- » Scotch Broth
Scotch Broth Recipes
Scotch broth, as the name suggests is a traditional Scottish filling soup. The main ingredients of the Scotch broth recipe include Barley and stewed Lamb or Mutton with root vegetables. It is mostly ... More »
Lamb Stock Scotch Broth
1) Prepare the lamb Stock one day before.
2) In a 5-quart Dutch oven add lamb bones, 6 cups water, the quartered onion, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf.
3) Boil the mixture, decrease heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
4) Strain the broth and add... - 48.4432
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 46.6957
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 46.0939
Healthy Scotch Broth
1) In the cooker, place together meat, barley, carrots, onion, leeks, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Heat the open cooker and bring to boil and skim.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat... - 45.5806
1. In a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron or a stockpot, combine all the ingredients except the seasonings and parsley.
2. Place on a medium high flame and heat to boiling point.
3. Frequently remove the scum them surfaces when boiling.
4.... - 45.5805
Beef Scotch Broth
Blanch the barley by pouring on boiling water, leaving it a minute or two then straining it.
Cut the meat into neat pieces.
Put into the pressure cooker with the water and barley.
Put on the lid and bring steadily to pressure.
Lower heat and cook for 20... - 44.7684
1) Clean meat and trim fat.
2) Take off meat and chop finely.
3) In a large saucepan, place meat and bone with water and salt.
4) In a small saucepan put pearl barley, cover with water and boil.
5) Strain and transfer into soup pot.
7)... - 44.2265
The scotch broth is a meat broth made with frehs herbs and vegetables. Made with lamb, the scotch broth is made with added pearl barley and is quite filling as a side on its own. used for a base for soups or stews also, the scotch broth is flavorful and... - 44.0607
Cut the meat into 2.5-cm (1-in) pieces and put it in the pressure cooker with the water, bring to the boil uncovered and remove any scum.
Then add the prepared vegetables, barley and seasoning.
Stir well to ensure that the barley is not sticking to the... - 43.1453
1) Take a 3-quart saucepan and add lamb, water, salt, bay leaf, cloves, parsley, and 1/4 CUP of the chopped onion together.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil and then reduce heat.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for about 2 hours until the meat is tender.... - 42.5404
Beef Scotch Broth
Chop the lamb if necessary and discard any fat.
Put in a large pan with the stock, bouquet garni, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil and remove any scum.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally.
Take out the meat and add the pearl... - 42.5251
Lamb Scotch Broth
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
Add lamb cubes and bones; saute until brown.
Place lamb cubes and bones in a 6-quart pot.
Bring to a boil.
Skim foam from surface until surface is clear.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove lamb... - 42.3695
1) Ask the seller to chop the meat into small pieces.
2) In a large pot, put the meat with 3 quarts of water. Bring the meat to a boil and discard any scum that surfaces.
3) Reduce the heat and add the barley. Gently simmer for about 20... - 42.1643
In 3-quart casserole, combine lamb shanks, barley, parsley, salt, cloves, bay leaf, and water.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 12 to 14 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 45 to 50 minutes or till tender.
Remove shanks from soup.
Remove meat... - 41.7947
Get ready to try the healthy Scotch Broth recipe. An appetizer perfect for dinner or any other meal is prepared with meat stock and leftover lamb with bones. The added barley and diced mushroom makes Scotch Broth a thick soup. - 41.1585
1) Take a heavy kettle and brown breast of lamb in it, stirring often.
2) Discard fat and add in shank, water, 1 tablespoon salt, peppercorns, barley, and soup greens.
3) Allow this to come to a boil and cover and boil for about 2 hours.
4) Leave aside... - 41.1268
Scotch Broth With Pearl Barley
Put the mutton into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
Bring to the boil again and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook for the recommended time.
Lift out the bones, trim... - 40.9185
Vegetable Scotch Broth
The scotch broth is prepared with beans, peas and soup bones in water along with a medley of vegetables. Cooked with yellow barley, cabbage, onions, potatoes, celery and turnips, the scotch broth is seasoned to taste and served hot. - 40.8402
Lamb Shanks Scotch Broth
In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine lamb shanks, barley, salt, parsley, cloves, bay leaf, and 5 cups water.
Bring to boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, covered, till meat is tender, about 1 hour.
Remove shanks from soup.
Remove meat from bones; discard bones.
Cut meat... - 40.2294
1. Wash barley.
2. Clean and cut meat.
3. Soak in cold stock for 15 minutes and cook for 1 hour.
4. Skim off fat from broth and add diced vegetables, barley and seasoning and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Remove meat and dice.
6. Return to pan; add more seasoning if... - 40.2102
Cut meat from bones, removing any fat.
Put meat, bones and stock into a large stewpan.
Bring to the boil and skim thoroughly.
Wash and blanch the barley.
Add it to the mixture, seasoning at the same time.
Simmer for an hour.
Add all the vegetables, diced, and... - 39.8334
1. In a large kettle with cover heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion heat to boiling and then simmer 2 to 3 hours such that all meat falls off bones.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, let it cool, chill such that fat rises to top and... - 39.7695
1. In a large kettle heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion to boil and simmer for 2 to 3 hours with cover such that all meat falls off bones and save remaining onion.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, cool and chill such that fat rises... - 39.2733
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 3/4-inch cubes.
Heat lamb, water, barley, salt and pepper to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Add vegetables to lamb mixture.
Cover and simmer until lamb and vegetables are tender, about 30... - 39.0539
The Scotch Broth serves as a fabulous gravy for many of my meat dishes! Try out the Scotch Broth and let me know the dish you've used it for! - 38.8843
Put the meat into a large saucepan.
Pour over the water and bring it to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises.
Add the barley and simmer for 20 minutes.
Put in the vegetables and seasoning, cover the pan and simmer the broth for 1 hour.
Remove the meat... - 38.2906
Soak whole green peas and beans overnight in water.
Simmer soup bone in water to cover for about 2 hours; drain.
Add barley, beans and peas and cook another hour.
Add vegetables and cook 1/2 hour.
Season to taste. - 37.6801
Mutton Scotch Broth
Place lamb or mutton in deep kettle and cover with water.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to very low.
Skim off scum whenever necessary.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Add barley and vegetables except parsley.
Continue simmering, covered, for another... - 37.5942
1. Soak barley for several hours, preferably overnight, in cold water.
2. Remove as much fat as possible from the lamb or mutton and put into a soup pot with the water and the drained barley. Add salt and pepper, the bay leaf, herbs, a whole onion stuck with... - 35.9327
Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
Add water to cover; stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours (on high setting for 4 to 5 hours).
Remove meat; bone and trim off any remaining fat.
Skim off fat from liquid and return meat to... - 35.8174
Blanch the pearl barley by putting into cold water, bringing to the boil, then pouring the water away.
Put the barley, diced beef or mutton and water into a pan, bring to the boil, skim and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Add the prepared vegetables, except the... - 34.6615
Scotch Broth With Herbs
Scotch Broth is a delicious treat you'll love to gorge on. Prepare this lamb dish effortlessly in minutes, and let us know your remarks after thorougly enjoying the recipe. - 34.3038
Carrots And Leeks Scotch Broth
1. ln a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, bring the water, lamb, leeks, carrots, yellow turnip, celery, split peas, barley, salt, and pepper to a boil over moderately high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb and split... - 31.669
Wipe the meat and shin bone and put into large pot with three quarts cold water.
Bring to boil; add peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and barley; reduce heat and simmer without boiling for one hour.
After meat stock has simmered for an hour, add vegetables and... - 30.9679
1. Combine lamb bones with water and half of the onion in a large kettle. (Save remaining onion for Step 3.) Cover; bring to boiling, then simmer 2 to 3 hours or until all meat falls off bones.
2. Strain broth into a large saucepan; cool, then chill until fat... - 30.4796
Cut excess fat from lamb.
Place in cooker with water, barley and seasonings.
Pressure cook 12 minutes at 15 lbs.pressure.
Add carrot, onion, and parsley, and pressure cook again; this time for 3 minutes.
Reduce pressure quickly. - 29.8377
1. Place lamb in a 4-quart saucepot and add cold water to cover. Over medium-high heat, bring to boiling. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Rinse out saucepot and return meat to it. Add broth and 2 quarts water and bring to boiling. Reduce heat... - 28.0735
Grate the carrot, peel onion and turnip and shred the cabbage.
Put butter into a pan and fry the vegetables.
Add stock & simmer with the barley for 30-45 minutes, with herbs.
Remove herbs and serve hot. - 27.7647
Scotch Broth Recipes By Category