- » Sardine
Sardine is a small sized oily fish belonging to the Clupeidae family which are akin to the herring and have a number of uses both culinary as well as commercial. The sardines are often referred to as pilchards ... More »
Spicy Sardine Filling
Sardine sandwich spread. This is a video showing how to prepare sardine filling ideal for sandwich. Mix the smoky sardines with vegetables and spice it up with a red curry powder to get a tasty mouth watering filling for bread. Easy to store and makes a quick... - 109.434
Easy And Delicious Ways To Prepare Sardines
Canned, pickled or smoked, sardines taste good no matter whichever way they are cooked. However, they are best prepared simply. This video shares a simple sardine recipe that is not only quick and easy to make, but makes for a flavorful addition to your... - 94.6426
What better way to get an overdose of Omega-3 fatty acids than pile your plate with sardines? And what better way to relish them then deep fry them till crispy and golden. Although it much seem to be easier done than said, it isn't clearly the case. Follow... - 86.6426
Tagliolini With Sardines
1) Chop the fennel greens and reserve. Trim the bulb, discard the tough outer stalks, and finely slice the bulb enough to make 1/4 cup.
2) Gently toss the sardines in the seasoned flour.
3) In a frying pan, gently fry the sardines in... - 45.6973
Sardine And Tomato Hash
1)Bake potatoes in hot oven.
2)In a small pan, fry garlic and spring onions for 2 or 3 minutes.
3)Add in celery and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
4)Rip basil leaves and add in. Now add sardines in tomato sauce. Stir to mix well.
5)Pour... - 45.2111
Preheat the barbecue to a medium heat.
Cut the heads off the sardines, then slit down the underside, open out the fish and place flesh-side down on a board.
Press down along the spine to flatten and loosen the backbone, then turn over and remove the... - 44.2079
Spinach And Sardine Mold
1. From spinach squeeze as much liquid as possible and place in a medium bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, stir gelatin and water well to combine and let it stand for 3 minutes.
3. Stir over low heat such that gelatin dissolves, then stir in bouillon cube... - 42.9864
1. Preheat oven to 220°C /425°F/ Gas Mark 7.
2. To prepare the sardines, wash, scale them and remove their heads.
3. Remove all the backbones after slitting them open.
4. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Into a... - 42.5848
In a saucepan, sweat the onion in the olive oil.
Add the breadcrumbs and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the currants, pine nuts and parsley.
Pour in the citrus juices and stir.
Season with black pepper and mix well.
Allow to cool.
Preheat... - 42.5574
1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and lemon juice and beat until soft and fluffy.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well to mix thoroughly.
3. Spoon into 6 individual dishes.
4. To freeze: cool quickly and then chill in the refrigerator... - 42.3071
Sardines With Haloumi And Spinach
Combine tomato, garlic and the oil in large baking dish; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 20 minutes or until tomato is browned lightly.
Cook fish on grill plate (or grill or barbecue) about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Cook haloumi on same... - 42.0119
Spinach And Fresh Sardine Plan
Wash the spinach and chard well, drain and cook the leaves in just the water which still clings to them for 4-5 minutes until limp.
Press between two plates to expel all excess water.
Chop the leaves and mix together with the eggs, cheese and garlic.
Grease a... - 41.9734
Sardines With Red Currant
1. Preheat the grill and line the grill rack with tinfoil 2-3 minutes before cooking.
2. Warm the redcurrant jelly in a bowl standing over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until smooth. Add the lime rind and sherry to the bowl and stir well until... - 41.8016
Baked Fresh Sardines
Baked Fresh Sardines is a delicious side dish recipe which I always love to have. I bet, once you have this Baked Fresh Sardines, you will always crave for some more. - 41.6133
Mathi Vattichathu Sardines Cooked Dry
1. Clean the sardines in salted water. Make a slit on the side and remove the inside portion of each fish. Make gashes on both sides of the fish.
2. Coarsely grind ingredients 1 to 8 and keep aside.
3. Mix the ground ingredients with coconut oil, shredded... - 40.5412
Iwashi No Kabayaki
Cook the rice, following the instructions given in gohan.
Meanwhile, remove the main bones from the sardines and splay open.
Wash in lightly salted water then transfer to a shallow dish.
Pour over the soy sauce and ginger and set aside at room temperature for... - 39.9086
Spread the bread with some of the butter.
Drain the oil from the sardines into a frying pan.
Mash the fish to a paste with the salad cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Use the fish mixture to make two sandwiches, then cut each one into quarters.
Beat the... - 39.7214
Baked Fresh Sardines
Pat fish dry.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grease large casserole with oil.
Arrange onions in layers on bottom of casserole.
Layer fish over onions.
Cover fish with tomato slices and pepper rings.
Sprinkle with chives.
Pour wine over fish and... - 38.6639
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice and chili sauce and whisk lightly until well blended.
2. Chill if not using immediately
3. Spread mayonnaise or dressing spread on one side of all the bread slices.... - 38.4689
1. Slice bread and or trim the crusts.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
3. In a bowl, combine the sardines, lemon juice and horseradish.
4. Mash the mixture using the back of a fork or spoon and blend well.
5. Spoon the mixture onto... - 37.416
Sardine Cartwheel has finger licking taste. The Herbed Mayonnaise with grated lemon peel gives the Herbed Mayonnaise a two dimensional taste. Must catch it. - 37.1246
Sardine Line Ups
1. Make sandwich spread blending sour cream and catsup
2. Refrigerate until required.
3. Spread tartare sauce on one side of bread slices.
4. Arrange slices, spread side up on clean work counter.
5. On each of 4 bread slices, layer a... - 36.6763
1 In a small bowl,blend mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice and chili sauce.
2 Spread over the bread.
3 Layer each of the 6 slices with sliced eggs, sardines and lettuce and top with the remaining bread.
4 Cut each sandwich into half;... - 36.5499
1. In a blender, add all the ingredients together.
2. Blend the mixture, until it becomes smooth.
3. Allow it to chill.
4. Once chilled, serve it over a bed of lettuce leaves. - 36.1358
Tray Baked Sardines
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
Grate the zest from 2 of the lemons and set aside in a small bowl.
Squeeze the juice from the zested lemons.
Put the sardines in an ovenproof dish.
In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and... - 35.9071
Fried Marinated Sardines
Cut heads off sardines.
Wash and dry fish thoroughly.
Spread flour on aluminum foil.
Coat sardines lightly with flour.
Heat 1/2 cup oil in a medium skillet.
Cook sardines over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
Drain on paper... - 35.6756
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
Arrange the sardines with their heads and tails alternating, along a shallow ovenproof dish.
Pour over the Tomato and Onion Cook-in-Sauce.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese down the centre of the dish.
Bake for 45... - 35.0987
Beat egg yolks until light; add sardines, bread crumbs, butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onions, green pepper and parsley.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; add to sardine mixture.
Place in greased baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30... - 35.0822
Check out this versatile and deliciously rich Sardine Appeteaser. Quick and simple to make, serve and delight in this Sardine Appeteaser whichever way you please! - 34.9733
Broiled Stuffed Sardines
– Preheat oven to broil.
– In a bowl, combine all ingredients except sardines and oil.
– Spoon stuffing into sardines, then place them, well spaced, in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
– Baste with oil. Broil each side for 5... - 34.8797
Toast bread; brush with butter.
Combine chili sauce, chili powder and garlic powder; spread on toast.
Cut each slice into 4 strips; arrange on baking sheet.
Place 1 sardine on each strip; sprinkle with lemon juice and cheese.
Broil 4 inches from source of... - 34.2385
Baked Pimento Sardine Quickies
Combine the egg, Worcestershire and milk.
Dip bread in this mixture and set on a greased cooky sheet.
Mix the mashed sardines with the lemon juice; spread some on each bread slice.
Soften cheese with the mayonnaise; stir in onion.
Spread this evenly over the... - 33.837
Sardines Grill A Vail
1. To gut and clean the sardines: insert the point of a small, sharp knife in the centre of the belly and cut along the belly to the gills. Cut off the head behind the gills, gently pulling the entrails of the fish away with it. Cut along the belly towards... - 33.5643
1. In a mixing bowl, mash the sardines with a fork, then blend in the butter to make a smooth paste. Add the lemon juice, olives, horseradish, garlic, mustard, paprika, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper, and the walnuts if used. Blend... - 32.2691
Fresh Sardine Snacks
Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, and tarragon together.
Lay the sardines in one layer in a nonmetal dish and pour over the lemon juice mixture.
Leave the sardines to marinate for 1-2 hours, turning them in the marinade occasionally.
Heat oil to a depth of... - 32.224
Grease a 1 1/2 quart (1.8 L) casserole with butter.
Cover bottom with a layer of thinly sliced, raw potatoes; brush with a bit of melted butter.
Place a layer of onions on top, then a layer of sardines.
Salt and pepper lightly.
Repeat layers, but change the... - 32.0315
The heads can be removed or left on the fish, but each sardine should be split along the belly and the intestines removed.
Peel the garlic and crush this finely as explained on the right.
Blend the garlic with the oil, half the parsley, the lemon juice and... - 31.9456
Sardine Toadstools has a terrific taste. The fish and mayonnaise gives the Sardine Toadstools an amazing taste. Sardine Toadstools is inspired by restaurants globally. - 31.7478
Sardines In Casserole
Rinse sardines under warm water.
Pour half the olive oil into a small casserole and layer in the onions.
Cover the onions with the sardines and top the sardines with the red peppers.
Add just a touch of salt and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
This is... - 31.5134
1) Arrange the sardines on a kebak skewer, smear with oil and season well with the salt and pepper.
2) Grill under a preheated grill for 10 min approx, turning at intervals.
3) Garnish with lemon... - 30.0488
Sardine Recipes By Category