- » Samosa
Samosa is an Indian fried pastry typically prepared with a spicy stuffing. The pastry shell that is framed in triangular or sometimes tetrahedral shape is generally made of refined wheat flour dough. However, the ... More »
1. Thaw the frozen puff pastry at room temperature, well in advance.
2. Cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces, slice the cabbage and cut the cauliflower in to florets.
3. Dice the onions and red pepper, set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 385... - 129.34
Stuffed Vegetable Puffs
Let’s take your taste buds for a trip to India! Nikita shows you how to prepare the traditional Indian teat-time snack, samosas! The recipe is a little elaborate and takes a while to prepare, so you will need to plan for this. Watch Nikita as she... - 125.339
How about serving a delicious South Asian snack for your next party? Definitely, if you want to please guests of all age this dish will just do it for you. The chef is showing the recipe in parts as the dish requires assembling of ingredients. She also shows... - 124.764
Samosa, Sambusa or Sambuus whatever you call it, is found all over the world. There are more known in Indian but the truth is that there are favorite in Africa too, Countries like Kenya, Samalia, Tanzania and so on love these snacks. Here a simple recipe... - 114.845
Dal Samosa - Mini - Lentil Samosa Or Pie
In the mood to have some nice and tasty snack, then you are at the right place. Check out these yummy dal samosas which is one of the most popular snacks of India. Chef Bhavna shows how to prepare the tasty dal samosas in a matter of few minutes, do check out... - 93.7186
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 86.3527
Samosa Part 1: Pastry And Filling
Manjula is making India's most popular snack using potato and peas filling. The recipe requires a lot of practice but if you don’t get to eat samosas in your part of the world then you should try making them at home. The chef is making them in the easiest... - 82.7323
Samosa Part 2: Stuffing And Deep Frying
Stuffing and Deep Frying Samosa is the second and the most important part of samosa recipe. It is really amazing to see Manjula stuffing the samosa in pastry with great ease. The video is well shot for the process of stuffing. The dish is a must try as an... - 80.5969
Madrasi Tacos And Quick Chowpati Samosas
If you are craving to get a bite of Indian food, here it comes! Straight from Chennai comes Bhal Dave's style of Tacos and samosas from chowpati. But the ingredients used can be right from the kitchen. When you want a snack, now you know where to go! - 61.0919
Methi Soya Paneer Samosa
Samosas are fabulous Indian snacks that most of us know. But Methi Soya Paneer Samosa is made using unconventional ingredients yet assuring a mix of flavours and great health values. The samosa can be a splendid surprise for guests or for dear ones over tea.... - 54.3786
Matar Aloo Samosa
Matar Alu Samosa (Pastry Stuffed With Peas And Potatoes) is a mouth watering recipe which you would surely want to get to your guests attention. This great tasting and easy to prepare recipe will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. So make sure you... - 52.5743
King of Indian Snacks for all occasions. - 51.7988
Murghi Ke Tikone
1)In a large wok, heat ghee to smoking point.
2)In a mixing bowl, add flour, 1/4 cup ghee and water to make medium dough.
3)Divide into 6 portions, flatten and roll out each into a thin disc and then cut it into half. Cover with damp... - 49.9832
This samosa is very easy to make and will come very nice for the first time itself. I do this with the tortillas which we get in all American grocery stores. Even bachlors can try this samosa and enjoy it. - 48.8886
The vegetable samosa is a popular Indian snack that you would love to have at tea time. Enjoy making it at home and treating your family and friends to something special for tea today. - 47.535
Minced Meat Samosas
1. For making the samosa dough, sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In the center of the flour make a well, add the melted butter and yoghurt and knead such that the dough is consistent and free from cracks and set aside.
3. For making the... - 47.3092
Soften onion in 2 tablespoons water.
Saute in butter.
Add spices and stir and cook for 1 minute.
Add tomato, lamb, and salt.
Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add water and lemon juice, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
Turn out onto a plate to... - 47.2691
1. Sift flour. Rub in fat. Add salt, cold water and make a fairly soft dough.
2. Set aside, covered, for at least half an hour.
3. Boil potatoes in their jackets. Peel and chop into small pieces.
4. Chop green chillies and onions finely.
5. Heat about 50 ml.... - 45.8365
1. Sift flour. Add salt. Rub in fat.
2. Add enough water to make a soft dough. Knead well and set aside covered for at least half an hour.
3. Dice potatoes and carrot. Shell peas.
4. Peel and chop fine, onions, garlic, ginger. Chop chillies and coriander.
5.... - 45.7879
Samosas are one of the most popular Indian Appetizers. This is a quick and easy recipe for baked Samosas. - 45.6717
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour with a pinch of salt.
2. Use a round bladed flat knife to cut the butter into the flour. The flour should start to resemble large breadcrumbs
3. Gradually add the milk to the flour and bind together to... - 45.0318
Cocktail Paneer Samosa
1. Mix maida, suji, salt, baking pd. and ghee.
2. Add a few tbsp of water and knead to form a stiff dough.
3. Keep covered for 1/2 hour.
4. Heat oil. Put off the fire. Add ginger. Add salt, red chilli pd, garam masala, zeera, and amchoor. Return to fire.
5.... - 44.9235
Put the coconut, sugar, cashews, raisins and evaporated milk into a small, heavy-based saucepan and pace over a medium heat. Stir and mix the ingredients thoroughly and as soon as the milk starts bubbling reduce the heat to low. Cook uncovered until the... - 44.2188
1 For the Filling: In a pan, boil the potatoes.
2 Peel and cut into small pieces.
3 In a pan, heat the ghee.
4 Add in the potatoes, spices, chopped coriander, peas and salt.
5 Cook for about 2 minutes.
6 Allow to cool.
7 In a bowl, sift... - 44.2158
For Dough :
First knead the dough with warm water by mixing all the dough ingredients.
For Filling :
1. Take mashed potatoes, mix lemon juice, salt and sugar.
2. Now crush other ingredients in mixer for half a minute (be careful we want to just crush it not... - 44.1833
Cocktail Samosas With Liver Stuffing
1. Sift flour, add salt. Rub in fat. Add enough water to make a soft dough.
2. Knead well and set aside covered for at least half an hour.
3. Saute chopped onions and bacon in melted butter.
4. Add chicken liver cut into small pieces.
5. When cooked, add... - 44.008
1. Finely chop the onion, deseed and chop the chilies and finely chop the ginger.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion and ginger, then fry until the onion is tender and translucent but not browned.
3. Add the chilies, crushed garlic,... - 43.3761
1. Slice onions, green chillies and ginger into small pieces.
2. Grind dhania, chilli powder and pepper into a fine paste.
3. Slice beetroot into small pieces.
4. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
5. Roast ginger, onion and green chillies in non stick pan.
6.... - 43.2477
To prepare the filling, heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onions until soft.
Stir in the potatoes and all the spices.
Fry for a few minutes, then add the peas and lemon juice.
Set aside to cool.
Work with one sheet of filo dough at a time, keeping the... - 42.9008
Sift the flour with a pinch of salt, then rub in the butter until the -mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in the milk and knead thoroughly until a smooth dough is formed.
Cover with a plate and leave for 1 hour.
Fry the onion and garlic powder in the... - 42.672
Mix the flour, suet, salt and water to a firm dough .
Roll out and cut into eight 3-inch circles.
Cut the lamb into pieces and chop very finely .
Chop the onion finely .
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and curry powder for 5 minutes, stirring... - 42.5162
Saute the meat in a heavy skillet for about six to eight minutes, adding a little oil, if necessary.
Add the onions and saute ten minutes more.
Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, garlic, salt and the spices.
Work with one sheet... - 42.2689
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat, add mixed vegetables, potato, masala paste, chilli, salt, water, stir, cover, cook on low until potato is tender (approx 5 mins).
Increase heat to cook off excess water, adjust salt, chilli to taste, set aside to... - 41.9419
1. Combine all the dough ingredients and make into a stiff dough.
2. Heat a pan and saute onions.
3. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
4. Sharpen with lemon juice.
5. Add chopped coriander and seasoning. Cool.
6.... - 41.9098
1. Make a smooth dough with flour, salt and butter.
2. Chop green chillies and onions. Chop the carrots, beans and potatoes into small pieces.
3. Heat the fat. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the vegetables, chopped onions, green chillies and... - 41.7906
This wonderful crispy snack does not need any introduction because of its popularity, once tried you will like to have it every day - 40.6001
Roller Coaster Samosas
1. Mix maida, salt. Make a stiff dough with lukewarm water. Cover and keep aside.
2. Mash the potatoes well with all filling ingredients.
3. Roll a circle of dough (like chapati) about 1 cm thick.
4. Spread the filling over dough circle, leaving 1/2 inch from... - 40.2212
Mix flour thoroughly with butter, coriander, and salt.
Add warm water slowly until a stiff but smooth ball of dough forms.
Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead for about 5 minutes.
Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile,... - 39.9166
Boil the peas until soft, strain and leave aside.
Pare, wash and dice potatoes.
Melt the butter and brown the sliced onion, add the diced potatoes and cook a little before adding the peas, chilli powder, salt.
Close the lid firmly and allow to cook in its own... - 39.0552
(For the Filling)
Heat oil and fry all the ingredients over low heat till it is cooked. Remove heat and let it cool.
(For the pastry)
Rub ghee into sieved flour and salt. Add enough water to make soft, pliable dough. Knead thoroughly till dough comes... - 38.1617
1. Sift flour, add salt. Rub in fat. Add enough water to make a soft dough. Knead well and set aside, covered, for at least half an hour.
2. Dice potatoes and carrot. Shell peas and chop chillies. Chop onions, garlic, ginger and coriander leaves finely.
3.... - 37.9687
Masala Prawn And Vegetable Samosas
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Keep the sheets of pastry rolled together under a damp cloth as otherwise they dry out fast and become difficult to work with. Rinse the prawns and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix together the... - 37.7336
Feeling hungry? Want to Snack? Then Samosas is the perfect choice. You can prepare this in no time and it is simply heavenly to bite into one of these crispy samosas! Try this excellent Samosas recipe! - 36.1596
The vegetable samosa is a popular Indian snack and is one of my favorite tea time treats. It is pastry filled with an assortment of vegetables of your choice. Here is an easy guide to making the samosa in your very kitchen. - 36.0151
These deep-fried pastries contain a spicy filling which can be meat or vegetable; they are delicious as appetizers or snacks.
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in enough water to bind to a... - 35.4
Curried Vegetable Samosas
1. Put the peas into a heatproof jug and pour over boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Cook the onion over a medium heat until soft. Stir in the curry powder, peas, potato, tomato puree and tomato. Season. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring... - 34.5359
Mix all ingredients together.
Put spoonfuls on squares.
Fold over and seal edges with water.
Deep fry as for Nimkis. - 31.9866
Potato Samosa Tartlets
Make the filling: In a large skillet cook the onion, the chilies, the gingerroot, the curry powder, the chili powder, the cumin, the cloves, the cinnamon, and the salt in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened.
While the o - 31.9722
Potato Stuffed Samosa
India’s popular snack which you can find in every restaurant or on a roadside stall. A comfort food at its best, crisp exterior with a spicy potato stuffing. - 0
Aloo Stuffed Samosa
Aloo stuffed samosa is a popular Indian snack prepared by stuffing maida (all purpose flour) based shell with mashed potato and then deep frying the dumpling in hot oil. - 0
Sweet Potato And Cauliflower Samosas
These samosas though not made in a traditional way has loads of flavor in it. With the mild sweetness from the sweet potatoes and cauliflower, it is also spicy. A good appetizer which can be served as a snack also. - 0
1. In a pan, heat the sesame oil and add in the onion. Sauté for a few seconds.
2. Add in the potatoes, followed by turmeric, coriander and cumin powder.
3. Add in the ginger – garlic paste, cilantro, fresh lemon juice and salt and sauté well.... - 0
Samosa - Indian Snack
Want to enjoy something flaky and crunchy with your evening tea? Then this samosa recipe is just perfect to beat that afternoon slurp! - 0
Samosa / How To Make Samosas At Home
Samosa recipe: Learn how to make veg samosas at home with this cooking video. Veg Samosas are the most popular Indian snack/appetizer. It's basically all purpose flour dough, filled with potato stuffing and spices and then deep fried. - 0
Samosa Recipes By Category