- » Sherry
Sherry is a Spanish white wine fortified with brandy. The wine is drunk and is used in cooking by adding salt and other additives to the original drinking wine. The wine is used in cooking to flavor the final dish. ... More »
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) To this, beat in egg.
4) Add the sifted dry ingredients along with the sherry, beating until smooth.
5) Wrap the dough in a foil and chill for... - 47.7128
1. Grease a 9 inch square tin and dust with sugar.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and mix well.
3. Dust a clean work surface with icing sugar or corn starch.
4. Divide the marzipan into equal halves and... - 46.7759
1. In a 4-quart saucepan add ham hock, split peas, bay leaf, and 4 cups beef broth.
2. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer.
3. In a frying pan sautÃ© bacon until fat is tender.
4. Stir in onion and celery. Cook till tender.
5. Add flour and... - 45.7754
Sherry Glazed Duckling
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Clean the duckling with water and dry it. Rub salt inside and out and sprinkle celery salt on either sides.
3. Fill cavity with parsley, onions and green pepper.
4. After skewering the neck skin backwards,... - 45.5948
Chicken With Sherry And Pears
1.Mix corn starch, pepper and sherry.
2.Toss the mixture with chicken.
3. In a frypan, heat oil and butter.
4. Put the chicken pieces and fry well.
5. When the chicken turns brown evenly, add pear slices, green onions, sherry, lemon... - 45.12
Kidneys In Sherry
1) Discard fat and the outer membranes from the kidneys. Halve lengthwise and trim cores with scissors.
2) Cut out 3 or 4 slices from each halves.
3) Skin and finely chop the onion.
4) Peel and chop garlic.
5) In a small skillet heat... - 44.6221
If you wish to cook up a great meal, this Sherry-Glazed Duckling has to be a part of it! A truly awesome combination anyone would love to savor. Also, this Sherry-Glazed Duckling can be cooked in no time; a good reason to try it out! - 44.3173
1) Finely chop the sultanas, and crush the bananas to pulp.
2) In a bowl, place the bananas and sultanas and stream the boiling water.
3) Leave the banana mixture to cool and stir in Campden tablet and pectic enzyme.
4) Put the lid on... - 44.2032
1) Take a bowl and add the corn syrup, sugar, cake crumbs, cinnamon, dates, cocoa, vanilla, sweet sherry, and raisins.
2) Mix the ingredients together and blend them well.
3) Fashion into small balls.
4) Roll the balls in confectionerâ€™s... - 43.4644
Squab-chickens Baked In Sherry
This extra delicious Squab-Chickens Baked in Sherry is sure to catch your fancy. With a combintaion of ingredients, it's needless to say that this Squab-Chickens Baked in Sherry is sure to challenge your taste buds! - 43.2468
Sherry Christmas Cookies
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Dredge fruits and nuts with 1/2 cup of flour mixture and set aside.
Cream shortening and sugar; add corn syrup and mix well.
Add eggs and beat until smooth.
Add combined dry ingredients alternately with sherry, mixing... - 41.5718
The Sherry Delight is one of the best ways in which you can cook a haddock fish! Try the Sherry Delight and let me know if you agree with me! - 41.2115
Coat fillets with flour.
Heat oil in skillet; brown fish on both sides.
Combine sugar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sherry, and water to make 1 cup.
Pour over fish.
Cover skillet; simmer for 10 minutes.
Add black pepper, chives, parsley, and tomatoes.
Cook... - 40.9054
Breast Of Guinea Hen Au Sherry
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. In a skillet, sear the breasts.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté till golden and soft.
4. Cover the skillet with its lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
5. Cook the hen for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from... - 38.7072
Sweet Sherry Cookies
1) Preheat oven to 325Â°F (160Â°C).
2) Blend together the butter, sugar and egg yolks and keep beating until the mixture is creamy and light.
3) Add the flour and salt alternately with the sherry.
4) Mix it well. Once done, chill in... - 38.2247
Sherry Shrimp Supreme
Shell and devein shrimp.
Wash; dry well on paper towels.
In a large non-stick skillet saute mushrooms, onion, and shrimp in 1/4 liquid Butter Buds, or chicken broth, about 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
Add tomatoes, lite salt, pepper, and... - 37.2339
Roast Duckling With Sherry
1. Place ducklings in a large Dutch oven, breasts up.
2. In a small bowl mix together celery salt, onion salt, celery seed, curry powder, salt substitute, and pepper. Rub into skin of ducklings. Let marinate 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 300°F. Add celery and... - 37.2118
Sherry Old Fashioned
1) In an old-fashioned glass, add a lump of sugar.
2) Shake in the bitters.
3) Rotate glass to spread the sugar-bitters mix around the sides of the glass.
4) Add the ice cubes to the glass.
5) Add in the sherry and lightly stir.
6) Pour in the tonic... - 36.5484
Sherry Sugar Balls
1. In a basin, break the chocolate into pieces, and place the basin in a pan half filled with water and stir till chococlate melts
2. Remove the basin from heat and add cream and sugar into it
3. Finely crush sponge finger biscuits into the mixture... - 36.1916
Jellied Sherry Consomme
1) In a pan, heat consommé and stir in gelatine and sherry to dissolve.
2) Take an 8" x 8" pyrex pan; rinse it with cold water and pour half of mixture into it.
3) Chill the mixture in refrigerator until partially set.
4) Set aside the remaining... - 36.0561
1. In 8 tall glasses, add plenty of ice cubes.
2. Pour the sherry, dividing equally.
3. Top with the chilled soda
4. Drop in a slice of lemon.
5. Serve with a stirrer and straw. - 35.3399
Madrilene With Sherry
1) Take 1/2 cup of tomato juice and soften gelatin in it.
2) Combine all the remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.
3) Simmer for about 5 minutes and stir in gelatin mixture.
4) Pour into a shallow pan and chill until firm.
5) Cut... - 34.4764
In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light.
Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
In another bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
Add to margarine mixture alternately with sherry.
Cover and refrigerate dough at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to... - 34.475
Kidneys In Sherry
1. Remove the skin from the kidneys, halve and cut out any core.
2. Saute onion in the oil and butter until soft and golden. Lift out and set aside.
3. Brown the kidneys quickly on each side. Return the onion to the pan and add seasoning, sherry and stock;... - 34.423
Pot Roast In Sherry
Trim all fat from roast.
Place in a 12 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
Pour sherry and broth over roast.
Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap.
Cook on 70 (roast) 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50 (simmer) and cook 15 minutes.
Turn roast... - 34.0808
In a decanter combine dry sherry, orange liqueur, and brandy.
Divide sherry mixture among 8 cocktail glasses.
Add ice, if desired.
Fill each glass with about 1/2 cup of chilled lemon-lime carbonated beverage.
Garnish with orange slices... - 33.7699
Chicken With Sherry And Raisins
1. Heat the butter and oil in a heavy 12- or 14-inch skillet over moderately high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, turning them frequently.
2. Add the onion, sherry, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cover, reduce the heat, and... - 33.4006
Pour the white wine, sherry, orange juice, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur and bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a tall glass over ice cubes.
Add soda water and stir.
Garnish with lemon slice. - 31.6786
1) Into the shaker with ice cubes, add the orange bitters
2) Add the canadian whisky, brown curacao, pernod and grenadine syrup
3) Shake well
4) Strain the cocktail into a cocktail glass
5) Serve with a cherry - 31.227
Tomato Sherry Marinade
Place beef or pork in a plastic bag set into a shallow dish.
For marinade, in a small mixing bowl combine tomato sauce, sherry, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger.
Pour over meat.
Marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight,... - 31.0235
Combine the gelatin and sugar in a large saucepan; mix well.
Add water and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
Remove from heat and blend in remaining ingredients.
Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart fancy mold or a pretty china bowl.
Chill... - 31.0052
Baked Partridge In Sherry
Cut birds, using breasts and thighs.
Brown lightly with onion and garlic in butter.
Put in roasting pan, add celery, salt, pepper, and sherry.
Bake at 350°F 1 1/2 hours; baste frequently, adding water if necessary. - 30.9454
Jellied Consomme With Sherry
Jellied consomme with sherry can be served between the courses as a palate cleanser. Prepared with parsley and lemon juice, the jellied consomme can be prepared with a consomme of choice and sherry. Topped with parsley, it is usually served cold. - 29.1769
Party Sherry Sour
1. In a pitcher or jug, combine sherry and lemonade.
2. Stir well to blend.
3. Taste and add more lemonade if you like a more lemony flavor.
4. Refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve.
5. Pour into cocktail glasses over crushed ice. - 28.6216
1. Combine gelatin and sugar in a large saucepan; mix well. Add water and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and blend in remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into a 1 1 1/2-quart fancy mold or a china serving bowl.... - 26.5126
Line bowl with sliced jelly role, raspberry jelly roll preferred.
Sprinkle generously with sherry.
Then fill with following filling and put in refrigerator till set.
Turn out on dish and cut in pie slices.
When thickened add 1 package gelatine soaked in... - 26.334
Veal In Sherry
Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Add veal and saute 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Add sherry and boil 1 minute, deglazing pan.
Garnish with parsley and serve with freshly cooked rice or... - 26.3012
1)Slightly warm consomme and pour into soup bowls.
2)Stir in the sherry and garnish it with thinly sliced green onion... - 26.3008
Pour the sherry, brandy, orange juice and sugar into a tall glass filled with crushed ice.
Stir well and garnish with orange slice. - 25.8321
Cranberries With Sherry
Dissolve sugar and sherry in pan over medium heat.
Add the cranberries and cook, while stirring, about 5-8 minutes or until the berries pop.
Cool 10 minutes and add the walnuts.
Store in refrigerator. - 24.507
Cheddar In Sherry
Cream butter with mustard and cayenne.
Grate cheese very finely.
Mix with sherry.
Add butter mixture, and blend thoroughly.
Makes 1-1/4 cups. - 23.6258
Boil sugar and sherry to a soft ball stage (238Â° F).
Remove from heat, add cinnamon and walnuts.
Stir until cloudy.
Turn out on a greased cookie sheets.
Separate and allow to cool. - 21.5405
In blender container combine all ingredients and process until smooth. - 20.4764
Mix and put in freezer for 24 hours.
Stir up once or twice.
Serve in glass with short straws. - 20.4373
Sherry And Vermouth
Pour the dry sherry and dry vermouth into a glass over ice cubes.
Stir well and add the lemon peel. - 20.3167
Simmered Sherry Bouillon
In large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil; stir until bouillon dissolves.
Remove from heat; stir in sherry. - 15.2473
Sherry Recipes By Category