- » Sicilian
Enjoy our collection of sicilian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for sicilian recipes.
The Sicilian cassata is a rich and colorful dessert: it takes some time, but the end result is a masterpiece of Italian cuisine! - 136.042
Bring a bit of Sicily home with the panelle, delicious chickpea fritters in sesame seed buns! - 134.564
Caponata - Italian
The caponata is a traditional Sicilian side dish made with eggplants, celery, tomatoes, onions, capers, olives and basil, with a distinctive sweet and sour flavor... you can't miss it! - 129.265
Finally, Sonia shows us the recipe for the famous Sicilian cannoli, crispy shells filled with a tempting ricotta filling... try and make them at home! - 127.334
Classic Turkey Marsala
When you think, preparing delicious turkey marsala at home is next to impossible, then you are wrong. In this video, chef Dani Spies shows the shortest way to prepare this favorite dish, with some of her special twists. Unless you watch the video, you'll... - 122.532
Sicilian Breaded Ribeye With Balsamic Sauteed Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together plain bread crumbs, dry oregano, dry thyme, dry parsleym dry onion, powder, granulated garlic, kosher salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
3. Place the rib eye steak... - 121.228
Italian Chicken Marsala
Chicken marsala is a great dish to serve for dinner and would really impress your guests. Take a look at this fantastic video that shares a recipe for chicken marsala with an aromatic nutty sauce and flavorful marsala wine. See the video and make the great... - 119.348
Rosalie's Silcilian Pizza On Pgs 112 + 114 Of Rosalie Servin
1. In a small bowl combine the yeast and the warm water, stir and let it rise.
2. In bowl combine the flour and salt, once mixed well add the flour in the stand mixer bowl and slowly keep adding the yeast mixture.
3. Blend for 5 minutes and form... - 114.316
Blood Orange Granita
Ruby-red blood oranges are in season, so I thought that it would be fun to come up with a recipe for them. Granitas are like shaved ice or snow cones, except these aren't made with sugary corn syrup. Instead, they use the sweet juice of the blood oranges and... - 111.639
Italian Style Chicken Marsala
Easy to cook and prepare, chicken marsala makes for an elegant and delicious dinner addition. Succulent chunks of chicken cooked in creamy, rich marsala sauce gives this Italian favorite much of its zesty personality. Whether hosting a family meal or treating... - 108.173
Chicken In Marsala Wine
Chicken cooked in wine is an exotic preparation and here is a recipe how to cook one. Check out chef Mike cooking chicken with some common seasonings in Marsala wine. Indeed chicken couldn't get better! - 106.849
Classic Chicken Marsala
If you thought that cooking this classic Italian dish takes laborious effort, you are in for some surprise. Keith Snow shows how to prepare this Italian chicken delight using chicken breasts, fresh mushrooms and cheese. A low-fat high-protein dish that is... - 106.297
Veal Marsala With Italian Style Spinach
1. Lay out the veal in a plastic wrap and pound it out till it is thin. Set aside.
2. Season the veal with salt and pepper. Use flour too, if you prefer.
3. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook the veal on both... - 105.782
Tuna Steak With Caponata
How about a typical Italian dish to go with your tuna steaks? In this video, chef is showing how to sear tuna steaks in a pan and make caponata in Italian style. He is making caponata with basil, garlic, capers, sugar and white vinegar. The best part of the... - 98.446
1. Keep the serving glass in freezer for 10 minutes before serving.
2. Take two bowls pour in the water and add in tea bags and sugar to both the bowls.
3. In green tea bowl sprinkle lemon zest and add in the lime juice, dilute the... - 97.1113
Grilled Swordfish With Eggplant Caponata
Try this grilled swordfish recipe. This grilled swordfish with eggplant caponata makes for a simple yet elegant lunch. Served with wine this exotic grilled swordfish is a simply great. - 93.8327
Caponata - Eggplant In A Sweet And Sour Sauce
The caponata is a traditional Sicilian dish which consists of eggplants! A dish that is simple and tastefully made in this video! Simple instructions and simple techniques to get this going! See the video for more! - 92.8481
Chicken Marsala With Wide Egg Noodles
Got a family get together and need a nice chicken recipe to cook in minutes. Then take a look at this amazing chicken marsala recipe combined with chicken stock, wine and egg noodles. This would be a perfect choice for an elegant meal at home! All said, but... - 92.2968
Italian Chicken Marsala
How about cooking the classic Italian chicken marsala for your holiday feast. Watch this impressive video as Chef Jason Hill shows you how to cook it. This terrific chicken, wine and mushrooms combo would surely turn out to be magical. The chef also shares... - 89.447
There is a whole world of sandwiches, but still this Sicilian sandwich recipe stands out from all, due to its simplicity and combination of delectable flavors. If you want to make a great Sicilian sandwich try this recipe and sandwich won't be the same again. - 88.1654
Pasta Alla Norma
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil, add roasted egg plant, toss for a couple of minutes. Add pasta water (1/4 cup) and mix.
2. Add tomato sauce and pasta water (1/8 cup), cook for another couple of minutes. Add basil leaves and cheese. Pour in the pasta... - 74.3096
Bread, Jumbo Sicilian Eggplant Parmesan & Salad For Lunch
An easy lunch prepared straight out of your garden vegetables. Don't worry if you don't have a garden at home, you can still enjoy this hearty lunch. A complete platter of bread, salad, grilled zucchini, fish rissotto, eggplant permesan, & wine. - 70.5726
Sicilian Stuffed Eggplant
If you want to rustle up a good eggplant dish then definitely go for Sicilian stuffed eggplant recipe. This dish is awesome and a complete foodie treat. Italian menu is incomplete without eggplant dish but if dish is so exotic then it would surely be able to... - 48.8207
Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with the water.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Combine the flour, pepper, and salt on a large plate.
Dredge the veal in the flour mixture to coat both sides and shake off any excess.
Warm the oil in a large... - 48.5521
1) Cut each sliced eggplant further into 1/2-inch thick cubes.
2) In a heavy skillet add 5 tablespoons of oil.
3) When the oil turns hot, add the cubed eggplant and saute till it is cooked completely.
3) Remove the eggplant pieces from... - 48.1422
1. Heat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. On the oven rack place one of the eggplants, roast it turning occasionally, until it is very soft, approximately 40 minutes.
3. Remove the eggplant from the oven, peel off the skin and with a spoon,... - 47.6881
1) Slice the capsicums into thin strips.
2) Coarsely chop the aubergines without peeling them.
3) In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the aubergines and green capsicums, sauteing on low flame for about 15 minutes.
4)... - 47.481
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) In case food processor is not being used, skip to step 4 after preparing the dough with hand. If food processor is being used, fit it with a steel blade or a dough blade and pour ¾ cup of hot... - 47.4002
1) Take a small bowl and soak saffron strands in 2 tablespoons of hot water.
2) Firstly, break up cauliflower into small florets. Cook the florets for about 4-5 minutes in boiling salted water, until soft.
3) Drain florets and reserve... - 47.3917
Saute the onions and celery in oil until just golden.
Add the eggplant strips and saute lightly, tossing them well with the onions and celery.
Add the tomatoes and cook down, uncovered.
Do not let the vegetables overcook.
Season with salt and pepper to taste... - 47.0265
Skewered Sicilian Pork
1) Cut the 2.5 cm/1 inch cubes out of the pork meat.
2) In a mixing bowl, place all the ingredients of marinade and mix them well. ... - 47.0171
Fruited Veal Marsala
Cook brussels sprouts and celery in a small amount of boiling water about 10 minutes or till crisp-tender.
Drain and keep warm.
Halve any large sprouts.
Cut veal into six serving-size pieces, then pound to 1/8-inch thickness.
Spray a large skillet with... - 46.8599
1) Clean the fresh artichokes. Slice them into 8 pieces. Add into a saucepan of boiling water mixed with lemon juice. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil. Add in chopped onion. Cook till it becomes soft and... - 46.8199
Sicilian Vegetable Salad
1) In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring 3 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high flame.
2) In the meantime, trim the broccoli and cauliflower and cut them into florets. Wash the bell pepper and pat dry. Core, halve and seed.... - 46.5169
Sicilian Orange Cake
Sicilian Orange Cake a italian delicy. The sugar cane syrup and orange zest gives the Sicilian Orange Cake a prefect taste. - 46.3685
Cut cake into 4 horizontal layers with a serrated knife.
Sprinkle rum over cake layers; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat cheese and sugar until fluffy.
Stir in chocolate.
In a small bowl, toss cherries and orange peel with flour.
Place fruit on a breadboard... - 46.2369
1. In a five quart Dutch oven, place the oil and heat the oil on medium heat
2. Add the onions and sautÃ© the onions till they are transparent
3. Add the garlic, eggplant to the pan and sautÃ© again till lightly browned
4. Add tomatoes, tomato... - 46.1866
Sicilian Cheese Filled Pastries
Sicilian Cheese Filled Pastries is an irresistible mouth-watering dessert. An easy to prepare pastry recipe, this Sicilian Cheese Filled Pastries is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 46.1827
1) Chop the tomatoes coarsely
2) Core the bell pepper and discard the seeds, and slice.
3) Rinse the capers under cold water.
4) Rinse the fish under cold water.
Angel Hair Pasta
5) In a covered pot, bring the water to a boil.
6) Stir in fresh... - 46.122
1. Prepare the pound cake by trimming off the ends and crusts of the cake
2. Level the top of the cake if it’s rounded
3. Cut the cake horizontally into 1/2" to 3/4" thick slices.
4. Prepare the chocolate frosting, in a large saucepan, by... - 45.9158
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a heavy skillet, brown meat.
3) Add onion and cook until soft.
4) Gradually stir in tomato paste, water, salt and pepper.
5) Simmer the mix for 5 minutes.
6) In another pan, heat milk and cream... - 45.8644
Caponata Siciliana Pickled Eggplant
Peel the eggplants and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
Heat 1 cup of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
Cook the eggplant in it until it is soft and brown, stirring constantly.
Remove the eggplant with a slotted spoon to a dish and reserve.
Add the... - 45.7962
Caponata Using Olives
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add celery and cook, stirring often, until tender.
Remove celery from pan with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Place eggplant in pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until eggplant is lightly... - 45.7659
Sicilian Grilled Eggplant
1 Clean the eggplant; peel and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
2 Sprinkle some pepper on it.
3 Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
4 In a small saucepan, add tomato sauce, tomato, garlic, parsley, pepper and... - 45.7562
Sicilian Style Aubergines
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2) In a colander, place the diced aubergine, sprinkle with the salt and keep aside for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse under the cold running water and dry with the absorbent kitchen... - 45.6717
Caponata is a salad of Sicilian origin, made with cooked vegetables. It is really easy to make and has a taste that stands out. Try this Caponata recipe for your next family dinner and let me know how they liked it. - 45.5894
1. Preheat the oven at 250°.
2. Take a large skillet and heat about 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Pour in salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the chicken. Sauté chicken until nicely browned.
4. Slow the flame and cook the chicken until... - 45.5827
1) Wash the eggplants and cube into 1/2-inch size.
2) In large skillet heat 1/2 cup hot oil. Add eggplant and sautÃ© until light brown.
3) Take off the eggplant and keep aside.
4) In the same skillet add onion and celery and sautÃ©... - 45.5531
Sicilian Beef & Vegetable Casserole
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, add oil.
When oil is hot, add beef and cook until browned and crumbly.
Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a Dutch oven or 3-quart pan.
To pan drippings, add carrots, onion, and mushrooms; cook, stirring... - 45.4228
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a mixing bowl, blend in all the ingredients excluding fortunes.
3. Using a spoon, add 1 tsp batter to ungreased cookie sheets, with 3 cookies on each and allow to bake for 5 minutes.
4.... - 45.3827
Sicilian Beef Dinner
1) Into an oven, roast the beef in vegetable oil
2) Tip in the onion, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper, tomatoes and about 1/2 cup of water
3) Roast the beef till tender and cooked through
4) If using a kettle, simmer for about 2 3/4 hours... - 45.2415
Sicilian Meat Roll
Sicilian Meat Roll! Were you looking for a tasty meat preperation that you can serve for a dinner party? Then Sicilian Meat Roll is definitely the recipe for you. Sicilian Meat Roll is an extrenely filling dish that your guests will love. - 45.0124
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
Spray 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente.
Drain and place in prepared dish.
Meanwhile, COMBINE bread crumbs and basil on shallow plate or pie plate.
Beat egg... - 44.9964
Sicilian Pizza Supreme
In large mixer bowl combine2 cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt.
Stir in water, egg, and oil.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl.
Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
By hand, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make... - 44.9828
Sicilian Macaroni And Eggplant Casserole
1) Preheat moderate oven (350°F.)
2) Make 1/4-inch slices of unpeeled eggplant.
3) In a skillet heat oil.
4) Brown eggplant in it.
5) Boil water and add macaroni in it. Cook till tender. Drain.
6) Grease a 2-quart casserole.
7) On the... - 44.9465
Veal Scaloppine Al Marsala
1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper place veal scallop and pound lightly with a meat hammer, flat pan or a rolling pin to flatten it to 1/2-inch thickness.
2. Season with salt and pepper and dredge veal cutlets in flour,... - 44.8863
Cut up peppers and celery.
Place steel blade in work bowl; add 2 cups pepper mixture.
Process with on/off turns till chopped; remove.
Repeat with rest of pepper mixture, 2 cups at a time.
Insert shredding disk; shred carrots.
Insert slicing disk; slice... - 44.8502
Eggplant Caponata. If you were looking for a tasty and unique vegetarian dish that you can serve for formal dinner, then look no further. Eggplant Caponata is definitely the recipe for you. Try it! - 44.8241
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-sour Sauce (caponata)
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) is an amazingly delicious recipe. Try this Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 44.809
1 Peel and dice the aubergines.
2 In a colander, put the aubergines and sprinkle with salt.
3 Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4 Thoroughly rinse under cold water and pat dry using kitchen paper.
5 In a large frying pan, heat 4... - 44.6361
Sicilian Meatball Soup
1) In a bowl, beat egg slightly with a fork.
2) Put in chuck, crumbs, parsley, cheese, garlic and seasoning, mix until well blended.
3) Shape 1 teaspoon of meat mixture into 36 balls.
4) In a kettle or 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the beef... - 44.5353
Sicilian Meat Roll
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, bread crumbs, tomato juice, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Add the ground beef to this mixture and mix thoroughly again.
4. On waxed paper or foil, pat... - 44.324
1) Slice the veal into 2 to 3-inch pieces each.
2) In a bowl, mix together grated cheese, flour and pepper.
3) Pound the cheese mixture well into the veal pieces with a meat pounder or the edge of a heavy saucer. Keep aside some of the mixture.
4) In... - 44.2572
Prepare vegetables and force tomatoes through a sieve.
In large heavy pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil, add eggplant, and cook until it is soft and lightly browned.
Remove to bowl.
Heat more oil, add onions and peppers, stir until coated and shiny, and cook... - 44.2541
Quick Sicilian Cheesecake
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine mixed fruit and rum, mix well and keep aside for ½ hour at least. This can also be done overnight.
2. Once soaked for required time, drain rum from fruit mixture into another bowl and keep aside. You may use a... - 44.2332
Sicilian Baked Aubergine
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Cut the aubergine into small cubes and place on an oiled baking tray.
2. Cover the tray with tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until soft. Reserve, to allow the aubergine to cool.
3.... - 44.2158
Chicken Marsala With Mushrooms
1) Rinse and dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat butter or margarine and saute mushrooms, green onion, and garlic until soft.
3) Remove the vegetables form the pan.
4) In the same pan, sear the chicken for 10... - 44.1984
Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in saucepan over medium heat.
Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally until eggplant is almost translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add remaining olive oil, onion, garlic, peppers, and celery.
Cook, stirring, until onion is limp,... - 44.1696
In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil.
Add eggplant, onion and celery.
Saute stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except bread.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick... - 44.1696
In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, steam unpeeled eggplant in steamer basket over 1 to 2 inches boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes.
Or cook in microwave oven according to manufacturer's directions until tender.
Peel and mash cooked... - 44.045
Sicilian Meat Roll
In a bowl combine the eggs and tomato juice.
Stir in the bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Add ground beef; mix well.
On foil or waxed paper pat meat to a 10 x 8 inch rectangle.
Arrange ham slices atop meat, leaving a small margin... - 44.0212
In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place noodles, the 1 1/4 cups hot water and the 1 teaspoon salt.
Heat, covered, on full power 11 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Drain noodles and set aside.
Place ground beef into a deep,... - 44.0199
1. On a sheet of wax paper, mix 2 teaspoons flour and pepper.
2. Roll turkey in flour mixture; coat both sides lightly.
3. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine.
4. Add turkey and fry over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on... - 43.8823
To Make Sauce: Heat oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, basil, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft.
Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and bring to a... - 43.8639
Combine the eggplant, celery, onion, water, and garlic in a microwave-safe casserole.
Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes.
Microwave on high for 5 minutes more.
Microwave, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in red wine vinegar and... - 43.8014
Sicilian Vegetable Salad
In a heavy 4 quart saucepan bring water to a rapid boil.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and oil.
Gradually add macaroni, being sure water continues to boil.
Cook macaroni uncovered until tender but firm, stirring occasionally.
Rinse with cold water.
Drain again;... - 43.7606
Sicilian Seafood Stew
In a soup pot, saute the onions in the olive oil on high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constandy.
Add the celery and bell peppers and saute, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, crushed red pepperflakes or cayenne, oregano, basil, and marjoram.
Lower... - 43.752
Caponata A La Siciliano
In kettle, half-cover eggplant with boiling salted water and cook until it is tender, turning once.
Let cool, peel off skin and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick.
Remove excess seeds.
Cut each slice into strips about 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch.
Measure and store in small... - 43.7381
Cut the spongecake into two or three layers.
Mix the ricotta, sugar, milk and rose water.
Rub through a sieve or whip until smooth.
Add the chocolate, almonds and candied fruit and mix well.
Place a spongecake layer on a serving plate and spread... - 43.5872
1. In a pan, heat water and cook spaghetti. Spaghetti needs a lot of water to cook properly.
2. In a saucepan, over medium-high temperature, heat oil and add eggplant; stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add olives, capers, and anchovies, stirring... - 43.5463
Veal marsala is a savory veal recipe prepared with marsala wine and simple flavored with garlic and parsley. I love the flavor that marsala lends to meats and often cook this recipe for both party and family meals. Serve this dinner herbed potatoes or rice,... - 43.5264
Eggplant Appetizer-relish (caponata)
This eggplant appetizer relish or caponata is an italian recipe often served with meals. Made with eggplant, green pepper, onions and parsley, the eggplant appetizer relish is savory and herbed with the flavors of basil and oregano in it. Blended with tomato... - 43.4746
1. In a slow cooker or a crock pot, combine all ingredients except the anchovies and pine nuts.
2. Cover with lid and cook the mixture slowly, on LOW for 5 to 6 hours
3. Stir in the anchovies.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and then... - 43.4329
Tuna Steaks Sicilian
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
Add tomato sauce and next 4 ingredients; stir well.
Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Spoon half of tomato... - 43.425
Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
Working from the center to the edges, lightly pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/8" thickness.
Remove the plastic wrap.
In a flat dish, combine the flour, marjoram, salt and... - 43.3307
Veal Scallopini With Marsala
Veal Scallopini with Marsala is a delicious recipe that you would love to prepare on a get together. Try this Veal Scallopini with Marsala recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this! - 43.2471
In a medium size saucepan, preferably not aluminum, combine the anchovies and tomato sauce, and bring to a simmer.
Partially cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heal: and set it aside uncovered.
Rinse the squid... - 43.1346
Mix ground beef, onion and green pepper in 2-quart casserole.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until beef loses pink color, 5 to 9 minutes, stirring once to break up beef.
Stir in remaining ingredients except Parmesan.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) 2... - 43.1051
1. Sprinkle salt on the aubergine generously and keep it in a colander or a large sieve for about 30 minutes to drain.
2. Remove and pat dry with paper towel and keep them aside.
3. In a large, heavy bottomed frying pan heat half of the olive oil, add... - 42.9956
Baked Squid Sicilian
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a jelly roll pan.
2) In a large bowl, mix together oil, squids, parsley, cheese, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
3) Dredge the marinated squids on a thick layer of bread crumbs and arrange... - 42.774
1 Cut the veal into 4 slices, 5 mm (lin) thick, and beat each one with a meat mallet, flattening it to the largest possible size.
Cut each slice in half.
2 Sieve the flour on to a plate.
Powder the mace, and add it to the flour with the remaining spices,... - 42.6574
Sicilian Stuffed Tomatoes
Cut off the tops of the tomatoes.
Scoop out and discard the seeds, being careful not to pierce the skins.
Heat the oil in a frying pan.
Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are soft but not brown.
Remove from the heat and stir in the... - 42.6008
Sicilian Chuck Vegetable Salad
1) In an inch of boiling water, stram the beans for 3 minutes.
2) Drain the beans and cut them into thirds.
3) In a bowl, combine first 9 ingredeints and toss them well.
4) Dress the salad with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5)... - 42.5676
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook celery in oil, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add eggplant to pan and cook, stirring, until it is lightly browned and tender enough to mash easily.
Add onion and... - 42.4842
Wash and dry eggplant.
Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Saute in 1/2 cup hot oil until golden brown and tender.
Remove and add more oil.
Saute onions and celery.
Return eggplant to skillet with onions, celery and tomato sauce.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
Cover... - 42.2691
Veal Scaloppine Marsala
1. Take a pie plate and add flour into it. Coat the veal slices by dunking in the flour.
2. Take a large frying pan; add butter or margarine into it. Saute the coated veal slices in it until they just get lightly browned. Remove the browned meat from... - 42.0539
Rinse the aubergines [eggplants] with cold water and pat them dry with kitchen paper towels.
In a large frying pan, heat 3 fluid ounces [3/8 cup] of oil over moderate heat.
Add the diced aubergines [eggplants] and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are... - 42.0404
Sicilian Recipes By Category