- » Seasoned Mashed Lentil
Seasoned Mashed Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of seasoned mashed lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for seasoned mashed lentil recipes.
Veggie Shepherd's Pie With Sweet Potato Mash
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion until golden. Add the carrots and all but a sprinkling of thyme. Pour in the wine, 150ml water and the tomatoes, then sprinkle in the stock cubes and simmer for 10 mins. Tip in the can of lentils, including... - 36.0444
Haandi Lentils With Lemon Juice And Fresh Tomatoes
1. Wash the lentils thoroughly and place in a haandi with 600 ml (1 pint) of the water, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, whole green chilli and curry leaves.
2. Partly cover the haandi with a lid and place a wooden spoon in the pan to prevent the... - 42.1039
Potato And Lentil Pie
1) Soak the lentils overnight.
2) Rinse them.
3) Peel potatoes, and boil or steam.
4) Butter a pie dish.
5) Simmer the lentils with the onion in the water until tender.
6) Drain the mixture.
7) Mix well with the cheese, parsley, meat... - 45.4272
Warm Lentil Salad
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine lentils, ham, onion, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, and pepper.
Pour in water.
Cover and cook at low setting until lentils are tender when mashed with a fork (6 to 7 hours).
Drain lentil mixture, if necessary;... - 41.1737
Bucatini With Red Lentil Sauce
Put the oil in a dish and cook for 30 seconds. Add the onion and garlic, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and seasoning. Set aside.
Put the lentils in a pot and pour over the boiling water. Cover and cook for 12 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce... - 32.8355
Lentil Curry Or Dal
1) Heat oil over low heat and sauté onion and lentils for 5 minutes in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil after stirring in curry powder, water, yeast extract, coconut cream and tomato puree, sauce or lemon juice.
3) Boil the mixture over low heat... - 47.6741
Green Lentil Soup
1. Put the lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Hear 30 ml / 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry two of the onions with the garlic:, cumin and turmeric lor 3 minutes, stirring. Add the... - 38.6603
Leek And Lentil Supper Dish
1. Cook the lentils in 900 ml/1 1/2 pints of water, bring to the boil stirring and cook fairly quickly for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
2. Peel potatoes, slice and cook in salted water until tender. Drain well and mash with 25 g/1 oz of the... - 41.3606
Baked Lentil Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cook the lentils which had been soaked till they are soft. Strain off the excess water, if any.
3) Boil the potatoes. Once they are cooked, mash them with butter, seasoning and some... - 44.5758
Vegetable And Lentil Cottage Pie
1. Wash the lentils. Cover with plenty of cold water in a large saucepan. Add the bay leaves, bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the lentils are soft. Drain well and reserve the stock. Remove the bay leaves and set... - 31.6218
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 47.3072
1. Chop onions finely
2. Mix the batter ingredeints with water to make a stiff batter and beat well
3. Allow to stand atleast 1/2 hour before using
4. Beat again and used for coating
5. Simmer lentils in 1/2 pint of water (285ml) or... - 42.8024
Lentil Shepherds Pie
If you thought you could never enjoy Shepherds Pie without meat, try this one. - 0
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Rinse the lentils.
In a medium saucepan, bring the lentils, water, bay leaves, thyme, and garlic to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
While the lentils simmer, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with... - 46.9691
In a large, heavy kettle combine all ingredients except salt and tortillas.
Cover and quickly bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, approximately 1 hour.
Remove clove and bay leaf and mash lentil mixture thoroughly by hand... - 42.9642
Lentil Soup With Beef And Barley
1. In a heavy pot brown beef, drain off fat, then add lentils, barley, water or stock and beef broth, bring to boil and reducing the heat simmer, covered, till lentils and barley are nearly tender for about 30 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients,... - 38.4626
Healthy Lentil And Veggie Burger
Do you love junk food but are scared of extra calories? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch this video to learn a simple recipe of Healthy Lentil and Veggie Burger. We bet your family will drool over this one. - 103.092
Sherried Lentil Soup
1. Set aside 1 tablespoon of chopped onion for tempering the soup.
2. In a large heavy bottomed preferably cast-iron skillet or soup pot, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add the onions and carrots and sauté until the onions are... - 47.67
Lentil And Brown Rice Soup
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, combine onion soup mix, water, lentils, rice, tomatoes, reserved liquid, carrot, celery, basil, oregano and thyme.
2. Place pot over medium flame.
3. Boil the mixture for a few minutes.
4. Reduce the... - 47.6293
Lentil And Mushroom Veggie Burger
The delicious mix of lentils, mushrooms and whole grains give this burger a great taste and texture. The baking helps keep the calories down! - 122.789
Smoked Sausage And Lentils
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine lentils, onion, celery, cloves, baking soda, and tomatoes; pour in broth.
Cover and cook at low setting until lentils are very tender when mashed with a fork (7 1/2 to 8 hours).
Stir in sausage slices and... - 35.9602
Lentil Patties With Walnut Sauce
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add lentils, bread crumbs, garlic and egg white to it.
2) Combine the ingredients well and mash the lentils.
3) Fashion into 4 patties of uniform size
4) Take a non-stick skillet of 9 inches and add... - 47.3158
Plain Tadka Dal (tempered Lentil Curry)
Dal Curry is a staple in Indian Cuisine. It has been made in hundreds of ways. Here is one simple way to make it. The tempering elevates a simple dal curry and not only makes it look inviting, but also tasty. - 0
Lentils With Vegetables And Tamarind
1. Mix together the toor and masoor dhal and wash them twice, running your fingers through them.
2. Drain them and put in a heavy-based saucepan. Add to this the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, salt to taste, onion and curry leaves,... - 35.562
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
Pasta With Lentils And Chard
Rinse chard well.
Trim off coarse stem ends; then cut stems crosswise into 1/4 -inch-wide strips and set aside.
Cover chard leaves and refrigerate.
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine chard stems, lentils, onion, garlic, cumin seeds, red... - 46.4325
Moong Dal Wadi - Indian Food
1. In a pan melt ghee and fry moong wadi until golden brown. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
2. In the remaining oil, add cumin and let splutter and then briefly saute garlic and garlic.
3. Stir in tomato and fry until soft.
4. Add red chili... - 0
Moong Dal Recipe is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Moong Dal by following this easy recipe - 0
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Simmer white and sweet potatoes in a pot filled with water for 45 minutes or until they can be pierced easily using a fork.
3. Strain and keep aside 2 cups water.
4. Add 1 cup water to the pot back and... - 46.1439
Clean, wash and cook the red lentil with lots of water till soft.
Prepare a thick dough by kneading well all the dhokli ingredients together, using adequate water.
Roll out big size rotis, slightly thicker than normal and cut into one inch... - 45.1936
Vegan Shepherd's Pie - Part 1: Getting Started
Have you always wanted to try a Vegan Shepherd's Pie? Now you certainly can after you watch this video. In this part of the video, chef demonstrates how to get started with this Classic Vegan Shephard's Pie. - 100.189
Chana Ni Dar
Put dal in a pan with onions, chillies, ginger, garlic, turmeric and enough water to cover by one inch.
Place pan on heat and bring to boil.
Skim and reduce heat.
Allow to simmer till tender.
The grains should not get mashed, they should remain whole and... - 46.1499
Sabut Udad Dal
Whole black gram cooked with all the aromatic flavors of ginger, garlic and garam masala. I often serve this with rice but this dish tastes equally great with paratha also. - 0
Foodies delight Dal Makhani is a famous dish of punjab in india. This dish is made from the whole black grams & kidney beans. - 0
Urad Dal Wadi - Indian Food
1. In a pan melt ghee and fry moong wadi until golden brown. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
2. In the remaining oil, add cumin, let splutter and then saute onion until translucent.
3. Stir in tomato and fry until water evaporates.
4. Add ginger,... - 0
Healthy "tindali Dal" - Indian Food
1. In pressure cooker boil water and add moong dal, chana dal, and black gram dal in it.
2. Add garlic, green chili, ginger, turmeric, and red chili powder. Cook for 2-4 whistle or until done. Mash and set aside.
3. In a pan heat oil and... - 0
Low Calorie Dal Makhani By Tarla Dalal
Dal makhani, a flavorful robust lentil preparation, is a celebrated delicacy from punjab. Rajma and whole urad provide protein and calcium which are extremely important for maintenance of your body cells and healthy bones. Cooking the dal in tomato puree adds... - 0
Those of you who mostly eat Indian cuisine will find the recipe of dal very useful. In most of the house holds of India dal is prepared daily. The chef prepares the dal in gujarati style. This dish can be served with hot rice or roti. You can impress your... - 103.187
Bottlegourd Dal - Sorakaya Pappu
This is a simple dal and very comforting side dish that is perfect for everyday cooking. The natural taste of the bottle gourd adds nice flavor to the dal and make it really tasty without any spices other than the basic spices. - 0
Dal Makhani is a very popular North Indian dish usually eaten with naan. This is a very delicious and nutritious dish made of pulses and lentils. - 0
Toor Dal Palak Curry
Pressure cook DAL with 1 cup of water,1teasppon Oil,1teaspoon haldi,cool and mash well, and keep aside
Heat oil in a broad vessel.Add green chillies,tomato,chopped palak and fry well.
Add chilli pd cumin pd and 1,4 cup of water,cook the palak well.
Add mashed... - 42.1168
Moong Dal Khilma
A very easy Moong ka Khilma recipe that is just perfect for a delicious meal. Add to the taste of your meal with this lentil cooked with spices recipe. Enjoy the traditional Indian taste and flavor with the quick Moong ka Khilma recipe. - 30.3831
Simmer lentils with water in a covered saucepan until tender, about 11/2hours. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Heat ghee or butter in the same saucepan and gently fry onion and garlic until golden. Add spices and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour... - 30.2603
Chana Ki Dal With Tamatar And Hari Mirch Tadka
This is a common Indian dal dish made in tomato based gravy, enjoyed with both rice and roti. Chana dal is produced from black chickpeas after getting rid of their outer layer and splitting the kernels. - 0
Cheese And Vegetable Roll
Wash and pick over the lentils and cook until just tender.
Boil and mash the turnip and mix with lentils, cheese, crumbs and seasoning.
Use chopped fresh herbs if liked Place in greased baking dish, dot with butter and bake in moderate oven for about 20... - 22.1258
1. Wash the dhaals thoroughly and soak overnight with the porridge oats. Drain. Place the dhaals and porridge oats in a large saucepan, add the water and boil for about 10-15 minutes until soft enough to mash. When cooked, mash to a coarse paste with a potato... - 40.2218
Golden Veggie Shepherd S Pie
1. In a pan, heat the butter over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and gently fry for 15 minutes until soft and golden.
3. Increase the heat and add the mushrooms.
4. Cook the mixture for 4 minutes more.
5. Now stir in the... - 47.9712
Add the cooked beans to the lentils and the mashed potatoes.
Fry the onion in half the butter and add to the bean mixture with the sage, chopped basil, chopped parsley and seasonings to taste.
Shape into balls 2 inches in diameter and place on a greased... - 35.1221
This is a brilliant Shepherd'S Pie recipe!. This healthy and filling dish is a family favorite. Try the Shepherd'S Pie and you will understand why! - 47.431
Spicy Vegetable Loaf
1.Heat oil in a large trypan and cook garlic, onion, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and turmeric for 4-5 minutes or until onion softens.
2.Add lentils, carrot, potato, tomatoes and stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils... - 44.354
It's Different! Ven Pongal
Clean, wash ana soak the broken wheat for 20 minutes.
Clean, wash ana drain the lentils.
Heat the ghee in a pan ana place the cumin seeds in it.
When the cumin begins to move add the rest of the seasoning ingredients and saute for 10 seconds reduce the flame... - 41.7982
Prepare the semolina by dry roasting the millet and grinding in a dry grinder or coffee mill.
The semolina must be of coarse texture, not fine.
But perhaps you are lucky enough to get your friendly neighbourhood flour mill to do this for you.
Clean, wash and... - 40.6673
Butternut Squash And Rosemary Soup
Halve the squash and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibrous flesh.
Peel and cut the squash into small chunks and place in a roasting tin.
Sprinkle over the rosemary and season well.
Roast in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 45... - 41.1838
Have you not tried my Vegetarian Pie recipe yet? How is that possible? The goodness of Vegetable makes this dish a great treat. I will look forward to your feedback. - 49.0219
Lamb Cutlets Malmaison Style
Trim the cutlets to a neat uniform shape.
Season with salt and pepper and coat with egg and breadcrumbs.
Rub the cooked vegetables through a fine sieve, season to taste, and bind with a little egg yolk.
Press into small dariole moulds and keep hot until... - 43.6535
Low Carb Shepherdless Pie
Today I'm making Shepherdless Pie. This vegetarian (and even vegan, if you omit or substitute the milk and butter) dish is super low in carbs thanks to the mashed cauliflower topping in place of traditional potato. It's about 220 calories a serving which... - 115.12
Tangy Mango Dal
Tired of eating the same style dal everyday? Then its time to try this easy yet tangy and delicious dal cooked with the goodness of raw mango. A great way to use raw mangoes during the summer season! A wonderful sour dal (lentil stew) that compliments ghee... - 123.868
Wash dal well.
Place in a pan with all ingredients, except seasoning.
Bring to boil, skim scum, lower heat and simmer till completely soft.
Pass dal through a coarse sieve, liquidise, or leave as it is, depending on taste.
It tastes best if passed through a... - 45.2811
This kootu can be had with plain rice and also with chapatti. This same type can be prepared with any keerai variety. - 40.1828
Grill Roasted Eggplant
Add grilled eggplant to your summertime menu. Watch this video to learn a simple way to roast eggplant on a grill, flavored with garlic and olive oil. When properly cooked it is a great addition to many dishes and naturally high in fiber and low in calories,... - 99.2962
Shallot Sambar - South Indian
There are so many varieties of making Sambar and here is one of them. The sweet shallots cooked with tangy, spicy lentil soup is a perfect side dish for any meal to make it complete and flavorful. Shallot Sambar recipe that I shared here is our family's... - 0
An easy sambhar recipe that is sure to make cooking this popular South Indian dish very simple. Sambhar is a combination of lentils and vegetables cooked with the traditional Indian condiments and spices. The sambhar is the perfect accompaniment for your... - 101.279
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997