- » Scottish
Scottish food is referred to the combination of dishes prepared with the traditions and cooking methods followed by the people of Scotland or Scots. Scots cooking is traditional as well as contemporary owing to the ... More »
Learn one of the most popular Scottish treats, the Scottish Shortbread from this video recipe. This recipe shows us a little variation and makes it even more delightful. Try it out, your family will love these aromatic cookies. - 124.458
Fresh Raspberry Scones
Looking for a recipe to make yummy scones within minutes? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to make the perfect baked scones that are sure to melt in your mouth! - 118.935
Want to know of a simple recipe that will yield amazingly tasty blackberry scones? These scones are sure to disappear as soon as they are served! Watch this video to know more. Watch and learn to make tasty scones that everyone is bound to love! - 118.122
Blueberry Orange Scones
Scones are always a yummy treat, warm and fresh from the oven. This recipe adds orange zest to give a bit of tang and is bejeweled with blueberries and nuts. The texture is lovely and the fruit adds a nice twist to an ordinary scone. Enjoy a scone, warm... - 115.034
Think scones are too difficult to be baked at home? Well, then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect scone at home, without any hassles. Watch to know more! - 113.873
Spiced Cherry Scones
Tired of all the lovely sweet scones? Then you must try the recipe detailed in this video. Learn to make a scone that is just the right blend of sweet and spicy. The perfect tea time snack! - 113.1
Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones
Want to know of a yummy recipe that will yield tender scones that will disappear as soon as they are served? Then watch this video and get ready to surprise your guests! - 112.718
Scones And Cream
Want to learn how to make yummy classic scones with a traditional clotted cream topping on side? Then watch this video and get ready to amaze all your guests! This recipe is easy and promises to yield amazingly tasty treats. - 110.335
Seared Scottish Salmon With Parsnip Puree
Yummy time is here! In this video, Chef Jeffery Power, from Dettera in Ambler PA, makes Scottish salmon with parsnip puree, cipolini onions, celery root and apple cider emulsion. The seared salmon looks so appetizing and it makes one salivate. You've gotta... - 97.4704
Making Scones And Fruit Scones
Looking for some simple yet delightful tea time snack? Watch this video on how to bake lovely, puffed up scones without any hassle at all. - 89.4202
Do you wanna learn how to make Raspberry Cranachan recipe? Watch out the video and learn how to prepare the easy to make dessert in no time. - 83.3345
Scottish Fried Rice
1. To prepare the fish, remove and discard head, skin, and bones.
2. Shred the flesh into large pieces and keep aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-low heat.
4. Stir in onion and garlic and cook for... - 49.8512
Scottish Hot Pot
1) Take a 3-quart glass or ceramic casserole. Add meat, bouillon, salt, pepper, and onions.
2) Cook the contents on a low flame in the microwave for 30 minutes.
3) Remove from the microwave.
4) Chop the meat into required pieces.
5) Now heat 2... - 49.1917
Lamb Stock Scotch Broth
1) Prepare the lamb Stock one day before.
2) In a 5-quart Dutch oven add lamb bones, 6 cups water, the quartered onion, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf.
3) Boil the mixture, decrease heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
4) Strain the broth and add... - 48.4432
Pine Nut And Cardamom Scones
1. Preheat the oven at 400F.
2. In a bowl, prepare the egg wash by beating the egg with the milk.
3. In a bowl, add milk, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture is all combined.
4. In another bowl stir the dry... - 47.4451
Scottish Meat Pie
Make the crust first.
Cut 2/3 of the shortening into the combined flour and salt and blend until well mixed.
Cut the balance of the fat into the flour coarsely.
Sprinkle the water, 1 teaspoon at a time, over the flour mixture and mix into... - 46.9444
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 46.6957
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 46.0939
Healthy Scotch Broth
1) In the cooker, place together meat, barley, carrots, onion, leeks, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Heat the open cooker and bring to boil and skim.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat... - 45.5806
1. In a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron or a stockpot, combine all the ingredients except the seasonings and parsley.
2. Place on a medium high flame and heat to boiling point.
3. Frequently remove the scum them surfaces when boiling.
4.... - 45.5805
Scottish Black Bun
1) Preheat the oven to 225°F.
2) Combine the raisins, currants, almonds with the flour.
3) Add sugar, allspice, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper and baking powder with the cream of tartar.
4) add just enough milk to moisten the... - 44.9692
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces lengthwise.
In a Dutch oven, brown the chicken pieces, a few at a time, in the oil.
Remove the chicken.
Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and wash them well; chop them.
Saute the leeks in the... - 44.8875
Beef Scotch Broth
Blanch the barley by pouring on boiling water, leaving it a minute or two then straining it.
Cut the meat into neat pieces.
Put into the pressure cooker with the water and barley.
Put on the lid and bring steadily to pressure.
Lower heat and cook for 20... - 44.7684
Scottish Banana Cookies
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after.each addition.
Add almond flavoring.
Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add alternately with mashed bananas.
Drop by... - 44.2471
1) Clean meat and trim fat.
2) Take off meat and chop finely.
3) In a large saucepan, place meat and bone with water and salt.
4) In a small saucepan put pearl barley, cover with water and boil.
5) Strain and transfer into soup pot.
7)... - 44.2265
The scotch broth is a meat broth made with frehs herbs and vegetables. Made with lamb, the scotch broth is made with added pearl barley and is quite filling as a side on its own. used for a base for soups or stews also, the scotch broth is flavorful and... - 44.0607
Scottish Drop Scones
1. In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
2. Make a well in the middle and pour the egg into it.
3. Mix the egg gradually into the flour with a wooden spoon, working gently from the middle so that the egg picks up the flour.
4.... - 43.8083
Cream the yeast with 2 tablespoons (3 T) of milk.
Sift the flour and salt into a warmed bowl.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast liquid, remaining milk and the beaten egg.
With one hand, gradually work the flour into the liquid to form a fairly... - 43.3761
Cut the meat into 2.5-cm (1-in) pieces and put it in the pressure cooker with the water, bring to the boil uncovered and remove any scum.
Then add the prepared vegetables, barley and seasoning.
Stir well to ensure that the barley is not sticking to the... - 43.1453
1) Take a 3-quart saucepan and add lamb, water, salt, bay leaf, cloves, parsley, and 1/4 CUP of the chopped onion together.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil and then reduce heat.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for about 2 hours until the meat is tender.... - 42.5404
Beef Scotch Broth
Chop the lamb if necessary and discard any fat.
Put in a large pan with the stock, bouquet garni, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil and remove any scum.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally.
Take out the meat and add the pearl... - 42.5251
Lamb Scotch Broth
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
Add lamb cubes and bones; saute until brown.
Place lamb cubes and bones in a 6-quart pot.
Bring to a boil.
Skim foam from surface until surface is clear.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove lamb... - 42.3695
1) Ask the seller to chop the meat into small pieces.
2) In a large pot, put the meat with 3 quarts of water. Bring the meat to a boil and discard any scum that surfaces.
3) Reduce the heat and add the barley. Gently simmer for about 20... - 42.1643
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor, add 2 cups oats and process until they resemble coarse flour.
3) In a bowl, mix the oats, baking powder and salt together.
4) Stir in the melted butter, break up lumps of dough... - 42.1323
In 3-quart casserole, combine lamb shanks, barley, parsley, salt, cloves, bay leaf, and water.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 12 to 14 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 45 to 50 minutes or till tender.
Remove shanks from soup.
Remove meat... - 41.7947
Get ready to try the healthy Scotch Broth recipe. An appetizer perfect for dinner or any other meal is prepared with meat stock and leftover lamb with bones. The added barley and diced mushroom makes Scotch Broth a thick soup. - 41.1585
1) Take a heavy kettle and brown breast of lamb in it, stirring often.
2) Discard fat and add in shank, water, 1 tablespoon salt, peppercorns, barley, and soup greens.
3) Allow this to come to a boil and cover and boil for about 2 hours.
4) Leave aside... - 41.1268
Scotch Broth With Pearl Barley
Put the mutton into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
Bring to the boil again and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook for the recommended time.
Lift out the bones, trim... - 40.9185
Vegetable Scotch Broth
The scotch broth is prepared with beans, peas and soup bones in water along with a medley of vegetables. Cooked with yellow barley, cabbage, onions, potatoes, celery and turnips, the scotch broth is seasoned to taste and served hot. - 40.8402
Scottish "clootie" Dumpling
Combine the water, sugar, mixed spice, cinnamon, margarine, sultanas and treacle in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Mix in the flour, baking soda and egg.
Line a medium microwave safe bowl with plastic wrap, enough to go... - 40.2525
Lamb Shanks Scotch Broth
In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine lamb shanks, barley, salt, parsley, cloves, bay leaf, and 5 cups water.
Bring to boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, covered, till meat is tender, about 1 hour.
Remove shanks from soup.
Remove meat from bones; discard bones.
Cut meat... - 40.2294
1. Wash barley.
2. Clean and cut meat.
3. Soak in cold stock for 15 minutes and cook for 1 hour.
4. Skim off fat from broth and add diced vegetables, barley and seasoning and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Remove meat and dice.
6. Return to pan; add more seasoning if... - 40.2102
Scottish Oat Treats
Add soda to boiling water; cool.
Combine flour with salt in large mixing bowl.
Add bran flakes, oats, sugar and sesame seed.
Cut in shortening until mixture is fine.
Add soda water; stir until a soft dough forms.
Roll out, half at a time, on ungreased cookie... - 40.0719
Scottish Oatmeal Muffins
Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for one hour.
Add egg and beat well.
Add sugar and mix.
Add cooled shortening.
Add white and wheat flour sifted with baking powder, soda and salt.
Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake until brown.
Bake at 400 degrees 15 to 20... - 39.8967
Cut meat from bones, removing any fat.
Put meat, bones and stock into a large stewpan.
Bring to the boil and skim thoroughly.
Wash and blanch the barley.
Add it to the mixture, seasoning at the same time.
Simmer for an hour.
Add all the vegetables, diced, and... - 39.8334
1. In a large kettle with cover heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion heat to boiling and then simmer 2 to 3 hours such that all meat falls off bones.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, let it cool, chill such that fat rises to top and... - 39.7695
Scottish Shortbread has a lovely taste. Scottish Shortbread gets its taste from flour mixed with butter. Scottish Shortbread is inspired by many bakeries around the world. - 39.6845
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 8-inch pie plates lightly with butter.
3) In a bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Stir in the flour and salt,... - 39.6752
Scottish Molded Salmon
1. Prepare the salmon by peeling off its skin and removing its bones.
2. Place the salmon pieces in oiled mold of your choice, and cover before refrigerating for couple of hours.
3. Soften the gelantine by sprinkling it over cold water... - 39.599
1. In a large kettle heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion to boil and simmer for 2 to 3 hours with cover such that all meat falls off bones and save remaining onion.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, cool and chill such that fat rises... - 39.2733
Scottish Hot Pot
In a 3 quart glass or ceramic casserole place meat, bouillon, salt, pepper, and onions.
Cook on simmer setting for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Cut meat into serving pieces.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a 1 quart glass bowl at highest setting for 20... - 39.207
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 3/4-inch cubes.
Heat lamb, water, barley, salt and pepper to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Add vegetables to lamb mixture.
Cover and simmer until lamb and vegetables are tender, about 30... - 39.0539
The Scotch Broth serves as a fabulous gravy for many of my meat dishes! Try out the Scotch Broth and let me know the dish you've used it for! - 38.8843
1. You must preheat the oven to 475°F before you bake the buns.
2. In a small saucepan, combine milk and water and heat on a low flame until lukewarm.
3. Stir in lard, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt, until dissolved.
4. Remove ¼ cup of... - 38.715
Scottish Yorkshire Pudding
Yorkshire Pudding, is not a dish in itself, but a very traditional accompaniment to Scottish Roast Beef. In fact, these puddings are flavored with the drippings of the roasting beef and while being baked then eaten as an accompaniment. - 38.3337
Put the meat into a large saucepan.
Pour over the water and bring it to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises.
Add the barley and simmer for 20 minutes.
Put in the vegetables and seasoning, cover the pan and simmer the broth for 1 hour.
Remove the meat... - 38.2906
Scottish Moulded Salmon
Remove skin and bones from the fish.
Measure the 2 to 3 cups (500 to 750 mL).
Oil a nicely shaped mold of your choice and pack in the salmon.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
Sprinkle gelatin over the cold liquid of your choice.
Microwave 1 minute at... - 38.169
Scottish Scones Or Bannocks
Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water to which 2 teaspoons honey have been added.
Add yeast mixture to oat flour along with milk or cream and 4 teaspoons honey.
Mix well, cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
Combine beaten eggs, salt and melted... - 37.9759
Place the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with the boiling water.
Add seasonings, then cover and let simmer until the meat is ready to fall from the bones.
Remove chicken pieces from pot.
Add the leeks sliced into 1-inch pieces, and the rice.
Cover and... - 37.9333
Scottish Shortbread Cookies
Beat butter until soft and creamy.
Add honey and continue beating.
Combine flour, salt, and soda.
Stir into the butter-honey mixture.
Chill the dough for several hours.
Preheat oven to 350° F.and grease a cookie sheet.
When ready... - 37.7474
Soak whole green peas and beans overnight in water.
Simmer soup bone in water to cover for about 2 hours; drain.
Add barley, beans and peas and cook another hour.
Add vegetables and cook 1/2 hour.
Season to taste. - 37.6801
Mutton Scotch Broth
Place lamb or mutton in deep kettle and cover with water.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to very low.
Skim off scum whenever necessary.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Add barley and vegetables except parsley.
Continue simmering, covered, for another... - 37.5942
Egg Free Scottish Shortbread
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Take a medium-sized bowl and combine margarine and sugar in it, creaming well.
3) Mix in dry ingredients.
4) Add in vanilla, vinegar, pecans, and coconut, beating well.
5) Onto an ungreased... - 37.3446
Peanut And Potato Scotch Egg
1) Chop the salted peanuts finely.
2) In a bowl, beat the mashed potato with half the raw egg with salt and pepper.
3) Coat each hard-boiled egg with the potato mixture.
4) Dip the caoted potatoes in the remainder of the raw egg and roll... - 37.2402
Cream butter or margarine.
Add brown sugar, and continue to cream thoroughly.
Add egg yolk and vanilla, and beat mixture by hand until light and fluffy.
Add gradually to creamed mixture, and combine completely.
Turn out dough onto lightly floured board.
Roll... - 36.6707
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a 1-cup measure, add the brown sugar and top with powdered sugar.
3) In a bowl, cream the sugars and butter together.
4) Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
5) Shape the mixture into 2 rolls about 6... - 36.5604
In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, and the 1/4 cup sugar.
Rub in butter with your fingers until mixture is very crumbly and no large particles remain.
With your hands, gather mixture into a ball; place in an ungreased 8 or 9-inch round baking... - 36.1114
1. Soak barley for several hours, preferably overnight, in cold water.
2. Remove as much fat as possible from the lamb or mutton and put into a soup pot with the water and the drained barley. Add salt and pepper, the bay leaf, herbs, a whole onion stuck with... - 35.9327
Scottish Baps And Morning Rolls
Prepare the yeast liquid: mix the compressed yeast with the warm liquid until dissolved or dissolve 1 tea-spoon sugar in the warm liquid and sprinkle in the dry yeast.
Leave in a warm place for 10 minutes or until dissolved and frothy.
Mix the flour and salt... - 35.8607
Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
Add water to cover; stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours (on high setting for 4 to 5 hours).
Remove meat; bone and trim off any remaining fat.
Skim off fat from liquid and return meat to... - 35.8174
Simple Homemade Scottish Shortbread
In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, and the 1/2 cup sugar.
Rub in butter with your fingers until mixture is very crumbly and no large particles remain.
With your hands, gather mixture into a ball; place in an ungreased 8 or 9-inch round baking... - 35.6514
Mix flour, oats, and baking soda.
In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients; then stir into dry ingredients until the combination is creamy smooth.
Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake in preheated oven at 300-.
325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
The oatcakes... - 35.5228
Scottish Fried Breakfast Trout
1) Season trout and marinate for a whole night in refrigerator.
2) On the following day, scrape off the marinade and debone the fish.
3) Dip fish first in milk and then coat with oatmeal.
4) Heat fat and brown fish in it for four or five... - 35.2194
Scottish Bannocks And Oatcakes
Mix the oatmeal with the salt and baking soda in a bowl.
Melt the shortening in the boiling water and add to the dry ingredients.
Mix to form a soft dough.
Sprinkle the work surface thickly with oatmeal.
Turn out the dough and knead well, with the hands... - 35.0573
Spoon the butter into the egg poachers.
Heat them in water, coating the insides with butter as described in the recipe for Eggs with Anchovies.
Dice the ham.
Clean, wash, and pat the mushrooms dry, and chop.
Mix the tomato paste with the double cream, salt... - 34.8784
Scottish Egg Sauce
Peel eggs and separate yolks from whites.
Chop whites fine and mash yolks with a fork.
In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and add flour, stirring for a minute or so.
Gradually add milk or cream and stir until smooth.
Add seasonings and cook... - 34.8415
Blanch the pearl barley by putting into cold water, bringing to the boil, then pouring the water away.
Put the barley, diced beef or mutton and water into a pan, bring to the boil, skim and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Add the prepared vegetables, except the... - 34.6615
Potato Scotch Eggs
1) Boil the potatoes and mash them. Season properly and add the chives or parlsey.
2) Onto a lightly floured working surface, turn out the mixture and divide it into 2 equal parts.
3) Next, hard boil 2 of the eggs and immediately put them in cold... - 34.6474
1 Preheat the oven.
2 In a bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon to soften it.
3 Beat in the sugar, sifted flour and semolina.
4 Work the ingredients together with the spoon.
5 Press them to the side of the bowl, and... - 34.543
Scotch Broth With Herbs
Scotch Broth is a delicious treat you'll love to gorge on. Prepare this lamb dish effortlessly in minutes, and let us know your remarks after thorougly enjoying the recipe. - 34.3038
Soak rolled oats in buttermilk or sour milk, covered, several hours or overnight.
Sift flour, salt, sugar and soda together into rolled oats mixture.
Beat oil, maple syrup, water and egg together lightly and add.
Beat well with a wooden spoon.
Fry on hot - 34.2629
Rice Flour Scotch Shortbread
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with rice flour and salt.
Using your hand or a wooden spoon, work butter and sugar together until light in color; blend in dry ingredients.
Keeping dough in bowl, knead vigorously until satin-smooth and no sugar grains... - 34.2514
Scottish Oatcakes With Citrus Marmalade
Mix oats with baking soda in a medium-size bowl.
Stir in melted butter and 1/4 cup water to make a stiff dough.
If necessary, add a bit more water.
Turn dough out onto a surface well dusted with flour.
Knead just until smooth.
Roll out as thin as possible,... - 33.8823
Scottish Molded Salmon
€¢ Remove skin and bones from the fish. Measure the 2 to 3 cups (500 to 750 mL). Oil a nicely shaped mold of your choice and pack in the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
€¢ Sprinkle gelatin over the cold liquid of your choice. Microwave 1... - 33.4223
Scottish Shortbread With Butter
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Beat the butter until it is light and creamy.
Add 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
Sift the flour with the salt and the baking powder and fold into the butter mixture.
Put the dough on an unbuttered... - 33.2064
Beat eggs, add sugar gradually and beat well with each addition.
Add salt, melted shortening, vanilla and then the rolled oats.
Drop from teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325Â°F. 20 minutes.
Remove while still warm. - 33.0154
Sift flour, sugar, and cornstarch into a bowl.
Cut in butter until mixture becomes a soft dough (requires working beyond the stage when particles are the size of rice kernels).
Shape dough into a ball; knead lightly with fingertips until mixture holds... - 32.599
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Sift together the icing sugar, cornstarch and flour.
3) To the margarine, add a touch of the salt.
4) Blend in the butter and use hands to work till the mixture is creamy.
5) Shape the... - 32.3701
Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
Beat in the egg, corn syrup and milk.
Cover with a dishtowel and leave for 1 hour.
Grease the surface of a griddle or frying pan and heat it.
Spoon on the batter in fairly large... - 32.3089
Aunt Tea S Scottish Shortbread
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
Blend in egg yolk.
In a separate bowl, combine rice and pastry flours.
Add flours to creamed mixture and stir until mixed.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Knead dough thoroughly.
Roll out half the... - 32.1806
Scottish Yorkshire Pudding
Traditionally Yorkshire Pudding is served with beef but if you like you can also serve it with chicken or mashed potatoes & any other vegetable or if you want you can serve your kids Yorkshire pudding with jam or golden syrup. - 31.7121
Carrots And Leeks Scotch Broth
1. ln a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, bring the water, lamb, leeks, carrots, yellow turnip, celery, split peas, barley, salt, and pepper to a boil over moderately high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb and split... - 31.669
Preheat oven to 425°.
Put all dry ingredients in bowl.
Add enough liquid to make a soft dough.
Turn out on floured board and knead slightly.
Pat into a circle 1/2-inch thick.
Transfer circle to baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes until risen and browned. - 31.5935
1) In a 12-ounce heat-proof glass, place the sugar cubes.
2) Stir in the hot coffee and Drambuie, until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Top with the whipped cream and serve immediately. - 31.2837
Wipe the meat and shin bone and put into large pot with three quarts cold water.
Bring to boil; add peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and barley; reduce heat and simmer without boiling for one hour.
After meat stock has simmered for an hour, add vegetables and... - 30.9679
Scottish Shortbread Pitcaithly
Cream the butter and icing sugar together and work in the remaining ingredients.
Knead until smooth.
Divide into two and mold into 6- or 7-inch cakes about 1/2-inch thick.
Mark into serving pieces and prick.
Bake at 300F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. - 30.9482
In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour and the sugar.
Cut in butter or margarine till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Form the mixture into a ball; knead till smooth.
Press dough into an 8 inch shortbread mold.
(Or, on a baking sheet pat dough... - 30.6918
1. Combine lamb bones with water and half of the onion in a large kettle. (Save remaining onion for Step 3.) Cover; bring to boiling, then simmer 2 to 3 hours or until all meat falls off bones.
2. Strain broth into a large saucepan; cool, then chill until fat... - 30.4796
Cut shortening into oats, flour, baking soda and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a stiff dough.
Roll until 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds or squares.
Place... - 30.4439
Scottish Recipes By Category