- » Shrimp Gumbo
Shrimp Gumbo Recipes
Enjoy our collection of shrimp gumbo recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for shrimp gumbo recipes.
1) In a pan, heat oil.
2) Saute okra in hot oil for 10 minutes.
3) Add shrimp, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Cook on high heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add water, tomatoes and bay leaf.
6) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Now, remove... - 48.416
Shrimp gumbo is a seafood gumbo prepared with shrimps along with added sausages. Cooked with green onions and parsley to flavor, the shrimp gumbo is very appetizing. With worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce for a great taste, this shrimp gumbo makes a... - 47.5827
1) In large pot; saute bacon until crisp.
2) Using a slotted spoon remove bacon and set aside.
3) In the same pot and same fat, stir the flour and cook, stirring until light brown.
4) Mix in the okra, onion, and garlic.
5) Allow to cook until light... - 46.7811
New Chicken And Shrimp Gumbo
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and sprinkle the shrimp with another tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to... - 46.6631
1.Start by cleaning the onions, make sure to reserve the green tops
2.Also chop the onions
3.In a pan, sauté onions with okra in bacon fat
4.Now add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
5.Also add stock, peppers, green onion tops cut into... - 45.725
Hearty Shrimp Gumbo
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, heat oil on a medium flame.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the flour has nicely browned.
3. Add celery, pepper and garlic and sauté for 6 minutes until soft.
4.... - 45.2071
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter, remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth.
2. Return to heat, add shrimp and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups water, the crab or shrimp boil, salt and pepper,... - 43.357
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large Dutch oven; stir flour into butter.
Add enough water to make a gravy.
Saute okra in remaining butter in small skillet.
Add okra, tomatoes, celery, green pepper, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, pepper and shrimp to... - 42.7754
In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute okra in oil for 10 minutes.
Add onions, garlic and pepper.
Cook about 5 minutes.
Add water, tomatoes and bay leaves.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions; do not use... - 42.3144
Chicken Shrimp Gumbo
Cook fowl with 5 cups water, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper for 3 hours, or until tender.
Cool and remove meat from bones.
Cut into pieces.
Strain broth and reserve.
Add enough water to make 6 cups.
Cool and skim off fat.
Cook salt pork... - 42.1354
Shrimp Gumbo With Tomato
Thaw frozen shrimp.
In heavy skillet cook celery, onion, and garlic in hot oil till tender. (Electric skillet 300°.)
Add tomatoes, okra, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and hot pepper sauce.
Reduce heat (220°).
Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
Add shrimp; cook 10 to 15... - 41.3214
1. Take a 3-quart microwave-oven-safe casserole and add butter, celery and onion into it. Microwave it for about 3-4 minutes at high until the mixture turns soft.
2. Add flour into the onion mixture and stir well. Add chicken broth in gradual steps... - 40.6268
1. Wash shrimp.
2. Combine 2 onions, vinegar and water; heat to boiling, add shrimp and boil 15 to 20 minutes or until pink.
3. Remove shrimp, shell and clean. Save the stock.
4. Chop remaining onion and brown in butter; blend in flour and add okra.
5. Add... - 39.2491
Shrimp And Chicken Gumbo
This Shrimp gumbo is the best seafood and okra dish that I've ever tasted ! Try this creamy savory spiced and herbed accompniment with a bowl of hot rice. Tell me if you like this Shrimp Gumbo. - 38.6881
In a large sauce pan over medium high heat cook celery, onions, and garlic in oil until celery is tender, stirring often.
Stir in soup mix, tomatoes, water, bay leaf, sugar, thyme, pepper and pepper sauce.
Heat to boiling stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to... - 36.779
Easy Tomato And Shrimp Gumbo
In 3-qt casserole place onion and butter.
Microwave at High (10) 3 Minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until onion is limp.
In small bowl stir together cornstarch and water.
Add to onion along with tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper, shrimp... - 35.0281
Zuider Zee's Shrimp Gumbo
In large saucepan cook celery, green pepper, green onion, and parsley in butter till tender.
Blend in soup, okra and liquid, tomatoes, rice, shrimp, water, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Heat to boiling; remove from heat and stir in file (never cook... - 34.8919
Shrimp Gumbo (french)
PREPARATION combine tomatoes, bouillon, okra, and seasonings in deep saucepan.
Simmer for 15 minutes; add shrimp.
Reheat - 33.7962
Ruth's Shrimp Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux: In a 6-inch skillet, stir the flour constantly over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from the heat.
2. To prepare the gumbo: In a 6-quart Dutch oven, cook the bacon over moderately high heat for 3 minutes or until... - 33.594
Chicken And Shrimp Gumbo
1. Spray a nonstick Dutch oven with nonstick spray. Add the sausage and onion; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the sausage, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.... - 28.8941
Shrimp Gumbo Recipes By Category