- » Sesame Seed
Sesame Seed Recipes
Sesame seed is the fruit of the sesame plant that derived its name from the Latin word sesamum which in turn was derived from the Greek sesamon. This rich nutty flavored flat and oval shaped seed is famous for its ... More »
Black Sesame Seed Balls
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the glutinous flour.
2. In another bowl, dissolve the brown sugar in warm water and pour it little by little onto the flour. Combine it slowly into a nice sticky dough. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, spoon out... - 122.916
Seared Tuna With Sesame Seeds
Nikko is going to sear tuna with a sesame seed coating. While it looks like a simple recipe, which it is, but needs careful attention because the fish needs to be cooked just for a while. Overcooking the fish will kill its taste. Follow the simple guidelines... - 105.787
Fried Sesame Balls
Are you looking for a classic sesame balls recipe? Here is a traditional Chinese style fried sesame balls recipe that serves as a delicious dessert. The chef here has prepared this recipe in such a simple manner, so that you can prepare the same easily in... - 93.9617
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
2. In a bowl sift flour with salt, mustard and cayenne.
3. Cut in butter, and add 1 tbsp of sesame seeds and grated cheese.
4. In another bowl beat the egg yolk with lemon juice and stir it into... - 46.7644
Sesame Seed Drops
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 325Â°F (160Â°C).
2) Take a bowl, mix the sugar and butter creaming them until fluffy and light.
3) Add the eggs one by one, beating well after adding each.
4) Add the vanilla,... - 45.9827
1) Clean and wash sesame seeds. Dry them in sunlight.
2) When they are damp, rub them in a cloth to take out the skin.
3) In a large wok, melt jiggery and add all the ingredients.
4) Stir constantly until the mixture is thick. Switch... - 44.9999
Sesame Strips Brownie's
1) Preheat oven moderate to 300°.
2) In a bowl add sugar, soybean oil and skim milk powder. Mix for 2 minutes.
3) Combine eggs and flavorings and again mix for 2 minutes.
4) Add wheat germ, sesame seeds, cashews and raisins. Mix for... - 43.9534
1) In a bowl mix flour, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt with the shortening resembling pie dough.
2) Mix together milk and vinegar.
3) Immediately add to the dough mixture.
4) Separate and divide dough into 36 pieces.
5) Roll with fingers into 5... - 42.5156
Carrot, Celeriac And Sesame Seed Salad
1. Slice the celeriac into thin matchsticks. Place in a small saucepan of boiling salted water and boil for 2 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse the celeriac in cold water and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Finely grate the carrot. Add the carrot and the raisins to the... - 42.0121
Vegetable Stir Fry With Sesame Seeds
1. In 1 cup or 250 milliliter measure, blend together stock, cornstarch and soy sauce, microwave at High for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling, stirring once and set aside.
2. Heat the microwave browning skillet at High for 5 minutes or as per the... - 41.546
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Liberally grease 2 cookie sheets.
3. Separate out the breadsticks, but do not unroll.
4. On greased cookie sheets, place coils 4 inches apart.
5. Press each of the coil to 5-inch circle and pinch to seal... - 41.1921
Stir Fried Kidneys
1) Combine tamari, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
2) Prepare kidneys by cleaning and getting rid of any membranes attached.
3) Cut into slices.
4) Place the kidney slices in tamari-cornstarch mixture, cover, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours,... - 40.628
First prepare the dressing.
Put the drained bean curd into a cloth and gently squeeze out as much water as possible (the bean curd should break up).
Gently fry the sesame seeds in a small frying-pan until they begin to 'jump', taking care not to... - 39.9694
Sesame Seed Snaps
Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
Place the sugar, water, syrup and glucose in a large, heavy based saucepan.
Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
Bring to the boil and boil steadily to 150C/300F, stirring... - 39.4759
Spicy Sesame Squares
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread sesame seeds on a large flat pan and toast in oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
Sprinkle half of the toasted sesame seeds evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
Beat egg lightly.
Add... - 38.9912
1) Take a large wok and roast sesame seeds until light brown colour.
2) Let the sesame seeds cool and then powder them with peanuts.
3) Make single thread consistency sugar syrup with 2 cups of water.
4) Add the tils and cardamoms. Stir constantly... - 38.7831
Peanut, Tofu And Sesame Soup
Spread the cooked peanuts on a large cutting board and chop them coarsely. Set aside.
Using a small amount of oil, saute the tofu cubes with the celery, onions, and mushrooms. The tofu should brown lightly and the onions should be golden.
Combine the... - 38.0486
Season With Reason
1)In a blender, put sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. Grind them at high speed in short bursts.
2)Now add, brewer's yeast, marjoram, basil, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
3)Transfer contents of belnder into a jar. Cover tightly... - 37.9003
1) In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
2) Divide into two portions.
3) On a flat surface keep a piece of waxed paper and arrange the mixture over it.
4) Form into a one-inch roll.
5) Wrap in paper and keep in the refrigerator.
6) Cut into... - 35.8292
Sesame Seed Twists
Prepare biscuit mix as directed on package for rolled biscuits.
Roll on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square about 1/8 inch thick.
Thinly slice and quickly place about 3 tablespoons of the chilled butter onto half of dough; fold other half over... - 34.5594
Sesame Seed Thins
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg, flour, salt and baking powder; mix well.
Add vanilla and sesame seed; blend.
Drop, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, onto greased baking sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool for 1 minute; remove from... - 34.0002
Sesame Seed Crisps
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the seeds in a dry skillet and toast over medium heat, shaking occasionally, until light golden in color. Cool.3. Cream together the sugar, butter, and egg until very light and fluffy. Sift together the flour,... - 33.6354
Milkweed Buds With Sesame Seeds
Cover buds with boiling water, boil for 5 minutes.
Drain, then repeat procedure.
Rinse cooked buds in cold water.
Combine margarine, water and soy sauce in frying pan.
Bring to boil and stir in celery and water chestnuts.
Add cooked buds, cover and simmer for... - 33.3938
Sesame Seed Rings
Start by toasting the sesame seeds.
Put them in a frying-pan over medium heat.
When you start to smell them, or see them turning golden, shake the pan until they are fairly uniform in colour.
Remove the pan from the heat and empty it immediately, as the seeds... - 33.2997
Sesame Breakfast Rings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in 2 whole eggs until light and fluffy.
2. On low speed, beat in flour mixed with baking powder and salt, alternately with milk... - 32.84
Barbecued Sesame Short Ribs
In large saucepan, combine ribs, water, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic; bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer, turning ribs occasionally, for about 1 hour or until ribs are tender.
With slotted spoon, remove ribs and set aside.
To saucepan, add... - 32.273
1) Melt the honey and stir in all the remaining ingredients till they are properly mixed.
2) Put the mixture in shallow greased trays or flan tins. Place in fridge till the concoction is set.
3) Serve as desired. - 31.9277
Place cream, honey, molasses and oil in a saucepan.
Heat until mixture forms soft ball when dropped into cold water.
Remove from heat.
Add soy grits and seeds.
Beat until thick.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly oiled platter.
When cool, roll into... - 31.0936
1. In a skillet, place sesame seeds and dry roast them over low heat until they become fragrant and begin to pop
2. Now add the next 3 ingredients and stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat and cool it and then store zaatar in a glass... - 30.3893
Tunt &mango Sashimi Salad
1. Cut tuna into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium bowl. Add green onion, cilantro, soy sauce and Chile.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic and ginger.
3. In a small saucepan, heat sesame oil until it starts to smoke. Pour over the garlic and ginger.
4. - 28.7079
Sesame Seed Nibbles
Blend flour and oil.
Add salt and only enough water to make dough of piecrust consistency.
Roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut into desired shapes.
Arrange on oiled cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds, pressing seeds lightly into dough.
Bake at... - 28.4723
1. In a large skillet, heat salt over a moderate flame, and set aside in a bowl
2. Now toast sesame seeds in the skillet over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes till browned and aromatic
3. In a food processor, grind sesame seeds and salt, on/off... - 27.9206
Heat the salt in a heavy cast-iron skillet until it sparkles.
Set it aside.
Wash the sesame seeds in a fine mesh strainer.
Roast them in a skillet until they start popping and can be crushed easily between the thumb and first finger when rubbed... - 25.5849
Julienned Turnips With Sesame Seeds
Julienned Turnips With Sesame Seeds has been one of my favorite recipes. Julienned Turnips With Sesame Seeds was liked by all who tried it . And now that I have made it, I am pretty sad-Why didn't I try it before? - 25.4047
Kong Na Mool
Put the bean sprouts into a saucepan and cover with boiling water.
Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until they are just tender.
Drain and return the bean sprouts to the pan.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, a little at a time, and cook over moderate heat until... - 23.8509
Trim top and side crusts from loaf.
Place loaf on ungreased baking sheet and cut zig zag in 7 to 8 wedges, almost to bottom crust .
Blend butter, cheese, and Tabasco sauce.
Spread between wedges and over top and sides of loaf.Tie string around loaf to hold... - 23.7906
1) In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, heat sesame seeds for about 4 to 6 minutes, often tossing or shaking pan until seeds pop and becomes golden and then let cool.
2) With a mortar, crush toasted seeds and salt and grind in a spice grinder.
3)... - 23.2055
Sweet Sesame Nightcap
Puree all of the ingredients except the nutmeg in a blender.
Pour into chilled goblets and sprinkle with nutmeg. - 21.7035
Mix the icing sugar with the orange juice, flour and soft butter.
Using a ladle, place the mixture on baking paper and spread to make individual crisps.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the crisps and bake in an oven at a temperature of 200°C for 5 minutes - 20.8825
Blend together butter, garlic salt, and sesame seed.
Pass as topper for hot broiled steak.
To prevent steaks from curling during cooking, slit fat and membrane at 1-inch intervals.
Do not cut into the lean meat. - 17.7549
Sesame Seed Recipes By Category