- » Simple Anchovy
Simple Anchovy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simple anchovy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simple anchovy recipes.
Duck Breasts With Radishes Anchovy And Orange
Heat a large, ovenproof skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium heat.
Score the duck skin a few times with a very sharp knife, and season the duck breasts with salt and pepper.
Add the breasts to the pan, skin side down, and cook until the fat has rendered... - 46.7405
1)In a skillet, heat oil.
2) Add garlic and anchovies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3)Stir in parsley, pepper, tomato paste and water and bring to a boil
4) Crumble in bread and simmer soup for atleast... - 43.8932
Meat And Anchovy Pirozhki
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease and flour a cookie sheet.
3) In a heavy saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the onion and saute till golden brown.
4) Stir in the beef, anchovy fillets, parsley, dill and chopped egg pieces.... - 43.4354
Baked Salmon With Green Beans And Anchovies
Drop green beans in boiling water; cook for 1 minute.
Place the green beans, tomatoes and olives in a bowl.
Toss in the olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon over both sides of the salmon fillets; season both sides... - 42.4237
Puffed Anchovy Pinwheels
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a blender or a food processor, blend the olives, anchovies, capers, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce together into a puree.
3) Gradually stir in oil to make a smooth paste.
4)... - 42.1873
Red Mullet With Anchovies And Orange
1. Cut 4 of the anchovy fillets into quarters
2. Make 2 slashes in each side of the mullet
3. Place a piece of the anchovy into the mullet
4. Dip the mullets in the seasoned flour
5. Grill the mullet for five minutes under a very hot... - 41.3312
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Cut bread and cheese into small squares.
Thread alternately onto four skewers.
Arrange in an ovenproof dish so that each end of the skewer is supported by the rim.
Melt half of the butter and brush generously over the... - 41.0904
Anchovies With Onign Rings
1) In a mortar, place the anchovy fillets and 1 tablespoon oil, then grind them together to form a smooth paste.
2) Add the parsley, capers, crumbs and garlic, then continue to grind further and blend the paste well. Alternately, puree in a blender.
3)... - 38.7877
Tomatoes Stuffed With Anchovies And Rice
1 Scoop out the tomatoes. Wash the rice under running cold water until the water is clear.
2 Bring to a boil a pan of salted water, twice the volume of the rice (i.e. 1 1/4 cups). Add the rice, simmer for about 12 minutes or until tender, then drain and... - 35.8689
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F (mark 8).
2) Roll out and cut the pastry into strips that matchs the anchovy length and is 1/8 inch thick.
3) Place an anchovy on each pastry strip and drizzle with the lemon juice.
4) Twist each pair... - 35.6809
Parsley And Anchovy Omelette
1) In a bowl, combine the eggs, chopped parsely and anchovy, salt and pepper the taste, mix thoroughly.
2) In a medium-sized omelet pan, heat the butter and oil, then pour in the egg mixture.
3) Cook until the omelet is firm and creamy in the center,... - 34.1758
Anchovy And Golden Crumb
1) Take a frying pan and heat oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and breadcrumbs and cook until brown.
2) Now, add olives, parsley, and anchovies.
3) Pour the mixture over freshly cooked pasta and toss. Serve immediately. - 33.7395
Grilled Chicken Anchovy
Preheat barbecue at MEDIUM.
Pat anchovy filets dry to remove any oil, then mash in mortar.
Mix butter, horseradish, lemon juice and cayenne pepper with anchovy until well blended.
Force mixture through sieve using wooden spoon, then spread on both sides of... - 33.739
Seared Scallops With Basil Anchovy And Sweet Corn Pudding
1. make the corn pudding: Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter four 1-cup ramekins. In a medium saucepan, combine the corn, milk and heavy cream and simmer over moderately high heat for 2 minutes. Puree half of the mixture in a blender. Return the puree to the... - 33.4328
On a floured surface, roll out pastry dough 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
Cut out 2-1/2-inch (6-cm) rounds with a fluted cutter.
Place a halved anchovy fillet on half the dough rounds.
Brush edges of each round with egg yolk; join rounds together in pairs, sealing... - 32.6255
Haddock With Anchovies
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2 Clean and wash the fish. Season with salt. Make several small incisions across the backbone of the fish with a sharp knife. Cut the anchovy fillets into thin strips and place in the slits.
3 Place the fish in a greased baking... - 32.6058
Anchovy And Olive Sandwich
1. Start by chopping the olives
2. In a bowl, place the chopped olives and anchovy paste and mix properly
3. Now add butter or cream to the anchovy mixture
4. Spread this mixture between thin buttered slices of bread
5. Serve... - 32.0593
Potatoes And Anchovies Vinaigrette
Wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan.
Add cold water to cover and add salt.
Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender but still firm.
Drain and cool.
Peel potatoes and cut into slices one quarter inch thick.
Arrange on chilled plates and... - 30.6371
Sift flour, measure, and sift again into a mixing bowl.
Cut in cream cheese and butter.
Roll into a ball, and chill for about 2 hours.
Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick and cut into 2-inch rounds.
Put about 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste in the center of each... - 30.2855
Tagliatelle With Anchovies And Tuna Fish
Put the oil in a bowl and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the anchovies, tuna, capers and olives, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Put the tagliatelle in a deep pot and just cover with boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil, cover... - 29.8626
1. Mash anchovies to paste with the garlic. Add the tomato paste and mix.
2. Beat the egg with the egg yolk until well mixed. Reserve two tablespoons for later use. Add balance to anchovy mixture. Add cayenne, paprika. - 29.7163
Baked Swordfish With Hot Tomato Anchovy And Caper Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add anchovies, hot pepper flakes, and garlic and mash together with back of a wooden spoon until anchovies dissolve in oil, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and water and bring... - 29.179
In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, chives, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and basil.
Add drained anchovies to marinade.
Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
To serve, drain anchovies thoroughly. - 29.1531
These anchovy fillets are salt preserved fish fillets that can be served as appetizers. Treated with vinegar and drizzled with olive oil, the anchovy fillets can be served as such or in salads or sandwiches. - 28.1693
Cut each piece of buttered toast into 4 1-inch strips.
Mix together onions and parsley.
Sprinkle mixture over toast strips.
Top with 1 anchovy fillet on each toast stick; dot with butter.
Bake sticks at 375 Â°F just long enough to heat through. - 27.442
Welsh Rabbit Anchovy
Melt butter over hot water.
Blend in cornstarch, add milk slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
Add cheese and seasonings.
Cook, stirring slowly, until smooth and creamy. - 25.7382
Cut the toast into fingers, sprinkle them with finely-chopped shallot and parsley, and place on each an anchovy fillet.
Add a few drops of lemon juice and a seasoning of pepper.
Sprinkle on a little paprika or cayenne pepper, place a little butter on... - 24.916
Anchovy Sauce (salsa Acciughe)
Italian cuisine is known for the rich tasting sauces - this Anchovy Sauce (Salsa Acciughe) is one! I just adore the flavor of anchovy fillets, tomatoes and olive oil in this yummy sauce. Check out the recipe of Anchovy Sauce (Salsa Acciughe). - 24.6468
Crostini With Bel Paese And Anchovies
1. Preheat oven to 350°. With a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn bread slices over and bake 5 minutes longer, or until lightly toasted.
2. In a small frying pan, melt butter... - 24.377
Cut each piece of buttered toast into 4 1-inch strips.
Mix together the chopped onions and parsley.
Sprinkle the mixture over the toast strips.
Top with 1 anchovy fillet on each toast stick, and dot with butter.
Bake the sticks at 375°F just long enough to... - 24.1366
1. Preheat broiler. Use a fork to mash garlic and anchovies in small bowl. Beat in olive oil and pepper.
2. Generously brush tops of bread slices with anchovy-oil mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly... - 23.9944
Combine the first 3 ingredients.
Spread toast with butter and then top with 1 teaspoonful of the almond mixture.
Garnish with 3 petal shaped pieces of sliced hard-cooked egg yolk, arranged as a flower.
Use a sliver of green pepper for a stem. - 23.9476
Sardine And Anchovy Pate
Put the sardines, cheese, butter, lemon juice and anchovy essence in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with pepper. Divide between ten individual ramekin dishes and fork up the tops. Place a lemon slice on top of... - 23.4365
Veal Chops In Creamy Anchovy Sauce
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook chops until browned on both sides. Add water, vermouth, lemon juice, and anchovies; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chops are tender,... - 22.8016
Cut rye bread in strips 1/2x1 3/4 inches.
Spread with butter, then with about 1/4 teaspoonful of anchovy paste.
Garnish each with a yellow flower, making the petals with tiny cut-outs from slices of the egg yolk.
Make a stem with a strip of egg white and cut... - 22.45
Make your batter 2 hours in advance, and keep it thick.
For this dish the large salted anchovies in barrels, sold at so much per ounce, are used, not the little anchovy fillets in oil.
Soak the anchovies to remove salt, lift the fillets very carefully off the... - 22.1637
Veal Rolls With Anchovies
1. Pound the veal slices lightly until very thin. On each slice place a small piece of cheese and an anchovy fillet. Roll and fasten securely with toothpicks.
2. Heat half the butter in a skillet, add the rolls and brown on all sides. Add one tablespoon of... - 20.9018
Zeppola With Anchovies
1. On a lightly floured board, flatten dough to a small disk about diameter of your hand. Lay anchovies on disk and fold dough over, kneading with your right hand and folding over with left. Knead and fold 10 to 12 times. Let dough rest about 20 minutes,... - 20.1937
Anchovy Cocktail Circles
Mix flour, butter, and cheese into dough, roll.
Cut into circles of two sizes by using a large and small cutter.
Spread bottom layer with anchovy paste and top with small circle.
Bake in 375-degree oven until slightly browned. - 20.0047
The éclairs should have the appearance of miniature sausage rolls.
Roll out the pastry thinly, cut it Into oblong pieces, slightly longer than the anchovy fillets.
Enclose an anchovy fillet in each piece, seal the edge folded over with a little milk,... - 18.0391
Simple Anchovy Recipes By Category