- » Sharp Vinaigrette
Sharp Vinaigrette Recipes
Enjoy our collection of sharp vinaigrette recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for sharp vinaigrette recipes.
Vinaigrette S Syomgoi (salmon Vinaigrette)
1) With a sharp knife, cut the smoked salmon slices into even strips.
2) In a large bowl, add the salmon strips, potatoes, capers, onion, olives and scallions.
3) With a fork, gently mix the ingredients.
4) To a serving dish, transfer... - 47.0818
French Vinaigrette Dressing
Think vinaigrette dressing is too fancy to be made at home? Then watch this video and change the way you think forever! The chef details a simple recipe to make the popular French dressing that adds a delicious touch to almost everything! - 114.479
Fresh Artichokes Vinaigrette
1. Wash artichokes carefully and drain. Slice off 1/3 of upper tip of each artichoke with a sharp knife. With a kitchen shears trim off the thorny ends of the leaves. The stems should be cut off even with the base of the artichoke.
2. Combine water, vinegar... - 30.9007
1. Break the cauliflower head into even sized small florets and wash well.
2. Using a small sharp knife, peel the skin from the stalks as much as possible.
3. In a pot of boiling salt water, add the cauliflower sprigs with a little lemon... - 47.4613
Lobster With A Tropical Vinaigrette
Split lobsters immediately before cooking, keeping tail intact.
Remove stomach and totally and discard.
Remove claws, separate attached knuckles and set aside.
Place tail with the translucent membrane down and curved shell facing up.
With kitchen shears or a... - 39.2284
Artichoke Hearts With Orange Vinaigrette
1. Trim off the stalk close to the base of each artichoke.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add half the lemon juice; add the prepared artichokes, bring back to the boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, make the... - 35.9495
Pan Seared Scallops With Lemon Vinaigrette
Using a sharp knife, score lemon into 4 lengthwise sections; remove peel from lemon.
Scrape white portion from peel; discard.
Cut peel into very thin strips; set aside.
Squeeze enough juice from lemon to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside.
In a large skillet... - 38.4852
Avocado With Red Currant Vinaigrette
4. In a blender bowl, tip in the 4 parts oil and 1 part lemon juice and blend well
5. Add in a sufficient amount of redcurrants to color the sauce pink, thicken it and give a good sharp flavor. Blend this well again
6. Add sugar, salt and pepper to... - 34.902
1. Cut off the stems of the artichokes close to the leaves and cut approximately 2 cm/1 inch off the tops of each.
2. Trim remainder of the leaves with scissors.
3. Place in a pan of boiling salted water with some lemon juice and simmer the artichokes for 30... - 27.6704
Orange & Avocado Salad With Cumin Vinaigrette
Using a sharp knife, cut peel and all white membrane from oranges.
Cut oranges crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Pit and peel avocados; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
Arrange orange slices and avocado wedges on a platter.
Pour dressing over... - 26.2526
Baked Onions With Balsamic Vinaigrette
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Trim off the root and stem ends of the onions. With a sharp paring knife, score a deep cross-mark on top of each onion by cutting halfway down.
3) In a 6-by-6-inch square of aluminum foil, place each onion by... - 43.0436
Mixed Salad Vinaigrette
1. Make flower petals out of radishes using a sharp knife and leave it in iced water refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. In boiling salted water cook the courgettes for 7-10 minutes until just tender and refresh in cold water and cut into slices.
3. In a bowl... - 40.5871
Sliced Cucumbers With Sesame Rice Vinaigrette
Peel the cucumbers and cut off the tips on both ends.
Cut them in half and scoop out the seeds.
With a sharp knife slice the cucumbers paper thin.
Place in a medium bowl, add the vinegar and soy sauce and mix well.
To toast the sesame seeds.
Put the sesame... - 31.9909
Warm Artichoke Salad With Bacon And Mustard Vinaigrette
1. In a bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and 1 tablespoon of water; set aside. (The vinaigrette can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.) Before... - 43.2667
Celery Root Salad With Mustard Vinaigrette
TO MAKE THE DRESSING In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, sugar, and a few grinds of pepper to taste.
Cover tightly and shake vigorously to blend.
Taste and adjust the seasonings.
In a large mixing bowl,... - 41.1443
Citrus And Avocado Salad With Honey Vinaigrette
1. In a small bowl, whisk the honey with the lime juice, oil, sour cream and vinegar. Stir in the poppy seeds and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until golden brown, about 2... - 29.7309
Brussels Sprout Salad With Buttermilk Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts well and remove all the discolored outer leaves
2. With a sharp knife on a cutting board, thinly slice the sprouts
3. In a large bowl, tip in the Brussels sprouts, carrot, apple and walnuts and mix... - 36.6524
Roast Leg Of Spring Lamb With Fresh Mint Vinaigrette
With the point of a sharp knife, pierce lamb in as many places as you have garlic slivers.
Insert slivers into slits.
Refrigerate lamb 2 hours, then remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325°.
Rub leg of lamb... - 40.7021
Salad Nachos Vinaigrette
1. In a bowl, stir together the refried beans and jalapeno peppers.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice and mustard. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and black pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in the corn oil. Mix until incorporated and set... - 40.9514
Curly Cukes And Radish Salad
Trim ends of cucumbers.
Using a sharp vegetable peeler, slice cucumbers length-wise into wide, flat ribbons.
Discard first and last slices.
In a medium bowl combine cucumber ribbons, radishes, jalapeno pepper, basil, sugar, and salt.
Drizzle the olive oil and... - 30.6221
Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Tear lettuces into bite-sized pieces and mix together in medium bowl.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk the oil into the vinegar and add shallots, salt, and pepper.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette, pour the remainder over the lettuce and toss.
Distribute... - 41.9399
1. Blanch, refresh and peel the tomatoes.
2. Peel and finely slice the shallots.
3. Keep the vinaigrette dressing ready.
4. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice the peeled tomatoes.
5. Lay into a shallow dish, sprinkle over the... - 92.467
Smoked Pepper Duck With Cheddar Cup And Cranberry Chutney
1. For the chutney, in a stainless steel saucepan, caramelize the sugar over a low flame, stirring constantly, till liquid and golden in colour; add orange juice and cook till well blended
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients, stir well and allow to... - 47.2615
This duck recipe is prepared as a saladwith oranges and flavored with mint. The duck is sprinkled with vinaigrette and served with served with water cress sprigs as a full meal. - 36.3592
Oriental Broccoli Salad
With a sharp paring knife, remove the tough outer layer of the broccoli stalks, then steam them in a large pot until just tender, about 4 to 5 minutes once the water under the steamer boils.
Drain the broccoli in a colander, rinse with cold water to stop the... - 35.8683
Exotic Roasted Veggies
Want to add an interesting twist to mainstream roasted vegetables? Then watch this video by HollyPinafore and learn to make tasty roasted veggies that are a class apart. Watch and learn. - 93.5949
Romaine Salad With Croutons
Salad and croutons go together like icing and cake—but only if you pair them well. No one knows the art of doing that better than Chef Keith Snow who tosses up a quick salad with romaine lettuce and crunchy croutons. Try making it at home for a real... - 112.321
Emince D'avocat Au Crabe, Gingembre Et Pamplemousse Rose
1. In a large dish, bring to boil 2 liters / 3 1/2 pt water with 25 g / 1 oz salt
2. Peel the ginger root and reserve
3. Add the trimmings to the water and simmer the water for a few minutes
4. Prepare the mayonnaise in a large bowl by mixing... - 45.4589
Brussels Sprout Celery Salad
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts well but remove the outer discolored outer leaves
2. With a sharp knife on a cutting board, thinly slice the sprouts
3. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients and toss them well with the Vinaigrette... - 30.174
Fennel And Orange Salad
Thinly slice the fennel with a sharp knife or a mandoline.
Cut the skin from the orange and cut the orange into crosswise slices.
Whisk the lemon juice, olive oils, salt, and pepper together to make a vinaigrette.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the parsley for... - 34.0126
Eggplant And Portobello Mushroom Melts
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms, discard stems. Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a sharp knife, discard gills. Place mushrooms and eggplant on a broiler pan, brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Broil 6... - 28.5119
Baked Garden Salad
Prepare Vinaigrette Dressing.
In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, carrot, peas, tomatoes and sprouts.
Using a sharp knife, shred spinach.
Add shredded spinach and cheese to vegetables; toss until combined.
Remove garlic from Vinaigrette Dressing.
Pour... - 42.4659
Watercress And Redleaf Lettuces With Oranges, Red Onions And Fennel
1) In a plastic bag put watercress and lettuces.
2) Chill in refrigerator before packing in a cooler.
3) With a knife cut the ends of oranges.
4) Keeping the oranges upright peel and skin the oranges.
5) Halve lengthwise and then cut into thin... - 47.1782
Avocado And Orange Salad
1. Soak lettuce in ice-chilled water for 20 minutes.
2. Halve the avocados lengthwise remove stone and then pare with a sharp paring knife.
3. Slice them crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Immediately place in a bowl and sprinkle... - 42.3202
Spinach-grapefruit Salad With Blue Cheese And Pine Nuts
To Prepare Salad: Tear spinach into bite-size pieces and toss with endive.
Wrap in paper towels and a plastic bag and refrigerate.
(Greens may be refrigerated overnight.) Cut ends off grapefruit and with a sharp knife, remove peel.
Separate into segments, cut... - 40.5196
Peel the tomatoes by placing them in a bowl and covering with boiling water for 10 seconds.
Drain and cover them with cold water; the skin can now be removed easily.
Cut a slice from the bottom (not stalk end) of each tomato, reserving the slices.
Holding the... - 35.0361
Jicama Ham Salad
1) Steam broccoli florets for 3 to 4 minutes till just about tender.
2) In a bowl, add ham, jicama, cheese, and onion and toss gently.
3) In a saucepan, add vinaigrette and heat.
4) Mix in mustard and without allowing to boil, steam it
5)... - 37.5428
I am going to show you how to make a super delicious salad using endives. Many people do not know what to do with it because they find it bitter or they dont know how to cook it. Today I am going to show you 2 things: first, how to cut an endive properly to... - 0
Watercress Endive Salad With Blood Oranges & Pomegranates
With a small sharp knife, cut ends off oranges.
Set 1 orange, cut side down, on a cutting board.
Following its curve with the knife, slice off rind and white skin.
Cut between inner membranes and fruit to release segments; drop segments into bowl.
Repeat with... - 31.31
Stuffed Cold Tomatoes
Using sharp knife and spoon, hollow tomatoes.
Discard insides and set shells aside.
Mix chopped mint, oil and vinegar together.
Season well and sprinkle in tomatoes; let stand 15 minutes.
Mix macaroni with remaining ingredients; let stand 15 minutes. - 33.3057
In a 10- to 12-quart pan, combine 5 to 6 quarts water, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns, and oil.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Meanwhile, remove coarse outer leaves from artichokes and trim stems even with base.
With a sharp knife, cut off top third of... - 32.0494
Radicchio And Orange Salad With Dates And Brie
1) With the help of a zester, remove the small strips of rind from 1 of the oranges very carefully. Keep aside.
2) With a small, sharp knife, peel the rind and pith from both the oranges and thinly slice them.
3) In a large serving bowl or on... - 38.797
Avocado And Orange Salad
1. Halve 2 avocados, remove the stones and the skin with a sharp knife. Slice the flesh.
2. Peel and segment the oranges. Cut off the stalk end of the tomato, slice and discard the seeds. Peel the onions and slice, separating into rings.
3. Cut off the... - 34.8273
Ionian Garlic Sauce
1. Place the parsley, dill, mint, watercress, and oregano on a cutting board. Evenly sprinkle the salt over the mixture. The salt will cause the herbs and watercress to begin to "weep" their liquid.
2. Pull the herbs and watercress together in the center of... - 35.8996
Autumn Duck Salad With Green Beans
Reserve duck giblets for another use.
Trim away wing tips and remove all fat from duck cavities.
Salt ducks inside and out and place breast side up in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold them comfortably.
Let ducks come to room temperature, about... - 38.3414
Roasted Carrot And Beet Salad With Oranges And Arugula
1. Preheat the oven to 400° Spread the walnuts in a pie pan and toast until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Place the carrots and beets in separate pie pans. Season the carrots with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season the beets... - 32.6652
1. Cut the lettuce into 4 and remove the hard core. Tear into bite-sized pieces and arrange on a large serving platter or 4 individual plates.
2. Cook the French beans in boiling salted water for 8 minutes and the potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender.... - 40.3962
Roasted Green Pepper Salad
1. Roast the peppers by placing them on a baking sheet.
2. Broil them by placing the sheet 6 inches from the heat and turning every 5 minutes with tongs, until the skin of the peppers is blistered and charred and peeling
3. Place the hot... - 47.6285
Haddock With Anchovies
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2 Clean and wash the fish. Season with salt. Make several small incisions across the backbone of the fish with a sharp knife. Cut the anchovy fillets into thin strips and place in the slits.
3 Place the fish in a greased baking... - 32.6058
Green Bean And New Potato Salad From Vernon
Green Bean And New Potato Salad From Vernon is a yummy salad that you shouldnâ€™t miss. My children, self declared vegetable haters always give into this salad once in a while. Prepare the Green Bean And New Potato Salad From Vernon yourself and you will... - 41.8333
Jellied Veal Slices
Have the shoulder boned, rolled, and tied.
Make small incisions in the meat with a sharp knife and insert slivers of garlic.
Melt the butter in a deep Dutch oven or a heavy kettle and brown meat on all sides.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add white wine and... - 45.9044
1) Snap stems from spinach and tear leaves into large bite-sized pieces.
2) Take a salad bowl,mix torn pieces of spinach with cheese and celery.
3) Make Vinaigrette dressing by mixing all the remaining ingredients in bottle and shake... - 48.5605
Cottage Cheese & Chives Stuffed Pears
1) In a sieve, place the cottage cheese and leave to drain for 10 minutes to remove excess liquid.
2) Discard the liquid and in a clean bowl sieve the cheese.
3) With an apple corer, remove the core from each of the pears.
4) Brush the hollowed... - 41.3541
Asian Cabbage Slaw
I feel like I say this a lot, but this really is a family favorite! I promise you every time we get together this slaw will be there! It’s so easy and delicious and sometimes I eat an entire plate of it. It’s my Gogo’s recipe and it’s here to stay. I... - 0
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Grease a 7 inch diameter souffle dish with 2 tbsp of the butter, and tie with paper collar if liked.
Separate the eggs.
Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, stir in cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually add the milk, and... - 47.481
Warm Broccoli Salad With Toasted Pine Nuts
1) With a small sharp knife, separate the broccoli florets into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Discard the tough stems and peel the remaining stalks. Make 1/4-inch-thick slices along the width. Place aside.
2) in a small bowl, add lemon juice,... - 47.6417
Salad De Chou Rouge Aux Pommes
1. Slice cabbage into quarters and discard its core.
2. Shred the leaves finely using a sharp knife, mandoline slicer or food processor. Place them in a salad bowl.
3. In a pan, boil vinegar.
4. Pour the vinegar over chopped cabbage... - 36.745
Nice Salad Nicoise
Prepare the hard boiled eggs, remove the shells and using a small sharp knife, cut the eggs into quarters.
Drain the potatoes and cut into .5 cm slices.
Arrange the sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the bottom and sides of 4 individual salad bowls.
Divide the... - 45.8312
Chick Pea Salad
Chick Pea Salad is a perfect dish that you can add to the vegetarian section of your dinner spread! The flavors of this yummy Chick Pea Salad is simply captivating! My vegan friend have nothing but praised for the Chick Pea Salad! Try it! - 33.5441
First things first for this amazing sandwich… roasting the red bell pepper. Its so much easier than people think and so much better than buying them from your grocery store out of the bottle. - 74.4556
Chilled Asparagus With Marinated Roasted Pepper Topping
This chilled asparagus is a fabulous salad “meal” which is just perfect either when having guests for a weekend lunch or when you want to provide your family with a light and refreshing supper during the week. Healthy, light and delicious!! - 49.2334
Beet Salad With Tangerines
This clever recipe uses sweet-tart tangerines two ways: Sections of fruit are tossed into the salad, and tangerine juice flavors the vinaigrette.
Picture Credit: John Kernick
Recipe By: Marcia Kiesel
For more recipes, please visit Foodandwine.com - 27.7901
If you are looking at easting healthy vegetable dishes, try this Stuffed Artichoke Leaves recipe. Artichokes are fiber and nutrient-rich and also low in calories. Moreover, this dish is very simple to prepare and uses a fabulous stuffing of freshly cut... - 114.048