- » Shallot
Shallot is a botanical variety belonging to the onion or Allium cepa family. The genusAllium, which includes varieties of onions, garlic as well as shallots, has now been classified as part of the plant ... More »
Shallot Veal Chops
1 In a skillet, add butter and quickly brown the chops.
2 Add in the ham and shallots, and cook for a few minutes.
3 Pour in the bouillon and wine.
4 Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until chops are tender.
5 Transfer to a hot platter.
6 ... - 45.667
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium cast-iron skillet, place the shallots. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss well.
3) Place bay leaves and thyme over the shallots.
4) Cover the skillet with foil and place inside oven... - 40.4365
Spinach With Shallots
1 Wash the young, tender spinach leaves well.
2 Peel and chop the shallots or Bermuda onion finely.
3 In a pan, heat the butter.
4 Add in the shallots and cook until tender but not at all browned.
5 Add the spinach leaves, and fry... - 39.0694
Sun Dried Tomato And Shallot
1) Take a frying pan and heat oil init. Stir in shallots and saute until browned and soft, stirring occasionally.
2) Now, put in parsley, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
3) Next, add feta cheese and pepper as... - 36.8038
Shallots And Tomatoes
1 In a bowl, put the tomatoes and sprinkle with shallots.
2 Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3 Chill and serve. - 35.9277
Sauted Kidneys With Shallots
Skin the kidneys and remove the cores.
Soak for 5 min in cold water.
Dry and cut into 1/4-in slices.
Finely chop the shallots, heat the fat in a saute pan and fry them slightly.
Then put in the sliced kidney and shake and toss over the heat for about 5 min.... - 34.007
Cockles With Shallots
1. Wash the cockles in water mixed with 30 ml (2 tbls) vinegar, then rinse in water, rubbing them together in your hands. Drain.
2. Peel the shallots and chop roughly. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the shallots, moistening with a little hot... - 28.2662
Cream minced shallots into the butter.
Beat in parsley.
Chill until firm.
Herb Honey: Use any combination of the following herbs: mint, sage, thyme, borage or rose geranium.
Bruise herbs very slightly.
Place a layer of herbs in a small saucepan.
Cover with... - 27.7654
Caramelized Shallot Mash
1. Heat a large frying pan. Melt a knob of the butter and add the shallots and thyme sprigs. Cook over a low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden. Add the sugar and cook 5-10 mins more until light brown.
2. Meanwhile, boil the... - 27.4152
Crispy Fried Shallots
Spread sliced shallots on several layers of paper towels.
Sprinkle with salt.
Let stand 10 minutes or until moisture is released.
Gently press out remaining moisture; pat dry.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat until hot.
Fry shallots, stirring... - 26.7351
Yellow Squash With Shallot Butter
Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan over low heat.
Add the shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the squash to a large pot of rapidly boiling water, or place it in a steamer basket over boiling water, Cook for about 1 minute,... - 20.1882
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook them for about 13 minutes, allowing them to brown without stirring too frequently.
2. Add the vinegar. Turn heat to high and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to medium low and... - 20.0949
Soften the butter and mix well with the shallots.
Rub the butter mixture through a fine sieve. - 16.8679
Shallot Recipes By Category