- » Savory Lentil Vegetable
Savory Lentil Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy our collection of savory lentil vegetable recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for savory lentil vegetable recipes.
Savory Lentil Soup
Wash lentils; remove any grit or broken shells.
Combine all ingredients in large covered kettle; stir in 4 cups water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat to low.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until lentils are tender and soup... - 27.3739
Savory Lentil Soup
1. In a large stock pot or kettle, add the lentils, pork hock, thyme and bayleaf. Cover with water.
2. Place on a moderate flame and bring to a boil.
3. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer lentils for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the onion,... - 43.5722
1. Pick over the lentils; wash and drain. Put in a kettle with the water, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt to taste. - 25.5687
1) In the stock, soak the lentils and keep them overnight.
2) In the liquid in which the lentils were soaked, cook them. Add more stock if needed. Cook till the lentils are softened which generally takes about 30 minutes. Drain and set... - 37.2571
Heat water and lentils to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
Stir in salt and turmeric.
Cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
Cook and stir onion, garlic, cumin and cardamom in Ghee until onion is tender; stir into lentils.
Cook uncovered... - 34.6472
Potato And Pear Stew With Lentils
Have you ever tried a potato and pear stew? As unusual as this may sound, this makes a fabulous stew! Katherine’s signature stew recipe includes a good mix of vegetables and some herbs as well. Watch this step-by-step video and plate out an unusual and yet... - 115.6
Lentils With Franks
1. Wash lentils. Place in heavy saucepan with water, bay leaf, and salt. Simmer 35 minutes or until tender.
2. While lentils simmer, brown onions and frankfurters in skillet sprayed with vegetable pan spray.
3. Drain lentils; remove bay leaf.
4. Add... - 26.0542
Lentil Soup With Wine
Masur Lentil Soup With Wine is a brilliant combo of eastern and western recipes. I remember how easy it was to prepare simple masur lentil when I was just learning to cook. But in it's traditional form, Masur Lentil Soup With Wine has lentil, bacon, mixed... - 41.4769
Savory Vegetable Medley Roll
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop apple, tomato and onion into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, mix together chopped vegetables with cooked lentils.
4. Roll the pastry into rectangle shape and thinly.
5. Spread lentil mixture... - 49.6803
Barley Lentil Kasha
1. Combine the barley, lentils, and grits in a saucepan. Add broth until it is 1/2 inch above the vegetables. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the barley and lentils are tender. Add water or broth, if necessary, during cooking.
2. Meanwhile, heat the... - 27.8496
Pasta & Lentils
On cutting board, chop pancetta, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic together until very fine.
In 3 quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add chopped vegetable mixture and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until tender.
Stir in lentils and 3 cups... - 39.5254
Chana Dhal Kofta
Soak the channa dhal in water for two hours.
Boil it in four cups of water with one green chilli.
When quite soft, drain and put the dhal on the fire for a minute or two to dry.
Grind the dhal with the cumin seeds and chilli powder.
Mix with all the other... - 41.086
Lentil And Sweet Potato Curry
Planning what to served the guests tonite…here is a video which shows how to make a delectable curry of lentils and sweet potatoes. The curry is delicious and pairs well with breads and rice. Your guests are going to love it! - 127.612
Savory Sprouted Bruschetta On Cucumbers
Soothe your starved tummy with nutritious, easy, and delicious snacks. Blythe Metz shows how to whomp up lip-smacking snacks with cucumbers and bruschetta. Very simple to make and so sumptuous, you can't get over it. - 88.0534
Adasi (Adas:Lentils) is a good source of protein. Lentils being Adasi's main ingredient has various of health benefits. It can stabilize the blood sugar and lower your cholesterol.Lentils are high in Iron and Vitamin B. Adasi is very high in dietary fiber. It... - 0
Lentil Chicken Stew
1) In a non-stick pan, heat bacon fat or oil and brown chicken in it.
2) Remove the chicken and place in the slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, add 1 cup of water.
4) Bring the water to a boil, stirring continuously to scrape off the... - 45.8274
Turnip Lentil Soup
Cook in the same way as Mixed Vegetable Soup, adding the lentils and flavouring with the stock.
Cook gently for 2 hours or until the lentils are tender.
Rub through a sieve or put in a blender.
Return to the pan and add the milk.
Heat, without boiling, and... - 34.3025
Lentil & Lamb Soup
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat.
Add onions and celery.
Cover; saute until vegetables are softened.
Add lamb shank and broth.
Cover; cook until broth comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Add beans and remaining ingredients; stir.
Cover;... - 44.2012
Green Lentil Soup
Lentils Soup can be served cold or hot, and is a great source of fiber. - 38.1449
Savory Wild Rice Manitoba
1 Soak the wild rice overnight, 2 Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan, season and add the wild rice.
Boil gently for 40 minutes until tender.
3 Meanwhile,heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) and shallow- fry the onions until golden.
Add the... - 38.9337
Savory Slow Cooked Grains
1 In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker mix all the ingredients except walnuts and parsley.
2 Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours or until the grains are tender.Stir before serving.
3 Sprinkle with walnuts and parsley... - 36.6832
South Indians on a low-carb diet need not give up their favorite dosa. You can substitute with this protein and iron rich Adai dosa recipe. This crispy crepe made with a combination of lentils and brown rice is a popular breakfast and snack dish in Tamil Nadu... - 139.503
Low Calorie Low Fat Drumstick Leaves Sambar
This recipe is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, savory, tangy and simply awakens the taste buds with every spoonful.
The main ingredients in this dish that influence its nutritional profile include –
• Red gram dhal that forms a good source of... - 0
Potatoes In Sour Cream
Butter a 1 1/2-qt.baking dish.
Heat butter in skillet and saute garlic and chopped lentils together for 5 minutes.
Divide all ingredients in thirds and layer in baking dish as follows: potato slices, melted butter, garlic-lentil mixture, salt and pepper, sour... - 31.0394
Pepperoni And Vegetable Soup
Pepperoni and vegetable soup is a savory and filling soup that can be prepared with smoked sausages or pepperoni along with mixed vegetables. This soup is a weekend special at out place and really appetizing! - 34.6903