- » Shortcake
Shortcake refers to an American baked dessert made with a sweet biscuit. Strawberry shortcake is the most popular multi-layered version of this dessert.
The exact history of shortcake is unknown. Biscuits ... More »
Strawberry shortcake is the perfect summer time sweet treat. Enjoy this recipe on a warm summer evening with loved ones. This recipe uses coconut flour, and is a gluten-free, celiac-friendly alternative to regular shortcake. - 123.629
Strawberry Shortcake Bars - Summer Dessert Fav
If you love strawberry shortcake as much as I do then you are going to love this cheesecake-ish twist! The homemade velvety butter cake is the perfect base for this light and fresh tasting strawberry shortcake bars. Perfect summer dessert! - 123.273
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Pumped Up
Strawberries are wonderful and they are loaded with nutrition. And when you get loads of them, try making a scrumptious dessert that is easy to make. Chef Tawnya, the host of meals in a rush shows how to make strawberry shortcake pumped up in almost no time.... - 120.486
Impressive desserts do not have to be baked. It's easy to find a great pound cake already baked for you. This one is organic and uses no preservatives. Take the time to make your own whipped cream. It tastes so much better than store bought. Strawberry... - 116.489
French Prairie Strawberry Shortcake
One of the best things about spring is the fresh fruits and vegetable that you can get at your local store or market. But not only that, you can actually go out to the farm and pick the fruit yourself. One of the best places to enjoy the freshest of fruits is... - 110.25
Very Strawberry Shortcakes
Combine strawberries, 1 tablespoon sugar and liqueur; mix well.
Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
Heat oven to 375°F.
Lightly spray cookie sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
Combine flour, oat bran, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and... - 47.6387
1. In a bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice and toss them together
2. In a larger bowl, sift the flour and baking powder and mix it in with butter or margarine
3. To it, add the lemon rind and castor sugar
4. Add cold milk to it and blend it into a... - 47.5731
Individual Plum Shortcakes
Sift flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons sugar into bowl.
Cut in shortening.
Mix egg and cream, and add to dry ingredients.
Mix to form a soft dough.
Roll out on floured board 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into 8 rounds with 2 1/2-inch... - 46.8153
1. Sift the flour and cornflour together.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3. Add the essence and beat.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Fit a star nozzle in a piping bag and fill the bag with the mixture.
6. ... - 46.6359
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Toss 1 1/4 cups raspberries with 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar; set aside in refrigerator.
Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl.
Cut in margarine... - 46.2194
1 Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit.
2 As per the directions on the can, prepare and bake the biscuits.
3 In a large skillet, cook wine over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
4 Lower the heat to medium.... - 44.8685
Individual Strawberry Or Plum Shortcakes
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) Make the biscuits: In a large bowl add the first five ingredients and whisk together.
3) Using a pastry blender or two forks, blend in butter till the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) With a fork add the... - 44.7241
Easter Monday Shortcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. To make biscuits in a large bowl combine biscuit mix and green onions stir in milk with a fork to form soft dough.
3. On lightly greased cookie sheet, drop half of dough into 6 equal-size portions... - 44.1213
Triple Berry Angel Food Shortcakes
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Combine sour cream, yogurt, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Coat bottom and sides of 10 individual (1/2 cup) ovenproof molds or souffle... - 43.9979
Cream the butter until fluffy (use an electric mixer set at medium speed).
Add the egg yolk, confectioners' sugar, and whiskey.
Continue beating for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the orange rind over the batter.
Gradually add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon... - 43.9232
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) From the fruit salad, drain the syrup into a 2-cup measure. If required, add water to make 1 ½ cups. Cut the fruits and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
3) In a small saucepan, mix... - 42.2292
Party Fare Shortcakes
Party Fare Shortcakes is a wonderful dessert that you just shouldnâ€™t miss. This delicious shortcake is sure to win you some fans. Donâ€™t forget to try the Party Fare Shortcakes recipe! - 41.7785
Preheat oven to 425°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until butter is the size of peas.
Stir cream and yogurt together in a second... - 41.3305
Berry Ginger Shortcakes
1. In a small bowl, combine berries, the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (if desired), and the crystallized ginger. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. For shortcakes, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, the baking... - 41.1247
Mixed Berry Shortcakes
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Combine the berries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl.
Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt in a large bowl.
Using a... - 41.0805
Walnut And Ginger Shortcakes
Lightly grease two baking trays.
Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until very soft, light and fluffy.
Gradually work the sifted flour into the creamed mixture, together with the walnuts, to make a fairly firm dough.
Knead lightly, then wrap the... - 40.2569
1. Grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Sieve both the flours together in a bowl.
3. Cream fat and sugar adding the vanilla essence.
4. Beat in the flour working the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
5. Put mixture into a forcing bag filled with a large rose... - 39.0827
Tomato Shortcakes are extremely delicious and easy to make. I use prepare them as a snack for my children as they are quiet fond of it! This is an easy Tomato Shortcakes recipe that you just have to try. - 39.0217
Shortcakes is a wonderful dessert that is quiet easy to whip up! The last time I served it for an informal party at home, the guests loved it. Try this Shortcakes recipe and you will understand why. - 38.2703
Strawberry Shortcakes With Meyer Lemon Cream
1. Make the biscuits; Preheat the oven to 375° In a bowl, whisk the flours, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the cold butter until it is the size of peas. Stir in the cream until a shaggy dough forms.
2.... - 37.5034
1) Heat oven to 425°F.
2) Use vegetable spray over a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, add whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, and baking powder.
4) Using a pastry blender cut in butter and mix till crumbly.
5) Using a wooden... - 37.3823
Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
Hull and slice the strawberries, reserving 4 for decoration.
Fan the 4 reserved strawberries.
Spread a digestive biscuit with 1 teaspoon of the strawberry jam.
Beat the cream cheese to soften and stir in the icing sugar, then spread one-quarter of it over the... - 36.7988
In a medium saucepan cook the vegetables, covered, in 1/4 cup boiling water for 5 minutes.
In the same saucepan stir together soup, milk, and hot pepper sauce.
Add chicken and cooked vegetables.
Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or till... - 36.5738
These Viennese shortcakes are simply delectable bites for weekend parties or just for mid-day munch! Try your own variations with vanilla and almond essence. - 36.4097
Heat oven to 450°.
Prepare Baking Powder Biscuits as directed except €” after kneading, roll into rectangle, 14 x10 inches.
Cut with floured 2 3/4-inch doughnut cutter that has center removed.
Place half of the circles in ungreased baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2... - 34.3219
These Pronto Shortcakes taste absolutely yummy ! Try these fruit and cream rolls for your next dessert. Let me know your opinion about the Pronto Shortcakes. - 34.1813
Triple Fruit Shortcakes
1. To prepare filling, combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
3. To prepare shortcakes, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt... - 32.6344
Measure mix and sugar into a bowl and stir in mixture of milk, mayonnaise and vanilla.
Spoon into 12 large greased muffin cups.
Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
Cool slightly and remove from pans.
Split and serve covered with sweetened fresh berries halved or... - 29.676
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F. Rub a 9-inch square or round cake pan with margarine or shortening.Or add l 1/4-2 tablespoons sugar to a prepared biscuit mix. preparation time 15-20 min.
2. Sift the flour with the baking powder, salt and sugar. Gradually... - 28.127
Fig Berry Shortcakes
1. For the fig-berry sauce, in a 1-quart saucepan combine the figs and the vanilla bean halves and seeds, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the figs are tender.
2. Meanwhile, wash the berries and... - 27.7931
Two Fruit Shortcakes
1. Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in 4-cup measure; stir in orange juice and water. Microwave uncovered on high 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until boiling. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until cool.
2. Fold raspberries and bananas into orange... - 27.128
Fresh Cherry Shortcakes
1. In a bowl, combine cherries, warmed preserves, liqueur, orange peel and lemon juice. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. 2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter. Mix yogurt with eggs, and - 26.5318
1. Cut shortening into flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk just until blended. Gently smooth dough into a ball on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Knead 20 to 25 times. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness; cut... - 25.7086
Two Fruit Shortcakes
1. Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in 4-cup measure; stir in orange juice and water. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) stirring every minute, to boiling, about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 1 hour.
2. Prepare and microwave shortcakes.... - 24.8227
1 qt. of berries, sliced peaches, fresh or canned, or pineapple, and 1 cup cream whipped.
Crush berries or slice fruit, reserving choice berries or slices for garnishing.
Cut pineapple fine.
Sweeten as needed.
Put between layers and on top of shortcake.
Top... - 23.4756
Instead of kneading and rolling, drop the Shortcake dough by spoonfuls into muffin pans or onto baking sheet, Bake in a hot oven.
Split open to serve with sweetened fresh fruit and whipped cream between and on top of biscuits.
Bake: About 15 minutes. - 22.7039
Chili Con Came With Chili Cheddar Shortcakes
Make the shortcake biscuits: Into a bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt, add the butter, and blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
Stir in the Cheddar and the chilies, add the sour cream, and stir the - 21.3768
Shortcake Recipes By Category