- » Simmered Liver
Simmered Liver Recipes
Enjoy our collection of simmered liver recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for simmered liver recipes.
Down-south Smothered Liver And Onions With Gravy
1. Under cold running water, rinse liver steak.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and paprika on steak. Flip and repeat on the other side.
3. On a plate, put flour and season it with salt.
4. Put steak... - 95.6101
Liver cooked with fresh cilantro, onions, garlic and pomegranate molasses. Easy and delicious. - 87.1863
Calf's Liver Tyrolian Style
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°F.
2) Season the liver slices with salt and pepper and coat them with flour, vigorously shaking off the excess.
3) In a heavy 12-inch skillet, over high heat, heat the lard until a light haze forms over it.
4)... - 47.4333
Liver Dumplings In Soup
1) Trim the liver, grind with onion, and then stir in yolk, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and parsley.
2) Soak bread in milk, squeeze out excess milk, and add to the liver mixture.
3) Add flour and make a soft dough.
4) Allow the soup... - 46.7095
Kidney Or Liver Soup
1.Cut the kidney or liver and soak it in cold water for 10 minutes.
2.Once done, wash and take off the skin, core and pipes.
3.Cut the kidney or liver into fine pices.
4.Slice onion,carrots and celery.
5.In a pan heat the fat and fry... - 45.5292
Stir Fried Liver And Cabbage
1) Rinse the lamb liver and pat dry. Slice into thin strips.
2) Dip the strips into a bowl of seasoned flour.
3) In a pan, heat oil. Add in the liver and fry for about 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
4) Into the... - 45.4155
Liver In Basque Style
Cut the aubergines into 1/4-inch thick slices, sprinkle with salt, and leave in a colander to drain for 1 hour.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and when hot fry the drained and dried aubergine slices until brown on both sides.
Remove and keep... - 44.6802
Liver Strips In Vegetable Puree
1) In a large frying pan, place the water and bouillon cubes.
2) Heat till the bouillon has dissolved.
3) Add the onion, carrots and celery, cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes.
4) Add the bay leaf.
5) On top of the vegetables, place the liver... - 44.4321
Chicken Giblet And Liver Rice
1. In a saucepan, heat butter and saute onions and celery for five minutes
2. Add giblets, chicken broth and Angostura bitters, cover and allow to simmer for half an hour or more
3. Add rice, cover and simmer for another wtenty five minutes till rice... - 44.286
Liver Wrapped In Caul
Mix the liver with the bacon, currants, egg yolks and bread crumbs.
Season with the allspice, salt and pepper, then gently fold in the egg whites.
Spread out the caul, mound the liver mixture in the center and wrap the caul around it.
Melt the butter in a... - 43.8616
Braised Liver In Currytomato Sauce
1) In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter. Cook onion and pepper until lightly browned.
2) Drain out onion and pepper.
3) With a knife, remove membrane and large tubes from liver.
4) Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and flour. Dredge liver in... - 43.8182
Tomato Flavored Liver
Peel and slice the tomatoes.
Cut the liver into bite-sized pieces.
Peel and finely chop the onion.
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes.
Drain, then mash with a little butter, milk and seasoning to taste, to make a smooth thick... - 43.7003
Liver And Pig 's Feet Pudding
Put the liver, pig's feet, salt pork, vegetables and herbs into a large saucepan.
Cover the contents with the meat stock and simmer, with the lid ajar, until the liver is firm about 30 minutes.
Take out the liver, chop it very fine and set it aside.
Cover the... - 43.5444
Bacon Wrapped Liver With Raisin Sauce
Rub the liver with the salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
Leave for 20 minutes.
Wrap the bacon around the liver, covering the liver completely.
Place in an oiled roasting pan and bake in a moderately hot oven (375° F) for 25-30... - 43.1972
Kettle Liver And Onions
1. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and sautÃ© bacon. Remove from the heat and keep aside for future usage.
2. Pour off all drippings, then measure 3 tablespoonfuls and return to kettle.
3. Add onions and sautÃ© until the ingredient turn golden.
4.... - 42.8567
Potted Liver Danish Style
Cook carrots and onions with salt pork or bacon until tender, stirring occasionally.
Do not brown.
Dredge liver with flour.
In another pan, heat butter and cook liver in it until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine... - 42.843
1. In an electric mixer, combine onions, potatoes and liver and pulversie twice. Alternatively, use a meat grinder to do the same.
2. Remove on to a bowl, add seasonings and mix well.
3. In a medium sized skillet, heat fat.
4. Drop spoonfuls of ground... - 42.7835
Remove any membranes from the liver.
Slice into thin strips.
Dust the liver slices with flour.
Heat the oil to very hot in a wok.
Add the liver and fry for 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, peas, garlic, onion and ginger; fry for an additional 4 minutes.
Add the... - 42.66
Sprinkle the lardons with the pepper, half of the salt and half of the allspice.
With a sharp knife, make cuts in the liver and press the lardons into them.
Melt 3 tablespoons [45 ml.] of the butter in a pan, add the liver, cover the pan and cook over low... - 42.5814
Pour boiling water over liver in a dish; let stand 5 minutes.
Drain liver, reserving water.
Pat liver dry with paper towels.
Cut liver into 12 to 16 pieces.
Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge liver in flour mixture.
Fry bacon in a large skillet.
Remove... - 42.3881
Sweet And Sour Calf's Liver With Spaetze!
1) Take a pan and melt fat in it. Add onions and cook until brown.
2) Add liver and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle pepper, paprika, salt and flour.
4) Stir in lemon juice, water and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring... - 42.3012
Calf's Liver With Onion Sauce
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine flour, pepper and salt in it.
2) Dip each slice of liver in the mixture.
3) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add liver and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and place on a platter.
4) Add onions in the remaining... - 42.1579
Kettle Liver And Onions
1) Take a Dutch oven or kettle and sautÃ© bacon in it. Remove and set aside.
2) Pour off all drippings except 3 tablespoons. Add the reserved 3 tablespoons back to kettle or Dutch oven. Add onions and sautÃ© until it turns golden brown in color.... - 41.7519
1) Cut the liver in 2 inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, mix together milk powder, garlic salt, pepper, salt and oregano.
3) Dip the liver cubes in the milk powder mixture to coat well.
4) In non-stick pan, bring the bouillon to boil and add... - 41.2652
Liver Dumpling Soup
Cut the rolls into very thin slices.
Sprinkle over 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pour over the lukewarm milk to soften them.
Peel the onion and chop finely.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped onion until transparent; add the parsley.
Mix together the... - 41.2561
Pork Liver Florentine Style
Combine the bread crumbs, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix them well with a wooden spoon.
Add the pieces of liver and coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
Spread out the caul on a board.
Then place each piece of liver on top of a... - 41.1174
Mexican Style Liver
In large skillet cook bacon till crisp.
Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
Crumble bacon; set aside.
Cook onion and garlic in reserved drippings till onion is tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
Combine flour, chili powder, and salt.
Cut... - 40.9044
1. Trim off the live while removing the skin and all large veiny parts.
2. Take a Dutch oven and brown the whole piece slowly in oil.
3. Add water and seasoning mix. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Turning liver once.
4. Take a pan and place... - 40.7598
Calves Liver And Onions
1. Soak liver in milk for half an hour
2. In a skillet, saute onions in oil for five minutes; remove and drain on paper towels
3. Mix together salt, pepper and cornmeal and dip the liver in this mixture; saute it in the same skillet as... - 40.4444
Liver And Onions SautÃ©
1) Take a frying pan and pour 2 cups water in it. Add onions and cook for 15-20 minutes or until water evaporates and onions turn slightly brown, stirring frequently. Remove and keep aside.
2) In the meanwhile, take scissors and remove veins along with... - 40.0361
Mexican Style Liver
In large skillet cook bacon till crisp.
Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet; crumble bacon and set aside.
Cook onion and garlic in drippings till onion is tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
Combine flour, chili powder, and salt.
Cut liver into thin... - 39.2763
Delicate Liver Dumplings
1) With a knife, take out skin or tendons from liver. Chop very finely.
2) In a skillet, melt butter and sauté onion for 2 or 3 minutes.
3) Stir in liver and cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
4) Mix egg and bread crumbs. Combine... - 38.7183
Lamb Liver Creole
1) With a knife, take out membrane from liver. Cut into thin strips.
2) Mix flour, salt, and cayenne. Dredge liver in it.
3) In a skillet melt fat and brown liver on all sides.
4) Stir in remaining ingredients, cook covered in simmering... - 38.0027
Liver And Brown Rice Ring
1) In a bowl, mix rice, liver, onion, green pepper, celery, and butter
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add little water to make mixture of right consistency.
4) In a well-greased 1 1/2 -quart ring mold or bowl press the mixture to it.
5) Place in... - 37.877
1. Wipe the liver with a clean, damp cloth; pull off the encircling skin and cut out tubes. Dip the liver in flour.
2. Brown liver on both sides in the melted butter or drippings.
3. Then add onion, tomatoes, celery and green pepper. Arrange them on top of... - 36.3626
Liver Tomato Supreme
In skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain, reserving drippings.
Crumble bacon and set aside.
Coat liver with flour, and brown in reserved drippings; remove from skillet.
In same skillet cook onion and green pepper till vegetables are tender.
Add undrained... - 36.3332
Liver And Oatmeal Pudding
Melt the suet and fry the liver in it until it is lightly browned about seven minutes.
Remove the liver from the pan and chop it fine.
Put the onions into the pan, fry them until they are soft about 10 minutes and remove them from the pan.
Fry the oatmeal in... - 35.1509
Smothered Liver And Onions
1) In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon shortening and cook onions till golden-brown. Drain and keep aside.
2) With a knife, remove membrane and large tubes from liver.
3) Mix salt, pepper, and flour. Dredge liver in it.
4) In a skillet heat fat and brown... - 35.1032
1) In a saucepan, saute the livers, celery, onion, and curry powder in butter, until the livers are tender.
2) Stir in the mushroom soup and water, cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
3) Serve the Liver Indienne, immediately... - 34.1848
Liver With Croutons
In nonstick skillet, cook onions over medium heat until lightly browned.
Add liver; cook 10 minutes.
Add bouillon, vinegar, capers, garlic, salt and pepper.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Spoon chicken liver mixture onto serving platter.
Surround with cauliflower florets... - 33.288
1) With a knife cut liver into 1/2-inch slices and make into strips. Dust and coat with seasoned flour.
2) In a skillet heat butter and oil to smoking point.
3) Add onion, parsley, and liver strips and stir well.
4) Sauté liver and brown on all sides.... - 31.8633
Sheep S Liver With Onions
Heat the butter in a stew pan.
Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry till crisp in the butter.
Remove to a plate.
Add the chopped onions to the fat in the pan and fry, stirring frequently until just brown.
Add the flour and seasoning, mix and cook for a... - 31.6874
Place liver, celery, parsley, onion flakes, peppercorns, salt, and bay leaf in a 4-quart saucepan.
Add enough water to barely cover meat.
Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat; simmer about 45 minutes or until liver is no longer pink in center when... - 30.3967
1. Cut liver into 2-inch squares.
2. Brown quickly in butter or margarine in medium-size skillet; stir in the water and onion-soup mix; cover; simmer about 5 minutes.
3. Spoon sour cream into a small bowl; gradually blend in 1 cup of the hot sauce; stir... - 24.3861
Simmered Liver Recipes By Category