South East Asian
- » Satay
Satay or sate belongs to the Indonesian (Java) cuisine and is a preparation of diced meats (chicken, beef, pork, mutton, fish) barbecued over charcoal fire and served on skewers with spicy sauces and condiments. The ... More »
Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
Learn how to make your own chicken satay and peanut sauce. This chicken satay is one of my Malaysian street food favorites! - 124.18
Healthy Chicken Satay
When I hear about satays, I can't resist but say "bring it on baby"! Amy is just getting awesome at her kitchen making this wonderful Chicken Satay in her own healthy way and her tips are well worth the time. - 115.456
The Best Thai Chicken And Pork Satay
This is without doubt the best Satay recipe you will find anywhere. The secret is in the preparation but is well worth all the effort. When you make this Chicken and Pork Satay for your barbecue party, your guests are sure to beg you for the recipe. This... - 111.913
Asian Chicken Satay
What do you cook in summers when you don’t want to get into the kitchen? Well, if you don’t have an answer, Thriftycookingmom chef has this Asian Chicken Satay for everyone. She prepares a delicious marinade with soy sauce, brown sugar, cumin powder and... - 109.726
Pork Satay Part 1
When you need appetizer for get-togethers or a light lunch or dinner, think pork satay. With it’s surprisingly nice flavor combination, this favorite Thai street food is quite a treat for the sense and comes together super quickly too. All you need is the... - 105.165
Pork Satay Part 2
Why settle from drumsticks when you could be so creative and make something tantalizing as pork satay at home with little efforts. And no, you don’t have to wait for the barbecue weather to get it right. Pork satay can be easily made at home and served as... - 104.006
Vegan Barbequed Seitan Satay
All those who are vegetarians, vegan or want to lead a healthy lifestyle switch to eating nutritious foods that can be prepared quickly. Just try your hands in barbequed seitan satay with our chef and master the art of making such delicacies at home. - 103.23
Spicy Thai Style Chicken Satay Burger
For all chicken satay lovers, here is an Asian style burger with a spicy peanut butter spread and an Asian slaw that you are sure going to love. The chef has taken enough care to make the burger totally succulent. Great to make for your Asian friends or for... - 92.0705
Chicken Satay Peanut Grilling
Thai dishes are all about delicacy and flavor. This chicken dish exemplifies how in minutes you can stir a tasty dish and impress your family with it. Simple ingredients and easy method makes it a must try at home. - 78.5349
Cuttlefish Satay Salad
Cut cuttlefish hoods and tentacles in half lengthways.
Score inside surface of hood pieces.
Combine hoods, tentacles, spices, garlic, lemon grass, leaves, peanut oil and juice in large bowl; cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Drain cuttlefish;... - 49.2135
In a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
Stir in the rice.
Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam the carrots for 5 minutes, or until... - 47.715
Chicken Satay With Quick Fried Cabbage
1. Finely chop the onion. Cut the chicken into ½-inch dice and put in a bowl. Mix the onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, turmeric and 2 tablespoons of the oil into the chicken, squeeze over the lime juice and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2.... - 47.4116
Beef Or Chicken Satay
Satays, are a very popular snack in the south east asia. They are basically from Indonesia, but is now very much a part of singaporean and Malaysian cuisines. Generally, a street food, satays have come a long way into fine dining restaurants served with hot... - 47.3438
Chicken Ribbons Satay
Combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in small saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until smooth; cool.
Remove garlic from sauce; discard.
Reserve half of sauce for dipping.
Cut chicken... - 46.6043
Satay Chicken With Radish And Mint Salad
1. To season the wooden skewers, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes.
2. In a large dish or bowl, combine half the chopped shallots, coriander, cumin, turmeric, fish sauce and peanut butter.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of boiling water to make... - 46.3417
1) In a medium sized bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
2) Gently add tofu to this. Do not break up the tofu. Mix in so that the tofu is well coated with marinade.
3) Keep covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or preferably... - 46.3167
Turkey Satay With Peanut Sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine marinade ingredients and whisk with a fork to blend well.
2. To the marinade, add the cubed turkey and toss to coat meat with marinade.
3. Cover the bowl with clean wrap and refrigerate overnight or for six... - 45.7004
Place chicken in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Combine pineapple juice and next 4 ingredients; pour over chicken.
Seal bag, and marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
Soak 24 (6-inch) bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes; set... - 45.1961
Chicken Satay Singapore Style
1) Soak 24 bamboo skewers (12 inches long) in water overnight.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
3) Cut the chicken along the grain into strips, about 3 inches long and 14 inches wide.
4) Mix well with the marinade and let... - 44.9052
Satay Lembu is a simple and easy to make recipe. It is diffiuclt to explain how delicious this steak recipe is. The rich blend of mellowed flavors of the steak and herbs is simply heavenly! - 44.8118
Skewered Beef Satay
1. Slice the steaks into cubes of 1 inch each.
2. Take an earthenware or glass bowl and add the meat.
3. Put in soy sauce, peanut oil, onions, garlic and toasted sesame seeds.
4. Let the meat soaked in the mixture for 3 hours. Then,... - 44.7889
Chicken Pork Satay
Place chicken and pork in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Combine cream of coconut and next 6 ingredients; pour over meat.
Seal bag, and marinate meat in refrigerator 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Soak 24 (6-inch) bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes;... - 44.7125
Spiced Satay Pork
Remove rind and bones from chops, cut meat into thin slices.
Combine meat with onion, ginger, garlic, fennel, coriander, caraway and chilli; stand 30 minutes.
Thread meat onto skewers.
Barbecue until tender, brushing occasionally with a little oil.
Serve with... - 44.6408
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Satay
Here is the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Satay I tried last week. I was quite inhibitive in the beginning, however the aroma and taste of the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Satay erased all my inhibitios about this recipe. How about trying this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Satay? - 44.6334
Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
Flatten each slice by pressing with fingers.
Combine 3 tablespoons of the water, the cornstarch, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce and.
the sesame oil in medium bowl.
Add beef; mix to coat well.
Let stand 20... - 44.5027
Cut pork in 3/4-inch cubes.
In a large bowl mix together spices, vegetable oil, soy sauce and salt to make a paste; add pork.
With wet hands, knead mixture into pork.
Cover bowl and leave at least 2 hours.
To make Peanut-Chili Sauce, put coconut in a... - 44.3381
Easy Indonesian Satay
To make marinade, in medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except chicken, until smooth.
Reserve half of the marinade for use as the dipping sauce.
Add chicken strips to marinade.
Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour, turning chicken occasionally.
Thread... - 44.08
Mix the sugar, treacle (molasses) and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and oil and set aside.
Skin and bone the chicken breasts, then cut the meat into 1 1/2 cm./3/4 in.
Thread the cubes on to skewers and arrange the... - 43.9739
1. With a sharp knife cut the pork into 5 cm / 2 inch long strips.
2. In a large mixing bowl place the strips, add the salt, sugar, turmeric, coriander, cumin and 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and with clean hands mix well such that... - 43.9673
Chicken Mushroom Satay
1. Rinse the chicken breasts with water and dry them.
2. Cut each chicken breast into 4 squarish pieces.
3. Cut the red pepper into 2-inch squares to make 18 pieces.
4. In a steamer basket over boiling water, put the mushrooms.
5. Boil them for... - 43.9003
1)Cut beef kept in freezer for 30 minutes, into thin strips using a sharp knife.
2)In a bowl, add grated ginger and garlic. Put in soya sauce, vinegar, sherry, sesame oil and chilli powder. Now mix in the beef strips. Cover and let marinate for... - 43.7831
Beef Satay Sticks With Peanut Sauce
TRIM STEAK of excess fat and sinew.
Slice meat across the grain evenly into long, thin strips.
Thread meat strips onto skewers, bunching them thickly along three-quarters of the skewer; place satays in a shallow, non-metal dish.
Combine soy sauce, oil,... - 43.6701
Lamb Satay With Chilli Peanut Sauce
TRIM LAMB of excess fat and sinew.
1.Cut lamb into thin strips, thread onto skewers, bunching strips along three-quarters of the length.
Place satays in shallow non-metal dish.
Combine garlic, pepper, lemon grass, soy sauce, sugar and turmeric in a small... - 43.4977
Spiced Barbecued Beef Satay
1) Take a bowl and cut the steak into 1 inch (2 1/2- cm.) cubes and place in it.
2) Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the meat.
3) Stir occasionally and marinate for 1 hour.
4) Take two skewers and thread the meat on to... - 42.4048
Satay Peanut Sauce
If using lemongrass, remove tough outer stalks.
Smash inner stalks, thinly slice and mince finely.
In a wok or medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
Add lemongrass or lemon peel, chili peppers, shallots and garlic; fry 3 to 4 minutes or... - 42.0669
Cut pork, lamb, and chicken into 1/4 inch-wide strips, and place in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Combine teriyaki sauce and next 6 ingredients; pour over meat.
Seal bag, and shake until meat is well coated.
Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours,... - 42
Pork Satay With Yellow Rice And Peanut Sauce
To make the rice: In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions in the oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the turmeric, add the rice, and combine well.
Add the stock.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the... - 41.5042
Grilled Chicken And Shrimp Satay
Skewer the shrimp and chicken with water soaked bamboo skewers.
Place into a large shallow pan.
Heat the butter and oil in a sauce pan and saute the green onions and garlic until tender.
Place into a mixing bowl, combine with the parsley, white wine and... - 41.3352
Cut meat into 2cm pieces.
Combine soy sauce, cornflour, sugar, ginger and water in bowl, add meat, mix well, stand 1 hour.
Thread meat onto skewers.
Brush meat with oil, barbecue until well browned 'all over.
Serve with Satay Sauce.
Satay Sauce: Blend or... - 41.1156
Spicy Beef Satay
Place steak in freezer 30 minutes to firm; slice into Veto 1/4 inch-thick strips.
In shallow glass dish, combine soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, onion, garlic, sugar, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of the red pepper flakes.
Add beef strips; turn to coat with... - 41.0527
Miniature Pork Or Chicken Satay
Miniature Pork Or Chicken Satays is a yummy grilled meat preparation that will definitely be a winner at the next party you host. I served the Miniature Pork Or Chicken Satays last week for my friends farewell party colleagues and everyone loved it.... - 41.0229
In bowl, combine coconut cream, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, gingerroot, hot chili paste, sesame oil and garlic; mix until smooth.
Add shrimp and stir to coat well.
Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or for up to 2 hours in... - 40.9581
Gingered Beef Satays Over Brown Rice
In a medium bowl, combine the water, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, caraway seeds, coriander, turmeric, pepper and garlic.
Add the beef and onions, then stir until well combined.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring... - 40.4771
Thread chicken pieces on wooden skewers.
Make marinade by stirring together 1 tablespoon pea nut butter and remaining ingredients.
Place chicken pieces in marinade and leave overnight.
Remove skewered chicken and barbecue 3 to 4 minutes outdoors (basting... - 40.465
Satay pork is a grilled pork recipe, that hails from asia. Prepared with cubed pork marinated with oil and soy sauce withcurry powder, coriander and sugar to taste, the satay pork is usually served with a peanut sauce for dipping. - 40.2956
Singapore Satay Sauce
1) In a mortar or electric blender, crush together garlic, onion, peanuts, chillies, sugar and tamarind.
2) In a non-stick pan, fry the onion mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Add lemon juice, water, coconut milk and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
4)... - 40.2677
1) Dice the pork into 3/4-inch pieces.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together rest of the ingredients except the saus kacang.
3) Mix in pork, tossing it well and keep it aside, covered at room temperature for 2 hours.
4) In the meantime, cover 24... - 40.2523
Thai Pumpkin Satay
COMBINE pumpkin, milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, salt and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor; blend thoroughly.
Combine 1/2 cup satay sauce with chicken in medium bowl; cover.
Refrigerate 1... - 40.2067
Hot Prawn Satay
Adapted from Sharp Microwave and Convection Cookbook. - 40.1217
1. To prepare the meat cut it into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes and marinate in the marinade for at least 1 hour.
2. Soak the bamboo satay sticks in water for about 30 minutes.
3. Thread 3-4 meat cubes onto each bamboo satay stick.
4. Brush each... - 39.8855
Lamb With Satay Sauce
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat.
2. In a large bowl mix to combine lamb, parsley, oregano, cumin, tomato paste (puree), onions, bread crumbs and egg whites and.
3. Dividing the mixture into eight portions, shape each portion into a... - 39.5303
In a mixing bowl, blend the beef with the bread crumbs and egg.
Shape into small balls and skewer with bamboo skewers.
Place on a baking sheet.
Blend the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Pour over the meat balls.
Refrigerate for 3 1/2... - 39.503
1. In bowl, mix together onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and gingerroot.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice steak across the grain into strips 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick or less, add to bowl and stir to coat.
3. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours,... - 38.7218
Trim and slice the beef into thin slices.
Skewer the meat with bamboo skewers.
Place them into a large shallow pan.
In a mixing bowl blend the remaining ingredients; pour over the skewered beef.
Marinate covered in the refrigerator for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Grill... - 38.5304
Satay Chicken Pizzas
Satay Chicken Pizzas has a grand taste. Satay Chicken Pizzas gets its taste from chicken mixed with carrot and beans. Satay Chicken Pizzas is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 38.4778
Satay Salmon Patties
1.Combine salmon, potatoes, flour, garlic, ginger, lemon rind, chilli, soy sauce, curry paste, chilli powder, cumin and peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
2.Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
Shape salmon mixture into twelve patties.
Roll in sesame seed... - 38.0778
Satay With Peanut Sauce
Cut the pork fillet into small dice and thread 3 or 4 pieces on one end of wooden cocktail sticks.
Cook under a preheated hot grill for 1 minute on each side or until cooked through.
Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
Blend the chilli powder and water... - 37.8316
Pork Satay With Peanut Sauce
For the marinade, combine the brown sugar, curry powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and garlic in a shallow dish.
Trim the pork of all fat and silverskin.
Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
Place the pork in the marinade and let stand for 2 to 8 hours,... - 37.7557
1. Start by cutting the pork into 1x4x1/4-inch strips
2. In a bowl, combine the peanut oil along with the soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar and curry powder, now add in the pork, stir well and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours
3. Thread the... - 37.6711
Thai Pumpkin Satay
COMBINE pumpkin, milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in food processor or blender container.
Cover; blend thoroughly.
Combine 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture with chicken in medium bowl to... - 37.6295
Skewer the meat with bamboo skewers.
Place in a large shallow pan.
In a mixing bowl, blend the remaining ingredients.
Pour over the skewered beef.
Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Grill the skewers over high heat for 10-12 minutes, or... - 37.5894
In shallow glass dish, combine all ingredients except pork.
Add pork, turning to coat with marinade.
Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Drain pork; reserve marinade.
Thread pork on skewers.
Grill kabobs, on uncovered grill, over hot ... - 37.5629
1. Cut meat across grain into thin slices; flatten each slice by pressing with fingers.
2. Combine cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water, 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce and sesame oil; mix well. Add to meat in medium bowl; stir to coat well. Let stand 20 minutes.
3.... - 37.5022
Cut chicken into strips 2.5cm wide.
Combine remaining ingredients in shallow dish, add chicken, mix well, cover, stand several hours or refrigerate overnight.
Remove chicken from peanut mixture, place mixture into pan, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 15... - 37.2876
The Satay is chicken marinated with Thai sauce and skewered. Chicken cooked just right. It is wonderful juicy appetizer that would be an instant hit at your dinner. Treat your friends to this restaurant style delight cooked right at home. - 37.0422
Hot Satay Dip
Adapted from Sharp Microwave and Convection Cookbook. - 36.6156
Satay Chicken Burgers
Quarter pide widthways; cut each piece in half horizontally.
Place pieces, cut-side up, on oven tray; toast, on both sides, under heated grill until browned lightly.
Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, coriander and half the sauce in large bowl; shape into 4... - 36.4902
Barbecued Beef Satay
1. Wash and pat dry the beef
2. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes
3. In a large bowl, tip in the beer, onions, stock, lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, caraway, coriander, turmeric, red pepper, and garlic and mix well
4. Add the meat to the marinade... - 36.2857
Chicken & Beef Satay With Peanut Dipping Sauce
Thread the chicken and beef pieces on to small wooden skewers or cocktail sticks.
Place in a non-metallic dish.
Mix together the garlic and soy sauce, pour over the meat, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
For the peanut sauce, heat the oil in a non-stick... - 35.6994
1. Weave chicken, beef and pork strips onto skewers and place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
2. To make marinade, place soy sauce, lime or lemon juice, garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour marinade over skewers in... - 35.3661
1. Combine sugar, ginger, wine, oil and tumeric in large shallow dish. Cut chicken into slices, thread on to bamboo skewers, marinade in mixture for one hour.
2. Remove skewered chicken from marinade, place on rack in shallow dish. Cook on HIGH for eight... - 35.1073
Barbecued Beef Satay
Barbecued Beef Satay smelled great while I was cooking it. Barbecued Beef Satay also taste delicious. One dish really worth trying! - 35.1037
Satay Skewers With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Remove fat or sinew from meat; cut meat into 4- by 1/4 in (10 cm x 5 mm) strips.
In shallow nonmetallic dish, combine lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, gin gerroot, coriander and hot pepper flakes.
Add meat to marinade; turn to coat thoroughly with... - 35.062
1. Thread chicken onto lightly oiled bamboo skewers and place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine garlic, ginger, coriander and soy sauce and pour over skewers. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. To make sauce, place shallots or... - 34.734
Easy Satay Sharing Plate
1. Put the eggs into a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 mins. Put the carrot, cauliflower and beans into a metal colander, sit over the pan, cover with a lid or plate, then steam for 3-5 mins until just cooked. Cool the eggs in cold... - 34.6598
Pork Satays With Banana Sauce
1. Thread equal number of pork pieces on to 8 bamboo skewers. Combine peanut butter, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, coconut milk and Chilli sauce, brush satays with mixture, place in shallow dish on rack. Stand for ten minutes before cooking.
2.... - 34.5674
Skewer the meat with bamboo skewers, place in a large shallow pan.
In a mixing bowl blend the remaining ingredients.
Pour over the skewered pork marinade, covered in the refrigerator 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
Grill the skewers over high heat for 10-12 minutes, or... - 34.0856
Cut the pork into 1x4x1/4 inch strips.
Combine the 1/4 cup peanut oil with the soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar and curry powder.
Stir in the pork and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Thread the pork strips onto thin skewers.
Accompany with... - 34.0827
Cut meat into 3/4-inch cubes.
(If you use more than one kind of meat, put each in its own plastic bag.) Using metal blade, process garlic until chopped.
Add oil, soy, curry powder, and sugar; process for 3 seconds to blend, then pour over meat cubes (pouring... - 33.8754
Pork Satays With Plum Sauce
Trim pork; slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) strips.
Thread strips onto skewers; place on tray or platter.
Combine 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the plum sauce, soy sauce, oil, ginger and mustard; brush some of the mixture... - 33.8232
Minced Chicken Satay
1. In a food processor, whirl coconut, chilies, and 2 tablespoons hot water until finely ground.
2. Add spice paste, salt, pepper, and chicken; whirl until well mixed.
3. Trim root ends from lemon grass. Trim tops to make stalks 6 to 8 inches long. Remove... - 33.2733
Chicken Satays With Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
1. Preheat broiler or prepare a medium-hot fire in a barbecue grill. In a shallow dish, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, pepper flakes, and garlic. Add chicken and scallions and stir to coat.
2. Thread chicken and... - 33.2559
Peanut Pork Satay
1. Place pork cubes in glass bowl or heavy plastic bag.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine chutney, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger root, garlic, onion and lime juice. Process until smooth. Pour over pork cubes. Toss to coat with sauce. Cover and... - 32.5735
1 Soak 12 [12-inch) wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the shrimp and curry powder in a large bowl; mix well.
2 To make the sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, garlic, sugar, ginger, and pepper in a medium... - 32.3967
Marinate chicken for 1 to 24 hours and BBQ on skewers.
Serve with peanut butter sauce.
This makes a great hors d'oeuvre as well as a main course. - 31.9961
Combine lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce and ground coriander, beat well and pour over pork cubes. Marinate for 2-4 hours turning occasionally. Thread meat on to bamboo skewers, 4-6 cubes to each. Barbecue on a greased grill for 3-4 minutes each side, brushing... - 31.3027
1. Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the ground, almonds, ginger, turmeric, and sugar in a basin, add Coconut Milk and blend well. Add the pork pieces and stir well and marinate for at least 2 hours at room... - 31.2265
1. Thread equal quantities of meat onto 8 bamboo skewers, place in shallow dish. Puree remaining ingredients in blender or processor. Coat satays with mixture. Leave to stand covered for two to three hours.
2. Remove satays from marinade. Place on rack in... - 31.0781
1. Grind the Brazil nuts very fine, using a food mill, mortar and pestle or electric blender. Mix with the remaining ingredients except the pork and olive oil.
2. Cut the pork into one-and-one-half-inch cubes and add to the marinade. Mix well and let stand... - 30.8747
Indonesian Chicken Satay
1. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a barbecue grill. Soak 8 to 12 bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes in cold water. In a shallow dish, combine peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and hot pepper. Stir to blend well. Add chicken to peanut... - 30.6777
Slice liver, chicken and pork into thin strips; thread on to wooden kebab sticks.
Put peanut butter in saucepan with garlic and coconut, seasoning and 3/4 pint/450 ml boiling water.
Simmer for 10 mins.
Marinate meat in sauce for 30 mins.
Preheat grill then... - 30.3674
Shrimp With Creamy Satay Sauce
Combine all ingredients except cream and shrimp in a small saucepan.
Stir over gentle heat until well blended.
Remove from heat and stir in cream.
Soak 20 bamboo skewers in boiling water for 10 minutes (this will prevent them burning when barbecuing).
Thread... - 30.2879
Chicken And Vegetable Satay
1 Combine chicken with soy sauce and let marinate 15 minutes. Thread chicken, onion, red pepper and mushrooms onto satay sticks. Place on a sheet of foil and brush with orange juice.
2 Broil under medium heat until chicken is white. Baste with orange juice... - 30.1131
1. Place sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry, peanut butter and water in a bowl and mix to cnmbine.
2. Brush meat, poultry or fish with glaze and grill, barbecue, pan cook or bake. - 28.8083
1 Combine scallops with hoisin sauce. Thread onto skewers with diced onion. Place on sheet of foil and brush with a mixture of orange juice and soy sauce.
2 Broil under medium heat 2-4 minutes, until scallops are white. Brush with orange juice and soy sauce... - 27.669
Vegetables For Satay
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Trim ends off beans; cut beans into 3-inch lengths. Add beans to boiling water and cook until they are bright green and just tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and immerse... - 25.855
Place beef in a bowl and mix with sauce.
If made ahead, cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Thread beef evenly on 16 slender (10- to 14-in.-long) bamboo or metal skewers; reserve sauce.
Place beef on a lightly greased grill 4 to 6 inches above a solid bed of... - 24.6624
Satay Recipes By Category