- » Sauerkraut
Enjoy our collection of sauerkraut recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for sauerkraut recipes.
Crock Pot Pork And Sauerkraut
If you are planning to celebrate this new year with pork, then you would definitely love the idea of slow cooking. Prepare your crock pot with the ingredients and set it on, as per the instruction of chef. Now you can be out for whole day to enjoy without... - 134.868
Romanian Baked Sauerkraut
Robin demonstrates a recipe in the video that has years of history attached to it. It's a classic recipe from Bucharest which uses sauerkraut. You should definitely try this recipe if you love sauerkraut and want to use it to create a yummy dish. - 130.309
I learned to make this sauerkraut from my mother who learned it from my German grandmother. It is easy and very frugal. Serve it with hot dogs or Kielbasa and mashed potatoes. - 115.004
European Style Venison Stew With Sauerkraut
Are you looking for some easy stew recipes? This video is a must watch for you. The chef displays a step by step process to make this European Style Venison Stew with Sauerkraut. Watch it now. - 81.4592
Stir Fried Sauerkraut
This is Ying Stoller's appearance on the "Lunchbreak" portion of the WGN news. In this video, she teaches you how to make a delicious and ridiculously easy sauerkraut stir fry. Be sure to try it at home! - 78.6116
Looking for an interesting side dish? Try this Raw Vegekraut. This dish is a variation of the classic sauerkraut and is truly delectable. Watch chef Dorothy share the recipe now. - 65.4359
Skillet Beef Knockwurst With Sauerkraut
1. In a small bowl, blend barbecue sauce, duck sauce, mustard, and relish; keep aside.
2. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine.
3. Add knockwurst and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until lightly browned; turn... - 47.7258
Melt butter in heavy skillet.
Grind onion and garlic and cook in butter until onion is transparent.
Grind ham and stir into onion mixture.
Heat thoroughly, add beef stock and heat again just to boiling.
Stir in flour and immediately reduce heat.
Stir... - 46.3738
1 Trim any visible fat from the short ribs.
2 In a nonstick frying pan, brown onion and short ribs over medium heat.
3 Add in sauerkraut and toss lightly.
4 Add in the remaining ingredients.
5 Bring to a boil.
6 Lower the... - 46.0827
1) In skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© the onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Add ham and corned beef and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in garlic salt, mustard, parsley, pepper, sauerkraut, 1/2 cup flour and beef stock.
4)... - 44.8817
Pollock Fillets With Sauerkraut
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish before cutting.
3. Cut fish into 6 pieces and keep in the refrigerator.
4. In 8X12 baking dish, arrange the steaks in a single layer.
5. Season the steaks with salt and roll over flour to coat... - 44.8728
Pork With Steamed Spiced Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2. In a pan brown onions lightly in margarine, add sugar, water and sauerkraut, toss with a fork such that well separated and add grated potato.
3. In a 2-quart casserole put sauerkraut mixture, burrow hole in... - 44.7977
Knuckle Of Pork With Sauerkraut
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) Then, boil the knuckle for an hour so that it is half cooked.
4) In the bottom of the soaked Romertopf, put the sauerkraut.
5) Then, shred one half of the apple.
7)... - 44.3189
Savory Sauerkraut Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, cook the dried Lima beans according to package directions, but for a few minutes less than the stated time.
3) Drain the beans.
4) Drain sauerkraut and rinse in cold water and drain.
5) Butter a... - 44.3018
Roast Goose With Sauerkraut
1) Set the oven temperature to 325Â°F before baking.
2) Clean the goose inside and out under cold running water and then dry it gently using paper towels.
3) Season the cavity generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
4) Remove all... - 44.2388
Braised Pheasant With Sauerkraut
1. To prepare the sauerkraut, wash it thoroughly under cold running water and soak it in a pot of water for about 15 minutes.
2. Squeeze the sauerkraut completely dry taking a handful at a time and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to... - 44.1966
Boil the sauerkraut for 20 minutes in salted water; drain off the water.
Fry the onion in 4 tablespoons [60 ml.] of the lard until it turns pale yellow; add the garlic, pork, salt and a little pepper, and dust with paprika.
Then fry the whole slowly for 10 to... - 44.0948
Pork And Sauerkraut Layer
Lightly brown the onion in the lard, then stir in the paprika and dilute the mixture with the water.
Add the pork and scatter the pieces of green pepper and tomato over the top.
Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Mix the flour with the cream and stir this... - 43.9663
In a heavy pot, saute the onion in the fat until it is golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the sauerkraut, unwashed or very briefly rinsed, and cook for five minutes, stirring with a fork.
Add the wine, apple, then the juniper berries.
Pour on enough stock almost... - 43.9239
Paprika Pork With Sauerkraut
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) After trimming the meat, cut it into cubes of roughly 1 1/2-inches each. Mix together salt, half the pepper and 1 teaspoon of flour and dredge the meat properly in the mixture.
3) In a... - 43.8976
Sauerkraut Balls combines the richness of pork, cheese and krauts. Love trying this Sauerkraut Balls just for its yummy flavor. Have all the ingredients ready at home? Then why donâ€™t you try Sauerkraut Balls for dinner tonight! - 43.8394
Spareribs And Sauerkraut
1) Season the spareribs with salt and pepper.
2) In a skillet or broiler pan in the oven, sear the spareribs until brown, then drain off the excess fat.
3) In a slow cooker, place a layer of the spareribs at the bottom, then a layer of sauerkraut,... - 43.7775
Mustard Glazed Sausages With Sauerkraut Relish
To make the relish, place the sauerkraut in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
Drain well, then squeeze with your hands to remove the excess water.
In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and pepper.
Stir and... - 43.7315
Braised Pheasant With Sauerkraut
Let pheasant marinate overnight.
Drain sauerkraut and add bouillon, caraway seeds, and wine.
Crush juniper berries and add them or, optionally, 3 tablespoons gin.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Meanwhile drain pheasant and cut it into pieces.
Brown in hot shortening,... - 43.7155
Pork And Sauerkraut
1) With salt pork, rub a heavy, large kettle.
2) Score the salt pork.
3) Cut the roast into 3 or 4 big pieces.
4) In the bottom of the kettle, place the meat.
5) Over the meat, add the sauerkraut.
6) Gradually add onions, peppercorns,... - 43.6652
Pork And Sauerkraut Skillet Dinner
Spread flour on waxed paper and coat both sides of pork chops with flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the chops.
Brown for 3 minutes on each side, then remove the chops.
Add onion, salt and pepper to skillet and saute for 1... - 43.3504
Sauerkraut Baked With Ham
Drain the sauerkraut, then cook in boiling water for 20 minutes.
Drain and cool.
Peel the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Drain and mash with the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Dice the cheese.
Halve and seed the... - 43.3186
Red Herring With Sauerkraut
This Red Herring With Sauerkraut is an easy-to-prepare recipe. An amazingly delicious recipe, Red Herring With Sauerkraut is a dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 43.1777
Brown onion lightly in butter in skillet.
Add ham, garlic and 1/3 cup flour.
Stir broth, sauerkraut and parsley into onion mix- ture.
Cook, stirring, until thick.
Spread in flat pan; chill.
Shape sauerkraut mixture into 1-inch... - 43.1282
Duck With Fruit And Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop pepper finely.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the sauerkraut, fruits and pepper.
4. Cut the duck into pieces and season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a soaked Romertopf, pour the... - 42.8496
Ham With Sauerkraut
Put the ham on a rack in a roasting pan and roast in a warm oven (325° F) for 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 160° F.
Remove the rind and most of the fat.
Brush the ham with honey and return to a moderately hot oven (400° F) for 20... - 42.8378
Goose With Sauerkraut
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
First make the stuffing.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until soft.
Put them in a bowl and mix in the sausage meat, bread crumbs, caraway seeds and seasoning.
Put the stuffing into the goose and sew it... - 42.7975
Baby Back Ribs And Sauerkraut
Sprinkle ribs on all sides with pepper and 1 tablespoon of the paprika; arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 450° oven until well browned (25 to 30 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a 4-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine sauerkraut,... - 42.7038
1) In a saucepan, heat the fat
2) Fry the flank till browned evenly
3) Tip in the bones, sauerkraut, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
4) Lower the heat and simmer for about 2 hours
5) Add in the potatoes and cook for 20 minutes... - 42.4548
Pigs Feet And Sauerkraut
Buy pigs' feet already cleaned.
Put in large kettle with water to cover.
Bring to boil, drain, and cover again with water.
Cover with 2 quarts water.
Add onion and salt.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until meat begins to... - 42.416
Chicken And Sauerkraut
1) Rinse sauerkraut under cold running water and cover it with cold water for 10 to 20 minutes to reduce its sourness.
2) Press it dry by the handful.
3) Rinse the chicken pieces quickly under cold running water and dry them gently with paper... - 42.1784
Spareribs And Sauerkraut
Quickly brown spareribs in butter in hot skillet.
Rinse sauerkraut and mix with the carrot, caraway seed, and pepper; put half in roasting pan.
Cover with half the onion and apple rings and top with the browned spareribs.
Spoon remaining sauerkraut over... - 42.0976
Ham Sauerkraut Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 375 Deg F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the, soup, ham, sauerkraut, cheese, milk, mustard, and caraway.
3) Mix well and pour the mixture into five 10-ounce casseroles.
4) In a bowl, add the crumbs and butter, mix... - 41.6972
Sweet Sour Cabbage
1. Discard cabbage core and shred into ½ inch slices and keep aside.
2. Discard the seeds and cut chili into thin, short strips.
3. Take a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, excluding oil, and mix thoroughly.
4. Take a large frying pan or wok,... - 41.574
Sweet Sour Cabbage
1) Take a skillet and cook bacon in it. Remove from heat and crumble.
2) In the same skillet cook onions in the bacon drippings.
3) Stir in vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt and broth. Also, add apple and bay leaf.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and... - 41.5452
Sweet Sour Cabbage
1. In a non-stick pan, cook onion without any liquid and with a lid; cook until it is soft and translucent.
2. Uncover and over high heat brown onions slightly.
3. Stir in the cabbage and then apple.
4. In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients and pour... - 41.4897
1) Melt butter in a 1 to 1 1/2-quart casserole by microwaving on HIGH for 60 seconds.
2) Mix in flour, salt and pepper.
3) Pour the half and half. Stir well to mix.
4) Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 6 minutes till it starts to bubble and begins to... - 41.3267
1) Take a skillet and melt fat in it. Add onions and meat. Cook until brown in color.
2) Sprinkle with pepper, salt and paprika.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Add sauerkraut and cook for another 10 minutes.
5) Stir in water... - 41.2423
Toast the bread.
Peel and halve the onion, and dice one of the halves.
Slice the other half into thin rings.
Mix the butter with the diced onion, the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika.
Spread toast with the paprika-onion butter.
Heat the oven to... - 41.2266
Cut luncheon meat into 1/4-inch-thick slices and then into strips.
Heat butter in large skillet and brown meat and onion and garlic.
Stir in flour and sugar.
Add broth, tomato juice and paste and cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is... - 41.074
Beef And Sauerkraut Soup
Trim off any fat from edges of beef shanks; discard.
Brown beef on both sides in butter and oil in a large heavy pan.
Reduce heat, add onion, and cook until they are limp.
Add sauerkraut with its liquid, water, and tomatoes.
Tie peppers and bay leaf in... - 41.0325
Knockwurst And Sauerkraut
1. In a colander, place Sauerkraut and clean with cold water. Drain off excess water.
2. In a large sauce pan, keep 2 quarts water to boil.
3. Once boiled, add Knockwurst and cover.
4. Remove from flame and allow this to stand for 5 to 8... - 41.0247
Sauerkraut And Sausage Hot Pot
Dice the bacon.
Drain the sauerkraut.
Put the sauerkraut in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes, then drain well.
Put the bacon in another saucepan and heat until the fat runs.
Add the sugar cube and, when it has... - 41.0116
Sausage Sauerkraut Supper
1) In a slow cooker, arrange potatoes, carrots, and sauerkraut in layers.
2) In a skillet, brown sausage and transfer to the cooker.
3) Reserve the pan drippings and saute onion and garlic in it.
4) Drizzle wine, let it boil, and the sprinkle pepper... - 40.9896
Preheat oven to 275°F.
Wash sauerkraut in 3 changes of water; drain well.
Arrange half of the sauerkraut in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Top with one layer each of bacon, onions, carrots, and apples.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Arrange ham and sausage over... - 40.9731
Mustardy Brats With Sauerkraut
In a small skillet heat margarine or butter over medium heat till melted.
Add green pepper and onion.
Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or till tender.
Stir in brown sugar, mustard, and caraway seed.
Add sauerkraut; toss to mix.
Tear off a 36 x 18-inch... - 40.955
Pork With Steamed Spiced Sauerkraut
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Place margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions and brown lightly.
Add sugar, water and sauerkraut.
Toss with a fork until well separated.
Add grated potato.
Stir to mix well.
When heated, remove from stove and... - 40.845
Pig 's Feet With Sauerkraut
Melt the lard in a heavy, nonreactive pot and fry the onion over medium heat until golden about 10 minutes.
Stir in the sauerkraut, cumin seeds and juniper berries, then add salt and pepper.
Pour in the apple juice or cider and add the pig's feet, covering... - 40.8241
Frankfurters With Sauerkraut
1) Wash the sauerkraut thoroughly in chilled water, remove water and squeeze dry.
2) Take a baking dish and arrange the bacon slices in it.
3) Cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes till crisp.
4) In the baking dish, add the... - 40.6712
Pork Medley With Sauerkraut
Heat the oil in a 3-quart flameproof casserole over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onion and carrots and saute, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the onion is golden.
Add the sauerkraut and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the stock, wine,... - 40.2136
Cornish Game Hens With Sauerkraut
Rub Cornish game hens inside and out with salt and pepper.
Place them in deep baking dish with slice of bacon tied over the breast of each.
Tie herbs and garlic in a square of cheesecloth and put them in the dish.
Add onion, carrot, and water.
Bake,... - 40.1668
Shoulder Chops With Sauerkraut
Place half the sauerkraut in an 8-cup (2 L) ceramic baking dish.
Place on top the bacon and 4 chops or the 8 chops.
Sprinkle the meat with the onion.
Mix together the pepper, juniper berries, aniseed and salt.
Sprinkle half over the meat, then cover it with... - 40.1076
Bratwurst And Sauerkraut
1) Into a skillet, add in the butter and add in the cooked bratwurst
2) Fry the sausages till evenly browned
3) Place them onto absorbent kitchen towel to drain
4) Into the remaining butter, saute the onion till soft and then add in the sauerkraut,... - 40.0504
Sauerkraut And Braised Meats
Rinse sauerkraut well under running cold water.
Drain and squeeze out most of the water.
Melt fat in a large casserole.
Cook onion and bacon for about 10 min.
Stir in sauerkraut, making sure it is well coated with fat.
Add ham knuckles and any of the other... - 39.9941
Sauerkraut Soup (kapusniak)
Cook pork sharks in water in a 5 quart kettle 20 minutes.
Skim off foam.
Add onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, and parsley.
Cook about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
Remove meat from broth.
Strain broth; return to kettle.
Remove meat from bones; discard... - 39.9365
Old World Sauerkraut Supper
1) Fry bacon until crisp, drain, and reserve the pan drippings.
2) Stir flour to the pan drippings, blend, and then stir in the sauerkraut and bacon.
3) In a slow cooker, transfer the mixture.
4) Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on... - 39.8837
Aunt Lavina's Sauerkraut
1) In a slow cooker, arrange the sausage and heat on low.
2) In a pan, heat oil and saute pepper, onion, mushroom.
3) In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
4) Serve with... - 39.797
Braised Sauerkraut With Juniper Berries
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Drain sauerkraut and squeeze of all moisture from it. Keep aside.
3. Place a large ovenproof skillet over a medium high flame.
4. Add the salt pork and sauté till well browned.
5. Stir in the drained... - 39.7469
Beef With Sauerkraut & Yogurt
Venison Pot Roast With Cream Sauce! Were you looking for a refreshing venison preparation that you can serve for a weekend luncheon? Then Venison Pot Roast With Cream Sauce is definitely the recipe for you. The Venison Pot Roast With Cream Sauce is sure to... - 39.7077
Skillet Franks And Sauerkraut
1. In a large frying pan, cook bacon until fat begins to melt; with a ladle, push bacon to one side and saute onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Put in sauerkraut; saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add in apple juice, sugar and caraway seeds.
4. Grate in half the... - 39.6279
Fry onion in hot butter in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Add the ham, corned beef, and garlic; heat thoroughly.
Stir in 6 tablespoons flour and continue cooking and stirring until well blended.
Add the sauerkraut, parsley, and beef broth.
Cook and stir... - 39.2881
Sauerkraut Sausage Supper
Slice sausage links diagonally.
Peel and thickly slice potatoes.
Rinse and drain sauerkraut.
Peel, core, and chop the apple.
Heat wok over medium-high heat; add oil.
Stir-fry apple, onion, and garlic in hot oil till onion is tender but not brown.
Stir in... - 39.2057
Alsatian Pork With Sauerkraut
Cook and stir bacon and onion in Dutch oven or 12-inch skillet until bacon is crisp; drain.
Stir in sauerkraut and brown sugar.
Add potatoes and apples.
Tie juniper berries, peppercorns, cloves, parsley and bay leaf in cheesecloth bag or place in tea ball;... - 39.2012
Holiday Goose And Sauerkraut Stuffing
Saute onion in butter in large skillet until golden. Add sauerkraut, potatoes, apple, carrot, seasonings and wine.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stuff goose cavity with stuffing; truss.
Place goose on rack in shallow roasting... - 39.0119
Schwarzenwald Sauerkraut Balls
In a large skillet melt the butter and saute the onions and carrots until tender.
Add the beef and cook until brown.
Add the ham and sauerkraut.
Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour and cook until thick.
Add the cream, stock, spices, and... - 38.9675
Sheat Fish In Sour Cabbage
Cut the sheat fish into five pieces and salt.
Then wash the sour cabbage and begin to cook.
Chop the bacon, render it and fry the sliced green paprika and then add to the cabbage.
After cooking for an hour, add the fish to the cabbage.
Remove when... - 38.8262
Pork And Sauerkraut Supper
This Continental Pork Casserole is one of the best pork dishes that I've ever tasted from the region. This casserole comprises of mouthwatering elements like chopped pork, apples, sauerkraut and potatoes in irresistible sweet apple juice and onion... - 38.7657
Baked Spareribs With Sauerkraut
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Sprinkle pepper over spareribs and arrange them such that the fat faces the shallow baking pan ( 14 X 10 X 2 inches).
3. Bake for about 1 ½ hours and turn it once during the cooking period.
4. Take... - 38.7328
Szekely Pig 's Feet In Sauerkraut
Heat the lard in a heavy casserole and put in the pig's feet.
Roast the pig's feet in a preheated 350° F. [180° C] oven turning them over halfway through the cooking time for about 20 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
Remove the pig's feet from... - 38.724
Pork And Sauerkraut
1) In a slow cooker, put potatoes.
2) Combine all the other ingredients except pork and add in the slow cooker.
3) Place half of the sauerkraut mixture on top of the potatoes and then add in the roast.
4) Sprinkle the remaining sauerkraut mixture,... - 38.6402
Sweet Sour Cabbage
1) In a slow cooker, combine together all the ingredients.
2) Over high heat, cook for 3 to 5 hours. The cooking time depends on how crunchy or soft the cabbage and onions are preferred.
3) Serve hot. - 38.6394
1. In a skillet, melt butter and cook onion until tender; do not brown.
2. Stir in beef broth, drained sauerkraut and pimiento.
3. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Spoon Sauerkraut Provencale in a plate.
5. Top with some sour cream... - 38.5201
About 45 minutes before serving: In large kettle, place 3 cups boiling water, salt, caraway seed, chervil, onions, celery, carrots, sauerkraut, sugar.
Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
Stir in beans and rest of ingredients.
Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, 15... - 38.4979
Roast Turkey With Savory Sauerkraut
Place the sauerkraut in a colander and rinse well with cold water.
Squeeze dry and set aside.
In a very large skillet, saute the onions in 1/2 cup of the vegetable oil until they are soft but not brown.
Add the parsley, garlic, chili flakes, paprika, and... - 38.4913
Here is a great recipe for Caraway Sauerkraut. A family recipe that has been doing the rounds for centuries, this makes a great side dish. A simple recipe, with an extensive cooking time. Let me know how you enjoy this. - 38.4875
Partridge With Sauerkraut And Pears
Rub the insides of the partridges with salt, celery salt, paprika and white pepper.
Cut the rolls into four, pour over hot water to soften them, then squeeze dry.
Beat the softened bread and mix with the diced onions and the liver sausage.
Use to stuff the... - 38.4852
Combine sauerkraut with orange peel, caraway seed, raisins, and orange juice.
Add salt and pepper to taste, depending on saltiness of sauerkraut.
Turn into greased 13 1/2-quart casserole.
Cover and bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, peel... - 38.2698
Pig's Knuckles And Sauerkraut
1) On the bottom of a large kettle, place half of the sauerkraut in a layer.
2) Add the knuckles, along with the pepper, onion and caraway seeds.
3) In another layer, add the remaining sauerkraut.
4) Over the layers, pour the broth, beer or white wine.... - 38.2474
Casserole Pheasant With Cranberry Sauerkraut
Choose a heavy flameproof casserole with a lid, which is large enough to take the bird and the sauerkraut.
Remove any feather stubs and trussing from the bird and brown it a little in the casserole and set aside.
Cut the bacon into thin strips and cook with... - 38.1554
1 Thoroughly rinse the sauerkraut in cold water .
2 Drain well.
3 In a pan, heat the butter or fat.
4 Cook the sauerkraut and onions in it for 15 minutes.
5 Stir in the sugar and pepper.
6 Allow to cool.
7 Spread evenly on strudel... - 38.0959
1. In a stock pot or a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
3. Tip in the sauerkraut and stir.
4. Cover pot with a lid and allow the cabbage to simmer for... - 38.0599
Cut onion into small cubes; saute in margarine in frypan until transparent.
Add paprika; stir well.
Cut pork into 1-inch cubes; add to onion.
Saute until browned.
Add eiough water to completely cover pork mixture.
Simmer, covered, for 35 to 45 minutes or... - 38.0173
Cut luncheon meat into 1/4 -inch-thick slices and then into strips.
Heat butter in large skillet and brown meat and onion and garlic.
Stir in flour and sugar.
Add broth, tomato juice and paste and cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is... - 37.9319
Paprika Braised Chicken With Fruity Sauerkraut
1. Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. Heat the oil in a 4-quart enameled cast-iron casserole over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and saute, stirring continuously, until the onion begins to turn golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Remove the... - 37.8395
Wild Duck Or Goose With Sauerkraut
Rub bird, inside and out, with cut side of lemon, squeezing juice occasionally.
Combine sauerkraut, celery seed, sugar, and pepper; stuff bird loosely and truss.
Place breast up on rack in shallow roasting pan; pour in boiling water.
Cover and roast in... - 37.8232
Pork And Sausage With Sauerkraut
Heat a 6- to 8-quart enameled cast-iron casserole (do not use aluminum or black iron) and saute the bacon until clear.
Add the onions and garlic and brown lightly.
Add the apples, sauerkraut, and wine.
Tie the juniper berries, peppercorns, and bay leaves in a... - 37.4476
Hearty Potato Sauerkraut Soup
1. In large slow cooker combine all ingredients and cook with cover on Low 10-12 hours.
2. If needed, skim fat to serve. - 37.0218
Honey Roasted Duck With Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Discard visible fat from the duck and keep aside the giblets for other purposes.
3. Take a bowl, add sauerkraut, juniper berries [optional] and caraway seeds and toss thoroughly. Stuff the duck cavity with... - 37.009
In an earthenware or tin-lined copper pot, cook the onion in the goose fat or lard until it is golden.
Add the sauerkraut.
Cook for five minutes, stirring with a fork, and add the wine, apple and juniper berries.
Pour in enough stock almost to cover the... - 37.0044
Chicken With Sauerkraut
1) In a bowl mix flour, salt, pepper and mustard. Rub the chicken with flour mixture.
2) In a skillet heat small amount of fat and brown the chicken.
3) In a large saucepan layer the chicken, potatoes and sauerkraut. Pour sherry onthe top and cook... - 36.9136
Sauerkraut Balls is a mix of ham, beef and pork and makes the right pick for a heavy appetizer. Made rich with the flavor of meat and bread crumbs, these Sauerkraut Balls donâ€™t take much preparation time. Try the Sauerkraut Balls this weekend. - 36.868
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a pan fry chopped onion in bacon fat until limp.
3. Mix sauerkraut, tomatoes, caraway seed, and sugar.
4. Transfer into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Serve... - 36.8664
Duckling With Sauerkraut Stuffing
Fasten neck skin of duckling to back with skewer.
Lift wing tips up and over back for natural brace.
Mix remaining ingredients.
Fill body cavity lightly with sauerkraut mixture.
Fasten opening with skewer.
Place remaining sauerkraut mixture in greased... - 36.8559
1. Keep aside some large leaves of cabbage.
2. Shred the rest of cabbage finely. Add salt and keep it aside.
3. Peel and shred the apples.
4. In a wooden keg (best for sauerkraut) or crock or sterile jar, make layers of cabbage and... - 36.7599
Ham Hock And Sauerkraut
1) In a slow cooker, place the hamhocks, sprinkle sauerkraut, and then pour water.
2) Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
3) In a pan, melt butter, saute onion and then stir in flour.
4) Add water and stir until the gravy thickens.
5) In the slow... - 36.7378
Sauerkraut Recipes By Category