- » Sambal
Enjoy our collection of sambal recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for sambal recipes.
Have you ever tasted Indonesian Sambol - if not, then you must try this recipe. Prepare at home, so that you can control the level of spiciness in this condiment. But, it is really hot and spicy. Watch the video and try it today. - 142.454
Authentic Sambal Bajak
Sambal Bajak, is a very versatile condiment to almost the entire Indonesian cuisine. Quite spicy in nature, this sambal is a global craze for satay lovers. - 47.2867
Sambal Lodeh Goreng
1) Cube beancurd and tempe.
2) In a skillet heat oil and brown beancurd and tempe separately.
3) Take it out of pan and drain.
4) In the pan add oil and fry onions until brown. Remove and drain.
5) In a skillet, fry rempah until... - 45.8794
1) Use a food chopper to grind garlic, celery, onion, green pepper, and cucumber.
2) Press through a sieve so that the juice comes out.
3) Add salt, ginger, turmeric, cumin seed, and chili powder over the vegetables and mix well.
4) Blend in tomato... - 45.5906
1) Skin and de-vein prawns.
2) In a bowl put prawns and season with sugar and salt.
3) Using electric red chilli, shallots, lemon grass, candle nut and shrimps paste to a smooth paste.
4) Make 1-cup tamarind juice and strain it.
5) In a... - 45.0339
1) In a bowl mix together the onions, garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, ginger and lemon rind.
2) Chop or pound the mixture to a paste.
3) In a saucepan heat oil sautÃ© the coconut and spice paste until lightly browned, stirring... - 44.5851
1) In a large saucepan, cook the mackerel in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
2) Drain the fish and flake it coarsely.
3) In a large saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© chilli peppers, ginger, onions, garlic, saffron and cumin for 10... - 44.2012
Carrot Cucumber Sambal With Chicken
Place brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, serrano, cilantro, gingerroot, molasses, and garlic for the vinaigrette in a food processor.
With machine running, slowly drizzle in peanut oil until mixture is blended.
Combine cabbage, chicken, cucumber, carrot,... - 43.1839
1. Roast and powder red chillies. Roast and powder prawns. Pound maldive fish.
2. Peel and slice onions, chop garlic and ginger and slit green chillies. Extract 4 cups coconut milk.
3. Squeeze tamarind in coconut milk.
4. Heat half the oil in a pan. Fry half... - 42.5335
Chick Pea Sambal
Wash the peas, pour boiling water over them and leave to soak for at least 1 hour.
Fry the onion in the melted butter in the uncovered cooker until just transparent, then fry the spices.
Add the potato and cookfor a few minutes.
Put the drained peas in the... - 41.2809
Tumis Sambal Siput
1) In a skillet, heat 4 tbsp oil and fry rempah until fragrant.
2) Add a drop of water to avoid sticking and burning.
3) Add mussels or cockles.
4) In a skillet, fry over high flame for 2-3 minutes until shells burst open.
5) Garnish with... - 36.4546
Cover the freshly grated coconut with boiling water.
Let stand until cold.
Drain through clean cheesecloth and save for use later.
Saute the garlic in butter.
Remove the garlic when browned, and blend the flour into the butter.
Add the curry powder and let... - 36.1696
I found out an amazing way to use potatoes by making this dish. Treat your near and dear ones with this amazing Potato Sambal as a Side Dish . This Indian recipe is a delight to serve and enjoy. Trust me! I am saying that you must try this recipe. - 35.8213
Egg And Tomato Sambal
1) In a non-stick pan, saute the onion until light browned.
2) Mix in the tomatoes and chilli.
3) Add the eggs and stir well.
4) Season to taste and cook for 3 minutes more.
5) Remove from heat.
6) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions,... - 35.022
Sambal Goreng Telur
Hard-boil the eggs, then shell and halve them.
Set them aside.
Put the onion, garlic and chillis into a blender and blend to a rough puree.
Heat the oil in a large, shallow saucepan.
When it is hot, add the onion puree and fry, stirring frequently, for 2... - 34.4887
1. Peel cucumber. Remove seeds and cut into fine strips.
2. Soak in salted water.
3. After a few minutes squeeze out water.
4. Slice onions and chillies.
5. Mix all ingredients together. - 34.0761
Sambal Goreng Udang
Heat butter, fry onion and garlic until they change colour.
Add shelled, deveined prawns (shrimps), sambal oelek, ginger and beans, which have been sliced diagonally, thinly and evenly.
Cook about 3 minutes; add coconut milk.
Stir continually to avoid... - 33.3022
1) In a bowl, soak the shrimps covered in water, for 24 hours.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and saute onions until golden brown.
3) Stir in the chilli-€™s and shrimps and saute for 5 to 10 minutes until shrimps are cooked.
4) Season with... - 32.5233
1. Grind the onion, garlic, celery, cucumber and green pepper in a food chopper, using the finest knife. Turn into a sieve and press out the juice. (The juice may be added to tomato juice, soup, sauces, stews.)
2. Sprinkle salt, turmeric, ginger, chili powder... - 31.6429
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
When it is hot, add the onions and garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
Add the chicken livers and fry until they lose their pinkness.
Stir in all the remaining ingredients and bring to... - 30.9308
1. In a large skillet saute the chicken livers in peanut oil over high heat until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove the livers from the skillet.
2. Reduce the heat and add the garlic, ginger and shallots. Cook until the vegetables are soft,... - 30.6669
Sambals are served as an accompaniment to curries and other Indian dishes in the same way we serve a relish.
You can use any left-over cooked vegetable, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, fish, or seafood in the dressing.
Combine with the dressing for 1 hour before... - 29.4017
Spicy Sambal Dressing
1) In a skillet, saute the onions, garlic, turmeric, cumin, chili peppers and salt in the oil over a very low heat, until the mixture is soft but not brown.
2) Use the Sambal Dressing as required. - 29.0528
Simmer cucumbers in water in covered saucepan, about 15 minutes or until tender.
Cool and chop coarsely.
Combine with remaining ingredients.
Chill for 2 hours before serving - 28.2422
1. To prepare in a mortar, pound nuts to a coarse paste. Mince chiles, onion, and garlic and add to mortar with shrimp paste and sugar. Pound mixture to a coarse paste. To prepare in a food processor, combine macadamia nuts, chiles, onion, garlic, shrimp... - 28.0988
Hot Pepper And Celery Sambal
Wash chilies and cut off stems.
Cut open and remove seeds, taking care that chilies or juice do not touch face or eyes (or they will burn).
Chop chilies fine and wash hands thoroughly after handling.
Combine chopped chilies, pepper, celery, and lemon juice... - 27.4887
Sambal Mint Paste
1) Take a food processor bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
2) Process until the mixture is blended to a paste.
3) Use as required. - 26.9241
Cut peppers open.
Discard stems and seeds.
Finely chop peppers.
In a small bowl combine the red and green hot peppers, tomatoes, shallots or green onions, lime peel, and juice.
Cover; chill till serving time. - 25.7012
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, shallots, garlic, and chilies. Stir often until vegetables are limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add anchovy paste and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir occasionally until... - 24.2171
Mix the tomatoes and onion in a serving bowl.
Blend the lemon juice with the sugar and salt and sprinkle over the tomatoes and onion.
Garnish with chopped parsley. - 23.3125
1. To prepare in a mortar, pound chiles and salt to a coarse paste. To prepare in a blender or food processor, chop chiles to a coarse paste; add salt partway through blending.
2. Transfer to a jar and store covered in a cool place. It will keep for up to 2... - 14.389
Sambal Recipes By Category