- » Sambar
Sambar is a spicy stew made of arahar dal (a popular pulse in India), lots of vegetables and tamarind. The Sambar recipe is a popular South Indian dish which is now a common one throughout India. Each southern state ... More »
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
An easy sambhar recipe that is sure to make cooking this popular South Indian dish very simple. Sambhar is a combination of lentils and vegetables cooked with the traditional Indian condiments and spices. The sambhar is the perfect accompaniment for your... - 101.279
Home-made Idlis & Sambhar
South Indian delicacies can be prepared with ease at home with Bhal Dave's quick guide to make Idlis and sambhar. Healthy sambhar has been cooked with lentils and vegetables and served with hot puffed idlis. If it sounds this mouthwatering, imagine how... - 75.3743
Wash the toor dhaal, place in a heavy-based saucepan and add the ground coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, fenugreek and water.
Cover the pan and cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent it overflowing.
Once the toor dhaal is... - 46.8558
1. Wash gram and boil in water with turmeric powder.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks and ladies fingers into even-sized pieces; slice onions.
3. When gram is cooked add vegetables.
4. Lightly fry in a little oil, coriander seeds, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 45.2065
Sambmar is very common south indian dish. The drumsticks and peppercorns gives the Sambmar a divine taste. Must catch it. - 44.791
Bisi Bele Huliyana Sambar Bhath
1. Cook red gram till very soft.
2. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
3. Fry spices, coconut and other gram in a little fat and grind to a soft paste.
4. Add the spices, garam masala, curry leaves and washed rice to cooked gram. Add salt.
5. Add sufficient hot... - 43.9386
Put the dal into the cooker with the curry leaves, turmeric and salt.
Close the cooker.
Let it come to maximum pressure.
After it whistles, turn down the heat and cook 12 minutes.
Let the pressure reduce on its own.
Open the cooker, stir the dal and check... - 43.534
1. Roast coriander seeds, fenugreek, cumin, red chillies, Bengal gram and black gram.
2. Grate coconut. Roast and grind to a fine paste with the Toasted masala.
3. Clean and wash red gram. Boil till soft.
4. Add cut and prepared vegetables and spices;... - 43.3269
1. Wash the red gram and boil with turmeric powder. Mash when tender.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks into 5 cm. pieces.
3. Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water for about half an hour, extract the juice and strain it.
4. Add to the tamarind juice, sambar powder, salt,... - 43.279
1)Take a pressure cooker, add dal and 2 cups of water and cook ( 3 whistles).
2)In a saucepan, add sambhar powder and water and bring to the boil.
3)Decrease heat and add salt and tamarind juice and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
4)Add vegetables and... - 43.028
Sambar With Sambar Powder
1. Cook the washed pigeon peas with turmeric powder in 3 cups water.
2. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water.
3. Cook vegetables in 2 cups water. When the vegetables are cooked, strain and pour in the tamarind extract and the sambar powder.
4. Allow it to boil for... - 42.54
Wash, scrape and cut the radish into ¼” thick roundels.
Pressure cook the radish with potato cubes, tuvar dal, slit green chilis, and turmeric powder .
Add tamarind pulp, tomato puree or chopped tomatoes , salt and 1 cup water(if too thick).
Boil for... - 41.2357
1. Boil dal. Add vegetables cut into even sized pieces, and powdered spices, and cook till vegetables are tender.
2. Add tamarind juice extracted in a cup of hot water. Bring to boil. Test for seasoning and remove.
3. Heat clarified butter in a frypan. Add... - 39.9197
Celery Sambar has a tangy taste. Celery Sambar gets its rich flavor from tur dhal mixed with coconut red chili and flavored with tamarind. Celery Sambar is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 39.816
Boil veggies of your choice a keep aside.
Pressure cook Toor Dal, tomatoes green chillies & oniond for up to 4 whistles
Soak handful Tamarind in 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
Heat 1 tbs oil in a deep vessel. Add the boiled veggies & saute for a min
Add the... - 38.4876
Grind all spices individually, except asafoetida.
Mix and place in a large tray.
Make a well in the centre and place asafoetida in it.
Pour boiling oil on top and crush it completely with a wooden spoon.
Mix well and cool.
Store in an airtight glass jar. - 37.4865
Cook Tur Dal in two cups of water, when half cooked add pieces of drumstick, potato, brinjal, lady's finger, onion, tomato pieces, and salt. Cook till dal is very soft. Dissolve sambar masala in little water and add it to the cooked vegetables. Take the pulp... - 36.789
Best sambar Powder
Dry all ingredients in the sun or roast without oil individually.
Powder chillies separately.
Powder rest of the ingredients to a smooth mixture and pass it through a fine sieve.
Add a pinch of salt and mix chilli powder according to taste.
Store in an... - 35.5806
Easy Sambar Powder
Clean and dry in sun or roast without any oil, all ingredients except red chillies.
Remove the stems and roast red chillies lightly on a tava (skillet) with very little oil.
Powder all the ingredients finely.
Sieve all the powdered spices and mix together... - 34.5274
Sambhariya Bheeda ( Lady Fingers Cooked In Sambar Masala )
1. Wash the lady fingers. Top and tail them. Cut into one inch pieces. Apply salt and set aside.
2. Place the chopped onions in a vessel alongwith half a cup of oil. Cook over a medium flame till pale brown in colour. Toss in all the spices and the coconut... - 29.9191
Dry roast the ingredients and grind them fine in a dry grinder.
While this masala keeps good for long it is best used when Fresh. - 28.4232
Roast separately and powder all together. - 23.9876
Homemade Sambar Powder
1. Dry all the ingredients well in the sun.
2. Powder and store in airtight containers. - 23.9659
Sambhar Masala Powder : Indian Masala
Learn how to make fresh Sambhar Masala Powder at home which is a versatile powder made by roasting whole Indian spices and is used quite often in South Indian Cooking. It has a great flavor and good shelf life. - 0
Sambar Recipes By Category