- » Scandinavian Appetizer
Scandinavian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of scandinavian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for scandinavian appetizer recipes.
Gravlax - Part 2 Finishing
Making Gravlax or smoked salmon, Scandinavian style, at home is a way to show off your culinary skills! You don’t need a smoker or smoking liquid. The result of curing the salmon in salt, sugar and smoked paprika, for two days gives a beautiful piece of... - 100.271
Gravlax - Part 1 Curing The Salmon
Lots of people try to smoke salmon at home, but using a high-temp smoker basically just produces cooked salmon with a smoked flavor. Making Gravlax or smoked salmon at home will not save you a whole lot of money and will need patience but will definitely give... - 99.6899
Low-fat Smoked Mackerel Pate
If you love mackerel, then you will love this! A super fast, delicious Scandinavian style hors d'oeuvre. Horseradish gives a wonderfully warming heat to the smoked fish and creamy yogurt. Quite simply the easiest pâté you have ever made. Serve with... - 65.4803
Scandinavian Tripe Salad
1) Wash tripe in chilled water, drain well.
2) In a large saucepan,put the tripe with 2 quarts cold water.
3) Add freshly squeezed juice from lemon over tripe and add in the peel.
4) Now add salt and bring slowly to boil, reduce heat to... - 49.4621
Scandinavian Yellow Pea Soup
1. Take a bowl and add lots of water and soak peas in it. Allow it to stay overnight or quickly soak it and drain the water.
2. Take a large kettle and add peas and water into it and boil it over low heat.
3. Cover and simmer over... - 45.4092
Cherry Soup Scandinavian
Combine in a saucepan the water, sugar, lemon, cinnamon, and cloves.
Bring to a boil and add cherries.
Bring to a boil again and cook gently for about 2 minutes.
Blend cornstarch and water and stir into cherries.
Stirring gently, bring to a boil again.
Cook... - 45.0451
1. On a tray arrange party bread spreading each with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and / or mustard.
2. Cover using a small lettuce leaf.
3. Lay tuna, egg slices, shrimp, cucumber or steamed vegetables.
4. To serve garnish as desired. - 43.5699
Scandinavian Chicken Soup
1) In a large Dutch oven, place chicken broth.
2) Over high temperature, bring to a boil.
3) Add potatoes, 1-cup onion and 1 teaspoon of the dill weed.
4) After broth turns to boil, reduce temperature to medium low and simmer for about 12 minutes or... - 42.8938
Scandinavian Pickled Cucumbers
Combine all the ingredients except the cucumbers and mix well.
Slice the cucumbers as thinly as possibleâ€”they should be almost transparent.
Place in a serving dish.
Pour the dressing over the cucumbers.
Cover and refrigerate 3 or more hours.
Check the... - 38.0567
Scandinavian Buffet Loaf
Day before, if desired, or early on day:
1. Cut off slice from top of pumpernickel so that its cut surface measures 6 inches across. Then, with sharp knife, cut 7 more thin slices; discard both top and bottom crusts.
2. In medium bowl combine salmon, onion,... - 37.796
In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup yogurt and bread crumbs; let stand 5 minutes.
Add ground beef, egg, onion and salt.
Mix well and shape into 1 1/4 inch meatballs.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray.
Cook meatballs over medium heat... - 37.6272
Scandinavian Fruit Soup
Combine fruits, raisins, currants and water.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until tender.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes.
Cool, chill and serve with hard French rolls and unsalted butter. - 37.1855
Carolyn S Scandinavian Fruit Soup
Soak raisins, apricots, and prunes in water overnight; pour into heavy-bottomed cooking pan.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours or until well-flavored.
Chill and serve cold.
Can be made several days in advance and kept refrigerated... - 36.5204
Scandinavian Herring Salad Sildesalat
Soak herring in cold water 24 hours, changing water several times.
Remove heads, fillet and skin herring, and cut in 1" cubes.
Mix herring with vegetables; add remaining ingredients and mix again.
Chill well before serving. - 35.4105
Scandinavian Appetizer Tray
1. Pare cucumbers; slice very thin; place in a medium-size bowl.
2. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over cucumber slices; sprinkle with dill. Chill at least 2 hours to season.
3. When ready to... - 35.1138
In blender container, puree 1 package raspberries; strain to remove seeds.
In medium saucepan, combine pureed raspberries, orange juice, brand and cornstarch; mix well.
Over medium heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened and clear; cool.
Stir in... - 34.9054
Combine soup, water, milk, peas, sour cream and onions.
In blender blend half of mixture at a time until smooth.
In saucepan, heat soup mixture; stir occasionally.
Meanwhile, in small frying pan, brown bread cubes with garlic in butter; stir constantly. - 32.792
Scandinavian Lamb Kabobs
1. Combine coffee, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl; add lamb cubes and marinate at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
2. Parboil zucchini and onions 3 minutes in a medium-size saucepan; drain.
3. Drain lamb; reserve marinade.... - 31.9184
Scandinavian Potato Salad
Scrub the potatoes with a soft brush under running water.
Quarter them and drop them into a kettle of cold salted water.
Bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm, for 8 to 10 minutes after the water reaches a boil.
When the potatoes are done,... - 29.4527
Scandinavian Style Canapes
1.In a small bowl stir together the yogurt, mustard and chopped dill.
2. Spread the bread with the yogurt mixture. Place a cucumber slice and a bell pepper square on each piece of bread and top with a piece of fish and a dill sprig. - 26.5185