Simon Radley is a one of the most reputed British chefs of United Kingdom. He currently operates the restaurant ‘Simon Radley at the Chester Grosvenor’ as its executive chef. He oversees almost all aspects of the restaurant operation including business catering, planning of menus and recruitment of food professionals. The restaurant was initially known as the Arkle and renamed for the chef in recognition of his services.
The restaurant is a part of the Chester Grosvenor & Spa Hotel and has retained its three Michelin stars for over eighteen years. Simon Radley is particularly well known for his modern French style of cooking.
Professional Life Of Chef Simon Radley
Simon Radley was born in Manchester but moved to Hertfordshire with his family at a young age. He joined South Cheshire College formerly known as the Crewe College and earned a degree in catering. His first job was at Mâcon where he served as a waiter for three weeks.
He worked as a chef at Wilmslow, England before joining the Chester Grosvenor & Spa Hotel as the chef de partie. Simon Radley went on to work at the London restaurant of Inigo Jones gaining experience under the tutelage of Chef Paul Gayler. He went back to the Chester Grosvenor & Spa and helped it to earn its first Michelin star in 1990.
Simon Radley has travelled to Mandarin, Bangkok apart from working in various restaurants all over UK. He came back to Chester Grosvenor & Spa Hotel in 1998 and has been instrumental in the establishment gaining yet another Michelin star.
Achievements Of Chef Simon Radley
- The restaurant at Chester Grosvenor & Spa Hotel was renamed in his honor.
- Simon Radley has been selected as one of the celebrity chefs at the North West Food Lover’s Festival to be held this year.
- Martyn Nail from Claridge will be a guest chef working with Radley as a part of a promotional campaign for the Chester Grosvenor & Spa.
- The restaurant has also been tipped to be a rising two star by the Michelin Guide
- Simon Radley encouraged Rosie Sedgewick, the belly dancer to start promoting her fruit laced gin recipes.