- » Seafood Gumbo
Seafood Gumbo Recipes
Enjoy our collection of seafood gumbo recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for seafood gumbo recipes.
Surfin Sapo's Seafood Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux, in a large, heavy bottomed skillet heat 1 cup of vegetable oil on medium low heat. Add the flour to it. Using a wooden spoon to stir, cook the flour in the oil for 45 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until the mixture... - 98.566
Tasty Seafood Gumbo
If you are looking for some simple Cajun creations, you can't get a better deal than this. Beryl Stokes presents one of her standout specialties, the seafood gumbo. This spicy Cajun creation comes packed with meat and plenty of veggies, seafood gumbo makes... - 94.7868
1) In a pan, heat oil.
2) Saute okra in hot oil for 10 minutes.
3) Add shrimp, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Cook on high heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add water, tomatoes and bay leaf.
6) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Now, remove... - 48.416
1. In a saucepan blend together flour and oil; cook over medium heat, stir constantly for about 15 minutes or till flour is a dark reddish-brown color.
2. Stir in onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic; cook for about 8 minutes or till vegetables are... - 47.8467
Shrimp gumbo is a seafood gumbo prepared with shrimps along with added sausages. Cooked with green onions and parsley to flavor, the shrimp gumbo is very appetizing. With worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce for a great taste, this shrimp gumbo makes a... - 47.5827
Easy Seafood Gumbo with Okra
The seafood gumbo is a mixed gumbo made with a medley of seafood and vegetables. Filled with added rice, this seafood gumbo is really filling and heavy. Flavored with bay leaf, onions and garlic, the seafood gumbo can be served with a fresh salad for a great... - 47.5027
Seafood Gumbo With Brown Rice
1.Add kettle on stove, and add olive oil. Heat enough to warm it.
2.Now add the garlic,onions and green peppers. Saute till onions are translucent
3.Pour clam juice, sprinkle herbs and add water to the pot.Let it boil. Then cover and simmer for 30... - 47.0313
1) In large pot; saute bacon until crisp.
2) Using a slotted spoon remove bacon and set aside.
3) In the same pot and same fat, stir the flour and cook, stirring until light brown.
4) Mix in the okra, onion, and garlic.
5) Allow to cook until light... - 46.7811
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Thaw frozen seafood.
In 3-quart casserole, combine butter, onions, celery, garlic, okra and seasonings.
MICROWAVE 2 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until celery is tender, stir once or twice.
Add shrimp, crab meat and tomatoes.
MICROWAVE 8 to 12... - 46.7765
Okra Seafood Gumbo
1) Take a 3-quart Dutch oven and heat oil in it.
2) Add flour to this, stirring constantly.
3) Stir constantly again and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture attains the color of a copper penny.
4) Take a small skillet and melt... - 46.7493
New Chicken And Shrimp Gumbo
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and sprinkle the shrimp with another tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to... - 46.6631
Zesty Seafood Gumbo
In a large saucepan cook onion and green pepper in hot oil till tender.
Stir in flour.
Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or till flour is golden brown.
Stir in tomatoes, okra, tomato paste, water, celery salt, sugar, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce,... - 46.5581
Place margarine in a large pot or kettle over high heat.
Add 1 cup chopped onions and the tasso; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, about 3 1/2 minutes.
Add 1 cup celery and 3/4 cup bell... - 46.3295
Champion Seafood Gumbo
Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain well, reserving 3 cups liquid, discard bay leaves and hot pepper.
Rinse shrimp with cold water.
Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
Combine... - 46.2903
Bayou Seafood Gumbo
Place chicken parts in Dutch oven; cover with water.
Bring to a boil; cook until tender.
Cool; remove meat from bones, reserving stock.
Bring 1 cup cooking oil to a boil; add flour gradually, stirring constantly.
Cook until brown.
Place 1 tablespoon cooking... - 45.8845
Seafood Gumbo is a delicious easy to prepare appetizer. Enjoy this deadly combination of seafoods and herbs in your next coming weekend party! - 45.8711
1. In a large pot or kettle place margarine over high heat.
2. Put in 1 cup chopped onions and the tasso, cook over high heat, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, about 3 1/2 minutes.
3. Put in 1 cup... - 45.7979
1.Start by cleaning the onions, make sure to reserve the green tops
2.Also chop the onions
3.In a pan, sauté onions with okra in bacon fat
4.Now add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
5.Also add stock, peppers, green onion tops cut into... - 45.725
Seafood And Okra Gumbo
Using a No.
9 black iron Dutch oven, make a roux of bacon drippings and flour, stirring constantly.
Add a little paprika and dry parsley flakes.
This helps to make the roux dark without burning.
Add garlic, celery and onion, still stirring constantly until it... - 45.725
Quick Seafood Gumbo
1) Use non-stick vegetable spray in a skillet.
2) Add the onions, pepper and celery and saute till clear.
3) Add defatted beef broth, water, tomatoes and okra and simmer till done.
4) Add crab meat and shrimp and season with red pepper and salt.
5)... - 45.6303
Seafood Tomato Gumbo
Saute red onions, bell peppers and celery in shortening.
Saute separately okra until it is dry and not slimy.
Add Italian tomatoes, tomato sauce and all vegetables to okra.
Then add 3 or 4-quarts water.
Make a roux of shortening and flour.
Add a little water... - 45.3284
Seafood Gumbo A La Bundy
1. Pick out and discard any cartilage in crabmeat
2. Shell and devein shrimp
3. Drain oysters and reserve their liquor
4. In a large soup kettle, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil
5. In a separate pan, heat oil or melt butter then add... - 45.3014
Hearty Shrimp Gumbo
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, heat oil on a medium flame.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the flour has nicely browned.
3. Add celery, pepper and garlic and sauté for 6 minutes until soft.
4.... - 45.2071
Pour oil into a heavy bottomed 8-quart pan and place over low to medium heat.
When oil is warm, slowly add flour and stir until smooth.
Stirring constantly, cook roux 30 to 45 minutes, until medium brown in color.
Watch the heat carefully so as not to scorch... - 45.0281
Bell Peppers And Onion Seafood Gumbo
1) In a non-stick shallow pan, heat oil and stir in the flour using a wooden spoon.
2) Stir continuously until the flour is light browned in colour.
3) Mix in onion, garlic, peppers and parsley and simmer 30 minutes, stirring... - 44.9088
Thaw shrimp and crabmeat, if frozen.
Spread flour in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 325° oven about 45 minutes or till flour is a deep golden brown, stirring once.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together the 2 cups water, onion, green or red sweet... - 44.7631
Spicy seafood Gumbo
Thaw shelled shrimp and crab meat, if frozen.
In a 4 quart Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan stir together flour and cooking oil till smooth.
Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium.
Cook and stir constantly about 10... - 44.7264
Brown chicken in butter; add stock, paprika, garlic, celery leaves and turmeric.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer gently 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Cool and remove chicken from bones, cut up and reserve.
Brown ham, celery,... - 44.5058
Wash shrimp shells well; cook in large pot of water.
Boil for an hour or so adding water as needed to make a good shrimp broth.
Use this in place of water.
Saute vegetables in 2-4 tablespoons butter, or shrimp broth until tender; add tomatoes and... - 44.3474
Easy seafood Gumbo
In large pot, melt cooking oil.
Add flour; stir constantly until golden brown, being careful not to burn.
Add onions and celery; cook and stir until wilted.
Add water and garlic.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 1 hour.
Season with salt, black and red... - 43.9204
Fry salt pork in skillet until crisp.
Remove from skil- let; chop and set aside.
Saute okra in pan drippings.
Add onion; saute until tender, stirring constantly.
Push vegetables to side of skillet; add flour, cooking until browned.
Drain oysters, reserving... - 43.8935
Seafood Gumbo With Yellow Onions
In a heavy 4 quart Dutch oven, melt the margarine over moderate heat; add the onions and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Mix in the garlic, green pepper, and celery, and cook, stirring often, for another 5 minutes.
Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1... - 43.8893
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Shell shrimp and saute in 2 tablespoons of the butter for several minutes or until they turn a bright coral color.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a soup kettle, add okra, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender.
Stir in onion and cook... - 43.7155
Make a roux with oil and flour.
Add onions, celery, bell pepper and cook until wilted.
Add water, garlic and seasonings.
Cook in heavy uncovered pot over medium heat for 2 hours.
Add shrimp, parsley, green onion tops and fish, deboned and cut into small... - 43.5175
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter, remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth.
2. Return to heat, add shrimp and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups water, the crab or shrimp boil, salt and pepper,... - 43.357
Garlic Seafood Gumbo
Make a roux of flour and bacon drippings in a heavy iron pot.
Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until a rich brown color.
Add 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh ground file right before you remove roux from heat, stirring constantly until roux and file are... - 43.3434
Seafood Gumbo With Tomato Sauce
Melt margarine in a stockpot.
Add flour and blend to make a smooth paste.
Add water, tomato sauce, okra and salt.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients 15 minutes prior to serving.
Simmer for 1 5 minutes.
May be served over cooked rice.
Makes... - 43.1171
Seafood Gumbo With Bacon And Okra
Cut bacon into 1" pieces.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. (Cover and chill bacon until gumbo is done.)
Whisk flour into drippings, and cook over medium heat,... - 42.8024
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large Dutch oven; stir flour into butter.
Add enough water to make a gravy.
Saute okra in remaining butter in small skillet.
Add okra, tomatoes, celery, green pepper, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, pepper and shrimp to... - 42.7754
In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute okra in oil for 10 minutes.
Add onions, garlic and pepper.
Cook about 5 minutes.
Add water, tomatoes and bay leaves.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions; do not use... - 42.3144
Best seafood Gumbo
Thaw crab and shrimp, if frozen.
Remove crabmeat from shells, and then cut crabmeat into bite-size pieces.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Cover and refrigerate the shellfish and fish till needed.
For gumbo, in a 5-quart heavy Dutch oven melt... - 42.2938
In a large stock pot with four or five quarts of water, combine all stock ingredients.
Boil for thirty-five to forty minutes.
Strain through colander.
Rescue catfish and return to liquid.
Discard the remaining solids in colander.
In a heavy... - 42.155
Chicken Shrimp Gumbo
Cook fowl with 5 cups water, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper for 3 hours, or until tender.
Cool and remove meat from bones.
Cut into pieces.
Strain broth and reserve.
Add enough water to make 6 cups.
Cool and skim off fat.
Cook salt pork... - 42.1354
Mama's Seafood Gumbo
Saute white onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil.
Add okra and smother until okra becomes tender.
Cook for about 15 minutes.
Make a dark roux using 6 tablespoons flour and 6 tablespoons oil.
Add 2-quarts water to roux.
Add... - 42.0994
Delicious Seafood Gumbo
First you make the roux.
Add the onions and bell pepper, stirring constantly until the onions become clear.
Add green onions, parsley, garlic, cold water, Lea & Perrins, salt, Louisiana hot sauce, and wine.
Cook the mixture for 45 minutes, then drop in the... - 41.3407
Shrimp Gumbo With Tomato
Thaw frozen shrimp.
In heavy skillet cook celery, onion, and garlic in hot oil till tender. (Electric skillet 300°.)
Add tomatoes, okra, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and hot pepper sauce.
Reduce heat (220°).
Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
Add shrimp; cook 10 to 15... - 41.3214
Seafood Gumbo With Rice
Melt butter in large, heavy kettle.
Add bacon, green onion, and garlic.
Saute until onion is limp and clear.
Sprinkle in flour and stir until blended.
Add okra, tomatoes, ham, thyme, bay leaves, and parsley; pour in boiling water.
Stirring often, simmer for... - 41.2178
1. Take a 3-quart microwave-oven-safe casserole and add butter, celery and onion into it. Microwave it for about 3-4 minutes at high until the mixture turns soft.
2. Add flour into the onion mixture and stir well. Add chicken broth in gradual steps... - 40.6268
Southern Seafood Gumbo
Combine 1/2 cup oil and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is caramel colored (15 to 20 minutes).
Stir in celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook an additional 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fry okra... - 40.4931
1 In a heavy kettle, make a roux (the flavor base for many Creole dishes) by melting butter or margarine; stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat, until flour turns a rich brown, about 15 minutes.
2 Stir in onion and garlic. Cook,... - 40.2473
Low Calorie Seafood Okra Gumbo
Combine oysters and cold water.
Stir and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Strain and refrigerate oysters and oyster water until ready to use.
Melt 2 teaspoons of the margarine in heavy 5-quart saucepan over high heat.
Add about 1 1/2 cups of the onions just as... - 39.433
In a large dutch oven, heat the oil, add the onion, bell peppers, celery and sausage.
Cook until sausage is cooked through.
Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, water, rice, seasonings and okra, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the... - 39.3822
1. Wash shrimp.
2. Combine 2 onions, vinegar and water; heat to boiling, add shrimp and boil 15 to 20 minutes or until pink.
3. Remove shrimp, shell and clean. Save the stock.
4. Chop remaining onion and brown in butter; blend in flour and add okra.
5. Add... - 39.2491
Shrimp And Chicken Gumbo
This Shrimp gumbo is the best seafood and okra dish that I've ever tasted ! Try this creamy savory spiced and herbed accompniment with a bowl of hot rice. Tell me if you like this Shrimp Gumbo. - 38.6881
Seafood Gumbo with Okra
Melt butter in a large, heavy kettle.
Add bacon, green onion, and garlic, and saute until onion is limp and clear.
Sprinkle in flour and stir until blended.
Add okra, tomatoes, ham, thyme, and bay leaves; pour in boiling water.
Stirring often, simmer for 45... - 38.1129
Tomato Seafood Gumbo
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven.
Add flour, and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions and celery; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add next 6 ingredients and cook 10... - 37.6246
In a large sauce pan over medium high heat cook celery, onions, and garlic in oil until celery is tender, stirring often.
Stir in soup mix, tomatoes, water, bay leaf, sugar, thyme, pepper and pepper sauce.
Heat to boiling stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to... - 36.779
Easy Tomato And Shrimp Gumbo
In 3-qt casserole place onion and butter.
Microwave at High (10) 3 Minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until onion is limp.
In small bowl stir together cornstarch and water.
Add to onion along with tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper, shrimp... - 35.0281
Zuider Zee's Shrimp Gumbo
In large saucepan cook celery, green pepper, green onion, and parsley in butter till tender.
Blend in soup, okra and liquid, tomatoes, rice, shrimp, water, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Heat to boiling; remove from heat and stir in file (never cook... - 34.8919
1. Make a roux (the flavor base for so many Creole dishes) by melting butter or margarine in a heavy kettle; stir in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat, until the flour turns a rich brown, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook,... - 33.968
Shrimp Gumbo (french)
PREPARATION combine tomatoes, bouillon, okra, and seasonings in deep saucepan.
Simmer for 15 minutes; add shrimp.
Reheat - 33.7962
Ruth's Shrimp Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux: In a 6-inch skillet, stir the flour constantly over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from the heat.
2. To prepare the gumbo: In a 6-quart Dutch oven, cook the bacon over moderately high heat for 3 minutes or until... - 33.594
1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the okra, onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened, 5 minutes.Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
2. To make the roux, add the oil to the... - 33.1656
Chicken And Shrimp Gumbo
1. Spray a nonstick Dutch oven with nonstick spray. Add the sausage and onion; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the sausage, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.... - 28.8941
Seafood Gumbo Recipes By Category