- » Salted Cod Fish
Salted Cod Fish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of salted cod fish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for salted cod fish recipes.
Eggplant And Salt Cod
This eggplant and salt cod is one of my faavorite fish combos. I love cod and eggplant and this recipe makes a perfect amalgamation of these two. The cod is cooked with garlic, tabasco and tomato paste along with cooked eggplant and flavored with lime juice.... - 45.3254
Jamaican Spinach And Salt Fish
When it’s snowing outside, a tropical meal is the call of the hour. Chef therefore makes Jamaican Spinach and salt fish with cod fish, plantains and yellow yam. He is a very flexible cook who knows to find alternatives and gives the freedom to alter the... - 97.7502
Salt Cod Salad (mormarinee)
Put cod into a sieve and slowly pour 2 quarts very hot water over it.
Shred fish and remove all bones and skin.
Add peppercorns, clove, nutmeg, pepper pods, julienne of pepper, shallots, and garlic; mix well.
Add olive oil and vinegar; mix again.
Marinate 3... - 40.7516
Salt Cod Bologna-style
Salt Cod Bologna-Style has a fine taste. Salt Cod Bologna-Style gets its taste from cod mixed with flour and cloves, flavored by lemon juice. Salt Cod Bologna-Style is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 40.6559
Scrambled Eggs With Salt Cod
In a mortar, pound together to a paste the parsley, onion, garlic, and pepper pod.
Mix this seasoning paste with the shredded cod.
Heat oil in a skillet, add fish mixture, and brown it, adding hot milk.
In another skillet, scramble eggs to a soft consistency... - 29.9036
Creamed Salt Cod Provencale
Soak the fish in cold water overnight.
Put the fillets in a pan, cover with cold water and add a bay leaf if liked.
Bring the water to the boil and simmer very gently for 10-15 minutes.
Drain thoroughly and remove any bones and skin.
Break the fish into... - 43.9961
Salt Cod, Chickpea, And Potato Soup
1) In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil, over medium heat.
2) To the hot oil, add the garlic.
3) Saute it, stirring often, for a while.
4) Stir in the onion, and saute it, until tender.
5) Then, add the potato, and saute for a minute.
6)... - 47.5918
Salt Cod Cakes
Soak salt cod in enough cold water to cover for 12 hours, changing water once.
Chop the cod.
In covered saucepan cook cod and potatoes in a large amount of boiling water for 15 minutes; drain.
In mixer bowl beat cod and potatoes with electric... - 37.7427
Scrambled Egg And Salt Cod Hash
1) Diagonally shred the cod to about 1/4 inch thick slices and keep aside.
2) Cover the potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
3) Drain the potatoes, when done and keep aside.
4) In a large... - 41.0575
Portuguese Salt Cod And Potatoes
Soak cod in cold water 24 to 48 hours, or until very moist.
Change water 2 or 3 times; drain.
Simmer, covered, in water just to cover 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Remove skin and bones and flake fish in large pieces.
Boil potatoes in... - 46.351
Baked Salt Cod With Potatoes & Fennel
Place salt cod in a large bowl.
Cover with cold water; refrigerate 24 hours, changing water several times.
Break cod into chunks; place in a large saucepan.
Cover with cold water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until cod tests... - 42.765
Salt Cod With Leeks
Put the salt cod in cold water to soak for 24 hours, changing the water frequently.
Drain the salt cod and cut into pieces.
Put the fish in a dish and add the pepper, milk and butter.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Remove the tough green part of... - 43.7756
Italian Salt Cod Spread
The salt cod spread is a traditional Venetian recipe, super-tasty and great to serve with polenta! - 127.459
Caribbean Salt Cod Fritters
Join Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, on a tour of the beautiful Caribbean Islands as she makes one of her favorite island seafood recipes - salt cod fritters using pacific salt cod. These delicious morsels are also known as "acara" and "stamp 'n go". You... - 99.6464
Spanish-style Salt Cod
Soak cod in water 12 hours; rinse.
Simmer in water till tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove bones and skin; flake into large pieces.
In skillet cook onion, pepper, and garlic in oil till tender.
Stir in flour; cook till lightly browned.
Add tomatoes, 1/4... - 45.187
Salt Cod And Parsnips
Wash the fish and soak it in cold water for 12 hr or longer if very salty, changing the water every 3 or 4 hr.
Cover the fish with cold water and bring slowly to simmering point, then reduce heat and cook very gently for 20 min., or until the fish leaves the... - 22.0344
Salt Cod With Almonds And Pine Kernels
1. Drain the salt cod
2. Wipe it dry on the kitchen paper
3. Flour the fish
4. Fry the fish on both sides in olive oil till done
5. In a blender, puree the almonds, pine kernels, garlic and tomatoes.
6. Add the mixture to the fish
7. Tip... - 42.8989
Salt Codfish A La Abad
The salt codfish a la abad is a gourmet codfish recipe prepared with salt cod. Coated with egg and flour, the cod is fried and baked with alternating layers of sliced and fried potatoes topped with a sauce of vinegar, oil, onions and parsley seasoned with... - 50.6304
Salt Cod And Potato Gratin With Garlic And Herbs
Rinse all the loose salt off the bakalidros, salt cod side, then soak for 24 hours.
Some people put it in a large bowl under running water, but I prefer an even larger bucket, as you can cover the dried fish well with a greater amount of water to dissolve the... - 43.475
Creamed Salt Cod
1. Put the fish and potatoes in an enamel or agate saucepan, pour the cream or milk over them, add a little water the liquid should just cover the fish and potatoes. Add the onion and lemon juice. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
2.... - 29.3276
Salt Cod Croquettes
1. Soak the cod in cold water for 24 hours. Rinse well under running water. Drain.
2. Cook the potatoes for 25 minutes in salted water. Peel them.
3. In a saucepan filled with boiling water, poach the cod fillets for 2 minutes. Drain, remove the bones and... - 36.5759
Salt Cod And Squid Stew
1. In a pot, cover potatoes with cold water, bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender but still a bit firm, approximately for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, reserving 1 cup of their cooking water, rinse under cold water and set... - 44.1696
Salt Cod In Tomato Sauce
If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
Place fish in enamel or stainless steel pan or glass bowl.
Cover with cold water; refrigerate 12 to 24 hours, changing water 3 or 4 times.
Cook and stir onions in oil until tender.
Add tomatoes, garlic and... - 41.2229
Salt Cod Salad With Avocado
Place the fish in a large bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak for 2 hours, changing the water twice.
Place the fish in a pan with fresh cold water to cover and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes, then drain.
Remove the skin and bones and... - 41.9886
Dried Salted Cod
After having soaked the fish for at least 12 hours,1 changing the water twice, put the cod in a pan, cover with cold water, adding 2 or 3 slices of lemon and a small bayleaf.
Heat briskly, and the moment the water bubbles, and a white scum forms on the... - 17.206
Jamaican Salt Cod And Akee
1) Pre-soak the cod in water to cover for about 12 hours and drain off.
2) Add enough fresh water to cover and cook until flaky and just cooked through.
3) Drain again and discard any skin and bones.
4) Flake the fish to make sure it is... - 40.5519
Portuguese Salt Cod
Soak the cod overnight.
Rinse well, drain and put the cod into a saucepan with just enough fresh cold water to cover.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are tender and the fish... - 43.2631
Brandade Of Dried Salt Cod
Soak the salt cod for at least 12 hours, changing the water twice, then cook the cod as above, let it drain in a colander, and keep it hot.
Peel and boil some floury potatoes (i.e.
King Edwards) in the same water as you have used for the fish.
While the... - 32.5611
Spanish Yellow Rice With Cod Fish
Attempt a Spanish rice with some fish over the weekend if your willing to try new flavors. If the Spanish fiesta beckons you then watch this video for more! - 83.4584
Creamed Salt Codfish
Make white sauce, reducing-flour and fat to 1 1/2 tablesp each per 1 c milk, and omitting salt.
Shred codfish by pulling it apart with 2 forks or cutting it with scissors.
Freshen it following manufacturer's directions.
Drain, cover with cold water, and... - 26.333
Wash fish, pat dry, and place in a medi um glass baking dish.
Sprinkle the juice of 1 lemon over the fish.
Garnish with the toma toes and remaining lemons cut into slices.
Wash the mushrooms and place around the fish.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add mar... - 40.4228
Baked Breadfruit Boats With Salt Fish Cakes
If you are fond of trying new recipe ideas, then we have something out there for you. Baked breadfruit boats along with delicious and crunchy salt fish cakes is definitely a must try recipe. Our chefs demonstrate how to make them easily and also give helpful... - 123.211
Portuguese Cod Fillets
In 1-quart saucepan heat 1 teaspoon oil; add onion and garlic and saute until onion is softened.
Add green pepper and saute for 3 minutes longer.
Add tomatoes, wine, and olives; cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle both sides... - 36.8656
If fish fillets are large, cut into 5 serving pieces.
Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Mix melted margarine, the lemon juice, onion powder and paprika.
Dip fish into margarine mixture.
Place in ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
Pour remaining... - 43.0297
Baked Cod Livornese
Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
In 10-inch skillet heat oil; add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 1 minute.
Add mush-rooms and cook until mushrooms are just tender, about 2 minutes; add wine and bring to a boil.
Add tomatoes and... - 38.5919
Cod And Potatoes
1. Peel and cut up the potatoes. Boil them in salted water until they're soft. Drain and then mash. Add milk and butter or margarine to taste. Don't make the potatoes too soft. Season with salt and pepper. Keep mashed potatoes warm in the oven or in a pot.... - 27.1041
Soak cod in cold water overnight.
The next day, drain and then rinse under running cold water.
Cook cod, potatoes, and onions separately in water, adding no salt.
Drain when tender.
Remove all bones from cod, trim edges from fish, and cut into 2 inch... - 36.4273
Poached Cod Fines-herbes
Set the steaks or fillets in one layer in an 8 X 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) glass dish Pour the liquid over the fish.
Cover with the onion and lemon slices, the bay leaf, salt and peppercorns.
Microwave, uncovered, 3 minutes at HIGH.
Tilt the dish and pour the... - 43.0964
Cooking Salmon And Cod
If you don’t know how to cook your fish deliciously, then you must be watching this Fried Salmon and Cod recipe video by Dave. He is using garlic powder and freshly chopped onion to fry his cornmeal coated salmon and cod fish. It looks so delicious and it... - 108.502
Potato Cod Bake
Place the cod, onion, peppercorns, apple, salt, thyme and cider in a buttered 900 ml (1 1/2 pint) ovenproof dish.
Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160°C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for 20 minutes.
Strain the fish liquor and make up to 150 ml (1/4 pint)... - 43.1733
Cod Fish With Tomato Sauce
Wash the fish and pat dry.
Dip the fish in flour and saute in heated butter on both sides until nicely browned and the fish easily flakes with a fork.
Drain on paper toweling.
Saute the tomatoes in the same butter.
Season with the garlic, salt and... - 34.4581
Creamed Cod Fish
Place the fish in a pan with water to cover.
Add the lemon slices and bring to boil over high heat.
When the surface becomes foamy, cover and reduce heat.
Simmer for about fifteen minutes.
Drain and reserve the liquid.
Set aside the fish and keep warm.
In the... - 41.9861
Cod Fish Casserole
Soak the cod in water to cover for a few hours.
Drain and cover the fish with fresh water.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer fifteen minutes.
Do not boil.
Heat the butter in a skillet and saute the onion until... - 40.1315
This Cod Provencale tastes yummy ! Try this irresistibly seasoned cod fillet bakes as an entree or as an accompaniment with rice. Let me know how you've liked this Cod Provencale. - 41.7632
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. In a skillet, heat half the oil, add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until the onion is transparent. Add the anchovies, olives and fennel.
3. Place four cod steaks in a greased baking dish, spread with the... - 35.3138
Portuguese Fish Steaks
Heat the oven to 400 Â°F (Gas Mark 6, 200 Â°C).
Dry the cod steaks thoroughly with absorbent kitchen paper and cut them into large cubes.
Toss them in the seasoned flour.
Heat some oil in a thick bottomed frying pan.
Add the cubes of fish and cook until... - 38.9983
Cape Cod Fish Balls
1. In a large saucepan, place codfish and cover with cold water.
2. Bring water to a boil, cover pan and simmer fish for 10 minutes until it is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
3. Drain and let fish cool until easy to handle.
4. Flake fish into... - 37.121
Deep Fried Cod Fish
I like crunchy cod fillet with simple spices that have a distinguished flavor and amazing taste. You can eat this dish anytime as a snack or even as a appetizer. - 109.002
Fish Gratin With Fresh Red Rock Cod From The Pacific Ocean
Those of you who like baked fish should watch the video. An appetizing baked dish. The dish is combined with potatoes which gives it a different taste. The sauce used is easy to make. Fish Au Gratin can be served with a fresh green salad. - 105.393
Cape Cod Fish Chowder
1. Saute onion in butter or margarine until soft in a large saucepan; add potatoes, salt, basil, pepper and water; cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Place fish on top of potatoes; cover again. Simmer 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and potatoes are... - 33.4191
Cod Fish Feroce
1) In a skillet, pour 1 cup water.
2) Add wine, bay leaves, peppercorns, and thyme to the water and bring to boil.
3) Reduce the heat and add the cod.
4) Simmer covered for 12 to 15 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5)... - 47.4475
Baked Cod Fillets Au Gratin
1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2 Lightly grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish with butter.
3 Arrange partially thawed fillets in the dish.
4 In a small saucepan, add the tomato sauce with 1/4 teaspoon salt,1/8... - 45.7231
Cod Steaks With Tarragon Mayonnaise
1. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Grease rack in broiling pan. Place cod steaks on rack; broil 5 to 7 minutes without turning, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, and... - 28.4069
Cod Sailor Style
The cod sailor style is a simple herbed cod bake with green olives and tomatoes. Fresh and delicious, the cod sailor style is seasoned with salt and pepper along with a parsley, caper and oregano sauce. I love this recipe for its sheer ese of preparation and... - 35.4356
Grilled Cod And Potatoes
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Place 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice and black peppercorns in a bowl and mix to combine. Brush oil mixture over fish and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Brush potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place... - 27.1429
Cod With Marinated Tomatoes
Mix tomatoes, onions, vinegar, water, capers, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper sauce in glass jar or bowl.
Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours.
If fish fillets are large, cut into 5 serving pieces.
Heat 1 1/2 inches water and 1 teaspoon... - 40.9
Salt Fish Venetian Style
Soak salt cod in several changes of water for 24-48 hr., depending on how hard it is.
Boil for 2 hr.
Skin and bone the fish, and chop into small chunks.
Heat oil in an ovenproof casserole, and fry onion and garlic until it begins to change colour.
Add... - 43.5294
Cod With Mushrooms And Tomato
1. Arrange fish fillets in a single layer in baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Layer with mushrooms, tomato, green onions and dill. Pour wine or stock over. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes when tested with fork.
2. Remove... - 30.1854
Mexican Grilled Fish Tacos
Making tacos was never so exciting. Here is an excellent video that shares a delightful grilled fish tacos recipe. Great way to impress your family and friends on a holiday picnic or a relaxing weekend. This step-wise video would definitely take you to an... - 131.955
Rub the cod with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
Place in an ovenproof dish with the water or fish broth.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, dot with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 300° oven for about 30... - 33.5564
Acadian Baked Cod With Vegetables
Mix the lemon rind, salt, pepper and thyme, rub all over the fish.
Place in a 7 x 11-inch (18 x 28 cm) microwave-safe dish.
Sprinkle with the lemon juice.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Remove fish from dish.
Arrange half the onion, tomatoes, potatoes and green pepper... - 42.8305
1) In a large skillet, heat oil. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute covered till they turn soft.
2) Peel, core and chop the tomatoes. Add into the skillet and saute for 2 minutes. Add in salt, pepper and thyme.
3) Place the frozen cod fillets in the... - 40.9995
Peppery Cod Steaks
1. In 1-quart casserole or bowl, combine onion, red pepper, celery, chili sauce, salad oil, crushed red pepper, salt, and garlic powder; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, until... - 30.4105
Cod Steaks And Pickles
Preheat oven to 150°F (70°C).
Dredge cod in flour.
Heat oil in large frying pan and add fish.
Cook 4 to 5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
Season well when turning fish over.
Remove fish from pan and keep hot in oven.
Add butter to pan and... - 36.7101
1.In a pan heat the oil and fry onions and garlic in it until soft.
2.Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
3.Stir in tomatoes, wine, thyme, salt and pepper and let the mixture boil.
4.Let the ingredients cook for 20 minutes.
5.Meanwhile, heat butter... - 47.6059
Cod's Roe Pate
Skin the roe and put into a bowl.
Add butter, garlic and pepper, and mix until smooth.
Gradually add the cream, and blend well.
Stand the bowl in a bain marie and cook slowly for 20-30 minutes in a fairly slow oven.
Cover top with foil to keep the pate... - 29.6224
Deviled Cod Steaks
Wipe cod steaks with damp cloth.
Mix remaining ingredients together and spread over fish.
Arrange on greased ovenproof platter.
Bake in preheated slow oven (325°F.) about 35 minutes.
Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. - 28.2798
Newfoundland Fish And Brewis
Water salt fish for 12-14 hours, depending on the thickness of cod.
Pour off water for soaking, then cook fish.
Bring it to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes; drain.
Remove skin, bones and flake.
Soak hard bread until it can be cut with a knife.
Bring just to a... - 38.1734
Baked Cod With Rosemary
Ask your fish man to remove bones from cod, leaving two halves attached at one side.
Scale fish, using a descaler or the blunt side of a knife.
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chopped anchovies and heat... - 40.0666
Mackerel And Smoked Cod Roe Pate
1 Skin and bone the mackerel.
2 Pound the flesh of the mackerel with the cod roe in a large bowl, using a pestle, a rolling pin, or a fork.
3 Blend in the butter, cream, sherry, garlic, onion and lemon juice. Mix well together. Season with salt and pepper and... - 28.1413
Cod A La Catalan
Simmer cod for 10 minutes in lightly salted water.
Bone and flake.
In a large saucepan place first the bacon, onion, red pepper, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Cover with alternating layers of potatoes and cod flakes, dusting each layer of fish with a little... - 39.8274
Cod With Tomatoes And Peppers
1. Cut the fish into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes and then set it aside.
2. Place the onion, pepper and vegetable oil in a large ovenproof casserole and mix well. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5 -7 minutes until... - 33.1761
Cabillaud Cod Au Gratin
Preheat oven to 450 °F.
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water.
Drain thoroughly; dry over low heat.
Mash well, adding 2 tablespoons butter, cream, and egg.
Season with salt and pepper.
Put fish into skillet with wine, lemon juice, and enough salted water... - 44.1898
Cod Sailor Style
This Cod Sailor Style tastes incredible ! Try this irresistibly seasoned fish casserole for your next meal and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Cod Sailor Style are welcome. - 35.3792
Rock Cod In A Hurry
Presoak a clay pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
Wash the fish in cold running water, then squeeze the juice of lemon over the fish and let stand while the pot is soaking.
Set the juiced lemon aside.
When ready to cook, brush the fish with the... - 42.7319
Saute Of Cod
Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the cod cutlets and cook gently for 10 minutes, turning once.
Transfer the fish to a serving dish and keep hot.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook slowly until the onion is soft but not coloured.
Add the... - 41.316
This Curried Cod tastes incredible ! Try this irresistible fish and vegetable dish with rice or pasta and let me know if you like it ! - 32.6982
Poached Cod With Tomatoes & Olives
1. Remove fish from freezer; cut each block of fish into 3 pieces with a serrated knife.
2. Combine fish, wine, water, lemon slices, salt and pepper in a large skillet; bring to boiling; lower heat. Simmer, covered, turning pieces once, 20 minutes, or until... - 32.7674
Battered Cod With Marie Rose Sauce
1. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco.
2. Pour the water into a large bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer at low speed, beat in the 2 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the baking soda. Strain the batter into... - 29.3104
Fillet fish (or have it done at the fish market), reserving all trimmings.
Wrap fish fillets and refrigerate.
Place trimmings in an 8-quart kettle; add water, clam juice, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil over high heat; then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1... - 44.7452
Cod Soup With Potato Balls
This cod soup is prepared along with salt pork and potato balls. Flavored with celery leaves, tabasco sauce, peppercorns and shallots, the cod soup can be served as a side in a meal. Filling and satisfying, I often make this cod soup and serve it with soft... - 45.4044
Cod With Horseradish Sauce
This Cod with Horseradish Sauce tastes terrific ! Try this irresistible seasoned and sauced fish dish and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Cod with Horseradish Sauce are welcome ! - 35.9592
Flaky Cod With Potatoes
1. Saute'onion and garlic in olive oil or vegetable oil until soft in a large skillet with a cover.
2. Peel, core and chop tomatoes; stir into onion mixture and cook 2 minutes; add salt, thyme and pepper.
3. Place frozen fish block in the sauce in skillet,... - 30.6841
Casserole Of Cod
Put spinach in bottom of greased casserole.
Lay fillet cut in pieces for serving, on top of spinach.
Sprinkle onion and seasoning over fish.
Pour on salad oil or melted butter.
Cover all with white sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 45 minutes at 250 to... - 36.0158
Finely grind cod, or blend in a food processor until coarse-fine then mix with potatoes in a large bowl.
Season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
Make small round or oval shapes of the mixture.
Lightly beat egg in a bowl.
Dip croquettes in egg,... - 44.332
Cod With Herb Vinaigrette Sauce
1. Let frozen cod stand at room temperature 15 minutes to thaw slightly.
2. In 10-inch skillet over high heat, heat water, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling.
3. With serrated knife held in slanting position, cut block of frozen fish... - 32.9955
Cod With Lemon And Watercress Sauce
Place the cod in a shallow 600 ml (1 pint) ovenproof dish.
Add the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon rind, cider and salt to taste.
Cover with foil and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160 C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for 20 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a... - 40.8644
Cape Cod Room Crab Au Gratin
Thaw or drain crab meat.
Remove cartilage; cut into chunks.
Cook crab and shallots or onion in butter 5 minutes.
Add cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
Turn into individual oven-going serving dishes; sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake... - 36.3329
Broiled Cod Steaks Montauk
1. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, seasoned salt, and seasoned pepper; set aside.
2. Lightly brush rack in broiling pan with salad oil. Place cod steaks on rack; broil 5 to 7 minutes, until cod... - 28.905
Cod Steaks With Spinach And Mushrooms
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, place fish steak; sprinkle with salt; cook, turning fish once, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, about 10 minutes. With pancake turner remove fish to warm large platter.
2.... - 24.8777
Macadamia Of Cod Martinique
Soak cod in cold water overnight.
The next day, drain, trim edges from fish, and coarsely shred fish.
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet.
Add onion and cod; cook until lightly browned.
Add pepper, bouquet garni, garlic, and tomato; mix well.
Cook covered... - 40.4411
When you buy a raw cod's roe, you must get the whole roe without the membrane having been broken.
Wrap the roe in a square of fine cheesecloth.
Drop it into warm, salted water.
Bring the water to a bubble very slowly.
Poach the roe for a half hour with the... - 33.056
Cod, Clam And Noodle Casserole
Put noodles in greased 2-quart casserole.
Drain clams and add to noodles with 1/2 cup of drained liquid.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Break fish in chunks and mix with noodles; dot with butter.
Heat spinach according to package directions and pour... - 34.9138
Cod Stewed With Potatoes, Corn And Tomatoes
1. In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add a layer of onions and a layer of potatoes. Sprinkle some of the corn and bell pepper on top. Dribble a few drops of the hot pepper sauce over the vegetables. Add a layer of fish and tomatoes, and season... - 33.7773