finger-licking good treat. This perfect summertime recipe is quite easy to put together. This zesty, fruity blend of fresh ripe mangoes and other ingredients is yummy enough to turn any... - 94.9509
The Hippy Gourmet Makes Spinach Chutney
Chef Gourmet is showing us a spinach chutney recipe, which is in Indian style or with a touch of Indian Spices. So those out there who like to get started with Indian cuisine, it’s a great break through. It definitely looks gourmet with all the toasted... - 86.5544
All Purpose Marrow And Tomato Chutney
Pickles and chutneys are always a favorite. In this video recipe, Jameela makes such a nice all purpose marrow and tomato chutney that you could never imagine how nice it is. The best part about this recipe is that it tastes well, keeps long and has such a... - 74.1341
1. Take cheesecloth, put cinnamon sticks, mustard seeds, and cloves in it and tie it well.
2. Take a 6 quart saucepan, put the tied cheesecloth in it and stir in vinegar, sugar and salt.
3. Once boiled, lower the flame and cook for 10-15... - 45.694
Did you know Zucchini Chutney can make a bland meal taste amazingly flavorful? Try this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Zucchini Chutney. A great way to show off your culinary skills and to impress your guests! - 45.0131
1. Over a large basin, use a dinner fork to remove the berries from their stalks.
2. On a vegetable board, peel and finely chop the onions.
3. Finely dice the peeled and cored apples.
4. Ready 3-4 preserve or coffee jars with tight fitting,... - 44.0228
1)In a saucepan, melt some butter and sugar. Stir all the while.
2)Now add in tomatillos, green onion, onion, corn. Bell pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and poblano.
3)Cook continuously stirring.
4)Add in vinegar. Continue to cook... - 43.9898
Place steel blade in work bowl; add garlic and candied ginger.
Process till very finely chopped.
Add chili peppers; process with on/off turns till chopped.
Transfer to 5-quart kettle.
Reinsert steel blade in work bowl; add 1 cup of the papaya pieces.
Process... - 43.233
Finely chop limes with peppers in processor or blender.
Transfer to Dutch oven or other large kettle.
Add remaining ingredients and blend.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and simmer until dark and thick, about 2... - 43.1434
This chutney can be enjoyed with Idly or dosai. Frankly I dont know why my mother in law calls it "mixture" chutney, so dont ask, but enjoy the new taste of this chutney. - 42.2787
The widely known condiment of India is the chutney which is served with other dishes. Chutney contained different fruits, spices, sugar, and vinegar that are cooked and mashed together. The earlier traditions of making this condiment were done with the use of... - 41.3926
Cluster Beans Chutney
Clean, wash and top and tail the beans.
Heat the oil in a pan and put in the mustard seeds.
When they start to splutter put in the asafoetida and turmeric powders and then add the cluster beans.
Stir fry for a couple of minutes and add the groundnuts and... - 41.3659
Aunt Suzie's Cabbage Chutney
Try this richly flavored and amazingly delicious Aunt Suzie'S Cabbage Chutney. This is the best meal accompaniment to go for, if you're left with no time for an elaborate side dish. Use this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Aunt Suzie'S Cabbage Chutney... - 41.029
In large, heavy saucepan combine all ingredients.
Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove half the sauce and puree in food processor or blender.
Return to pan and continue simmering, stirring frequently until thickened... - 40.8407
Tokay Grape Chutney
Did you know Tokay Grape Chutney can make a bland meal taste amazingly flavorful? Try this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Tokay Grape Chutney. A great way to show off your culinary skills and to impress your guests! - 40.4825
1) In a large pot, mix together apples, peppers, raisins, onions and vinegar.
2) Heat the mixture to boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in sugar, salt, ginger and mustard and continue to simmer for 1 hour more.
5)... - 40.2654
It doesn't take a gourmet to judge how appetizing and flavorful Kairi Chutney using this recipe turns out. The popular Indian Kairi Chutney which is served as an accompaniment, is sure to tickle your taste buds. You won't regret spending your time making... - 40.2101
1. Dry roast sesame seeds, coconut in non-stick trypan till light brown, allow to cool.
2. In dry spice grinder, grind roasted seeds, coconut to fine powder, keep aside.
3. Heat oil in non-stick trypan, add carrot, cook on low, stir constantly until carrot is... - 39.9946
1) Take a large saucepan and combine all ingredients in it except pimiento. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring constantly.
3) Break the pears into pieces.
4) Add pimiento and simmer for another 3... - 39.8868
Place the cucumber in a colander and set over a bowl or in the sink.
Sprinkle lightly with the salt and allow to drain for at least 30 minutes.
Rinse the cucumber with cold water, squeeze dry, and transfer to a medium bowl.
Stir in the yogurt cheese, onions,... - 39.0904
Tarragon-Peach Chutney is simply a delicious recipe. I am sure the mouth-watering taste of Tarragon-Peach Chutney will surely tempt you to prepare this dish on every party! - 38.4936
1) Take a saucepan and combine pears, dates, onion, cantaloupe, ginger, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon rind, hot sauce and salt in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until chutney becomes thick, stirring... - 38.4275
Combine all ingredients in a large non-aluminum saucepan; stir until well blended.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Uncover and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Remove... - 38.0376
Chutney And Fruit Filling
1. In medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, curry powder and chutney.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to boil.
3. Add grapes, apricots and pineapple; cook over low heat just to heat.
4. Toss banana... - 37.946
Mushroom Walnut Chutney
1 Preheat oven to 400° F.
Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly colored; set aside.
2 In a large enameled or stainless steel saucepan, stir together the vinegar, water, sherry,... - 37.5032
Peel 2 oranges, slice peels into julienne strips to yield 1/4 cup.
Squeeze peeled oranges to yield 1/2 cup juice.
Peel remaining 4 oranges, and remove orange sections.
Combine all ingredients except orange sections in a Dutch oven.
Cook over medium heat,... - 37.4458
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Kish-Mish Chutney goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Kish-Mish Chutney to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 37.3493
Chutney D Squash Circles
Preheat oven to 400 °F.
Slice tip and stem ends from squash; cut squash crosswise into 3/4 inch circles.
Scoop out seeds with spoon.
Tear off 18-inch square of heavy aluminum foil.
Center foil in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Dot foil with butter and place squash... - 35.733
Quarter apples, onions, carrots, oranges and lemon, and grind with coarse blade of food chopper; or use blender, grinding small quantities at a time, adding some of vinegar with fruit and vegetable quarters.
Grind or chop ginger and garlic.
Grind hot peppers... - 35.5162
1 Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of the vinegar. After 1/2 an hour, extract the pulp through a strainer and discard the seeds.
2 Grind the ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, red and green chillies in the remaining vinegar.
3 Boil the oil. After it comes to the boil... - 35.0381
Wash cocum in a little vinegar.
Soak chillies in vinegar.
Grate jaggery and dry roast remaining ingredients.
Grind all ingredients together, adding a little vinegar as required to make a paste.
This will stay in the refrigerator for about one month. - 34.4675
Soak prunes overnight in water to cover.
Drain, remove pits and cut prunes into coarse pieces.
Turn all ingredients into preserving kettle, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, at least 2 hours.
Stir from time to time, especially when mixture... - 34.1934
This Speedy Chutney is not only convenient to make but also makes your dishes taste mindblowing ! Try this Speedy Chutney with any suitable dish of your liking. Your suggestions are welcome ! - 34.1617
Chutney is simply a delicious and mouth-watering recipe. Try this amazingly tempting recipe; I am sure you will get a lot of compliments for this Chutney. - 33.9737
In a large pot, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, until sugar is dissolved; add mangos, spices, onions, garlic, raisins, and ginger, and boil 10 minutes; add rest of fruit and simmer 20-30 minutes.
Remove from heat, and with a slotted... - 33.9003
Taste Of Summer Strawberry Chutney
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large non-aluminum saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until slightly thick and syrupy, stirring frequently.
Add diced strawberries, stirring gently; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until... - 33.847
1)In a grinder mix coriander, mint, chillies and garlic.
2) Add the lemon juice. If the paste is too thick mix 2 tbsp water to thin out.
3)Mix in salt and sugar. - 33.5757
Combine oil ingredients in a large non-aluminum saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
Chill thoroughly before serving with pork. - 33.3848
Chutney Tuna Pupus
Flake tuna with a fork and combine with chutney, green pepper, onions, and mayonnaise.
Roll pastry to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
Place 1 tsp of tuna mixture in the center of each pastry square.
Fold opposite corners together to form a... - 33.299
1. Rinse, core, peel, and shred apple into a bowl; mix with 1 tablespoon lime juice.
2. In a blender or food processor, whirl garbanzos until coarsely pureed, scraping container as necessary. Add to apple.
3. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high... - 33.273
1) Take a blender jar and add all the ingredients to it.
2) Add water and blend them together.
3) Add a tablespoon of grated carrot along with a tablespoon of chopped parsley.
4) Serve it with lamb curry - 32.8649
Chutney Celery Pick-ups
Chutney Celery Pick-Ups recipe is way too simple that you can beat, mix and chill it within a mater of few minutes. Makes an ideal pick as an appetizer, chutney celery pick-ups is one among my list of favorites. Try this out! - 32.7977
Grape Pear Chutney
1. In large jar combine all the ingredients.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Cover and keep in refrigerator indefinitely. The longer it sits, the better the flavor.
4. The chutney is good with all kinds of meat like roasts, ham, or poultry. - 32.6902
Combine nectarines, apple, pear, onion, vinegar, sugar, raisins, ginger root, garlic, cumin, curry powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a heavy saucepan.
Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
Cool to room temperature and refrigerate. - 32.6882
Combine tomatoes, apples, onion, vinegar, ginger root, garlic, raisins, jalapeno peppers, brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a heavy saucepan.
Simmer over low heat for 40 minutes.
Cool to room temperature and refrigerate. - 32.6614
1) Wash the pork and place on paper towels.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, place 2 large onion slices.
3) Arrange the chops on the top and place the rest of the onion and apple rings in alternating layers.
4) Spread the chutney over... - 32.63
Amrood Ki Chatni
1)Take a mortar and pestel, put all the ingredients up to guavas and make a coarse paste.
2)Add lemon juice and mix well.
3)Serve the chutney with your favorite snacks. - 32.4365
1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs in a large pot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or till meat is tender. Drain ribs; sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. For sauce, in a medium saucepan... - 32.4139
Chutney Fish In Banana Leaves
Chutney Fish In Banana Leaves has a uinque taste. The green chutney gives the Chutney Fish In Banana Leaves a refreshing taste. - 32.3042
Low Sodium Chutney
Combine all ingredients and simmer until thick.
Spoon into sterilized jars; seal and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Jars to be used soon need not be processed; keep well in refrigerator.
This chutney mellows and blends flavors after a week or... - 32.1228
Home Style Chutney
1. From oranges, grate 2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 2/3 cup juice. In 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over high heat, heat orange peel, juice, nectarines, and next 9 ingredients to boiling, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered,... - 32.1087
Til Copra Chutney
Til Copra Chutney is easy to make recipe. Til Copra Chutney gets its taste from coconut mixed with tamarind and lemon juice. Til Copra Chutney is served as side dish. - 31.7665
Chutney For Snacks
1. Mix all the ingredients except lemon and grind to a smooth paste by adding about 1/4 cup water.(Do not add much as this is a thick chutney)
2. Remove from blender, squeeze lemon and serve with any snacks. - 31.7625
1. Toss the shrimp and scallops with the garlic and salt in a large bowl.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat, 1 minute. Swirl in the oil, then add the shrimp and scallops in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides,... - 31.5643
Combine in a small saucepan, the pineapple chunks and juice, honey, spearmint, cardamom, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Heat to boiling; boil for 5 minutes.
Blend in butter.
Cook, stirring constantly, until one-half of the liquid remains... - 31.0752
1 Add 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook the chaaps for 8-10 minutes. Drain well. Sprinkle same salt. Meanwhile, chop any large pieces of fruits, the chutney may have. Cook the chutney with the remaining ingredients and 1 tbsp water over medium heat till... - 30.8818
Gingered Holiday Chutney
1 In a 4-quart kettle stir together brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt, cinnamon, and ground red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, finely shred peel from lemon and lime (about 2 tablespoons peel... - 30.5173
Apple And Prune Chutney
1. Combine the apples, onion, green pepper, garlic, vinegar, and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the onion is... - 30.4273
Cut the ginger in small pieces, pare and slice the apples thin, remove the seeds from the peppers and slice them thin.
Place the allspice, mustard seed, bay leaves and cloves in a small cheese cloth bag.
Put all the ingredients together and boil gently until... - 30.297
Place pork, lamb, or chicken in a plastic bag set into a shallow dish.
For marinade, combine yogurt, chutney, oil, green onion, mustard, curry powder, and mint.
Pour over meat.
Marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight, turning bag... - 30.2763
Grape And Rhubarb Chutney
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring well.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour and 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently. - 29.9153
Quince And Lemon Chutney
Put the quinces and lemon in a saucepan.
Tie the spices in a cheesecloth bag and add to the pan with all the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 45 minutes, or until thick and reduced by about half.
Remove the cheese-cloth... - 29.7143
Blend apples, peppers, onions and raisins in blender.
Turn into saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to slow boil.
Reduce heat and simmer gently until thick.
Pack into hot sterilized jars. - 29.7017
Combine all ingredients, putting allspice in cloth bag.
Cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Pour into jars and seal. - 29.6934
Grind all ingredients together.
Serve with bhajias or plain dal and rice. - 29.5995
Low Calorie Chutney
1. Combine the pineapple tidbits, peaches, onion, vinegar, raisins and spice in a saucepan. Bring to boil; lower heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in sugar substitute. - 29.5813
Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each.
Dissolve gelatin in hot water, stirring until completely dissolved.
Add fruit juices, wine and'pineapple; chill until mixture begins to thicken.
Stir in oranges and chutney.
Spoon into individual... - 29.3817
Wash and dry the mint leaves.
Put them through a mincer (grinder) with the spring onions (scallions) and green chillies.
Add the ginger and pomegranate seeds and mince (grind) again.
Combine the lime juice and sugar and add to the mint mixture - 29.2699
1. In 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat first 7 ingredients to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
2. Add prunes and remaining ingredients to mixture; cook until mixture... - 29.2118
Liu Chutney Bharela Chhamna
1. Grind the coconut masala on a mortar or in a mixer-grinder. I prefer chutneys ground on black stone by pestles.
2. Wash the pomfrets. Keep whole. Slit the side of the face and remove the gills and intestines. Wash thoroughly. Apply salt, turmeric and... - 28.2352
Cocum Chutney has a Exceptional taste.The Dry Chilli and Cummin Seeds gives the Cocum Chutney Imposing taste. - 27.9352
Steak With Chutney
GETTING READY 1) Wash the meat and slash fat edges of it to prevent curling. MAKING 2) In a small saucepan, combine chutney, butter or margarine, curry powder and lemon juice. ... - 27.5161
Chutney Glazed Duckling
TO COOK ON OUTDOOR COVERED GRILL:
1. Prepare outdoor covered charcoal grill, using indirect-heat method with drip pan as manufacturer directs (or follow manufacturer's directions if using covered gas or electric grill).
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix... - 27.1117
Combine all ingredients.
Serve as a condiment with Curry of Shrimp, Suzanne. - 26.0774
Cut limes into tiny pieces.
Mix with salt and store in a jar for 3 days.
Grind the limes to a paste using water from the limes.
Heat oil and add the ingredients.
Keep on stirring till very thick.
Cool and bottle. - 25.5818
1. Pound the chutney in a mortar, add the mustard and work in the butter; season to taste and add a few drops of lime juice. Rub through a hair sieve.
2. Place on ice and use as required. - 25.0218
Baked Chutney Peaches
Place drained peaches, cut side up, on cake rack.
Brush with melted butter.
Spoon 1 tablespoon chutney into center of each peach half.
Bake in baking dish at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or till heated through. - 21.089
Cream the butter until it is fluffy.
Beat in the chutney and lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. - 18.885
Basil Avocado Chutney
In a food processor blend together the basil, the almonds, the garlic, and the lemon juice, pulsing the motor once or twice, until the almonds are ground fine.
Add the avocado, cut into chunks, and salt to taste and blend the mixture until it is combined well. - 18.1214
Add chutney to hot rice and mix well.
Place in heated bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate and serve when chilled. - 16.9227
Stir cornstarch into chutney in 2-quart microwavable casserole.
Stir in zucchini.
Cover tightly and microwave on high 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes, until zucchini is crisp-tender; stir. - 16.4979
Simple Chutney Recipes By Category