- » Savory Appetizer
Savory Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of savory appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for savory appetizer recipes.
Japanese Style Savory Mille-feuille
A traditional Japanese dish with a French twist! This is an ingenious idea for the making the traditional Tamagoyaki or Japanese sweet rolled omelet or egg sushi look like the French Mille-Feuille, or the Napoleon pastry. If you don’t like sweet Tamagoyaki... - 129.774
Savory And Sweet Spring Rolls
Ken shows how to make some neat sweet and savory spring rolls using strawberries in one blackened fish in the other. These spring rolls can be dipped into a raspberry vinaigrette and savored! See the video for more! - 115.751
Zero Cooking Savory Swiss Chard Soup
Expecting guests and don’t know what to serve for appetizers? Try this easy to make Zero Cooking Swiss Chard Soup recipe which can be prepared in no time. The soup is full of taste and health since the nutritional value of the ingredients is not lost during... - 112.05
Savory Peach And Mozzarella Fresca Bruschetta On Walnut Bread
This bruschetta looks so beautiful, you can almost see the sunshine radiating out of it. Its an unbelievably delicious bite, like summer on a toast! You don’t have to turn on the oven to make this “gourmet” style bruschetta of toasted walnut bread,... - 101.198
Bacon, Shallot And Egg Savory Fritters
Want a simple yet very impressive appetizer recipe? Then watch this video and learn to make yummy fritters that are sure to disappear as soon as they are served. - 97.8935
Savory Sprouted Bruschetta On Cucumbers
Soothe your starved tummy with nutritious, easy, and delicious snacks. Blythe Metz shows how to whomp up lip-smacking snacks with cucumbers and bruschetta. Very simple to make and so sumptuous, you can't get over it. - 88.0534
Betty's Simple And Savory Potato Cakes
Need a hearty supper start for your weekend special dinner? Then this flavorful potato cake will surely shine. In this video, Betty gives a simple demo on how to make these quick and simple potato cakes. A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, this is... - 82.2259
Tasty Savory Rissoles
If you have some leftover veggies in the fridge, then this recipe can be very useful. The Chef makes Tasty Savory Rissoles in the video. It tastes great with baked beans. - 78.215
Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Remove stems of mushrooms and clean them.
3. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, green pepper using cooking spray until soft and tender.
4.Add in rest of the ingredients except the mushroom caps after... - 48.5356
Savory Peanut Loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
2. Grease a 1 pound loaf tin and line the bottom with butter paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except butter. Beat until well blended.
4. Turn the mixture into the greased loaf tin.... - 47.6432
Savory Tomato Rice Soup With Herbed Yogurt
1.Take a large kettle,add olive oil and warm it
2.Add the orange peel,onion and garlic.saute till onions are soft
3 Sprinkle the herbs and cumin.Add the cayenne.
4.Cook till cumin is fragrant,about 5 minutes
5.Add tomatoes,tomatoe puree,water and... - 47.4887
Savory French Onion Soup
1)In a large saucepan, take some oil and butter. To this add onions and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occassionally.
2)Add brown sugar, salt, pepper and molasses.
3)Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
4)Now slowly add in the flour and cook... - 47.3466
Savory Tomato Soup
1) In a soup kettle, add beef knuckle, brisket, water, onion, parsley, celery, carrots, salt, peppercorns, red peppers, mace and bay leaf.
2) Cover, let it boil, then reduce heat and allow it to simmer slowly for 5 hours.
3) Stir in tomatoes, garlic,... - 46.674
Savory Lattice Flan
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) Roll out a large part of the short crust or flaky pastry.
3) Line a 7-inch sandwich tin, a plain flan ring or an overturned baking tray with the rolled out pastry.
4) In a bowl, mix together the pork sausage meat... - 46.6066
Savory Egg Cream On Toast
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and allow it to cook for a bit.
3) Add the milk and cream and stir well.
4) Gently simmer the mixture, constantly stirring, till the mixture... - 46.5081
Southern Savory Carrot Soup
1 In a large skillet, melt butter.
2 Saute onion until tender.
3 Add in the next 8 ingredients.
4 Cover and lower the heat.
5 Simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
6 Into container of electric blender, pour half of the mixture.... - 46.2435
Savory Muffin Tarts
1) Preheat oven by setting it to 350°F.
2) Take 4 aluminum foil tart pans of dimension 1/2 X 1 ¼ and spread with nonstick cooking spray.
3) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add chicken, Parmesan cheese, scallion, ham and pepper in... - 45.8077
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2) Mince or grind the liver and onions together.
3) In a bowl, combine the liver and onions with rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly.
4) Divide and shape the mixture into 8... - 45.6453
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Thoroughly drain and slice the asparagus spears into 2 inch pieces.
3) In a lightly greased casserole, arrange the asparagus spears.
4) Cover with a layer of hard-boiled egg, then spread a layer of... - 45.586
Pressure Cooker Savory Seafood Starters
1. With a little butter or margarine lightly grease 4 ovenproof ramekin dishes.
2. Divide the prawns equally between the dishes.
3. In a bowl beat together the egg, cream, milk, cheese and a little salt and pepper and pour over the prawns.
4. Into the... - 45.4371
Savory Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
1 In a medium bowl, combine stuffing mix, cheese, parsley, water chestnuts and pimento; set aside.
2 In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, combine water and bouillon granules.
3 Microwave at 100% (HIGH) 30 seconds or until water boils and granules... - 44.6848
Savory Deviled Roe
1) Thaw the frozen herring roes and separate.
2) In a bowl, sift flour, curry powder and seasoning, all together.
3) Coat the roes with flour mixture.
4) In a fry pan, melt butter and fry the coated roes for only a few minutes each... - 44.5192
Savory Lamb Kabobs
1)Peel off the fell or tissue like covering from leg of lamb. Cut the leg into cubes of 1 inch size.
2)In a bowl, combine pepper, sugar, garlic, oil, soy sauce and vinegar.
3)Add the lamb into this marinade and let mariante covered in... - 44.4909
1) Line and grease a roasting tin of 20 x 28 x 4 cm / 8 x 11 x 1 1/2 measurement.
2) Preheat the oven.
3)... - 44.3861
Finnan Savory Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Take a shallow pan, and add the fish into it.
3. Top the fish with bacon and pour enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Cover the pan and steam the dish over medium heat for about 10... - 44.3018
Savory Vegetable Soup
1) In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
2) Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
3) In prepared container, combine browned meat, onion, carrots, celery, green beans, and uncooked rice.
4) Add... - 44.2399
Campbell's Savory Petite Meat Loaf Sandwiches
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine beef mince, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, half quantity tomato soup and onions. Mix well and place in a 8 inch x 4 inch baking pan.
3. Bake in... - 44.2332
Brain And Tomato Savory
1)Soak the brains in cold water for about 30 minutes.
2)Remove the skin and
place in a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil and drain it.
3)Replace with cold water containing a little salt and a bay leaf or a piece of... - 44.224
Savory Salmon Loaf
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Drain the salmon thoroughly and flake.
3) In a bowl, combine the salmon and rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly.
4) In a greased 1 1/2 -quart loaf pan, turn the salmon mixture and spread evenly.
5)... - 44.2017
Savory Stuffed Turnips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. To prepare the turnips wash and pare them and cut thin slice off root and stem ends.
4. In large saucepan cook turnips in 1 inch boiling, salted water for 20 to 25... - 44.1149
Savory Croquettes With Mushroom Sauce
1) Pre-soak dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup boiling water.
2) Alternately pare and quarter the potato.
3) Put the potato quarters in a small saucepan with water to cover.
4) Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender enough for about 20 minutes.
5)... - 44.1005
Mushroom Tarts Savory
Sieve flour, salt and sodabicarb together in a large mixing bowl.
Mix butter and flour with fingers for 8-10 minutes till it resembles bread crumbs.
Knead to a stiff dough with milk.
Roll out the dough into 1/2 cm thick pastry.
Cut the pastry into 5 cm... - 43.7966
Savory Split Pea Soup
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients; cover.
TO HEAT BY TIME Set Power Select at HIGH for 8 to 9 minutes and MEDIUM-LOW for 45 to 50 minutes.
TO HEAT BY INSTA-MATIC Heat on COOK 2.
After time appears in display window, stir... - 43.767
Eggs On A Savory Base
1.In a skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of butter and put the bread crumbs in it and stir until the butter is totally absorbed.
2.Once done turn off the heat and add anchovy, parsley, chives, shallots and egg yolks in the skillet.
3.Take a heat proof gratin... - 43.5959
Savory Fish With Leeks
Remove the base and the outer leaves of the leeks.
Cut the leeks in quarters lengthwise and then into dice.
Rinse thoroughly and leave to drain.
Put the leeks and carrot into a large bowl with the butter.
Mix together the fish bouillon (stock) powder, white... - 43.5754
Savory Vegetable Ring
1. Peel and dice carrots, mushrooms and a quarter of the potatoes. Shell peas.
2. Boil remaining potatoes. Peel and mash.
3. Add beaten egg, half the onions grated, and grated cheese.
4. Put into a ring mould previously greased and sprinkled with... - 43.5738
Savory Lentil Soup
1. In a large stock pot or kettle, add the lentils, pork hock, thyme and bayleaf. Cover with water.
2. Place on a moderate flame and bring to a boil.
3. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer lentils for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the onion,... - 43.5722
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a bowl, soften the margarine.
3) Add the herbs to the bowl.
4) Slice the bread and spread the herb mix on the slices. Then, reassemble the slices.
5) Wrap in a foil, and bake on a cookie sheet for... - 43.5633
Savory Beef And Bean Filling
1) Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2) Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
3) In saucepan, heat oil and saute onions until tender.
4) Stir in the beef, tomato sauce or catsup, Worcestershire sauce, celery and kidney beans.
5) Simmer... - 43.5249
Savory Appetizer Recipes By Category